Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Honestly, I love these panels. Juggernaut just looks so happy.

"Let me get this straight: You want to teleport me way, way up into the air, and drop me on a dragons head?"
"Yes."
"..."
"..."
"I love my job."

Rockslide put it best:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Aaaand so starts what Abbadon says will be a 50 page fight sequence between Jagganoth and the other six demi-urges of the Seven Part World.

My money is on Jagganoth, since the Demiurges are essentially incapable of working together after a several thousand year cold war between all of them.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Azubah posted:

Savage Avengers is loving great because it's Conan being a murder hobo and the marvel cast is either for it or against it.

Conan using Wolverine as a sword sold me on the concept.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
Those panels just convinced me to never read Savage Avengers.

Logan drinking pabst? That poo poo is one step removed from being cat piss.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
He'd probably drink a Canadian beer like Molson but don't be a beer snob. Nobody likes a beer snob.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
You really think Wolverine of all people would turn away any type of beer?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Logan would never drink an IPA.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
It's been decades since I read comics and it's always such a trip to go through these posts. I have no idea if they're new or old, but hey there's Conan AND Wolverine... and here comes Elektra out of nowhere, and Juggernaut is singing the GAH theme and there's Conan again. It's like every comic I ever read has been dropped into an atomic blender without a lid and characters splatter out of it at random.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Marvel realised they only have 8 years before Conan becomes public domain and Batman can team up with him.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

I suspect Wolverine's beer flowchart looks somewhat like this.
pre:
	   Is it beer?
	        |
	        |
	—————————————————
	Yes		No
	  |		|
	  |		|
	  ↓		↓
	Drink		Meh.
	it.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

ManiacClown posted:

I suspect Wolverine's beer flowchart looks somewhat like this.
pre:
	   Is it beer?
	        |
	        |
	—————————————————
	Yes		No
	  |		|
	  |		|
	  ↓		↓
	Drink		Meh.
	it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

habeasdorkus posted:

Aaaand so starts what Abbadon says will be a 50 page fight sequence between Jagganoth and the other six demi-urges of the Seven Part World.

My money is on Jagganoth, since the Demiurges are essentially incapable of working together after a several thousand year cold war between all of them.

To be honest, there are few things more badass than flexing everybody by showing up to kickstart the apocalypse in only your helmet, a gauntlet, a bear-skin rug turned cape, and a speedo.

skaianDestiny
Jan 13, 2017

beep boop

habeasdorkus posted:

Next page and they're working together about as well as a bunch of starving bears sharing the last salmon.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
What's a comparable teamup in Marvel or DC where all the heroes just get in each others way and are totally ineffective?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

habeasdorkus posted:

What's a comparable teamup in Marvel or DC where all the heroes just get in each others way and are totally ineffective?

Alpha Flight?

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

This happens at the start of Busiek's Avengers, part of Heroes Return. Everyone who'd been an Avenger trying to stop a bank heist. It doesn't go well.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011

DigitalRaven posted:

This happens at the start of Busiek's Avengers, part of Heroes Return. Everyone who'd been an Avenger trying to stop a bank heist. It doesn't go well.

Yeah, that was a pretty fun scene.

Source: Avengers (1998) #4

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Suleman posted:

Yeah, that was a pretty fun scene.

My brain whispered "Perez" before I scrolled down that far. That guy sure likes drawing superheroes

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Retro Futurist posted:

My brain whispered "Perez" before I scrolled down that far. That guy sure likes drawing superheroes

There's a reason they went to him when they had a book with every Avenger and JLA member appearing.

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

Retro Futurist posted:

It's classic Perez, even lends itself to the game of "can I name everyone without looking it up?" Admittedly, it's a game I find easier with Marvel than DC, but still.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Free Comic Book Day 2018 - Avengers-Captain America 01 (2018)

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Ygolonac posted:

Free Comic Book Day 2018 - Avengers-Captain America 01 (2018)

That's still one of my favourite lines ever. Aaron is really, really good at writing Asgardians.

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
Now for some hard-hitting stuff from... arguably the most notoriously silly 80s toy franchise?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (IDW) Macro-series: Michelangelo

Context:
Shredder is dead, and Splinter has accepted leadership of the Foot ninjas to show them a better way. While a more compassionate leader, he is visibly becoming harsher and more jaded. The Turtles were shocked and appalled, and went their own way. After the city was attacked by aliens, the Turtles rescued a bunch of orphans and with no other place to go, asked Splinter to give them a home. Splinter accepted... as long as the kids would be trained as the new generation of Foot ninjas. Mikey has grown especially attached to the kids and has been a big brother to them.

After a brutal, but surprisingly even fight:

Suleman fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Dec 6, 2020

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

PBR is basically the same age as Wolverine so be probably doesn't view it as any kind of hipster brand or whatever problem its haters have against it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lobok posted:

PBR is basically the same age as Wolverine so be probably doesn't view it as any kind of hipster brand or whatever problem its haters have against it.

Yeah, but I would figure he drank some cheap Canadian brand instead.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Skwirl posted:

As a Canuck myself I do wonder how recognizable our old macrobrews would be to most readers outside the country. People know Pabst.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lobok posted:

As a Canuck myself I do wonder how recognizable our old macrobrews would be to most readers outside the country. People know Pabst.

Moulson's is Canadian isn't it? That'd be recognizable to most Americans.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Skwirl posted:

Wolverine's favorite beer is whatever is available at that moment.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Proteus Jones posted:

Wolverine's favorite beer is.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Suleman posted:

Now for some hard-hitting stuff from... arguably the most notoriously silly 80s toy franchise?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (IDW) Macro-series: Michelangelo
That's great! Raph is so drat proud of Mikey for landing that hit.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Those TMNT pages are pretty great, but the tiny pupils bug me. Kind of wish they'd draw them without.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mikey’s been given so many good/great/badass moments in that series. He’s legit loving awesome throughout.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I'm really impressed at how great the IDW series is, it weaves basically everything into the series.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Mikey’s been given so many good/great/badass moments in that series. He’s legit loving awesome throughout.

Mikey is and has always been the best turtle. Because he's the heart.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Mikey is and has always been the best turtle. Because he's the heart.

I think you'll find he's a party dude (except in the recent cartoon where they decided to shuffle the personalities for some reason).

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

Moulson's is Canadian isn't it? That'd be recognizable to most Americans.

That's Puck's favorite beer, for whatever it's worth.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Labatts

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Suleman posted:

After a brutal, but surprisingly even fight:

gently caress yeah, Michelangelo.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Infinitum posted:

It only took 10,000 loving chapters of backstory nonsense, but the Straw Hat crew is back together again in the latest chapter and ready for war!

Jinbei is officially a straw hat now? Finally!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
I'm not sure about putting all the turtles in thigh high stockings, but sure.