Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Empty Sandwich posted:

Ich spreche nicht Deutsch

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Ich spreche das, ein bisschen

"Can i have this pudding without skin?"

"THAT IS SO NOT WHAT I MEANT"

House Bolton is trying to liven up an old tradition.

By popular demand has a new favorite as of 22:05 on Nov 15, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Ich spreche das, ein bisschen

"Can i have this pudding without skin?"

"THAT IS SO NOT WHAT I MEANT"

danke shoen

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Ironically, the thing I remember most vividly from German class in high school is "Ich bin ein ausslander, ich spreche night viel Deutsch" (I'm a foreigner, I don't speak much german) sung to the tune of "she'll be coming 'round the mountain." But I was able to parse that comic from my memories, and the fact that the person's skin is missing in the last panel.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lets go Mets baby love da Mets

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Pete being a Mets fan is one of my favorite things. The guy never met a lost cause he couldn't latch on to.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Push El Burrito posted:

Pete being a Mets fan is one of my favorite things. The guy never met a lost cause he couldn't latch on to.
I'm sure he doesn't have a Confederate flag in his bedroom.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Everyone’s fixated on the Mets but I’m sparing some kind thoughts for this poor Spider-Man villain who is a walking talking wall. He’s a personification of the one thing Spider-Man notoriously has so much trouble dealing with. Walls. :crossarms:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

imagine a world where you're just hanging out and suddenly you get stupid super power because you were around an ikea desk or a jar of mayo.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Better than a radiator and a jar of pony.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

https://twitter.com/thejenkinscomic/status/1328029077131898883

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

This is a great object lesson in the power of show don't tell. I can think of a million ways to make this worse with more words that I'd expect a lot of lovely webcomics to do.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

I like that on Spiderman's day off he doesn't go around as normal Peter Parker, instead he gets dressed up in his costume anyway and goes to see the Mets, in character, as Spiderman.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

https://twitter.com/ooofwowza/status/1328057875713847296

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

vyelkin posted:

I like that on Spiderman's day off he doesn't go around as normal Peter Parker, instead he gets dressed up in his costume anyway and goes to see the Mets, in character, as Spiderman.

That's from "Spidey Super Stories" which were basically written super simply for little kids. So you would have stuff like Spider-Man just hanging out in costume in his free time.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

muscles like this! posted:

That's from "Spidey Super Stories" which were basically written super simply for little kids. So you would have stuff like Spider-Man just hanging out in costume in his free time.

And had electric company shorts

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWQAllj5e-bIy5VCBgDc7qUdovAEiDLDu

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Is that caption real? Please tell me it's real.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

muscles like this! posted:

I like to imagine Super Stories Spidey is canonically Newspaper Spider-Man, behaving very in character.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Is that caption real? Please tell me it's real.

Oh, it's real.

https://twitter.com/CopingMAGA/status/1328116822118379524

I think he's trying to be funny, but we know his track record on 'funny' in recent years.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I know I'm lmaoing right now!

Loomer
Dec 19, 2007

A Very Special Hell

3D Megadoodoo posted:

But is it essentially (if you can say that) the same otherwise?

Sure, if a soulless abomination is essentially the same as a beautiful horse running free across the plains. On a real note a proper boiled pudding is darker and richer and will also be moister if served cold than a steamed pudding, especially a storebought one. A homemade boiled Christmas pudding is basically a completely different animal to the little steamer tub ones from the shops because of the richer flavours and moisture, and complaints of dry or tasteless are usually people not realising you’re meant to either cook it again on the day or going steamed, which lacks the moisture retention of boiled, especially if stored improperly. A good boiled, rewrapped in its cloth or in plastic wrap, will stay moist and edible for three to four weeks after the initial serving session.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Milhousing real hard

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Rahonavis posted:

Everyone’s fixated on the Mets but I’m sparing some kind thoughts for this poor Spider-Man villain who is a walking talking wall. He’s a personification of the one thing Spider-Man notoriously has so much trouble dealing with. Walls. Unexpected bricks

FAPPO

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Wolfechu posted:

Oh, it's real.

https://twitter.com/CopingMAGA/status/1328116822118379524

I think he's trying to be funny, but we know his track record on 'funny' in recent years.

His thing for a long time now has been to say dumb poo poo and if you agree with it he's an amazing visionary and if you disagree with it you're too stupid to detect that it was just a joke

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Loomer posted:

Sure, if a soulless abomination is essentially the same as a beautiful horse running free across the plains. On a real note a proper boiled pudding is darker and richer and will also be moister if served cold than a steamed pudding, especially a storebought one. A homemade boiled Christmas pudding is basically a completely different animal to the little steamer tub ones from the shops because of the richer flavours and moisture, and complaints of dry or tasteless are usually people not realising you’re meant to either cook it again on the day or going steamed, which lacks the moisture retention of boiled, especially if stored improperly. A good boiled, rewrapped in its cloth or in plastic wrap, will stay moist and edible for three to four weeks after the initial serving session.

OK. I meant, like, the ingredients.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

OK. I meant, like, the ingredients.

Preparation of food matters a whole lot.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

*eats separate bowls full of flour, salt, yeast, and eggs* Just as good as bread, absolutely no difference whatsoever

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Rare steak and jerky are basically the same thing

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
They should stop inviting that frog over.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

quit gettin' mad at bad webcomics

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
honestly i kinda get the vibe KC Green just likes to draw, and makes comics primarily as a delivery medium for whatever weird image he has in his head at a given moment

like with that comic you just know he drew that last panel of cool frog looking disdainful first, and then went "...ok how the hell do i build up to this" and threw some poo poo together

Lyrai
Jan 18, 2012

https://twitter.com/ShadowPowerup/status/1328374568336183301

I am in AWE.

Lyrai has a new favorite as of 20:47 on Nov 16, 2020

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

magnificent

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!
:asoiaf:

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

aw FCUK

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I feel like I am missing something here. It's not even four panels. Does each row count as one panel? Is there some structure in the speech bubbles?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

cant cook creole bream posted:

I feel like I am missing something here. It's not even four panels. Does each row count as one panel? Is there some structure in the speech bubbles?

I believe you're looking for this:

Using edits from the comics leading in, including the one directly previous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Captain Hygiene posted:

*eats separate bowls full of flour, salt, yeast, and eggs* Just as good as bread, absolutely no difference whatsoever

Eggs are generally not a bread ingredient unless you're making, like, challah.