Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

haha wtf is wrong with people :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm more surprised that that person didn't reroll until they got keqing instead of...that

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
who do I put my xp books into?

constellations:

fischl c2
xiangling c3
venti c2
barbara c5
noelle c2
ningguang c2

right now my strategy for most fights is drop xiang and fischl's pets then switch to razor and jean and hit stuff while cycling their skills.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
If you're planning on doing the Spiral Abyss you'll need to decide on how you want your second team set up. Razor is your main attacker unit for team 1, and you need to choose who your main attacker on team 2 should be. Your options look to be Jean, Xiangling (with the craftable Crescent Pike), or Ningguang. I only have any experience with Xiangling who's serviceable (got me to floor 11) but definitely a cut below Razor. Jean and Ningguang I know nothing about.

Whoever you decide on will shape the rest of your decisions. You'll want to level that character to 80. After that your levels look pretty decent in general so I'm not sure where your resin should go, it will depend on how you want to split up your characters between the two teams.

If you're not planning on doing abyss and are happy with how your team is doing just hold onto your books. You might pull a unit you really want to level up later on.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Nov 15, 2020

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Is it worth spending Talent books on Xiangling's Skill and Burst if most of what I do with her is spam regular attacks?

Like, I still drop Gouba when I can (to turn on the Pike's ability) and use her Burst when it's charged, but AAing is the majority of my usage.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

padijun posted:

who do I put my xp books into?

constellations:

fischl c2
xiangling c3
venti c2
barbara c5
noelle c2
ningguang c2

right now my strategy for most fights is drop xiang and fischl's pets then switch to razor and jean and hit stuff while cycling their skills.

XQ is really good with Razor carry. Then as No Wave said you want a 2nd carry at 80 for your 2nd team in Abyss.

Some Numbers posted:

Is it worth spending Talent books on Xiangling's Skill and Burst if most of what I do with her is spam regular attacks?

Granted my Xiangling is C6 but the majority of her damage is by far her burst and skill from my experience.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Some Numbers posted:

Yes if only to make you use her skill and burst more because they're amazing

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore
Xiangling is great because she's the "best" carry you're guaranteed and also an amazing support, so if you level her for one role she can slide over to the other.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Some Numbers posted:

Like, I still drop Gouba when I can (to turn on the Pike's ability) and use her Burst when it's charged, but AAing is the majority of my usage.
It doesn't really matter which one you use more. Upgrade the abilities that you use a lot and it sounds like you use her burst and skill a lot.

Talents that aren't worth upgrading are talents that don't do much (Midnight Phantasmagoria), talents for abilities you don't use (Venti's normal attack), or talents that upgrade attributes you don't care about (Frostgnaw).

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Another thing to consider for talents is what reactions you're focusing on. Xiangling can put out some pretty sick vaporize/melt hits with both her skill and her burst if you build for it, since they hit slowly for big(ish) multipliers, so that might weigh more towards investing in them.

Conversely a whole lot of the damage from her autos actually comes from the crescent pike bonus, so you get comparatively less improvement from each single level there.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I've decided to give up on one of my accounts. AR35, all oculus found. Xiangling is C3, Xingqiu is C1, Noelle is C3, Ningguang is C1, Barbara is C2.

Find me in discord or send me a PM here if you want it!

Edit: Taken!

Lechtansi fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Nov 16, 2020

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Is it better to take your main DPS characters from 70 to 80, or to start leveling up offteam / secondary team characters? The exp requirements seem to go up astronomically at high levels and the attack stat goes up only like 10-15 points for your effort.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Abyss 7-1 has drained my will to live.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Scoss posted:

Is it better to take your main DPS characters from 70 to 80, or to start leveling up offteam / secondary team characters? The exp requirements seem to go up astronomically at high levels and the attack stat goes up only like 10-15 points for your effort.

Main DPS, there's a damage penalty for being below the level of what you're attacking.

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Scoss posted:

Taking a carry from 70-80 is something in the ballpark of +10% damage once you take the basestat increases and the effect of level on enemy def into account. Its a pretty decent boost, but is very expensive. There might well be more economical ways to get more damage, which could well include taking your good supports up to their fourth ascension and/or upgrading their weapons/artifacts. It isn't a simple question to answer though, and it all depends on who you're using in what comps and how much you already have invested in various areas.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i wouldn't worry about raising any DPS to 80 until you're nearing AR45 where enemies in the world reliably spawn at high 70s/80

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

If you're banging your head against a floor it's better to just wait, earlier abyss floors become pretty trivial with more character/weapon/talent levels. I sleepwalked my way to 9 stars on floor 9 after I finally got 6 stars on 10 and everything below 9 is a joke

Flavahbeast fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Nov 15, 2020

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Quetzadilla posted:

Abyss 7-1 has drained my will to live.

Yeah, that was a nasty wall to hit. Takes some thought.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

So I'm AR20 and just did a quest wherein I killed a ninja dude in a shrine after hanging out in Diluc's bar. What's my target level range? I've got some folks up to 30 and one of my weapons at 20, but I don't really have anything in the way of weapon mats and definitely don't want to burn mats on 3 stars.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Framboise posted:

He really wants Rust or Skyward Harp, yeah-- but once you get his talents up he does absolutely insane burst damage and his vaporizes are bonkers.

I somehow hit for 32k with him today with a Vaporize effect. That's dramatically higher than any other damage I've ever done (and also higher than any other damage I've done with Tartaglia specifically); I think before this my highest damage was like 11-12k.

This is basically the end consequence of tier lists rotting peoples' brains.

inthesto posted:

The $10 battle pass thing immediately took me from broke to having 3 mil in the bank.

It was delightful.

The BP is basically the difference between Mora being a problem and Mora not being a problem.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Nov 16, 2020

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

"It's the wasted xp books and leveling up inferior weapons for some c tier unit"

[Laughs in Ningguang]

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Ytlaya posted:

It's very generous of you to assume they're obsessed with Keqing for gameplay reasons.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

that specific person definitely is unhealthily obsessed with an ideal of gameplay they aren't currently meeting

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Ytlaya posted:

but Keqing is suboptimal now

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Saxophone posted:

So I'm AR20 and just did a quest wherein I killed a ninja dude in a shrine after hanging out in Diluc's bar. What's my target level range? I've got some folks up to 30 and one of my weapons at 20, but I don't really have anything in the way of weapon mats and definitely don't want to burn mats on 3 stars.

You don't really have a target level range yet. Don't worry about it. At that level, you don't need much power, but it's also pretty cheap to level stuff up, so it's hard to go wrong overall.

Although if you feel like you're not doing enough damage, don't forget to level your DPS character(s)' feathers! Leveling feathers gives a bigger boost to power than either the weapon or the character level. And you can later feed the leveled (I assume 3*) feathers to your real lategame artifacts to recover 80% of the XP invested in them, so you really don't lose much by doing so.

Ashenai fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Nov 16, 2020

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

loving hell how did people pull Bennett to get him to c1? I'm having to buy his c0 from the shop and yet I had a Ningguang c3 before she was a rateup

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i got a c1 bennett without buying him from the shop actually (the answer as to how is just random dumb luck)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

C1 Bennett is really overemphasized. He is the same OP guy at C0. I owned C0 for a long time and got C1 recently and I haven't noticed any real difference. Imo C1 Diona is much more important than C1 Bennett.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I have a C4 bennett from just sheet dumb luck. I want 1 more so I can have a T11 ult.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Flavahbeast posted:

but Keqing is suboptimal now

And Bennet used to be alone in the lowest tier around release

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I just got a Beidou and all I could think of was that I wanted a wind character. I already have Razor, Lisa, Fischl and my protagonist is already a geo.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Tamba posted:

And Bennet used to be alone in the lowest tier around release

I'm still baffled by how people came to that conclusion. Like even just a cursory glance at what his burst does would reveal how good he is.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

dogsicle posted:

i wouldn't worry about raising any DPS to 80 until you're nearing AR45 where enemies in the world reliably spawn at high 70s/80

Yeah I dunno if I agree with this.

There are plenty of level 72 mobs running around that give enough of a pain in the rear end when you are 70.

Those extra levels really do help.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

People are always super shortsighted at evaluating characters early in a game's life cycle. Go look at the tier lists for a fighting game for the first like 6 months of its lifetime as an example, lists go all over the drat place until a lot of time has passed.

It's especially pointless in this game anyways given the difficulty is very low and even in Abyss which is the current top end content people have taken only freebie basic bitches and cleared.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

A lot of people didn't have him, he doesn't come online really well until AR35 when he gets his A4 for energy generation and most people were running overload comps where his attack boost didn't matter, and people slept on energy recharge as a stat which he really wants to make him good.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The thing that I was not expecting when I used his ult was just how fast the healing was. It's totally unreasonable. His normal scaling and E scaling is pretty crap so I can understand why he was written off if people didn't build him and see just how busted the Q's healing was.

I'm less sympathetic to anyone sleeping on energy recharge as a mechanic. Anyone with any MOBA experience should know how broken cooldown reduction is.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 16, 2020

Batigh
Dec 21, 2009
Hey, y'all, anyone have advice for dodging the Oceanid's water bombs? I-framing through them with bursts prevents the damage just fine, but it doesn't seem to count as 'not getting hit' for the new achievement. The same seems to be true for the 8-3 no-hit achievement, as i dodged the cryo flower's ice spin via burst i-frames once and (unless I didn't realize I got tagged later) that also didn't trigger.

A few tries later, I was able to finish the latter achievement by one-cycling the cryo flower (which granted another achievement, heyo), but I'm still stuck on Oceanid's.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
That tier list should be saved to be used as an argument against tier lists.

zgrowler2 posted:

loving hell how did people pull Bennett to get him to c1? I'm having to buy his c0 from the shop and yet I had a Ningguang c3 before she was a rateup

It does kind of feel like a character everyone but me has. I guess if I'd started a month earlier I could just buy him, but meh. Given who has appeared so far I'm praying and saving for a Xiao/Bennet banner in January.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Batigh posted:

Hey, y'all, anyone have advice for dodging the Oceanid's water bombs? I-framing through them with bursts prevents the damage just fine, but it doesn't seem to count as 'not getting hit' for the new achievement. The same seems to be true for the 8-3 no-hit achievement, as i dodged the cryo flower's ice spin via burst i-frames once and (unless I didn't realize I got tagged later) that also didn't trigger.

A few tries later, I was able to finish the latter achievement by one-cycling the cryo flower (which granted another achievement, heyo), but I'm still stuck on Oceanid's.
I got lucky with Oceanid and he didn't spawn any bombs. That'll probably work for anyone... eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Early Tier lists are bad, but most people playing genshin are new to gacha and dont' know this universal rule.