Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Framboise posted:

No need to be scared, Tartaglia is extremely good

I pulled him, and so far he's been underperforming. Maybe it's because I just don't have any good bows for him - all of my four-star bows are bad for him in some way - but Xiangling or Razor are doing more DPS than he is. Maybe once I get a really bitchin' set of artifacts on him, his true power will shine through, but I'm waiting until AR40 to get deep into the weeds there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Framboise posted:

Want to see my extremely good lvl1 Diluc?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Framboise posted:

Daddy Zhong is better

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I don't care about any of these rate up 5 stars I just want Keqing or Jean.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

John Lee posted:

I pulled him, and so far he's been underperforming. Maybe it's because I just don't have any good bows for him - all of my four-star bows are bad for him in some way - but Xiangling or Razor are doing more DPS than he is. Maybe once I get a really bitchin' set of artifacts on him, his true power will shine through, but I'm waiting until AR40 to get deep into the weeds there.

He really wants Rust or Skyward Harp, yeah-- but once you get his talents up he does absolutely insane burst damage and his vaporizes are bonkers.

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Want to see my extremely good lvl1 Diluc?

Should also use him too, yeah.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Framboise posted:

He's too lame

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I want to dunk childe into a toilet

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
thought I'd drop some pulls for Rust got this instead. this is fine

Framboise posted:

some people make a point of pride of not using specific characters for whatever reason, basically the reverse version of the keqingmains phenomenon

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

YES bread posted:

some people make a point of pride of not using specific characters for whatever reason, basically the reverse version of the keqingmains phenomenon

I think it's more that people want to use characters they like and currently character XP is very limited so leveling a character you don't like is directly taking away from people you do like

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Andrast posted:

I think it's more that people want to use characters they like and currently character XP is very limited so leveling a character you don't like is directly taking away from people you do like

that's just a normal thing to do and not what I'm referring to lol

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

YES bread posted:

thought I'd drop some pulls for Rust got this instead. this is fine

I'm out of the loop, what's the keqingmains thing?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Are we still talking about the geo hypostasis?
The shockwave attack is like 10 seconds of free time to invulnerably hit the pillar while you stand inside the shield. That's pretty much a free pillar break, which knocks the hypostasis down to the ground and gives you an actual dps window.

oh ok im thinking of thunder, which also does a ground wave attack

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
help how do i genshin

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

I'm an idiot and killed my wolf before this week's pass started. If anybody at WL3 or 4 has it up in their world PM me/post or add me at 608480861. I'll be around for like 90 minutes or so.

Canopus250 fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Nov 15, 2020

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Ashenai posted:

I'm out of the loop, what's the keqingmains thing?

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

UltraRed posted:

Do we have a thread somewhere for Genshin Impact team ups? I need help killing the wolf boss, but pubbies are not being responsive. :( Don't see a thread in private servers.

Hit me up if you still need help - I could use a wolf fight this week anyway (used it for last day of last banner).

UID 609149745

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Hit me up if you still need help - I could use a wolf fight this week anyway (used it for last day of last banner).

UID 609149745

Is it up in your world? I need a host for it. I misspoke in my first post.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

lmao holy poo poo

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Canopus250 posted:

Is it up in your world? I need a host for it. I misspoke in my first post.

Nah UltraRed apparently needs help with his this week though - I'm in the same boat as you.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
imagine simping for a literal gambling video game character that hard

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

aparmenideanmonad posted:

Nah UltraRed apparently needs help with his this week though - I'm in the same boat as you.

poo poo, well if anybody can help host it then post post post

I gotta hammer out 15 leylines in the meantime

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

berenzen posted:

It depends on the comp and whether you have c2 XQ. C2 XQ makes him basically a must have for childe because of the 15% RES down, particularly in an electroshock comp with fischl, and then you bring in a bennett for healing/more damage.

I do have C2 XQ! And Fischl and Bennet, so that sounds like a pretty good team comp (and Chongyun could be substituted for someone depending upon the enemies being faced).

Of course, this necessitates actually leveling up my Bennet (and proobably talents on XQ).

Sarsapariller posted:

Where do people find the resin to do stuff like weekly bosses? I'm at AR36 now and I'm spending literally all of my daily resin farming weapon mats and talent books for my main team, just barely keeping up with the pace of levelling on two main dps and funneling any excess into my healer and support. If I have any resin left over on a given day, I usually spend it trying to hit the 20 ley-line weekly BP requirement and make some mora at the same time.

Actually the resin requirements are beginning to aggravate me in general. The BP's got "Spend 1200 resin" as a weekly requirement and that is particularly frustrating- you can only generate 1260 resin across a whole week, max, if you are regenerating new resin every minute of every day. I log in every evening and spend 160 every day which hasn't even brought me close- if I wanted to hit that number I'd need to log in twice a day to make sure I never hit the cap. As it is I'll need to burn 6 or 7 fragile resin to make up the difference. It just feels punishing.

Mostly just be patient about upgrading weapons/talents. I don't know what level your people are, but it's not hard to set aside 120 resin a week for the bosses (which provide a bunch of useful stuff themselves, like artifacts which are at least as important as XP/talents for your characters' performance).

Also, the weekly BP resin thing isn't required to actually finish the BP. I believe I started last BP at least a week late and managed to finish.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

It’s easy to use resin on anything when everything is a billion miles away. Like Saturday was the chains weapon day and I stared at the weapons I have needing it and the absurd chaos core requirements and instead of spamming that domain I went and farmed xp books. Which promptly got eaten immediately and might as well have not existed, that resin could have gone anywhere.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Sarsapariller posted:

Where do people find the resin to do stuff like weekly bosses? I'm at AR36 now and I'm spending literally all of my daily resin farming weapon mats and talent books for my main team, just barely keeping up with the pace of levelling on two main dps and funneling any excess into my healer and support. If I have any resin left over on a given day, I usually spend it trying to hit the 20 ley-line weekly BP requirement and make some mora at the same time.

Actually the resin requirements are beginning to aggravate me in general. The BP's got "Spend 1200 resin" as a weekly requirement and that is particularly frustrating- you can only generate 1260 resin across a whole week, max, if you are regenerating new resin every minute of every day. I log in every evening and spend 160 every day which hasn't even brought me close- if I wanted to hit that number I'd need to log in twice a day to make sure I never hit the cap. As it is I'll need to burn 6 or 7 fragile resin to make up the difference. It just feels punishing.

If it helps you can log in during the day on mobile and make some condensed resin

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Sarsapariller posted:

I log in every evening and spend 160 every day which hasn't even brought me close- if I wanted to hit that number I'd need to log in twice a day to make sure I never hit the cap. As it is I'll need to burn 6 or 7 fragile resin to make up the difference. It just feels punishing.

That doesn't really add up. 160 resin a day for 7 days is 1120 resin. It's not quite enough, but if it "hasn't even brought you close", then you're also doing something else wrong. You should only be off by 80, that's 2 fragile resin at most, not 6-7.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Ashenai posted:

That doesn't really add up. 160 resin a day for 7 days is 1120 resin. It's not quite enough, but if it "hasn't even brought you close", then you're also doing something else wrong. You should only be off by 2 fragile resin at most, not 6-7.

You get 180 resin a day though. Couldn't you just spend 30 seconds in the morning making condensed resin or do a quick leyline?

Edit: pretend I am quoting the correct person

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Nov 15, 2020

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
The pass this week started on Wednesday so nobody will finish that BP quest without refreshing this week.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
sent friends requests to avicenna and buttchugging (lol). I'm 611426089 as Zanthia

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

So if I'm reading the Battlepass right, I get rewards regardless if I buy one, but if I pay 10 bucks I get extra rewards? I just hit AR20 and play like 20-30 minutes a day. (Currently obsessed with AC: Valhalla) but would probably come back to this.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

UltraRed posted:

Do we have a thread somewhere for Genshin Impact team ups? I need help killing the wolf boss, but pubbies are not being responsive. :( Don't see a thread in private servers.

Theres a discord server with a bunch of goons who can help! https://discord.gg/Dxbk6ZTB2X

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Saxophone posted:

So if I'm reading the Battlepass right, I get rewards regardless if I buy one, but if I pay 10 bucks I get extra rewards? I just hit AR20 and play like 20-30 minutes a day. (Currently obsessed with AC: Valhalla) but would probably come back to this.

Correct. Best to fill out the battlepass before deciding whether to buy it, that way you know what you're getting.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Saxophone posted:

Yeah, you get the top row of rewards for free, and the bottom row also if you pay.

If you're not 100% sure then just wait, you won't miss out on anything. You can buy the battle pass at any time during the next 35 days and get all the bottom row rewards you accumulated.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Saxophone posted:

Yup. If you look at the reward track the bottom half that's locked off is what buying the pass will get you for each rank. Like was already said it's better to wait until towards the end so you know how far along you are and what you'll get before buying unless you are just in dire need of mora or EXP books or something.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
You might not think that exp books and mora and talent books and weapon gems are really worth the $10 since they're farmable, but it is, on so many levels. Once you hit the BP40 range the rewards are nuts. I was happier getting all that stuff than I was the primogems and wishes and maybe even the BP30 weapon.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Man, we kicked rear end. Thanks, guys!

Xun posted:

Theres a discord server with a bunch of goons who can help! https://discord.gg/Dxbk6ZTB2X

I missed this from the OP. Thanks

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

Happy to help, if you change your mind about doing Oceanid in the future let me know.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
The $10 battle pass thing immediately took me from broke to having 3 mil in the bank.

It was delightful.

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Buying and maxing out the last BP was definitely worth it to me; echoing that it's a ton of XP and mora. Although I'm not sure if I'll be able to buy the current pass since re-upping my blessing is mysteriously getting declined today.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

It's worth it definitely if you can make it to at least 30

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sayonara chainsaw
Sep 27, 2013
I got the battle pass at the end of the season to make rank 50 and i felt powerful playing with my friends who were grinding leylines daily.