Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

Don't worry, I've been spending the past few years developing a whole new line of takes to revitalize the industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Harold Fjord posted:

I only ever listen to Fantasies but this seems right

art of doubt is real good

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

WoodrowSkillson posted:

we fuckbarreled everyone who brought entertainment to the thread so now its just a bunch of people without the spicy takes like "rammstein is the greatest band ever" or "paper bag tests are cool and good"

my evolutionary adaptation of making only bland, missable posts has led to a dead-end

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Sinnlos posted:

Don't worry, I've been spending the past few years developing a whole new line of takes to revitalize the industry.

joining forces with even larger birds of prey

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

my evolutionary adaptation of making only bland, missable posts has led to a dead-end

Bland sure but they arent all miserable. At least you still see joy in life when everything isnt on fire.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Furnaceface posted:

Bland sure but they arent all miserable. At least you still see joy in life when everything isnt on fire.

miss-able, as in the opposite of unmissable

and thank you, i try to internalize my misery. i'm glad to know it's working

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Cease to Hope posted:

metric is the best band ever though

My partner introduced me to Metric on roadtrips, they're really cool.

I really like the Foo Fighters. They're coming out with a new album early next year and I'm excited.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
hopefully predictit closes their markets in time for me to drink all of my winnings during the inauguration

atriptothebeach
Oct 27, 2020

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
Good photo

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

hopefully predictit closes their markets in time for me to drink all of my winnings during the inauguration

This is also a major concern of mine

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

agreed

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

this is how most posting was during better days

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i couldn't get on predictit from norway and so lived vicariously through a friend who ended up winning several hundred dollars, in no small part on my urging

chap owes me a beer

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Disinterested posted:

This is also a major concern of mine

money should start flowing as the swing states certify results

luckily i can float my positions for another month or two before my house of cards falls apart

V. Illych L. posted:

i couldn't get on predictit from norway and so lived vicariously through a friend who ended up winning several hundred dollars, in no small part on my urging

chap owes me a beer

not familiar with the ins and outs of eu stuff, but couldn't you have placed just a regular bet through on of the uk betting sites? i thought those were open to any europeans

meanwhile us poor americans are left placing penny ante wagers to take advantage of irrational trump supporters who are willing to give you a dollar for 85 cents because it makes them feel better

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

took a peek in the post-election thread and was like hm yes then saw majorian tone policing people and remembered ah yes

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

money should start flowing as the swing states certify results

luckily i can float my positions for another month or two before my house of cards falls apart

not familiar with the ins and outs of eu stuff, but couldn't you have placed just a regular bet through on of the uk betting sites? i thought those were open to any europeans

meanwhile us poor americans are left placing penny ante wagers to take advantage of irrational trump supporters who are willing to give you a dollar for 85 cents because it makes them feel better

norway has a state monopoly on gambling,and though the betting sites will let you go for it anyway i've heard (possibly apocryphal) stories of people getting fined to their eyeballs for online gambling

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Berke Negri posted:

took a peek in the post-election thread and was like hm yes then saw majorian tone policing people and remembered ah yes

plus ça change...

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Berke Negri posted:

if theres any comfort in this moddship, its that now its inevitable that some horrible crimes from his past will come out and we cast him out into the hills

being a mod is a kiss of death

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

V. Illych L. posted:

norway has a state monopoly on gambling,and though the betting sites will let you go for it anyway i've heard (possibly apocryphal) stories of people getting fined to their eyeballs for online gambling

betting on politics is illegal here, but technically we're taking part in "research". you should try that excuse

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
majorian's an ik... means nothing 😴

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
majoran being called in from nowhere to mod D&D is pretty drat funny. I've enjoyed stirring the D&D/CSPAM tensions

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
ironically he's probably the most oorah gungho mod/ik in dnd about punishing decorum violations lol

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

ironically he's probably the most oorah gungho mod/ik in dnd about punishing decorum violations lol

for an extremely selective and motivated definition of decorum violation, maybe

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!
Majorian’s been doing a great job.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/RespectIsVital/status/1329486913561120768?s=20

folks we need to talk about this man's epistemes

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
what is with the french and just losing their poo poo around muslims

also applies to quebeckers

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

france colonized a bunch of north africa and the middle east

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

macron has been bleeding in popularity and is reverting to bonapartist militarism, ever the domain of french liberals

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the french like rattling sabres as much as the next dying empire, but macron and his lit are absolutely in love with the security state. they're also making it illegal to take pictures of policemen etc.

in a sense we should be grateful to him for making it so clear that even at the peak of their power liberals will always, in the end, revert to base chauvinism

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

removing the ability of muslims to organize as a political group is a surefire way to decrease violent actions by youth who feel disenfranchised and alienated

christ, every where on earth is just utterly hosed

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Cease to Hope posted:

france colonized a bunch of north africa and the middle east

And then one of those colonies humiliated their military. It was pretty cool.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
fishhook theory proven true once again...

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

V. Illych L. posted:

macron has been bleeding in popularity and is reverting to bonapartist militarism, ever the domain of french liberals

Bonapartheid

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

Macron emulating Ataturk with a french Diyanet but will he follow through with a list of legal hats?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Very terrible monopolistic media empires.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

You could just say 'Europe' tbh. Things are not great.

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

France is hugely anti semetic. If you asked someone in 1900 what country would kill 6 million jews, they'd say france, or russia. Muslims are just the new touchstone since all the jews have been killed.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
i don't think all of france's jews have been killed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard