Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
That's actually extremely adorable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
I legit believe that if stardew valley didn't have gay marriage and wasn't a smash hit, Marvelous would still be releasing story of season games without same-sex relationships. thank u concernedape

With regards to the game that was just announced, it looks like they're doing that same thing they did with FOMT, which is having 'best friends' ceremonies in the Japanese release that are essentially marriages, and which will localized to be marriages in the English version:
https://twitter.com/Cherubae/status/1321491678138523649

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

This is awesome.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Having gender matter in video games is even dumber because you have to specifically code the restrictions. Otherwise you just have marriageable characters and not marriageable characters. Someone takes the time to program preventative measures like an rear end in a top hat. It is literally less work to let anyone marry anyone.

Saxophone fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Oct 30, 2020

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Saxophone posted:

Not having gender matter in video games is even dumber because you have to specifically code the restrictions. Otherwise you just have marriageable characters and not marriageable characters. Someone takes the time to program preventative measures like an rear end in a top hat. It is literally less work to let anyone marry anyone.

the engineer part of software engineer, basically

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

the lesbian version of :mitt: lmao

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013

Akratic Method posted:

There is actually a difference between a wealthy politician attempting to uphold oppressive social norms and a game giving people representation that they rarely see, you know.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
I like when games have cute dialogue for gay romances that isn’t just find/replacing he and she. Sometimes it’s ok for things to be cute and nice. :shobon:

I’d also like to see what the gay dialogue is for boys.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

This is great! More games should do this.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Akratic Method posted:

If you can't see how that's cute then maybe you are the computer draped in stolen human skin

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

kurona_bright posted:

There is actually a difference between a wealthy politician attempting to uphold oppressive social norms and a game giving people representation that they rarely see, you know.

Come on, you really don’t find it amusingly robotic that someone responds to being in a relationship with “yes, we are now in the state of being in a relationship”? Obviously it’s better to have the representation than not, but maybe they could also write dialogue that a human would ever say instead of something that sounds like an android failing its Turing test when the examiner asks it on a date.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Honestly, Jennifer just talks like that.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

HellOnEarth posted:

Honestly, Jennifer just talks like that.

yeah i don't see how this has to be any different because it's gay. the girl said something super awkward because she herself is super awkward and i feel like it's ok to have a giggle at that

if she said "excellent, our relationship is now one of a man and a woman entwined in romance" it'd be equally as awkward and funny

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

it seems you all have context for how the anime waifu normally talks that is not possible to extract from the single line shown, which in isolation looks like a clunky aberration

in other news i still lol at accidentally giving sushi to Kent

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

it seems you all have context for how the anime waifu normally talks that is not possible to extract from the single line shown, which in isolation looks like a clunky aberration

I've never played it but I have known cute and dorky people who talked like that.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Anyone know where the SV expanded mod and immersive farm move the cave entrance on the farm?

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

LLSix posted:

Anyone know where the SV expanded mod and immersive farm move the cave entrance on the farm?

Southest corner of the map. The mine cart in there is not connected to the network and can be used whenever.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Anyone have opinions on Cattails? It's two dollars on the switch.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Was it someone in this thread that recommended Littlewood? Cause I'm actually having a blast with it - it's way clunkier than Stardew and it doesn't have any combat (and a lot less farming, because it focuses on building up a town and just incidentally has farming) but it has a bunch of one-note quirky NPCs and lots of skills to level and stuff like that and I'm really enjoying it as a quick palette cleanser.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I’ve definitely recommended it in some threads, I think Littlewood is a lot of fun!

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Littlewood was a great game. Not super deep, but I like the style, and you just kinda zen garden a town and it's inhabitants.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

in other news i still lol at accidentally giving sushi to Kent

Apparently the empire treats their POWs really well, feeding them a dish almost everyone likes

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Eric the Mauve posted:

Apparently the empire treats their POWs really well, feeding them a dish almost everyone likes
It's like how lobster used to be food for convicts.

(disregard that it was mostly because they cooked lobster by just mashing it up shell and all and boiling until tasteless mush was achieved)

Frekkie Melody
Feb 8, 2020

DACK FAYDEN posted:

It's like how lobster used to be food for convicts.

(disregard that it was mostly because they cooked lobster by just mashing it up shell and all and boiling until tasteless mush was achieved)

So exactly like lobster today then?

I keeed! I've just been very disappointed with lobster I've had so far. It tasted like a watered down version of crayfish. Only bigger.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Saxophone posted:

Littlewood was a great game. Not super deep, but I like the style, and you just kinda zen garden a town and it's inhabitants.
final Littlewood trip report, spent thirty hours to 100% everything except the in-game card game and was sad there wasn't more, do recommend to entire thread

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1327310830220701696

Woo woo! Hoping this drops by the end of the year.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Mr Ape take a vacation after this please.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The man likes making game.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Poque posted:

https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/1327310830220701696

Woo woo! Hoping this drops by the end of the year.

Just when I thought I was out, they pull me right back in! :argh:

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Bogart posted:

The man likes making game.

He and Zun are livin' the dream.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Stardew Valley was massively popular, made All The Money, and now Ape can kick back and do whatever he wants to do with his life.

Turns out what he wants to do is make Stardew Valley.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Really looking forward to split screen. I wonder if you'll be able to do splitscreen AND online multiplayer at the same time. :allears:

I started a farm a couple months ago but I haven't gone back and now that 1.5 is so close, I'll likely hold off until that comes out.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

LLSix posted:

Anyone have opinions on Cattails? It's two dollars on the switch.

It's kinda cute. It's not riveting but I think it's worth two bucks of anyone's time. If you were one of those kids who liked Warrior Cats it's the dream.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I'm taking a vacation after thanksgiving and I'd sure love an excuse to do another playthrough

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Tenebrais posted:

Stardew Valley was massively popular, made All The Money, and now Ape can kick back and do whatever he wants to do with his life.

Turns out what he wants to do is make Stardew Valley.

he actually tried to just hand off stardew to make a new game and came back to stardew because he was having more fun with it, from what i understand

god bless the dude tbh

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

What do you name your pigs? I need some more pig names for my ever growing truffle-hunting horde.

I normally name that after different kinds of jamon (delicious delicious dry-cured ham) but I ran out of varieties in this game.

Unclouded
Jul 14, 2012

LLSix posted:

What do you name your pigs? I need some more pig names for my ever growing truffle-hunting horde.

I normally name that after different kinds of jamon (delicious delicious dry-cured ham) but I ran out of varieties in this game.

I personally hit and hold random and then count to 3 and save that name. My one friend names them after Zelda enemies (Ganon, Moblin, etc).

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Pig 1, Pig 2, Pig 3...

I'm unoriginal and just name them after pork dishes

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no

LLSix posted:

cop words, local politicians

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

LLSix posted:

Sniffles, Snuffles, Wiggles, Waggles, Miss Piggy, and Kermit.