Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TL posted:

Doubt it would happen, but I think John Hodgman could do a really good job.

Hodgman was my pick to chair an American QI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Sir Lemming posted:

I'm on the LeVar train all the way.

:same: LeVar has the advantage of having a long and distinguished career. Jeopardy is going to be overwhelming for anyone but it would be a little less of a giant step for him.

Konstantin
Jun 20, 2005
And the Lord said, "Look, they are one people, and they have all one language; and this is only the beginning of what they will do; nothing that they propose to do will now be impossible for them.
While I'm sure he's doing more important things, Barack Obama would be perfect. He can take on a professorial tone without sounding elitist or condescending, he's incredibly intelligent, and he has charisma.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Leader of the free world to gameshow host is not a step anyone is taking.

the reverse on the other hand.....

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

banned from Starbucks posted:

Leader of the free world to gameshow host is not a step anyone is taking.

the reverse on the other hand.....

Hmmmm. You know I just thought of someone who has a lot of game show experience and will be free right around the beginning of next year

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

abelwingnut posted:

you know who's smart, good at interviews, and has a similar temperament to alex's? david duchovny. i think he'd be really drat good at it, the more i think about it.

if only he did it as jeff goldblum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVpt3erH7ms

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I have a bold proposition, and hear me out, but I think the new host should be me

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Rick Moranis.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
Michael McKean would be a stupid easy pick if he wasn't already 73 years old. I'd still like to see him guest host for part of this season or whatever

e: Jonathan Corbblah would be my dark horse

Vulture Culture fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Nov 15, 2020

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Have everyone on the list host for a week and then have fans vote in their favorite.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Its Arthur Chu and after every contestants interview question he says "yeah whatever I had sex with my wife"

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

One thing I think people forget is that Ken Jennings is a devoted family man and I don't think he wants to spend multiple days per week commuting between Seattle and Los Angeles.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Timby posted:

One thing I think people forget is that Ken Jennings is a devoted family man and I don't think he wants to spend multiple days per week commuting between Seattle and Los Angeles.

Too bad. Jeopardy is filmed at the Pike Place Fish Market now

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

banned from Starbucks posted:

Its Arthur Chu and after every contestants interview question he says "yeah whatever I had sex with my wife"

The documentary was so satisfying to watch in a horrible way.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

Konstantin posted:

While I'm sure he's doing more important things, Barack Obama would be perfect. He can take on a professorial tone without sounding elitist or condescending, he's incredibly intelligent, and he has charisma.

I have to agree. He has the right blend of authoritative, intelligence and cadence in his voice that fits the show like a glove. It got him to the White House after all.

He'd never do it even if you gave him Alex's salary and tripled it but that's the voice they should be aiming for. It's why I don't think Ken is a good fit at being the host as it is.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004

Timby posted:

What's the filming schedule? Two days every two weeks for 23 weeks out of the year? That sacrifice could buy his kids a lot of ponies!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
why commute? let him work from home, there's no reason for the jeopardy host to be in a studio when a zoom call works just as well.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

MorgaineDax posted:

What's the filming schedule? Two days every two weeks for 23 weeks out of the year? That sacrifice could buy his kids a lot of ponies!

I feel like that is plenty reasonable any other year but we'd have to replace him pretty quickly if he was flying every 2 weeks with COVID-19 around.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

Timby posted:

He's already doing that for Masterminds.

Besides, it's filming on Tuesdays and Wednesdays for like 20 weeks a year, it's not like it's a full time job.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Konstantin posted:

Obama would be great, but he would def rely on Drones to handle any topics in regards to the Middle East.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

obama does a great job of reading the first part of each question but gives up 1/4 of the way through

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

i say swears online posted:

obama does a great job of reading the first part of each question but gives up 1/4 of the way through

I don't think they change the judges after the first commercial break who then refuse to let him read the remaining questions in favor of new questions bashing him mercilessly.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
when one of the judges dies, the producers insist they can't replace them because he's too close to the end of his contract

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well

Groovelord Neato posted:

The documentary was so satisfying to watch in a horrible way.

Wait, what documentary?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

frogbs posted:

Wait, what documentary?

Who Is Arthur Chu?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Groovelord Neato posted:

Who Is Arthur Chu?

I guess he's someone who brags about being a sexhaver :shrug:

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Obama also can't get halfway through a sentence without going "uhhhhhhhhhh" and then pausing for like three seconds; we'd never clear half a board with him as the host.

I mean, don't get me wrong, dude has charisma in spades, but he is not what you would call a fast speaker.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

HookShot posted:

Obama also can't get halfway through a sentence without going "uhhhhhhhhhh" and then pausing for like three seconds; we'd never clear half a board with him as the host.

I mean, don't get me wrong, dude has charisma in spades, but he is not what you would call a fast speaker.

Yeah, his rhetorical style is great for speeches but not so much for game shows.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poque posted:

I want somebody who's capable at pronunciations and hosting to start, but isn't super known for being smart, so in 20 years after hosting 300 episodes a year they get noticeably smarter.

Like give me Paul Rudd crazy smart at age 70

I stand by my Rudd Views from last year (he is the only acceptable celeb)

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Jeopardy is continuing with auditions, so presumably not canceled.

I'm all in for team Ken

MisterZimbu
Mar 13, 2006

Poque posted:

I stand by my Rudd Views from last year (he is the only acceptable celeb)

Only if all video clues are that one clip from Mac and Me.

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One

MisterZimbu posted:

Someone has the continue the tradition after Conan's retirement next year, why not Jeopardy!?

MorrisBae
Jan 18, 2020

by Athanatos
I just watched the Fresh Prince reunion and...Janet Hubert

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

MisterZimbu posted:

That would be so perfect for a celebrity jeopardy prank if Conan was on. Holy poo poo this needs to happen now.

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
"What is Will Hunting?"

"Good!"

RIP Alex :(:(:(

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Obama would do great until there was an ethnically Pakistani child on the Teen Tournament, at which point his natural bloodlust would take over.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mantis42 posted:

Obama would do great until there was an ethnically Pakistani child on the Teen Tournament, at which point his natural bloodlust would take over.

"And the first question in 'famous locations' is for Amir, where's the nearest hospital in your family's home city?"

WarEternal posted:

"What is Will Hunting?"

"Good!"

RIP Alex :(:(:(

That and the fact it was the pancreatic cancer awareness day episode kinda had me a lil emotional this ep not gonna lie

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Haha I got yesterday's Final Jeopardy right because way back in seventh grade English, we had to interview each other for an assignment and I interviewed a kid named Phillip.

The teacher said my couple of paragraphs were too dry or something, so I rewrote it like I'd read in the Tracer Bullet strips from Calvin & Hobbes.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
The current champion looks like some actor but I cannot for the life of me think of who it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

packetmantis posted:

The current champion looks like some actor but I cannot for the life of me think of who it is.
Young Ed O'Neill