Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Xiahou Dun posted:

Every single part of this sounds like a bad idea to me. Conceptually and mechanically I just would never touch it in a million years.

Why, if I can ask?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Josef bugman posted:

So I am in a Warhammer 4e game. It is a lot of fun but I wanted to play a bit of a different character from my kickarse Dwarven Slayer. What follows is a C.I.A document because whilst I don't think any of the others would read the forum I don't know for sure.

So my GM suggested that I try and play as one of the evil cult that the PC's are investigating. Specifically play as a Tzeetnchian Magus in order to get close to them, track them and then reveal myself in a big way, then have my prior character come back into the fight.

The problem is that I am looking through the mechanical support for playing as an evil wizard and... it kind of loving sucks? The ability to throw lightning from my hands and cackle madly is so much more difficult to do as an evil sorcerer that I am actually fairly mad about it.
I still want to play as the character, but it's so freaking frustrating to try and tell my DM that "the thematic and actual parts of this are awesome but the actual mechanics of it are a bit broken.

Edit: I didn't know where to ask for advice about this so put it here, but if this is inappropriate I can delete!

1) This kind of thing is *VERY* difficult to actually pull off in a way that is satisfying to everyone in the table. If it goes awry (likely) there's bound to be high levels of grumpiness at the table. Please reconsider on those grounds.

2) idk enough about WHFRP but Chaos Magic is so thematically distinct that it kinda needs to involve a bunch of weird fiddly bullshit in comparison to regular magic.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Personally I'm hesitant to do any kind of character that's explicitly designed to betray the party from the start, especially since people typically treat PCs and NPCs with different degrees of scrutiny.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

it's me, the guy who once had a character sell himself to the forces of evil for vast power at the cost of potentially turning on the party

short story: it went poorly

long story: i failed one will save out of a dozen or so sessions and almost managed to murder the min/maxed wizard (no loss, the player was a tool). many hard feelings were had. the next session came after a six month real life time gap and i was greeted at the table with "during the last six months you failed a will save and had to be put down" without getting to roll or being forewarned or anything.

the wizard was a dick though, i was introduced to the part mid dungeon crawl. i was off doing my own thing in media res when i got attached by a giant spider. being a psion i blasted it with fire but i didn't know the other players were in range of the cone of fire. the wizard responded by draining all my intelligence

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
People take it extremely personal when you betray them. Even in a game, sometimes especially in a game.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Boba Pearl posted:

People take it extremely personal when you betray them. Even in a game, sometimes especially in a game.

I still won't game with my friends brother because of how he drained all my int mid dungeon so that checks out.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

senrath posted:

Personally I'm hesitant to do any kind of character that's explicitly designed to betray the party from the start, especially since people typically treat PCs and NPCs with different degrees of scrutiny.

Yeah, unless this is specifically a game with a lot of buy in for party backstabbing from all the players up front, it feels a little like it's being set up as a violation of the usual party compact stuff.
I'd also suggest if chaos magick is too fiddly have seperate sheets like a regular wizard for your stuff then the GM has a chaos magus or whatever based on that sheet.
Like the best way to avoid hard feelings with a plot idea like that is probably you play the character straight as an ally. Then the GM lets you give the betrayal speech or whatever and explains what happened offscreen that undermined the group and takes control of rhe now NPC.
So less a 'you schemed and hosed them over in ways that wouldn't have worked if it hadn't been a PC' and more 'the GM has filled in storyblanks with a freshly retired PC with the player's permission.'

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

This may sound a bit extreme, but people HATE it when you do this betray the party "I'm a secret bad guy and you never saw it coming" poo poo, and there's a few good reasons.

1. You always end up having to cheat to make it work, and despite you thinking you're pulling it off, you're generally not.
2. It tells the rest of the players "The DM and I don't trust you to act surprised."

That second one can take some extra explanation. It's a roleplaying game. You have to trust your party to be willing to play roles. If you tell your party in advance "Oh hey, I'll be playing the role of secret betrayer" you're basically letting them in on a fun story arc. They can ham it up acting like they have no idea what's coming. If they don't do that, and instead just keep coming up with reasons to suspect your character, then people at the table never actually wanted to do a secret betrayer arc anyway. And if you don't tell them, when you do the big reveal all they're going to think is "That was a lot of work to lie to us when you could have instead made this fun for everyone the whole time."

OpenlyEvilJello
Dec 28, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

I'm describing what I'd expect to see from any megathread that is about one particular game. Not even just in TG. If someone strolled into the Civilization 6 thread in Games to talk some poo poo about Civ6, all on their lonesome, they'd get a lot of responses disagreeing with them and that would not be fun for them. Especially if they wanted to insist that actually Civ IV was the pinnacle of Civ games and anyone who plays Civ6 is having fun wrong. Even if they had cogent and clear arguments rooted in facts about those games. It might be more productive given that I don't think there's a decades-long tradition of edition warring about Civ, but even then, people gonna play what they want to play, you know?

I see you've read the Civ 6 thread before.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Has anyone noticed if the supply/stock of tabletop boardgames and/or in-print tabletop RPGs has been affected by the pandemic? I know that videogame hardware availability has been choked from so many people being at home and buying equipment because they want something to play (and or work with) at home, and I was wondering if that's translated to our space as well.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Josef bugman posted:

Why, if I can ask?

As people said above, betrayal at the table is only fun if you're like playing Resistance or something and everyone knows the score. The stupid notes under the table and pull asides thing stopped being fun (if it ever was) years ago. If you're going to do that plot-line, it should be with everyone buying into it as author-stance and agreeing it's cool. Then at least everyone's on-board and building to Geoff the Wide's heel turn.

And then mechanically of course Chaos magic sucks that's the point. It's supposed to be a scrub's game for idiots. That's why NPC's who are supposed to be clowned on get it rather than PC's.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

theironjef posted:

This may sound a bit extreme, but people HATE it when you do this betray the party "I'm a secret bad guy and you never saw it coming" poo poo, and there's a few good reasons.

1. You always end up having to cheat to make it work, and despite you thinking you're pulling it off, you're generally not.
2. It tells the rest of the players "The DM and I don't trust you to act surprised."

That second one can take some extra explanation. It's a roleplaying game. You have to trust your party to be willing to play roles. If you tell your party in advance "Oh hey, I'll be playing the role of secret betrayer" you're basically letting them in on a fun story arc. They can ham it up acting like they have no idea what's coming. If they don't do that, and instead just keep coming up with reasons to suspect your character, then people at the table never actually wanted to do a secret betrayer arc anyway. And if you don't tell them, when you do the big reveal all they're going to think is "That was a lot of work to lie to us when you could have instead made this fun for everyone the whole time."

Yeah this is another good way of handling it. Hell do both. Let everyone know. If the GM wants to be cheeky they can throw in some revelation like a divination that someone will betray the group.
But yeah no secret stuff at the table bogging it down and a reveal from you "here's what I did to gently caress you over," just you and the GM discussed stuff ahead of time and you volunteered your current PC's retirement as a villain.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.
I had a GM who had a guest player play a traitor.

We found this random guy and I was like "hey we are going to go into this dungeon and kill some monsters, wanna come with?"

Then the final combat was extremely tense and close and after finishing off the last monsters, the guest player finished off the rest of us (who were already down and making death saves).

I was upset. It wasn't earned - there had been no hints or foreshadowing. But moreover, what was I going to do at the beginning of the session? "Oh, I don't know if I can trust this guy. We'd better chain him up in the hold of our ship while we go about our business. Sorry pal, I know you came to play with us but our characters have no reason to put their lives in the hands of a stranger."

If they had told us beforehand, we could have enjoyed the dramatic irony and played into it or planned some fun reversal or reveal or something.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Yeah, taking advantage of PC glow like that is a dick move.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Jimbozig posted:

I had a GM who had a guest player play a traitor.

We found this random guy and I was like "hey we are going to go into this dungeon and kill some monsters, wanna come with?"

Then the final combat was extremely tense and close and after finishing off the last monsters, the guest player finished off the rest of us (who were already down and making death saves).

I was upset. It wasn't earned - there had been no hints or foreshadowing. But moreover, what was I going to do at the beginning of the session? "Oh, I don't know if I can trust this guy. We'd better chain him up in the hold of our ship while we go about our business. Sorry pal, I know you came to play with us but our characters have no reason to put their lives in the hands of a stranger."

If they had told us beforehand, we could have enjoyed the dramatic irony and played into it or planned some fun reversal or reveal or something.

What's the point of that? The next session starts with everyone captured? Or assuming it's a system where this has to be lethal & death isn't permanent you play as the b team for a side adventure to bring your main characters back?

I'm trying to understand how that was supposed to work in the GM's head? You were supposed to be betrayed but not that hosed over? In which case shouldn't the GM have paused and said "Yeah, no" to "Now I kill the other players."
They were just done being GM and needed someone else to flip the table for them?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I had a similar experience in a gaming situation where a guest player came in, immediately hosed up something we had been planning the previous session, took great pains to soothe everyone and say that he was just super duper glad to be here and generally make those vaguely-mendacious shows of aggressive friendliness... THEN he did the same drat thing again not two hours later. Four out of six of the regular players wrote to the GM basically saying "Yo don't invite that dude back please."

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

My first DM had the bad guy poison my PC and blackmail him into spying on the party with regular doses of just-barely-keep-him-alive antidotes. Naturally he had a reason to shoot down every clever plan I came up with. Didn't go over well, I'm lucky these guys still play with me (though not that DM).

His clever plot twist was that the antidote had been the real poison all along and if I'd just dared to go cold turkey on it I'd have been fine after a few days of discomfort. Thanks bud.

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
That is the most catpiss thing I've heard in a while, lmao.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Maybe its cause I'm dirty narrativist storytelling scum, but keeping secrets in the group is dumb as poo poo IMO. Plenty of ways to do surprises that don't involve violating trust. The players aren't the PCs. If you wanna have a PC betray the group, cool, might make for a dramatic story, but the players, all of them, should probably on board first.

Then again, if I was GMing, I wouldn't even kill or horribly maim or otherwise traumatize a PC if they player wasn't 100% cool with it, and only if it makes for a good story. No "Oh the random mook goblin kills you because you failed two rolls in a row and I rolled high."

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Just bust out Paranoia XP for a session or three to get the lighthearted backstabbing vibe out of everyone's systems and then go back to your party-based game where a foundation of the social play agreement is a basic level of trust that your fellow players and by extension their characters are here for a cooperative game experience.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
I did actually have the dynamic of "players at the table have secrets from each other" work in one game: all the players were united in rebellion against the Empire, but many of them had their own ideas about what they wanted to replace it with.

It helped that this dynamic was very clear from the start, that the players in question all knew and trusted one another OC, and that they had a common and very present and visible enemy to unite against. I still probably wouldn't do it again because there were so many ways it could have gone wrong, but I'm glad I did.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Boba Pearl posted:

That is the most catpiss thing I've heard in a while, lmao.
And I completely dropped the ball on it by not feeding the bad guy false information, too. Although he'd probably just been like "zone of truth lol".

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

My Lovely Horse posted:

And I completely dropped the ball on it by not feeding the bad guy false information, too. Although he'd probably just been like "zone of truth lol".

With stuff like that I'm also pretty sure the GM would've hosed you over if you guessed their intended solution early or stumbled onto it by refusing to betray.
Either they'd fudge the poison plot, so you die/suffer/whatever or just having nothing in their backpocket and being pouty.

Coolness Averted fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Nov 17, 2020

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Boba Pearl posted:

Really?

I mean the betrayal is going to be telegraphed and I am just eventually going to have my previous character come back and merc the hell out of the one I would be playing, I just thought it might be nice to play as someone a little different.

Xiahou Dun posted:

As people said above, betrayal at the table is only fun if you're like playing Resistance or something and everyone knows the score. The stupid notes under the table and pull asides thing stopped being fun (if it ever was) years ago. If you're going to do that plot-line, it should be with everyone buying into it as author-stance and agreeing it's cool. Then at least everyone's on-board and building to Geoff the Wide's heel turn.

And then mechanically of course Chaos magic sucks that's the point. It's supposed to be a scrub's game for idiots. That's why NPC's who are supposed to be clowned on get it rather than PC's.

I always liked doing asides when I was a GM/ player. I liked having something to figure out so I just never considered that people might react so badly to it.

No I'm sorry, you can't have a loving evil wizard without having more power and mad cackling. I hate the idea that you aren't allowed to play as something because "Oh why would you do that" when it's given as a drat option. You can't go "you are having badwrongfun if you choose to play as an evil chaos wizard" because playing an evil chaos wizard sounds hilarious. I don't mind it melting me into a puddle of goo, I do mind it being strictly more poo poo than the other choice.

Also I wouldn't be doing things like "I am going to be sub-optimal in combat in order that you all die". Who would do that?

edit: I realised my criticism of the game saying "no" to chaos options sounded like I was very cross at you Xiahou Dun. I did not intend that and I do apologise.

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Nov 17, 2020

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

So you know your group better than we do, but in my experience attempts at telegraphing that fall short of explicitly stating something are almost never clear enough. Or are actively ignored, because "they're a PC, they wouldn't betray us so we must be misinterpreting things".

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Josef bugman posted:

I mean the betrayal is going to be telegraphed and I am just eventually going to have my previous character come back and merc the hell out of the one I would be playing, I just thought it might be nice to play as someone a little different.

They don't even get to kill the traitor themselves?

Whoof!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, no offense, but "I'm going to bring in a new PC to betray the party and then bring back my old PC to kill him!" would definitely make me wonder why I was at the table at all, were I another player. Do the other PCs have anything to do here besides get betrayed/rescued?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, no offense, but "I'm going to bring in a new PC to betray the party and then bring back my old PC to kill him!" would definitely make me wonder why I was at the table at all, were I another player. Do the other PCs have anything to do here besides get betrayed/rescued?

No as in in the fight, not like casually just offing them. Former character is just going to be there.

Though y'all are raising good points tbh.

Antivehicular posted:

I mean, yeah? The plan is for prior character to go wandering for a bit during down time (she's a slayer so it's more likely that during the downtime after rescuing a city she goes off to try and get killed) and then during the inbetween bit the group and new character meet up and make the way to the next city.

Then -adventures- for X amount of sessions until there is some sort of grand reveal and a big old fight, Yngrid becomes my character again and magister becomes an NPC.

I don't disagree with the points any of you are raising, just trying to give more of an overview.

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Nov 17, 2020

UnCO3
Feb 11, 2010

Ye gods!

College Slice
For a couple weeks I've been running a co-op bundle with another designer and there's ~24 hours left. It's called the Sea Changes Bundle and it's a set of 3 map-games (plus 1 extension) about the near and far fates of humanity and the slow changes that get us there:

• One Trillion Years is a game for telling expansives histories of humanity across the stars and over inhuman timescales, tracing characters and legacies into the end of humanity and the guttering of the stars
  • A Few Degrees of Warming is a Quiet Year hack where you both make and erase parts of the map as you tell the story of a city efflicted by climate change and rising sea levels
  • Twilight Song is my Yokohama Shopping Log-inspired Quiet Year hack where you collectively play a single immortal narrator in the peaceful twilight era of humanity, as the world becomes something strange and new
  • Midnight Signal is a dark expansion on Twilight Song, a new oracle and rules changes for a hateful world crawling into the light

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

My Lovely Horse posted:

Is a zone of truth the same as a zone of comprehensive, complete, and accurate reporting? I feel that the second should be, like, at least one level higher than the first. Maybe even two.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

I was the traitor in my most recent BitD game. In session zero, I said "what if I was a rat?" and everyone went "gently caress yeah", so we went into it knowing that but little else. Turns out I was working for the antagonists, two other PCs knew that but were using me to feed back bad info and because I had useful skills, and one other PC was naive about the whole thing. Awesome game, fun roleplaying, and the big unplanned-at-the-start twist: My guy took "soft" as a trauma and didn't end up doing the betrayal before he died, which gave the two characters who were using him and justifying it with "it's ok, he's a baddie" a chance to do some "wait... are we the baddies?" stuff.

Nessus posted:

Is a zone of truth the same as a zone of comprehensive, complete, and accurate reporting? I feel that the second should be, like, at least one level higher than the first. Maybe even two.

From memory, ZoT is "you can't knowingly lie". So you could do whatever not-outright-lying deception, you could refuse to answer, or you could flip the whole thing on its head by stating theories about the questioner to see if the spell lets you.

Elector_Nerdlingen fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Nov 17, 2020

Mistaken Identity
Oct 21, 2020

fool of sound posted:

As much as I enjoy Root we've taken to forbidding the Vagabond and just playing with the "bot" rules for it, because despite the protestations of the Root aficionados the Vagabond is a failure of design; it either gets teamed up on and rammed into the ground as frequently as possible, or wins.

So basically like every other faction? At least in our games Birds and Cats regularly get teamed up on and wrecked lest they achieve a run away victory.

Although I can definitely see your point. I think it helped in our group that none of the regulars is actually interested in playing it so that the 'Bond is usually delegated to the person that plays Root for the first time. It keeps them engaged and competitive without having to overwhelm them with faction rules.

Countblanc posted:

Spirit Island and King's Dilemma both have great TTS mods

Tulip posted:

May as well also like the good port of Feast For Odin
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1477043095

potatocubed posted:

I don't know what 'the usual suspects' are, but: the Wingspan TTS mod is fantastic, and for my money knocks the actual video game adaptation into a cocked hat. Also if you can find the right mods, BattleCON and Exceed both have really good ones.

Awesome, I'll check them out.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

fool of sound posted:

As much as I enjoy Root we've taken to forbidding the Vagabond and just playing with the "bot" rules for it, because despite the protestations of the Root aficionados the Vagabond is a failure of design; it either gets teamed up on and rammed into the ground as frequently as possible, or wins.

Honestly, you can say "You need to ram them into the ground as frequently as possible or they win" about every faction in Root. That's the point of it.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Elector_Nerdlingen posted:

From memory, ZoT is "you can't knowingly lie". So you could do whatever not-outright-lying deception, you could refuse to answer, or you could flip the whole thing on its head by stating theories about the questioner to see if the spell lets you.
If it just means you can't knowingly say something false, that's got a lot of flex room.

Ineffable
Jul 4, 2012

Josef bugman posted:

No I'm sorry, you can't have a loving evil wizard without having more power and mad cackling. I hate the idea that you aren't allowed to play as something because "Oh why would you do that, it's for idiot babies" when it's given as a drat option. You can't go "you are having badwrongfun if you choose to play as an evil chaos wizard" because playing an evil chaos wizard sounds hilarious. I don't mind it melting me into a puddle of goo, I do mind it being strictly more poo poo than the other choice.

Also I wouldn't be doing things like "I am going to be sub-optimal in combat in order that you all die". Who would do that?

It's not given an as option. Chaos Magic in 4e WFRP is explicitly a GM-facing tool to, quote, "provide flavour to your Chaos Cultists". None of the player-facing careers actually get access to the Chaos Magic talent, either.

If you're still set on playing an evil chaos wizard, probably the best way to do it is to play a regular wizard (with the Lore of Heavens if you want to shoot lightning) and just, you know, be evil. Maybe convince your GM to let you take the Chaos Magic talent, but that's mostly going to be for flavour because, again, it was clearly never intended as a full-fledged option for PCs.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Ineffable posted:

It's not given an as option. Chaos Magic in 4e WFRP is explicitly a GM-facing tool to, quote, "provide flavour to your Chaos Cultists". None of the player-facing careers actually get access to the Chaos Magic talent, either.

If you're still set on playing an evil chaos wizard, probably the best way to do it is to play a regular wizard (with the Lore of Heavens if you want to shoot lightning) and just, you know, be evil. Maybe convince your GM to let you take the Chaos Magic talent, but that's mostly going to be for flavour because, again, it was clearly never intended as a full-fledged option for PCs.

But it is in some of the supplement books I thought? They had a full Tzeentchean magus career thing that I was looking at? Was that solely meant for NPC's?

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

gradenko_2000 posted:

Has anyone noticed if the supply/stock of tabletop boardgames and/or in-print tabletop RPGs has been affected by the pandemic? I know that videogame hardware availability has been choked from so many people being at home and buying equipment because they want something to play (and or work with) at home, and I was wondering if that's translated to our space as well.

In the UK, people aren’t currently allowed to do “non essential” shopping, so most speciality stores are closed.

But in practice, you can buy “non essential” items as part of another shopping visit. So mainstream supermarkets are now selling board games, which sounds cool, but they’re basically taking advantage of lockdown to displace FLGSs.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Nessus posted:

If it just means you can't knowingly say something false, that's got a lot of flex room.

An alarming amount of people don't read the text for that spell and just assume it turns everyone in the area into Jim Carrey from Liar Liar

Ineffable
Jul 4, 2012

Josef bugman posted:

But it is in some of the supplement books I thought? They had a full Tzeentchean magus career thing that I was looking at? Was that solely meant for NPC's?

Actually, yeah, you're correct. Apologies, I wasn't aware they'd released additional careers (and in what looks to be a campaign supplement of all things).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Ineffable posted:

Actually, yeah, you're correct. Apologies, I wasn't aware they'd released additional careers (and in what looks to be a campaign supplement of all things).

Oh phew! I thought I'd really misinterpreted something, don't worry about it!

I had a word with the DM and he's done similar things before with the group and they've enjoyed it, and I won't be actively working against folks, as much as just "reporting back". Might make my character more of the party "face" instead of interacting with the dark magic stuff.