Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What system are you buying this shitheap on
PC
Playstation 4/5
whatever XBox is calling their poo poo now
WiiU
View Results

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

563 kills with the Pelington and it's still lv43/55

It certainly is different if you have to use a gun this much to use all the attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I can't get enough of the VIP gamemode. I wish they had brought this back in CS but they just never made it happen

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Oh I have yet to try that one. Combined Arms is annoying right now, no one is really playing the objective. Weird to see a do-or-die flag in overtime getting capped by only 1-2 people.

The large maps are fun though, lots more to think about than 3 lanes. Having a lot more fun in core atm. Hopefully will be able to assemble a team for Dirty Bomb one day, to play it like it's meant to be played? It's team-based enough that dropping with pubbies makes the whole thing feel a bit rudderless.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Pivo if your on PSN i have a dirty bomb stack and we do real well. Its my fav game mode.. Drop your psn or pm me and I'll add you.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

PC, thanks though!

A lot of PC folk are in the Marvelous Pro Elite Gamers goon Discord: https://discord.gg/kV2HaFf

But 99% of the time people are there to play Warzone. It'd be nice to get some people who are down for Core in that Discord though!

edit: That being said, my Activision ID is 'nuzayets' no numbers if anyone wants to Add Friend for Cold War games, I'm down for whatever. Voice chat in Discord is better than in-game but if you're on console or Discord's not your cup of tea I guess in-game works too!

Pivo fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Nov 15, 2020

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

They need to add some flinch to the Sniper rifles. I can be magdumping a sniper and they just quickscope me no problem.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
I think snipers should have to deal with changing wind, temperature, and humidity affecting their bullet trajectory and velocity

faantastic
Dec 31, 2006

that dude.

Is the party sytem absolute dogshit again this year? Constantly have to play musical chairs to find who the lucky person we can all join is. (PC)

Sivlan
Aug 29, 2006

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I think snipers should have to deal with changing wind, temperature, and humidity affecting their bullet trajectory and velocity

I mean even if they did, at the range we play multiplayer at it wouldn't even matter.

of course shotguns are still only effective up to 5 ft so :iiam:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Sivlan posted:

I mean even if they did, at the range we play multiplayer at it wouldn't even matter.

of course shotguns are still only effective up to 5 ft so :iiam:

Just give them the snipers nest 500 feet from battle like they always wanted.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.

CuddleCryptid posted:

Just give them the snipers nest 500 feet from battle like they always wanted.

If they can headshot me from across the warzone map then, fine, they earned that kill.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

After months of this game looking worse than MW, I can report that it is in fact worse than MW in almost every way and if they add 80s music and some cold war guns to MW there would be no reason to play it.
The resources would have been better spent making a Blops expansion for warzone.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Also Sam Worthington no longer voices Mason so no more torture Aussie trying to sound America (flip side is Hudson is neither Ed Harris or Michael Keaton and Woods is different...but sounds pretty drat close)

alas, i actually liked sam's abysmal accent. also, while it's a shame that blizzard didn't even contact James C. Burns to reprise is role, but the new guy is a pretty decent imitation

hudson's kinda bleh

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
The Campaign is great for all the wrong reasons. It's like half standard East/West Germany Spy poo poo, which I love, and half Nolan meets Tarentino meets Bay as produced by Monty Python as retold by your druggie friend who is way too into acid and CIA conspiracy theories.

Maybe spoilers for the second mission if anyone cares but I laughed harder than I should at the implication of what that mission was.

"Rookie! We gotta go back to Vietnam to find out more about Perseus! It's where we first met him!"

"Like, to the country? The war's been over for almost a decade I'm not sure there'll be anything left at this point."

"NO! The actual battle, there's something we might have missed!"

"Uh, it's 1983, I'm like 25 maybe, and you just pinned a knife and a picture of some dude to the board...?"

Adler passes around a bottle of brown liquid and an eye dropper. Turns on Pink Floyd.

"I'm not sure I see the issue here rookie..."

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

https://streamable.com/61sk46

Zombies Easter Egg ...

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

drkeiscool posted:

alas, i actually liked sam's abysmal accent. also, while it's a shame that blizzard didn't even contact James C. Burns to reprise is role, but the new guy is a pretty decent imitation

hudson's kinda bleh

Yeah I was struck just how meh Hudson was. Sucked with what happened with Burns, but yeah the new guy seemed to handle it well.

Sam’s accent is always abysmal for me for stuff I’ve seen him in lol. Hell his brief appearance in modern warfare three stinks too. That said the delivery itself of when he is totally losing it in black ops is pretty cool. That said it didn’t help that he was acting besides Gary Oldman, which made it stick out even more.

Actually that reminds me I had no clue with Microsoft backwards compatibility that I could buy stuff even going back to the original Xbox...so I need to get World at War and Blops (even though the later is also on my PC). Just wish MW3 was cheaper. Cool that COD4 regular is, since I don’t want to pay $40 for the remaster as I don’t care about MP in that game.

Crain posted:

The Campaign is great for all the wrong reasons. It's like half standard East/West Germany Spy poo poo, which I love, and half Nolan meets Tarentino meets Bay as produced by Monty Python as retold by your druggie friend who is way too into acid and CIA conspiracy theories.

Maybe spoilers for the second mission if anyone cares but I laughed harder than I should at the implication of what that mission was.

"Rookie! We gotta go back to Vietnam to find out more about Perseus! It's where we first met him!"

"Like, to the country? The war's been over for almost a decade I'm not sure there'll be anything left at this point."

"NO! The actual battle, there's something we might have missed!"

"Uh, it's 1983, I'm like 25 maybe, and you just pinned a knife and a picture of some dude to the board...?"

Adler passes around a bottle of brown liquid and an eye dropper. Turns on Pink Floyd.

"I'm not sure I see the issue here rookie..."

I mean one reason why COD4 , MW two and MW three are so beloved is yeah the story makes no logical sense, but drat the missions are batshit fun crazy. Which I feel like is the case here. I really liked how the missions were designed and barring one level, there isn’t any real fat.

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Nov 16, 2020

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Anyone want to group up for Zombies and exfil at round 10? I need 2 more to unlock the operator, and most people don't seem to want to exfil, leading to eventual demise around 20.

Activision ID: PureRok#8379893

PureRok fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Nov 16, 2020

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Having good maps is nice

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I mean one reason why COD4 , MW two and MW three are so beloved is yeah the story makes no logical sense, but drat the missions are batshit fun crazy. Which I feel like is the case here. I really liked how the missions were designed and barring one level, there isn’t any real fat.

Maybe it's because I just finished RDR2 and Control but I thought the missions were extremely straight-forward and not at all interesting. The first scene with the RC car, OK that was fun. Tech showcase I guess. The one with the replica 'Anytown, USA' that was amusing (at first). And with the Moscow mission, it was cool that they experimented with alternate means to an end. But this is like mission design from a decade ago? And they all devolve into a linear scripted shooter anyway. A good shooter, but the missions aren't terribly demanding other than, you know, press W and LMB. Except on Veteran difficulty where one stray bullet will wreck your day, then it just becomes a frustrating shooter. Not in any way something that requires competence, the difficulty is done as far as I can tell purely with you taking more damage.

The 'psychedelic' mission near the end wore out its welcome almost immediately and failed as a tech showcase, you could feel the engine creaking at every corner trying to do non-Euclidian geometry ... not a surprise, but Control did it better. You know how Warcraft 3 or Counter-Strike mods could change the whole game, but still felt like WC3 and CS? That was CoD trying to be something it's not, too.

I was just bored. The main plot twist is telegraphed from miles away, to the point that I was begging the game to just reveal it already. And then after the twist you are treated to what felt like ages of exposition, re-telling as if to a child everything you'd just learned. And doing the side missions, as far as I can tell, only changes one line of dialogue each in the final / post-game sequence that tells you what happened after.

I think MW2019's campaign was far better. They're all dumb action movie things, I get it, and I like that. MW2019 does the history revisionism and dials up the "ooh-rah" to 11, which I don't like, but it was otherwise engaging with likeable characters. I can say absolutely none of the same about Cold War's campaign. I'm just glad it was short!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I can see that, but I guess I just loved the loud coked out commando quality to them.

Actually I’m probably being a bit harsh on MW2019 as I enjoy a lot of the characters (also Nikolai’s gold chain will never not have me chuckle every time I see it). The missions that are great (pic and the embassy for example) are awesome, but I felt the ending mission was just kind of meh and didn’t feel really satisfying. But yeah the more I think about it there were some rather nice missions.

But it did lack the batshit crazy at 11 of the earlier titles (well COD4 MW, MW2, MW3). I mean the music building as Price launches the nuke in MW2 (and probably kills a ton of people and destroys a space station...which is forgotten by the next game) by saying “Good” and hearing Soap(?) scream out “Code Black Missile launch is just so amazing (same with a lot of MW3 missions).

World at War is more standard, but it has Gary Oldman and Jack Bauer telling you to kill people and screaming and being insane and it covers the end phase of the war which is neat.

I do agree with you about the psych mission, it’s just goes on too long, even though conceptually and how you can change it is really cool. So more imperfect execution.

I guess I just like how Treyarch seems to be willing to try new things for the SP in its games since WaW (who lives in the US campaign) vs the IW ones which (while some are awesome) are much more standard and by the book. So perhaps I just feel a weird urge to defend Treyarch. :lol:

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Also Dirty Bomb is cancer with pubbies

They don't communicate, they don't drop together, they don't have a plan. They're worse than bots because bots PTFO.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Pivo posted:

Maybe it's because I just finished RDR2 and Control but I thought the missions were extremely straight-forward and not at all interesting. The first scene with the RC car, OK that was fun. Tech showcase I guess. The one with the replica 'Anytown, USA' that was amusing (at first). And with the Moscow mission, it was cool that they experimented with alternate means to an end. But this is like mission design from a decade ago? And they all devolve into a linear scripted shooter anyway. A good shooter, but the missions aren't terribly demanding other than, you know, press W and LMB. Except on Veteran difficulty where one stray bullet will wreck your day, then it just becomes a frustrating shooter. Not in any way something that requires competence, the difficulty is done as far as I can tell purely with you taking more damage.

The 'psychedelic' mission near the end wore out its welcome almost immediately and failed as a tech showcase, you could feel the engine creaking at every corner trying to do non-Euclidian geometry ... not a surprise, but Control did it better. You know how Warcraft 3 or Counter-Strike mods could change the whole game, but still felt like WC3 and CS? That was CoD trying to be something it's not, too.

I was just bored. The main plot twist is telegraphed from miles away, to the point that I was begging the game to just reveal it already. And then after the twist you are treated to what felt like ages of exposition, re-telling as if to a child everything you'd just learned. And doing the side missions, as far as I can tell, only changes one line of dialogue each in the final / post-game sequence that tells you what happened after.

I think MW2019's campaign was far better. They're all dumb action movie things, I get it, and I like that. MW2019 does the history revisionism and dials up the "ooh-rah" to 11, which I don't like, but it was otherwise engaging with likeable characters. I can say absolutely none of the same about Cold War's campaign. I'm just glad it was short!

I liked it overall because it at least didn't have much fat, but yeah the final tripped out scene dragged on forever and it seemed like none of the options materially changed the story at all. I did laugh at the 2nd or 3rd time around in the opening fire fight when Adler doesn't bother to describe the scene or who your character is fighting, so he just imagines a field of Adlers trying to kill him. It was a nice touch at least. But drat did it drag on. The twist was super telegraphed too as it's basically just BLOPS one's story but instead of one of our guys being brainwashed by the enemy, we brainwashed an enemy.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Hey this is new

No more guessing what the bars mean. Did I miss this in beta? Guess TrueGameData guy is out of a job.

Also, can't pick a sniper scope to reduce ADS now. Can't spec the Pelington for quick scoping, drat it!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I will say I miss the story co-op from MW 2019...granted I know zombies takes its place, but being an SP whore, I really liked them and I wish IW didn’t just stop doing them.

I know zombies has a ton of lore and stuff, but I’m not as well read into it.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
Not sure if this applies to anyone itt but I thought I'd post about it anyway just in case - the game bitches if you have 8GB RAM or less, but still lets you launch, and I can confirm that blopwarz runs on my Ryzen 5 4600H, GTX 1650 laptop with 8GB of RAM just fine. It's a little janky on first load but with the shaders installed and the graphics settings lowered, it plays at a steady 70-80FPS

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I will say I miss the story co-op from MW 2019...granted I know zombies takes its place, but being an SP whore, I really liked them and I wish IW didn’t just stop doing them.

I know zombies has a ton of lore and stuff, but I’m not as well read into it.

This is a brand “new” zombies story so old lore doesn’t matter. For now.

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

Pivo posted:

563 kills with the Pelington and it's still lv43/55

967 is how many it ended up taking to max it out.

I think they will end up tweaking this ... That's a lot of playing with one weapon just to get access to its attachments.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

PureRok posted:

Anyone want to group up for Zombies and exfil at round 10? I need 2 more to unlock the operator, and most people don't seem to want to exfil, leading to eventual demise around 20.

Activision ID: PureRok#8379893

You can do Zombies in solo mode - when you go to pick Die Maschine [Endless/etc] up top you can switch from public to private and do it solo.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Is there a discord I could join to do zombies?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

mp5 seems way overtuned.

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
double xp, on a monday, sure

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh
When you're downed it looks like you shart uranium cubes.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

I shouldn't complain about matchmaking because it has been dogshit for a while but man it is dogshit

How are people already prestige 3 and why am I, level 18, being matched with them??

illcendiary
Dec 4, 2005

Damn, this is good coffee.

Hot Diggity! posted:

I shouldn't complain about matchmaking because it has been dogshit for a while but man it is dogshit

How are people already prestige 3 and why am I, level 18, being matched with them??

jesus really? Feel like you’d have to play basically non-stop since launch to get to that point

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

illcendiary posted:

jesus really? Feel like you’d have to play basically non-stop since launch to get to that point

Yeah.

And it's annoying because I'm not particularly good. I play maybe 3-4 hours a week without people because...I don't play much and don't go on chat. I think the easiest way for them to fix matchmaking would be to have a queue without parties or something. It's a rollercoaster of 2-3 games of doing nothing but playing obj and getting rocked and then 1 game of kicking rear end otherwise.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

I don't think I have ever disliked a map as much as miami.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON

Qmass posted:

I don't think I have ever disliked a map as much as miami.

It's the spirit of all the actual people who live in Miami.

So I can play zombies fine on PS4, but as soon as I join a PC player's squad and we get into a match my PS4 disconnects every controller and I have to hard reset, wtf is this poo poo real life?

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
Pistols are still OP in hardcore.
Are medals glitching out for anyone else and stacking a bit late like it did in this clip?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfpuSrcbQZs

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Coming fresh from modern warfare I don’t like how every time you jump, when you touch down you stutter step and basically come to a stop for a second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pivo
Aug 20, 2004

I don't get the Miami hate ...

I personally hate Moscow.