Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

u_s_eh
Feb 19, 2005

I AM ALL I AM NONE

CPL593H posted:

Has anyone gotten a shipping notification from uDiscover yet?

Ordered 11/4, no shipping notification, 0/3 received

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Nothing here. I emailed them about it and just got an auto reply.

rockinricky
Mar 27, 2003
My first shipment for the Metallica Vinyl Club FINALLY arrived.

Anybody else get in on this?

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Sup fkrs

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

I like the poster of your setup right above your setup.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
Do you have to move the plants every time you want to close the curtain

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Record voyeurism

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

rockinricky posted:

My first shipment for the Metallica Vinyl Club FINALLY arrived.

Anybody else get in on this?

I did, theoretically, but I won't believe it until it's in my hands. What a shitshow.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

The setup is slightly different. The poster has techs battle style, but I've got reloops set up normal. And the curtains never close. The neighbors see everything.

I've been collecting for about 5 years now mostly for djing purposes. Lots of dubstep, reggae, techno, breakbeat, and grime music

IG-88
Apr 21, 2019

What are some good sales going on now? I've got a friend who just ordered her first record player and she's looking for stuff to spin. (udiscover is done right?)

u_s_eh
Feb 19, 2005

I AM ALL I AM NONE

IG-88 posted:

What are some good sales going on now? I've got a friend who just ordered her first record player and she's looking for stuff to spin. (udiscover is done right?)

I would wait for black friday or until the next amazon 3 for 2 happens. They seem to happen a lot and have different selections each time

she could also check https://www.reddit.com/r/VinylDeals/ periodically

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Any recommendations for a good receiver that isn't stupidly expensive? I'm currently using some Goodwill-quality Technics receiver that dates back to the mid to late 1990s and while it's... OK, I feel like it's a bit wasted on my AT-LP120, especially whenever I rip audio.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Ballz posted:

Any recommendations for a good receiver that isn't stupidly expensive? I'm currently using some Goodwill-quality Technics receiver that dates back to the mid to late 1990s and while it's... OK, I feel like it's a bit wasted on my AT-LP120, especially whenever I rip audio.

Check up on what you have because Technics is a good brand and you might have something nicer than you think. And really if you like how it already sounds then don't worry about it.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
I dont know if this has been posted yet. Walmart has everything for $15 in store.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

CPL593H posted:

Check up on what you have because Technics is a good brand and you might have something nicer than you think. And really if you like how it already sounds then don't worry about it.

It's a Technics SA-GX490. I don't use it for anything other than my turntable and it belches out a lot of heat so it seems a bit overkill.

I might move it downstairs for a second turntable setup so while I could go the thrift store route again, I wanted to see if there was something more... modern and specialized that still doesn't break the bank.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Ballz posted:

It's a Technics SA-GX490. I don't use it for anything other than my turntable and it belches out a lot of heat so it seems a bit overkill.

I might move it downstairs for a second turntable setup so while I could go the thrift store route again, I wanted to see if there was something more... modern and specialized that still doesn't break the bank.

Are there modern features you want? If it just needs stereo and a phono stage, I would think that receiver would be fine.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

cosmicjim posted:

I dont know if this has been posted yet. Walmart has everything for $15 in store.

Worth it for 50% off the Pink Floyd remasters.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Boinks posted:

Is it in store only? I’m not seeing it on site

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Trevor Hale posted:

Is it in store only? I’m not seeing it on site

Its every record in store but only select records online.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

Boinks posted:

Do they have those mono ones?

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

Asnorban posted:

My local store opened up for appointments today. The owner had been backdoor handing me records since March and I'd been buying gift cards to offset the cost, but went in to finalize those transactions and get them off the books. I was trying to keep my spending down today, but I should have known as soon as I saw a YMO record on the wall that that wasn't going to happen.

I was never able to find that first YMO record in the shops although it's relatively common. you can get them secondhand online for fairly cheap. surprisingly I did find BGM once for 3 bucks and it was in great condition. never knew that one was actually released in America

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text
I'll throw in an update on my UDISCOVER orders. I put in for four albums (all separate transactions), and I was able to get all of them with the $10 off code. I placed one on the first day, and three on the following day. I have received one of them, and it was one I placed on the following day. Everything has been charged though. Hoping I see the others soon. I'm sure I will, delivery is slow and they probably got slammed that week. Oh well.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
My $5 Carly Rae Jepsen from uDiscover came in last Thursday, great deal.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

still waiting on my uDiscover (not even a shipment notification) but I did just get this in the mail after forgetting I ordered it

My wife looked at it disapprovingly but I love Carpenter and his weird soundtracks.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

still waiting on my uDiscover (not even a shipment notification) but I did just get this in the mail after forgetting I ordered it

My wife looked at it disapprovingly but I love Carpenter and his weird soundtracks.

This is fantastic.

I love the back cover and the inside stuff:

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
just bought an a secondhand copy of Sports by Huey Lewis and the News that was in absolutely pristine condition. dare I say boys, this one may be a hot stamper. came with the highest price tag I've ever seen for this album: $2.99, plus tax

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Carptenter OST's are always worth, I ordered his Lost Themes 3 the other day.

Turbinosamente
May 29, 2013

Lights on, Lights off
Chiming in that I also have not received my uDiscover orders. Two orders: 3 items at 30% and one item at $10 off both placed Nov 2nd no shipping notifications as of yet. Stuff that did arrive in the mail however:

My continuing terrible taste in metal bands and hey I finally own a legit copy of Alive 2007 after like 13 years. Also a copy of Mystic Presents Instrumental Magic 2xCD set arrived and with it about 99% of my Christmas shopping is done, this year's scaled back for obvious reasons.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
I got my udiscover order of two records on Saturday morning, no issues. One of my bandcamp records was supposed to arrive today (along with a few other things I ordered) but they couldn't figure out how to get into my building today. Wonderful.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
My second of two orders arrived today

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
The alive 07 lp rules but leaves off the bonus track with Stardust mixed in which is frankly loving criminal.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I'm in the same boat with UDiscover, my initial order message said it would be shipping Nov. 8th but I've heard nothing since then, no shipping confirmation. Fortunately it's just two Queens of the Stone Age albums (Rated R and Lullabies to Paralyze) that I've already listened to tons of times but just hadn't picked up on vinyl yet. As long as they get here SOMEtime I don't mind the delay much, especially since I was able to snag both for just over $30.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

Nikaer Drekin posted:

I'm in the same boat with UDiscover, my initial order message said it would be shipping Nov. 8th but I've heard nothing since then, no shipping confirmation. Fortunately it's just two Queens of the Stone Age albums (Rated R and Lullabies to Paralyze) that I've already listened to tons of times but just hadn't picked up on vinyl yet. As long as they get here SOMEtime I don't mind the delay much, especially since I was able to snag both for just over $30.

A day after I emailed them about my order I got the shipping notice. Might be worth a try.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Two more of my orders have started moving. I think they are just crazy backed up and working through piles of stuff and just shipping as they find it. 3 out of 4 have movement so far. 1 arrived, 2 shipped, 1 still nothing.

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Any love for the RSD black friday? The Sharon jones comp looks sweet as does pink exclusive Kids See Ghosts.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

incoherent posted:

Any love for the RSD black friday? The Sharon jones comp looks sweet as does pink exclusive Kids See Ghosts.

I need to look through the list. havent bothered yet. when is it?

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

incoherent posted:

I am going to try and get the Milla release. It's a good album and the first ever on vinyl.

marjorie
May 4, 2014

incoherent posted:

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Really excited that the only good Red Hot Chili Peppers song is finally getting a physical release for RSD Black Friday.

phosdex posted:

I am going to try and get the Milla release. It's a good album and the first ever on vinyl.
This dude knows what's up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

Really excited that the only good Red Hot Chili Peppers song is finally getting a physical release for RSD Black Friday.

What the gently caress?