Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

That...sucked.

Who the gently caress is Gary?!

Thinking about Doc telling the Order of the Triad to get out of his kitchen always cracks me up, VB has some great episode endings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

tofes posted:

Thinking about Doc telling the Order of the Triad to get out of his kitchen always cracks me up, VB has some great episode endings

I found this video while trying to find that clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kXiVSYmC0g&t=159s

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Yeah, I was going to say, that looks weirdly like a photograph. Also, what's the stuff that comes out a portal from Gravity Falls?

I know a coffee cup and one of the GF journals were part of it.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Brock's 'Yeah, they just do that sometimes'....is also a good stinger too.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

An episode ends when it's supposed to end there is no 5 minute wrap up / summary unless that's the joke. Like the testicular torsion episode. If they get an HBO MAX season or two I hope they do a PSA about something else at the end, maybe mask safety only related to M.A.S.K.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Or more Henchmen Blunder stuff with Doctor Z.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

SeanBeansShako posted:

Or more Henchmen Blunder stuff with Doctor Z.

Great bit. A follow up one might be fun be background on a TV with the footage uninterrupted released as an extra on youtube or something.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
The best abrupt ending is Home is Where The Hate Is where everything is building up to Doc blowing up in the hot tub but then he just farts

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Goliath Serum also turns out to be a wet fart

tofes
Mar 31, 2011

#1 Milpitas Dave and Buster's superfan since 2013

Mr. Nice! posted:

I found this video while trying to find that clip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kXiVSYmC0g&t=159s

Probably my favorite joke in the whole series is when Orpheus tells the Triad to be unseen

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

pixaal posted:

Naaaah, I like to think that it was a big deal and they actually cured it. The only one who said that their cure was ranch dressing, or that the serum couldn't affect people (even though it was clearly affecting Hank) was Professor Impossible, who at that moment was having his ego checked pretty hard--something that rarely happened to him. He'd basically been cuckolded, at least in his mind, and now here's one of his old inventions, apparently doing something he thought it wouldn't be able to do, and not in a good way. At best, his dialog is unreliable given the context.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

tofes posted:

Probably my favorite joke in the whole series is when Orpheus tells the Triad to be unseen

are... are we invisible now or something?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

tarlibone posted:

Naaaah, I like to think that it was a big deal and they actually cured it. The only one who said that their cure was ranch dressing, or that the serum couldn't affect people (even though it was clearly affecting Hank) was Professor Impossible, who at that moment was having his ego checked pretty hard--something that rarely happened to him. He'd basically been cuckolded, at least in his mind, and now here's one of his old inventions, apparently doing something he thought it wouldn't be able to do, and not in a good way. At best, his dialog is unreliable given the context.

Also, if they had injected Hank with ranch dressing he would have died.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I often think of the blunderer video, specifically when it pans away from the TV at the end and you see Dr Z pull a gun on the floating cartoon and scream "YOU HAVE BLUNDERED FOR ZE LAST TIME!" and it just warms my heart.

pixaal posted:

...how did I not get thisssss

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"learn to recognize the tell-tale warning signs of a Blunderer!"

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
"I made tender but purely accidental love to the Blue Morpho!"

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

AlternateNu posted:

"I made tender but purely accidental love to the Blue Morpho!"
so what was the deal with this, was it really just a super duper costume?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
No, he was just that good a spy.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

tarlibone posted:

Agreed it's funnier that way

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Lets be honest, Dr Z is gold every time he shows.

Man just loves his job.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

drrockso20 posted:

Agreed it's funnier that way

Plus, ranch dressing is not the color of what they came up with (not to mention I don't think you would be in very good shape if you were injected with ranch.)

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I mean Rusty may of been a sassmouth and gigglepuss but he did maintain an efficient cloning program and cheat god at it's own game for Venturestein.

Also, I really do suspect Impossible was a really lovely teacher too.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Billy and White are no slouches either with super science.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

SeanBeansShako posted:

Lets be honest, Dr Z is gold every time he shows.

Man just loves his job.

Alright, I'll be your huckleberry

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

BAH! When Dr. Z harasses you, you'll know it!

A giant metal crab will tear the roof of your trailer!

No less than six suicide assassins would spring from its belly! I would never stoop to striking at you through some civilian proxy. And certainly would not do it with a made up snake!

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

The blunderer even shows up again in the Ventronic/Vendata background story told be Z.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
Did he also use bungle/bungler at some point?

So he could be responsible for the death of Mr. Bungle, and that suggests that Dr. Venture is responsible for their triumphant return.

"Gosh, mister. Your henchmen are terrible at their job."

"I know, right? They're bunglers. (shouts back at them)AND THEY WILL BE EXECUTED! (back to Johnny))Hard line. One bungle, you're out. Zero bungle tolerance."

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

SeanBeansShako posted:

I mean Rusty may of been a sassmouth and gigglepuss but he did maintain an efficient cloning program and cheat god at it's own game for Venturestein.

Also, I really do suspect Impossible was a really lovely teacher too.

I like the implication that Rusty is genuinely good at super-science, but only in stereotypically evil and usually illegal fields, especially given the Ooo-ray. (and see what happened when he actually got the teleporter working)

And ya think? People like him are almost as lovely as teachers as they are parents.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Professor Impossible capturing the energy off that eternally burning in agony fellow (brother? friend? I forget the relation) is the most evil thing in the series.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Whatever happened to the Revenge Society, anyway? Fat Chance should have been a shoe-in for appearing in New York somewhere, maybe back to being a low level guild villain.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Pretty much dissolved I imagine since of the confirmed surviving members, Phantom Limb seems entirely mollified by a Council seat, Professor Impossible seems to have somewhat reconciled to the point of co-parenting if not getting back together with his ex-wife, while Zero is confirmed dead and the others are MIA.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Pretty much dissolved I imagine since of the confirmed surviving members, Phantom Limb seems entirely mollified by a Council seat, Professor Impossible seems to have somewhat reconciled to the point of co-parenting if not getting back together with his ex-wife, while Zero is confirmed dead and the others are MIA.

Radical Left is a councilmember as well, now.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I just want closure on Ünderbheit. He immediately hit rock bottom after being ousted, didn't even go into low level villainy until he met Phantom Limb again.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Sankara posted:

Professor Impossible capturing the energy off that eternally burning in agony fellow (brother? friend? I forget the relation) is the most evil thing in the series.

Cody is Sally's brother she'd divorce Richard if she found out.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I just want closure on Ünderbheit. He immediately hit rock bottom after being ousted, didn't even go into low level villainy until he met Phantom Limb again.

I mean not the biggest fan of the man and concept but he's been with us since the start, so would be cool to see him one last time settled doing something else.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

I like Ünderland mostly because everyone there seems to love puns. The setting itself I could pass on.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Book is great.

Sad they could never do Brock's weird brother thing.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Ghost Leviathan posted:

while Zero is confirmed dead and the others are MIA.

I really hope if somehow a miracle happens and VB comes back that zero pops up again and his whole thing is just surviving situations where he’s confirmed killed.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

The nerd in me likes that concept, especially since they dropped Dermott pushing Brocks buttons we need something to shake the big man every now and then.

I just hope something comes from this HBO thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I actually hope that they go with a spinoff if something does indeed come of it. As much as I adore the show, the Rusty/Malcolm connection is the only thing I feel is particularly outstanding, and even then it feels like we have 90% of it. I feel like I've gotten a lot of closure in the past couple of seasons on all of the characters settling into finding their own version of happiness.

I'd be most game for a Triad spinoff show, in such a case. A series of Rusty Venture Show specials could be a ton of fun, too, but I doubt they want to go back to their Quest roots at this point. But I'm sure whatever Doc and Jackson can cook up I'll be into, even if it's a straight continuation.