Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Suplex Liberace posted:

why isnt there a big debuking wiki i can use right now!

if theyre at that point they are probably not going to recover and a month or so from now will be fully hooked up to the youtube/facebook/8can iv 24/7

sever while you can

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

no shes not at that point, she agrees that its a big rich person cabal but for some reason she wants that comet pizza dude dead

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Suplex Liberace posted:

no shes not at that point, she agrees that its a big rich person cabal but for some reason she wants that comet pizza dude dead

Jilted lover?

And if an honest-to-God debunking wiki existed, its owner would be found raped to death and burned in an apparent suicide.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

its fine alefantis is awful let her have this one

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

wow that andrew WK article is incredible. what are some good philosophers who talk about identity, reality, simulation etc, i am a novice but that article makes me feel like i need to expand my philosophical understanding to really grapple w the syndikkkate.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

The Saucer Hovers posted:

its fine alefantis is awful let her have this one

Yah thats what's we ended up on I just don't want her to keep reading pizzagate/qannon stuff.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

Suplex Liberace posted:

Yah thats what's we ended up on I just don't want her to keep reading pizzagate/qannon stuff.

Give her TrueAnon.
And Chapo, Grubstakers, Pod drat, Qanon Anonymous, etc.

Crack her ping right open. Maybe she made some contacts that can spread it through the hopefully-disillusioned Qommunity.

Tubgoat has issued a correction as of 03:37 on Nov 16, 2020

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

AlertSense is a subsidiary of the parent company Konexus, and their deal seems to be contracting out emergency response services to the government and private entities.

https://www.konexus.com/about/

So AlertSense is the company that provides all the software and networking infrastructure to Amber Alerts. If you check their Resources page, she's not listed as a staffer anymore and I dunno when she would've left or was fired.

There's still an article on Harvard Human Rights Journal about the Laura Silsby case.

https://harvardhrj.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/14/2009/09/King.pdf

long story short, Laura Silsby was involved with a bunch of missionaries who were trying to kidnap Haitian kids in an effort to "save" them after the earthquake, and the Clintons personally intervened to make sure the missionaries weren't prosecuted and that Laura Silsby was given a lesser charge.

Found it. Memory was rough alright, this is Laura Silsby of Clinton-Haiti controversy fame. Well the reason I conflated it with Maxwell's sister, (one of her twin sisters) Christine, is because Christine co-founded Chiliad and (the other twin) Isabel was once CEO of PureSight.

More detail (and sources) on this and other similar (a really nice collection of sources) here: https://i.reddit.com/r/Epstein/comments/hml42k/how_deep_does_the_maxwell_family_rabbit_hole_go/

Perry Mason Jar has issued a correction as of 05:01 on Nov 16, 2020

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Giga Gaia posted:

i cant find anything about the child alert foundation and the maxwells but id be interested in it if someone has something?

The story there is that Laura Silsby, a Christian missionary, was involved in a child trafficking case in Haiti after the 2010 earthquake. Look up New Life Children's Refuge

Of the ten adults involved in the vase, nine were spared prosecution after intervention by Bill Clinton. Silsby was not, and spent time incarcerated in Haiti.

A year later, Silsby goes back the US, adopts a new name, Laura Gayler, from having gotten married, and joined the company AlertSense.

Not only is AlertSense the company in charge of the Emergency Broadcast System that sent out that false missile launch alert in Hawaii in 2018, but they're also the company in charge of issuing and managing Amber alerts.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
you always know these folks are suspect as gently caress when they're mentioned on a Wikipedia entry and their name is bold but there's no wiki entry for them.

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

I know nothing of Andrew WK, whats the elevator pitch on him and that article?

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Elderbean posted:

that he likes pranks and mythologizing about himself

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020

Perry Mason Jar posted:

It came up here cause, I believe, Maxwell's sister (?) owns the company that provides the AMBER alert system software used by the majority of law enforcement agencies in the US. Something like that, to my rough memory.

lmfao electoralism will fix it tho

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Suplex Liberace posted:

Because there's no way to effectively manage the amount of evidence and information surrounding the whole Epstein thing due to varying levels of provability, plausibility, and the inevitable invasion by QAnon and Pizzagate devotees. They'll come in just like people do on Wikipedia, start throwing in weasel words under the guise of minor edits for grammar or formatting or "encyclopedic tone" which Wikipedia is already bad enough with, and from there they'll undermine the whole thing and it will be useless.

Elderbean posted:

If you think you know much of anything about Andrew WK, you're probably wrong. The author dives into all sorts of oddities and conspiracies surrounding his life. Some theories include

Andrew WK may or may not be an Andy Kaufman style prank by Dave Grohl,
or a prankster/performance artist being weird,
or schizophrenic,
or actually Tom Cruise,
or has multiple personalities and is in a prolonged personal battle with an alternate personality named Steev Mike,
or the victim of MKUltra-style government brainwashing.

Despiteespite the positivity, his image surrounding that, and his enthusiasm for partying, everyone seems to have forgotten that beyond the memorable choruses from "Party Hard" and "She is beautiful," his albums are full of dark, violent, and disturbing lyrics.

For example, "I Love NYC"

[Chorus]
I love New York City
Oh yeah, New York City
I love New York City
Oh yeah, New York City

[Verse 1]
Run it over, run them out
Knock your block and terror your town
Move on corners, move around
Talk no talk, breaking you down

[Pre-Chorus 1]
We are a corporation
We are a company
We cut high, but we're cuttin' high anyway
We are your mother's father
We are your fighter friend
You can't stop what you can't end

[Chorus]

[Verse 2]
Broken faces, burning beds
Deal off some from everyone did
Ride on nothin', ride your head
Got no fear, sayin' not said

[Pre-Chorus 2]
We are a population
We are a factory
We don't do, but we never did anyway
We are your mother's father
We are your fighter friend
You can't stop what you can't end

[Chorus]

Or one of the less known tracks from I Get Wet, "Ready to Die"

[Verse 1]
This is your time to pay
This is your judgment day
We made a sacrifice
And now we get to take your life
We shoot without a gun
We'll take on anyone
It's really nothing new
It's just a thing we like to do

[Chorus]
You better get ready to die (get ready to die)
You better get ready to kill (get ready to kill)
You better get ready to run, 'cause here we come

[Verse 2]
Your life is over now
Your life is running out
When your time is at an end
Then it's time to kill again
We cut without a knife
We live in black and white
You're just a parasite
Now close your eyes and say goodnight

[Chorus]
You better get ready to kill (get ready to kill)
You better get ready to run, 'cause here we come

[Outro]
Get ready to die (get ready to die)
Get ready to die (get ready to die)
Get ready to die
Been a long time coming
Now you better get running
And you better get ready to die

Just for fun, this weird video is how he announced he was moving to a new YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-ezYEoSeWI

GWBBQ has issued a correction as of 07:35 on Nov 16, 2020

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1327763244937859072

quote:

Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Raphael Warnock’s arrest 18 years ago on charges of obstructing a police investigation have become a focus of GOP attacks in the Jan. 5 runoffs that could decide control of the U.S. Senate.

U.S. Sen. Tom Cotton of Arkansas and other Republicans have highlighted the arrest on social media to promote Sens. Kelly Loeffler and David Perdue in the twin runoffs. Loeffler’s campaign joined in Thursday.

The charges are part of a series of attacks leveled against Warnock since he emerged as Loeffler’s opponent in the runoff, along with other broadsides aimed at his past sermons and his political stances.

Media reports and court records show the charges against Warnock were dropped at the request of law enforcement and investigators said he was “very helpful” with the probe. They blamed miscommunication and apologized for the arrest.

That didn’t stop Republicans from promoting the story in hopes of raising new questions about Warnock.

“What exactly was going on there? What was the nature of the child abuse? What was his involvement?” Loeffler aide Stephen Lawson asked. “If he wants Georgia voters to believe anything he says, he needs to come clean and explain what happened.”

Warnock spokesman Terrence Clark told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that it’s a “false attack" that’s taken out of context.

“The truth is he was protecting the rights of young people to make sure they had a lawyer or a parent when being questioned,” Clark said. “Law enforcement officials later apologized and praised him for his help in this investigation.”

In August 2002, Warnock was working at the Douglas Memorial Community Church in Baltimore when he and another minister were charged with obstructing a police investigation into suspected child abuse at a church-run camp in rural Carroll County, Maryland.

He and the other minister were not suspects in the investigation, but they were charged because authorities say they interrupted an interview of a counselor at Camp Farthest Out, an outreach ministry for inner-city kids, and later tried to block a camper from talking to police.

At the time, State Trooper Diane Barry told The Baltimore Sun that she’s “never encountered resistance like that at all.” Warnock told the newspaper he was only asserting that lawyers need to be present during the interviews.

Court records showed that Dr. Lewis Richardson, who chaired the camp’s board of directors, initially allowed police to use a private on-site office to conduct the interviews. But after police conducted one interviewed with a counselor, camp officials told them they wouldn’t help find other counselors to be questioned.

Investigators then tracked down a 17-year-old staffer on their own who agreed to an interview, returned to the office and closed the door, according to The Carroll County Times. Within 10 minutes, Warnock and another minister entered and asked to be present throughout the interview.

When police asked him to leave, Warnock refused and said either he or a parent needed to be there, according to the Times. The investigators moved to a nearby picnic table, and Warnock again urged police not to talk to the counselor without a lawyer present.

Then, when one of the campers pointed out another counselor to be interviewed, the other minister told the camper not to talk to police and pulled him away, according to the court records reviewed by The Times. That’s when police placed the two men under arrest, the newspaper reported.

The charges were dropped in October 2002, and Deputy State’s Attorney Tracy A. Gilmore blamed “some miscommunication” between authorities and the ministers for the initial decision to charge Warnock.

“They were very helpful with the continued investigation,” she told The Sun of Warnock and the other minister. “It would not have been a prudent use of resources to have prosecuted them.”

Warnock was quoted as saying after the charges were dropped that it was “quite unfortunate that the overzealous actions of a few police officers resulted in our youth being subjected to this same ugly image.”

Warnock responded to the Loeffler campaign ads at a press conference Thursday that he had originally called to discuss expanding the Affordable Care Act.

“I was a youth pastor at a church 25 years ago, I had nothing to do with that program,” Warnock said of the camp. “The sad this is, they know it. But if you don’t really have an agenda for working families I guess you have to distract.”

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

If Andrew WK were a secret MKULTRA cultural programming experiment or whatever, the powers that be would have guaranteed his popularity well above “guest starred in Aqua Teen Hunger Force once”

My guess is a talented performance artist rocking some steroid abuse, which would explain his wild personality shifts, his drastically changing appearance, and his absolutely ripped bod

Second guess is he and his people orchestrated all the mystery and controversy, which was very very fashionable in the mid naughts and all his off-color lyrics are just him repackaging metal lyrics into hair rock

theflyingexecutive has issued a correction as of 08:11 on Nov 16, 2020

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

good rear end white boy sherm art

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

GWBBQ posted:

Just for fun, this weird video is how he announced he was moving to a new YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-ezYEoSeWI

the dude in this video is absolutely not the dude I saw perform live in Seattle in 2003.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

there is no way thats the man i saw hosting a childrens show about junkyard builds

multistability
Feb 15, 2014

gh0stpinballa posted:

wow that andrew WK article is incredible. what are some good philosophers who talk about identity, reality, simulation etc, i am a novice but that article makes me feel like i need to expand my philosophical understanding to really grapple w the syndikkkate.

You might wanna check out Baudrillard but you probably won't understand it unless you understand a bunch of inscrutable French "theory" first which would require an understanding of at least Hegel which would require an understanding of at least Kant which would require an understanding of at least Hume... etc. But maybe just try and read some Baudrillard for fun anyway

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
alternate andrew WK theory: the dude's been effectively having a 20 year long manic episode

my fiancee is bipolar and a lot of the wording and strange grammar and whatnot in WK's quotes sounded immediately familiar as "manic episode poo poo" from what i've experienced with her

it would extremely not surprise me if dude went into a manic episode in 2000ish and just never came out of it

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!

theflyingexecutive posted:

he and his people orchestrated all the mystery and controversy

otoh what if he died suddenly and tragically and his people didn't want to get a new job. recasting is just a normal hollyweird thing.

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
Wait, what language/words indicate mania?

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

I think what the past few people here have said makes the most sense and is the sensible explanation. Andrew WK, the person, worked with friends and colleagues to create Andrew WK, the character, and pretty quickly discovered that being a rock star is not just about partying and takes a big mental toll on you. In the video at the end of this post, he seems a bit out of it and while I'm not a doctor and can't diagnose anything, the way he's talking sounds like it could be speech patterns associated with various mental illnesses that cause disorganized thought disorders. If he has been using steroids for decades, that definitely wouldn't help.

Consider how Lady Gaga was also a mix of artistic expression and a manufactured character far different from Stefani Germanotta playing piano and singing in that video from before she became famous. She hit a level of stardom that I don't know if even she could have expected (although I think it's what she aspired to) and it took such a toll on her that she had a complete breakdown and stopped performing. I think there's a tangential similarity to the way child stars are put through years of abuse because the focus is on their typecast and they have no say in whether they're OK with the roles they're forced into. The whole conservatorship that has Britney Spears a prisoner in her own home is a glaring example, and while Paris Hilton wasn't a child star, the poo poo that her parents put her through to turn her into the person they wanted her to be took decades to even admit to with a long recovery ahead of her.

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

the dude in this video is absolutely not the dude I saw perform live in Seattle in 2003.

how about this one?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6pMNElW0rE

pecan
Nov 1, 2020

aren’t there pics of lady gaga looking totally normal next to her weird singer friend who eventually died after falling off a building, after which suddenly lady gaga took over her dead friends aesthetic and also maybe her boyfriend? am I crazy?

also the Andrew wk article is amazing and I’m willing to bet Andrew feels very validated that someone wrote it...unless he wrote it

pecan
Nov 1, 2020

ya check out Lina morgana and Lady gaga

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

pecan posted:

ya check out Lina morgana and Lady gaga

what the gently caress

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

GWBBQ posted:

Consider how Lady Gaga was also a mix of artistic expression and a manufactured character far different from Stefani Germanotta playing piano and singing in that video from before she became famous. She hit a level of stardom that I don't know if even she could have expected (although I think it's what she aspired to) and it took such a toll on her that she had a complete breakdown and stopped performing. I think there's a tangential similarity to the way child stars are put through years of abuse because the focus is on their typecast and they have no say in whether they're OK with the roles they're forced into.

Once a performer hits this level, notice how the music videos and live performances become filled with the most absolutely demonic poo poo- this happens to every artist who attains this level of fame. The use of Satanic or pagan imagery in music is supposed to be controversial, but ironically it's so commonplace that it no longer fazes anyone. So the point of using this imagery for decades can't really be for the purpose of controversy, since it isn't breaking new ground or saying anything new. Rather, the repetition and integration of it into the normal culture is to do just that. It's not to push people's buttons to generate sales and word of mouth, it's literally to make the very real devil worship that happens at the uppermost levels seem totally fine (think of the "art" in the Podesta house, or anything Marina Abramovic touches).

There was a blind item a while back (I've heard it other places as well) that David Geffen, Jimmy Iovine etc. gave (or perhaps got) the marching orders for what societal concepts popular music was to embrace in the 1990s-2000s, and essentially the music industry is being used to artificially foster and enforce a destructive, negative culture. It's interesting to see the ways that leaks out, but it's often so innocuous that unless you know what you're looking at you won't see it.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Here's the article on it I'm about to read: https://theoutline.com/post/1545/lady-gaga-lina-morgana-death-conspiracy?zd=1&zi=k2oss4xj I skimmed first and saw this quote attributed to Richard Evans: “Anyone versed in the satanic rituals of the music industry knows that super-stardom is reserved for those who take part in the murder of a lover, parent, sibling.” Which is more interesting to me out of context (I'm interested in the context) than the article but which I can't source. Anyone know Richard Evans? Where the quote is from?

Rimjob Rodeo
Apr 29, 2004

Suplex Liberace posted:

I second QAnon Anonymous, they do a good job at poking at the absurdities of the Q stuff without being too insulting to someone who might buy it.

pecan
Nov 1, 2020

sorry to step on my own toes after bringing up lady gaga potentially killing her friend to assume her identity, but i also have been meaning to post an excerpt from Operation Mind Control, which has been a really fun read with a lot of digging of documents so much earlier than you'd expect. Uniquely, the book also includes a lot of stories directly from soldiers who believe they may have been controlled at some point beyond the obvious, "mundane" ways that war authorities control all of their participants.

I wanted to post this specifically because people have highlighted (I think from CHAOS) the strange and abrupt transition from LSD to opiates the drug-using public experienced at large near the end of the 60s.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

pecan posted:

I wanted to post this specifically because people have highlighted (I think from CHAOS) the strange and abrupt transition from LSD to opiates the drug-using public experienced at large near the end of the 60s.

O'Neill wrote about an abrupt transition to speed which he localized to Height-Ashbury, not the culture writ large (to my recollection).

pecan
Nov 1, 2020

Perry Mason Jar posted:

O'Neill wrote about an abrupt transition to speed which he localized to Height-Ashbury, not the culture writ large (to my recollection).

oops i definitely confused it for this, the excerpt reads better alone without my incorrect historizing around it

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Here's the article on it I'm about to read: https://theoutline.com/post/1545/lady-gaga-lina-morgana-death-conspiracy?zd=1&zi=k2oss4xj I skimmed first and saw this quote attributed to Richard Evans: “Anyone versed in the satanic rituals of the music industry knows that super-stardom is reserved for those who take part in the murder of a lover, parent, sibling.” Which is more interesting to me out of context (I'm interested in the context) than the article but which I can't source. Anyone know Richard Evans? Where the quote is from?

Lol it's sourced in the selfsame article https://www.henrymakow.com/lina_morgana_leftby_richard_ev.html What I get for skimming

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Henry Makow is... not a good guy but like Rense had some good articles on his site (always written by other people, like this Richard Evans)

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
Read the article now and it sucks. I was thinking he would furnish some examples of that quoted claim which I could start poking into but he didn't, which is very stupid.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Perry Mason Jar posted:

Read the article now and it sucks. I was thinking he would furnish some examples of that quoted claim which I could start poking into but he didn't, which is very stupid.

I enjoyed the speculation about 2012 and Obama being the last president

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

So how do you seperate evidence from nutty Christian poo poo? I don't believe in the devil or the afterlife, but the rich rapists running the world evidently do.

I see how insane Qanon has gotten and how batshit the Satanic Panic was (No DnD or the kids will turn to the devil) and I'm wondering how you talk about the occult symbols without sounding insane.

pecan
Nov 1, 2020

I mean everything is a symbol, we just fall into mainstream trends of which ones get sufficiently criticized to realize they don't mean anything at their supposed foundations. Things like the quantum discovery that observing a phenomenon directly affects the phenomenon (observation as a active not passive process) has to be conveniently ignored to operate rationally in the bulk of hard sciences

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

You should look up MF Doom and the "Doombots."

Sending a lookalike to perform isn't new, but also people don't remember poo poo as well as they think. Any brainwashing is dependant on our natural blindspots