Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

DoomTrainPhD posted:

Turn off puts it in rest mode. Well, so long as it’s set in the settings menu to do so.

Oh.

Well that’s an interesting way to phrase it I guess?

:shrug:

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
Do you need a VPN to apply those Brazilian xbl codes?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

You can also set the power mode to "Energy-saving" where turn off means turn off.

pthighs
Jun 21, 2013

Pillbug
If your account doesn't have a home console associated with it, setting up a new Xbox will assign it as your home console automatically.

If your account does have a home console set, it won't change it.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Soulman posted:

I’ve got the same issue. Not had any problems with other games, even Forza works pretty well.

Thanks for checking, I couldn't find any reports of this after doing some googling and was wondering if it was just me. I submitted a report to Gears support.

Twerk from Home posted:

Are you using a controller or touchscreen controls?

Does the Xbox app support touch controls? When I start streaming, it says that a controller is required

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

404notfound posted:

Thanks for checking, I couldn't find any reports of this after doing some googling and was wondering if it was just me. I submitted a report to Gears support.

Does the Xbox app support touch controls? When I start streaming, it says that a controller is required

Unfortunately it won’t do touch controls. You have to have a controller connected

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Do you need a VPN to apply those Brazilian xbl codes?

Yeah, I used Tunnelbear. Its free and easy to use.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
I have a VPN, it's fine. Just wasn't sure I needed to use it for this. Did you redeem it via their website or on the console itself?

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

I have a VPN, it's fine. Just wasn't sure I needed to use it for this. Did you redeem it via their website or on the console itself?

On my phone. I didn't select the auto-renewal option (that gives you an extra month) as I was aiming for 36 months exactly. That's the maximum you can convert to ultimate.

Thought there might be issues with VPN'ing and having a UK based credit card which is required for the auto-renew option so didn't want to risk it anyway. My brother did click autorenew and he had to speak to support as the live didnt appear on his account. The webchat people sorted it out straight away though.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So this is interesting I guess because of the way they checked out my Xbox series X at Walmart, they never removed it from the online reserve system...so I appear to have another system on hold at the store.

I’m intrigued.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So this is interesting I guess because of the way they checked out my Xbox series X at Walmart, they never removed it from the online reserve system...so I appear to have another system on hold at the store.

I’m intrigued.

Now for $500 more, you can recreate the twin towers in your very own living room.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zenintrude posted:

Now for $500 more, you can recreate the twin towers in your very own living room.

But which will be Akeem and which will be Big Boss Man?

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zenintrude posted:

So here’s the Crazy thing...it worked I just got it and it’s in my car. I’m ask shocked as anyone else.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
So you have two xboxen now?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Finally, the Xbox Two we've all been waiting for.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
X Squared!

I’d ask if anyone wants it here, but based on local prices I can get 850 here and I don’t wanna be a shithead trying to sell it here here for that price

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

X Squared!

I’d ask if anyone wants it here, but based on local prices I can get 850 here and I don’t wanna be a shithead trying to sell it here here for that price

You should ask your circle of IRL friends if they would like to buy it at cost... that’s what I’ve been doing with my extra 4 PS5s that I preordered out of fear of cancellations and indecisiveness re: the digital future. You’ll be a pandemic Santa!

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

zenintrude posted:

You should ask your circle of IRL friends if they would like to buy it at cost... that’s what I’ve been doing with my extra 4 PS5s that I preordered out of fear of cancellations and indecisiveness re: the digital future. You’ll be a pandemic Santa!

I actually have it ready for a job I used to work at, the owner wants it and offered me 675 (retail and tax + 150) which is fine for me, since according to ebay calculators I'd need to sell it for 800 or more to equal that. So it's an everyone wins situation.

Also I prefer Pandemic Hanukkah Harry. :lol:

Granted the odd thing is I haven't found any evidence yet Walmart has charged me twice, I'm sure it's going to happen and honestly even if it didn't I'd make an attempt to pay it, because...I didn't go to Trump University. lol

napster of meat
Nov 12, 2000

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I’m intrigued.

I just got an email to that effect. We'll see shortly.

Dear Valued Customer,

On Tuesday, Nov. 10, 2020, you ordered the newly released Xbox gaming console online. Unfortunately, your order was canceled due to a system error. We apologize for this error and for any confusion or inconvenience this might have caused.

If you are still interested in purchasing the Xbox, please visit Store XXXX, located at XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX CT, before close of business Friday, Nov. 20. This store has the Xbox item you ordered and is holding it in your name Matthew XXXXXX.

Go to the Electronics counter and present this email to the sales associate to purchase this item. If the item is not picked up by close of business Friday, Nov. 20, it will be returned to the salesfloor.

We always appreciate you for shopping with us, and we look forward to saving you even more time and money.

Sincerely,

Walmart

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Zat posted:

As of now, yes you can. But there's no guarantee that's still the case a few years down the line.

So if I have ultimate now, can I just buy a gold code and it'll turn to ultimate when I add it? Or is there an additional step somewhere?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I believe you're too late if you've already got Ultimate.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

The Diddler posted:

So if I have ultimate now, can I just buy a gold code and it'll turn to ultimate when I add it? Or is there an additional step somewhere?

The 1:1 time exchange only works if you don’t have an active gp ultimate sub. if you do have a sub, it gives you less time, basically the dollar value converted to game pass ultimate (so a gold code for 1 year gives you 4 months). You have to wait for your current sub to expire and hope the 1:1 deal still works then.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

napster of meat posted:

I just got an email to that effect. We'll see shortly.

Dear Valued Customer,

On Tuesday, Nov. 10, 2020, you ordered the newly released Xbox gaming console online. Unfortunately, your order was canceled due to a system error. We apologize for this error and for any confusion or inconvenience this might have caused.

If you are still interested in purchasing the Xbox, please visit Store XXXX, located at XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX CT, before close of business Friday, Nov. 20. This store has the Xbox item you ordered and is holding it in your name Matthew XXXXXX.

Go to the Electronics counter and present this email to the sales associate to purchase this item. If the item is not picked up by close of business Friday, Nov. 20, it will be returned to the salesfloor.

We always appreciate you for shopping with us, and we look forward to saving you even more time and money.

Sincerely,

Walmart

Interesting, mine was a standard your order is ready to pickup (2nd or third I got) and we'll hold it till 11/17. First one I figured was a system error, but the more I got I was like, eh worth a shot. It was there and properly ready for pickup (well as much as Walmart ever is).

Weirdest thing is I just checked my Walmart account and also my card and see no evidence of a second purchase occuring (only the first saying picked up on the 10th) and nothing on the card). I'm going to keep checking and if it's not there I'm going to try and pay for it, if only because I don't want the store clerk (who did both of my pickups) to get in trouble. Now if Walmart just says we have no way to do this...I'm not going to complain mind you.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.
It has arrived. :happysun:

I'm updating now.

As expected, I got stuck at work for 14 hours today so don't even have time to enjoy it today. :saddowns:

Also, I already have ultimate so I guess im hosed when it comes to doing the el cheapo dealio.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The next gen version of Mortal Kombat 11 lets you uninstall the story.

Good.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Got an e-mail from Microsoft Store, thinking its an update on my Series X finally getting ready to ship... nope, it's just to tell me that I should buy everyone a Microsoft Surface for Christmas.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Good.

The MK11 story is great for what it is. Especially Aftermath.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Also, I already have ultimate so I guess im hosed when it comes to doing the el cheapo dealio.

Maybe I wasn't quite right with my previous post, as I stumbled upon this in the XSX reddit:

quote:

Yep... to convert from Gold to Ultimate if you already used the $1 month it will just cost $15 (the price of a month). The only stipulation is that you can not have an active Ultimate membership.

This was my situation... I was currently using the $1 month when I heard about the Gold to Ultimate deal... so I simply cancelled my Ultimate membership WITHOUT finishing out the time and then I purchased a couple Gold 12 months digital cards from Amazon... added them one at a time and selected the Auto renewal each time for the extra month etc

So maybe it is possible?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Good.

How many gigs does it take off the game? It really sucks that MK11 takes up like 100 gigs most likely just because of a mode that has no use to me after my first playthrough.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

I said come in! posted:

Got an e-mail from Microsoft Store, thinking its an update on my Series X finally getting ready to ship... nope, it's just to tell me that I should buy everyone a Microsoft Surface for Christmas.

You absolutely should not

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Ive been pretty lukewarm on my PS4 for a long time and after playing on the XsX it's driving me insane to play on the PS4.
The only reason I've even picked up the controller on the PS is because I have a fortnite account on level 96 and helping my brother and his daughter on their playstation accounts to get to level 100 before the end of the season. Im begging him to link xbox accounts just so I can use my XsX to do it. The loading wait times are horrible. I am already so spoiled by the new generation.

Bonus: wife seems to have quit being horrible about my purchase. Yay! (for now)

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Quantum of Phallus posted:

You absolutely should not

Surface Laptop is legit good afaik, i still have the first gen and still seems fast enough.

Surface Book on the other hand...do not bother.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

I said come in! posted:

I got one from Sony last week promising 'a special opportunity from Playstation' . I thought they had opened up pre-orders again for people with psn but it was an amazing deal that if I got a Sony rewards card and spent $3000 on it in 3 months I would get $20 off a year of PSN.

Ragnar Gunvald
May 13, 2015

Cool and good.

Red Warrior posted:

I got one from Sony last week promising 'a special opportunity from Playstation' . I thought they had opened up pre-orders again for people with psn but it was an amazing deal that if I got a Sony rewards card and spent $3000 on it in 3 months I would get $20 off a year of PSN.

:laffo:

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

otter posted:

Bonus: wife seems to have quit being horrible about my purchase. Yay! (for now)

She's now in the "I can buy something frivolous that I want and he can't moan" stage.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

You can get in the rewards program without a credit card. Activating a new console and buying some digital games got me enough credit for 30 dollars in gift cards

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

MazelTovCocktail posted:

But which will be Akeem and which will be Big Boss Man?

You’re thinking of the Admiral and Tim Duncan

minya
Sep 7, 2004

SUN RA WAS HERE IN HIS ELEMENT
he invited me back for a ride
What are the chances of me being able to buy a Series S at retail price between now and Christmas? Or is that anyone's guess at this point?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

minya posted:

What are the chances of me being able to buy a Series S at retail price between now and Christmas? Or is that anyone's guess at this point?

Probably a decent chance. Watch out for the Black Friday ads. The S seems to be easier to get than the X.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

minya posted:

I think it’s Walmart that specifically have them out but can’t sell them until Black Friday. Pretty crummy as the last thing anyone needs this year is the traditional BF rush, but might be an option.