Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

ive had weed butter in a milkshake and it was delicious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I got a grinder, just a cheap 4-piece off amazon for about $12 and it's great. I'm glad I didn't put down $100. Grinding seems to let weed go a long way (like it turns a smallish nug into a lot of ground weed), and since I'm not using my hands, my hands don't get sticky which I assume was also taking something away from the weed. The grinder came with a little plastic scoop too so I can use that to put it in the vape.

Also back to reporting on weed+hunger: I got 'african queen' and 'mint cookies eclipse' (mint cookies is supposed to suppress hunger) and on the mint cookies, it's great. I'm losing weight easily, etc. With the african queen I do still get super hungry. So yeah it really does depend on the strain of the weed! I'm glad I can buy strains legally instead of having to just get whatever the dealer has. In the month after switching from edibles to vaping I went down about 4 lbs and in the 2 weeks since I got mint cookies eclipse I went down another 4, that strain has improved my life a lot! I suppose if I ever want to smoke before bed I can use the african queen, and the mint cookies are great for the first smoke of the evening.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
African landrace strains are naturally high in THCV, which is an appetite suppressant :science:

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

KingShiro posted:

African landrace strains are naturally high in THCV, which is an appetite suppressant :science:

Yeah but you hav to vape it at like 475 degrees Fahrenheit.

That’s not gonna stop me, but I’ll whatevs

Epitope
Nov 27, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Made another batch of tincture, still working on my method. First impressions, taste is mediocre but hitting quick and feelin nicee. Weed!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i prefer to suppress my appetite with an entire bag of potato chips

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Yeah but you hav to vape it at like 475 degrees Fahrenheit.

I just googled and it seems to be 428 for thcv. Huh... so I need to put my fury edge to max temp I suppose, that's 430.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
It is the most unsurprising statement ever, but going from "whatever stuff a guy I know can source from out of state" to "stuff bought in a dispensary with chemical percentages and strain info available" is like night and day.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

rotinaj posted:

It is the most unsurprising statement ever, but going from "whatever stuff a guy I know can source from out of state" to "stuff bought in a dispensary with chemical percentages and strain info available" is like night and day.

What strains have you gotten to try so far?

I'm gonna make a dispensary run this week, almost out of cartridges. I bought four, then my mom and sis asked for one. What else should I buy at The Medical Marihuana Store, friends?

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

Is there a good place to get information on fake pee? I have to get drug tested soon, maybe sooner than I would be clean. It's for the VA, if that matters.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Is this for a job with the VA or for medical reasons?

Because the VA doesn't give a gently caress about weed for medical reasons. If this is a making GBS threads your pants over your benefits moment, relax, they stopped caring about weed in patient piss about 15 years ago.

If it's for a job and you can't find fake piss locally in a smoke shop, it might be illegal in your state.

If you can't score fake piss, you might be able to slide by ensuring you're below detection threshold, but I don't know what that threshold is. In the military, it was 50ng/mcl for initial detection, 15ng/mcl confirmation. In those days, you could just drink water, take some creatine monohydrate powder and a B vitamin complex a few hours before the test and pass. VA might use lower thresholds and last time I care about those numbers was 14 years ago, so the masking approach may well be worthless now.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Nov 16, 2020

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
so my ritual of smoking, listening to tunes and playing online poker at night has turned from 2-3x a week to like, almost every day, thanks to the pandemic. is this a good idea or a great idea?

if I smoke roughly the same amount once a day will I still need to take T-breaks? i haven't felt like my tolerance is necessarily going up but I definitely have a sense of "I'm getting more functional while I'm high" which maybe means I'm getting less high?

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You'll still build a tolerance, yes. Increasing frequency of use from 2-3 days a week to every day will increase your tolerance. Though it will be slower than wake&bake all day smokers like me.

Maybe switch up your method. Like if you roll joints, switch to a bong or a one hitter.

Whether or not you take a tolerance break is up to you and your high. I've never minded smoking a little more. But I live in a legal state and restocking is easy.

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
It helps to rotate strains a bit too. I grow for morning and evening and the switch hits pretty good even though I am messed up all day on my off days

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
yeah I've got 2 different strains + a couple of carts and eat some ABV every now and then. maybe that's why my tolerance still seems pretty much the same

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
I cut my gas with CBD from the store. It makes the real poo poo last longer and still gets me hosed up. My friends don't like it so much but gently caress em haha.
Have you guys tried the Ooze battery and carts? Shits great

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I thought I lost a quarter ounce, turns out I've just got a box too big for all my weed poo poo and it fell into another bag I have inside my box that I haven't opened in weeks. Pleasant surprise.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

JAMOOOL posted:

so my ritual of smoking, listening to tunes and playing online poker at night has turned from 2-3x a week to like, almost every day, thanks to the pandemic. is this a good idea or a great idea?

if I smoke roughly the same amount once a day will I still need to take T-breaks? i haven't felt like my tolerance is necessarily going up but I definitely have a sense of "I'm getting more functional while I'm high" which maybe means I'm getting less high?

You’re living dangerously. You need to smoke and gamble way more, also you should start drinking wine and habitually masturbating.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
My dispensary just started selling 1/2 oz bags of machine trim for 30 bucks less than the bulk purchase for hand trim.

I turned that 30 bucks into gummy worms that make me high.

Jailbrekr
Apr 8, 2002
A TOWN LEVELED BY AN EXPLOSION? DOZENS LIKELY KILLED? OH GOD LET ME SEE THAT SWEET VIDEO OH MY GOD I'M CUMMING
:fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap::fap:

rotinaj posted:

It use to be hit or miss as some strains react negatively with my GERD, so now that I can source strains that won't make it feel like my stomach sphincter is puckering and moving all over hells half acre in there. Just in time for the pandemic.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
You get a lot more crows feet with leaf snippets with machine trimmed weed. It's cheaper than paying a bunch of people to hand trim though. Place I worked used Twisters, and one person can easily process 10+ pounds a day of weed. Compared to my last job, which is hand trimming, the weed looked like loving garbage. But how it looks doesn't effect its' potency much besides abusing and vacuuming off kief.

Those vacuums for Twisters accumulate a bunch of hash though.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
ah weird a vacuum? i was wondering what was used to remove the outer layer of kief from a lot of the weed you see

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Twisters are tumbler style, the vacuum is used to pull leaf into the blades, then it pulls the leafy trim through the fan and blows it into a bag. Little buds often just get straight eaten by tumbler vac trimmers.

I used T2s. But Centurion makes a similar design, and most of Twisters line are dependant on you buying a vacuum unit too.

Here's a video of a T2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lq4pL9Z5b-0

Also, those are better to use when the weed is wet from harvest yet. Tumbling dry buds means having smaller buds at the end, better to trim wet if you use a machine.

Day late edit: I love Colorado

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Nov 17, 2020

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

My FrankenVapeBong in its current form is working great.

It takes about a lungful of air to draw the vapour from the dynavap through the system, which means I can run the vape hot and then take my time and titrate, puffing away like a joint using the whip.

So I guess it's a bit like dabbing, but for wimps.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Nov 17, 2020

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG
I dream about having a rig like that, too bad my wife is totally against having any paraphernalia so we just use a normal portable vape.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

bagmonkey posted:

What strains have you gotten to try so far?

I'm gonna make a dispensary run this week, almost out of cartridges. I bought four, then my mom and sis asked for one. What else should I buy at The Medical Marihuana Store, friends?

Ghost Train Haze/Ghost Trainwreck and Acid Dough on my first run. GHT was waaaaayyy too much for me and I only managed to keep from spending a week floating in space by mixing in a bunch of lovely stuff I haven't touched in a while because it does nothing for me. Acid Dough was pretty nice.

Second time I went, I got Jilly Bean and Proxima, which is a small-batch variety from Bountiful Farms. Jilly Bean has made me get my rear end out of my chair and go do responsible things like buy a bunch of mousetraps to deal with a rodent problem, wash dishes, and generally accomplish tasks. Proxima hits me pretty dang hard, but not in an unpleasant way. I've been getting 1/8th each time, which is right about the amount I like to spend here. I just wish the limit were a little bit higher so I could snag some edibles or something.

For full disclosure, since it's legal as hell, I've been visiting Theory Wellness in Massachusetts. Really nice place. I'd love to work in a dispensary, but honestly, I love weed culture unironically. I would love to get to do the greenhouse work and use my ecology degree.

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

JAMOOOL posted:

It's only a good idea as long as you're winning. That said I lived with a guy in college who was maybe enrolled in school but seemed really focused on getting high and playing online poker, and he was cool

The Velvet Witch
Jul 24, 2017

"I don't have a "make better posts" spell, you're on your own."
I've also ramped up my weed consumption because of the pandemic. I used to take 5-10g like twice to three times a week and now I smoke a bowl like, once every single day. I just think "well I'm not doing anything tomorrow anyway so why not".

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I don't even remember what my pre-COVID habits were. I definitely make more butter now that I ever have though.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I haven't combusted weed since January, and I've switched to mostly edibles for my everyday weed baseline, both to give my lungs a break during the pandemic and so that there's no confusion if I wake up with a weird cough

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I will die with emphysema/copd. Probably. Mostly because of the cigarettes, but also because of the weeds.

Now, onto the first joint of the day...

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

YeahTubaMike posted:

I don't even remember what my pre-COVID habits were. I definitely make more butter now that I ever have though.

Is there an easier way to make butter than to cook the weed in it for three hours?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

rotinaj posted:

Is there an easier way to make butter than to cook the weed in it for three hours?

I don't know.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
You could decarb, separate the thc, melt the butter slightly and mix it together? Does cooking it again with butter do something?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Hardawn posted:

You could decarb, separate the thc, melt the butter slightly and mix it together? Does cooking it again with butter do something?

Huh? Aside from specifically separating the THC somehow, that's exactly how you make butter. At least, that's the only way I've ever known how to make butter.

edit: also putting water in there to prevent the butter from getting scorched

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
a lb. of butter and an oz of some schwag weed, simmered on the lowest, barest possible simmer for about 45 minutes is how I always made my butter. If there's a better way without buying all sorts of new gadgets I'm all ears.

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

Vivian Darkbloom posted:

It's only a good idea as long as you're winning. That said I lived with a guy in college who was maybe enrolled in school but seemed really focused on getting high and playing online poker, and he was cool

yeah it was me what's goin on bro

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Zipperelli. posted:

a lb. of butter and an oz of some schwag weed, simmered on the lowest, barest possible simmer for about 45 minutes is how I always made my butter. If there's a better way without buying all sorts of new gadgets I'm all ears.

One gram shatter/wax
Small oven safe glass bowl
Coconut oil
Oven

Throw the hash in the bowl, cover it with coconut oil, bake at 250⁰ for 27-30 minutes or so, longer if you want it to make you sleepy, dilute it to the desired strength with the rest of the bottle of coconut oil, add it to whatever you're cooking. I mean it's not butter, but it's an easier way to do what butter does.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Zipperelli. posted:

45 minutes? I've never let it simmer for less than two hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

YeahTubaMike posted:

45 minutes? I've never let it simmer for less than two hours.

*shrug* 45 minutes has never failed me