Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Wasnt one of the things in super early Dr. stone that the earth's axis tilted a bit? so like...that map marker we have isnt quite accurate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

It's off axis 3000 years in the future. Xeno and Senku were using data from their day of petrification.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I do like how they apply scientific principles to the petrification effect.

ISS was not turned to stone when based off length of time of event it would have entered a perfect bubble -> Petri-force is limited by gravity -> came at senku like a wave and not from below -> and at a minimum slowed by the earth if not stopped by it.

:science:

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Chapter 172

Come now, Xeno, even I know from Amazon Trail there are rubber trees down there!

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
It's not a real Dr. Stone arc if there's no new cute girl introduced.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

:smaug:

SKULL.GIF posted:

Thinking about it... they're approaching Manaus from the Pacific, but I don't think they'll want to sail around Tierra del Fuego and then up the Amazon. If I had to guess, I'd think we're likely going to see them land at Ecuador or something, go across the Andes, then through the Amazon jungle. That'd also give us sufficient variety for more science hijinks and inventions.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I wonder if they'll run into Pablo Escobar's hippos. After a few thousand years they'll be everywhere.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Also good. If I remember I read a story about some crazy dude who basically hiked alongside the amazon river all the way from that top area to the coast. Apparently he met drug trafficers several times along the way but they had heard of what he was doing and let him pass through.

Inglonias
Mar 7, 2013

I WILL PUT THIS FLAG ON FREAKING EVERYTHING BECAUSE IT IS SYMBOLIC AS HELL SOMEHOW

Kerning Chameleon posted:

Chapter 172

Come now, Xeno, even I know from Amazon Trail there are rubber trees down there!

And Cinchona!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm ready for the Fitzcarraldo arc.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I like Chelsea's pumpkin themed outfit.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm ready for the Fitzcarraldo arc.

I WANT MY OPERA HOOOOOUUUUUUSE!

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

“I knew that when the petrification beam cleaves humanity into two antagonistic halves, I will be with the Kingdom of Science.”

— Senku Ishigami, the Motorcycle Diaries

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Electric Phantasm posted:

I like Chelsea's pumpkin themed outfit.

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1322954980517507072?s=20

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
I like that Caleb gets on Xeno's case for not knowing about rubber trees.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dr. Stone 173

Hellsail acquired!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Chelsea's got a good head on her shoulders. Once the situation was explained and Xeno did the "Join me!" offer villains usually do, she straight away went "Nah, you're a bad guy."

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
You know, sometimes this manga stretches a bit for expertise but I ten billion percent believe that Ryusui has participated in multiple yacht races.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

The series is an excellent blend of science and anime.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Dr. Stone #174: Goodbye Forever
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1007944

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Goddamn, I know people were saying the cast was getting a little big/unruly, but... man I didn't think they'd just kill somebody off like that.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
Senku has 0 problems making sacrifices for science.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Love the OP reference for Taiju's farewell to the boat

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Sub Harrison posted:

Love the OP reference for Taiju's farewell to the boat

As soon as I saw the set up I was looking for it and not disappointed

It was VERY good

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I've not been too high on Dr. Stone lately, but whatever, that set of panels has me giggling.

Team The Mobile Lab was a crewmate and that pose, drat it, perfect

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Mobile Lab, no :negative:

Team Mobile Law Was a Crewmate forever.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

This is interesting. I enlarged it, but you can see the remnants of the Panama Canal and Gatun Lake in this panel.

It looks impassable to me but Stanley might be able to dynamite a path through or something like that.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

SKULL.GIF posted:

This is interesting. I enlarged it, but you can see the remnants of the Panama Canal and Gatun Lake in this panel.

It looks impassable to me but Stanley might be able to dynamite a path through or something like that.

You are not dynamiting your way through that, you would need to rebuild the lock structures to make passage.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I kind of feel like the twist will be that the canal is JUST passable enough that by the time the main squad makes their way to the other side, stanely is already waiting for them

Kerning Chameleon
Apr 8, 2015

by Cyrano4747
It almost has to be, because if the KoS get their motorcycles before they catch up, there's no way Stanley's squad will be able to keep pace through the goddamn Amazon.

EDIT: A possible plan emerges...

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1328021391237517322

Kerning Chameleon fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Nov 15, 2020

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Kerning Chameleon posted:

It almost has to be, because if the KoS get their motorcycles before they catch up, there's no way Stanley's squad will be able to keep pace through the goddamn Amazon.

EDIT: A possible plan emerges...

https://twitter.com/CDCubed/status/1328021391237517322

Seems clear telegraphing that team Stanley is going to grab the mobile lab, retrofit it, and chase/beat the Science Teens to the target.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
The thing about the canal is that they might have been able to make their way through with the motorboat and some work on the locks, maybe some portage. The carrier is huge though and they would have more or less rebuild the drat thing to get something that big through.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

I Am Fowl posted:

The thing about the canal is that they might have been able to make their way through with the motorboat and some work on the locks, maybe some portage. The carrier is huge though and they would have more or less rebuild the drat thing to get something that big through.

It's probably 100% impassable at this point (unless they just handwave something) because it's not a straight cut through the continents. You traverse many levels of elevation change going through the thing.

You can check it out on Google Maps Satellite view. Most of it is a giant lake, but you need to get up to there from their side. Otherwise you're just stuck dealing with a waterfall and there is no way the dock gates and machinery are functional in any state after 5000 years.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Gen's scar is putting in some overtime this chapter.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Can Of Worms posted:

Gen's scar is putting in some overtime this chapter.

Remember it's just makeup right now.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

MonsterEnvy posted:

Remember it's just makeup right now.

And now everyone has images of Gen touching up his make up just off panel.

Maybe Stanley will just use a plane to check on the mobile lab?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
God, Gen absolutely would be the type to adjust his makeup for the mood.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Z=175. High speed crafting.
https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1007945

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

this manga's so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Senku and Xeno are so good

Both are planning on using the other's group to accomplish their larger goals

Xeno needs to utilize Senku for help on dealing with Whyman, Senku needs Xeno's forces in case of a militarized threat at their destination. Thats why Xeno is helping Senku and also Why Senku is playing at keeping JUST out of reach of Xeno's forces.