Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sugar mouse
Oct 17, 2006

Over here in the UK, all the Christmas adverts are coming out and one big supermarket, Sainsbury have featured a black family enjoying Christmas Dinner.

Obviously this has brought all the racists out on twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
They're just so endlessly loving basic. Eugh im just so fed up with it. With the content and the fact that twitter gives them the ability to broadcast it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Excuse you I am reliably informed that britain does not have a racism problem and that is all just importing american politics.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
That last line gets me. These people rail on and on, endlessly, about how much SJWs and "woke" types demand representation, but then every time they see a non-white person anywhere they screech and scream about how they "can't relate". They can go watch Pixar movies and "relate" to loving robots and monsters and insects but a dark-skinned man?? My suspension of disbelief only stretches so far!
White people demand representation at all times, everywhere, forever, yet insist it's minorities that do this. Imagine if any other race were a fraction as fragile about this as white people were!

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
I was just reminded by a friend that when Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas came out, a bunch of white guys boycotted it and demanded a "white player mode".

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅
I like the 'ignore the 96%' line. I'm imagining a huge checklist where they have to get every single ethnicity in an add or they won't shop there. 'Ok we have the the west Indian family, the Somalian refugee seekers, the Nordic whites, umm......how much more do we need?'

'I think we're only at 45% now'

'damnit'

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Vib Rib posted:

I was just reminded by a friend that when Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas came out, a bunch of white guys boycotted it and demanded a "white player mode".

And when GTAV came out and gave you the ability to switch between a white guy, a white guy, and a black guy, they complained that some of the missions forced you to play as the black guy.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pope Corky the IX posted:

And when GTAV came out and gave you the ability to switch between a white guy, a white guy, and a black guy, they complained that some of the missions forced you to play as the black guy.

I wonder how they felt about the second best GTA game? (San Andreas)

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back

christmas boots posted:

I wonder how they felt about the second best GTA game? (San Andreas)

Probably the way the guy said that was quoted in the post you quoted lol.

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!

Vib Rib posted:

That last line gets me. These people rail on and on, endlessly, about how much SJWs and "woke" types demand representation, but then every time they see a non-white person anywhere they screech and scream about how they "can't relate". They can go watch Pixar movies and "relate" to loving robots and monsters and insects but a dark-skinned man?? My suspension of disbelief only stretches so far!
White people demand representation at all times, everywhere, forever, yet insist it's minorities that do this. Imagine if any other race were a fraction as fragile about this as white people were!

The mistake is in thinking they are at all representing themselves in good faith. They don't consciously care about relating to the characters because they've never had to think about it before. But they've heard the way minorities speak when they never see people like themselves represented on screen--so they reverse that language and spit it back out like it's a slam-dunk gotcha.

And as for bugs and robots, those characters are super easy for them to see themselves in because they're coded as white or "neutral" (which is white).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Imagine what the comments would be if Sainsbury's had a mixed race family.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/BrianoNazereth/status/1328768531769552898?s=20

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I hope they can help his friend Keith.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/JasonSCampbell/status/1328802995123990528?s=09

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Did he show up to a press conference half cut in his pyjamas?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1328782120593088516

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

He started shaving but there was too much facial real estate

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Occasionally I have the thought that black holes of charisma like Charlie Kirk or Ian Miles Cheong have fans, and I get deeply disquieted.

Not just Twitter follow-backs and patronage from right wing sugar daddies who feel the need to boost them into the spotlight as an alternative to supposed left wing college indoctrination, actual fans! There are not just a few, but thousands of Ian Miles Cheong fans out there! What the gently caress?!

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 04:21 on Nov 18, 2020

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
https://twitter.com/TRAPTOFFICIAL/status/1328781272995475459?s=19

They're blocking people left and right in replies.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Lol that they put Parler into their handle on... Parler. Someone beat you to the sought after @Trapt one?

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Please follow me on Twitter.com at Twitter.com/TRAPTontwitterdotcom

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
As the anemic pre-election push to get people to adopt Parler was winding down, I saw someone point out that non of the big-names pushing people to go to Parler actually used it, they all just used Twitter.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
What the gently caress?

https://twitter.com/cringepolitik/status/1328515002999795712?s=20

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Geez the way that cuts off I just saw "N BENJAMIN / COMEDIAN AND ACTOR" and was like nooooooo H. Jon Benjamin NOOOOOO

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Geez the way that cuts off I just saw "N BENJAMIN / COMEDIAN AND ACTOR" and was like nooooooo H. Jon Benjamin NOOOOOO

Have you never seen a picture of H Jon Benjamin?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yes but the last time was when he was on Space Ghost 25 years ago and the memory is hazy

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Data Graham posted:

Lol, same, what a relief.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Data Graham posted:

Yes but the last time was when he was on Space Ghost 25 years ago and the memory is hazy

He does arbys ads now

https://youtu.be/K4W8oiSk4ZM

Drunkenboxer
Oct 3, 2007

eh?

These are all amazing.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Christ, even Infowars stopped letting this guy talk. Is Prager really that shoddy?

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Imagine what the comments would be if Sainsbury's had a mixed race family.

The sketch show Famalam made a joke about this, the mixed race couple used to sell products. So it's already a joke in the BAEM community to some extent because of how common it is.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Aramoro posted:

The sketch show Famalam made a joke about this, the mixed race couple used to sell products. So it's already a joke in the BAEM community to some extent because of how common it is.

I was just thinking of the response in America when Cheerios had a mixed race couple in an ad.

Weirdly I don't hear about people in America flipping out about ads that feature black families or interracial groups of friends. Just when they show a white woman married to a black man.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
When the opening ceremony of the UK Olympics aired with a mixed race couple the Daily Heil flipped out about it to. So it's not just an American thing.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Are the stereotypes the same about black people in the UK as the US? I never knew there was black vs white racism on a large scale in the UK like there is here, although I don't know why I thought that. Most of the racism I always hear about there is against Indians.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Are the stereotypes the same about black people in the UK as the US? I never knew there was black vs white racism on a large scale in the UK like there is here, although I don't know why I thought that. Most of the racism I always hear about there is against Indians.

They're very similar really, it's just that we don't have many black people so we need to spread it around a bit. Hence we're racist about Asians and the Chinese as well.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

We have something like twice as many Asian people as we do Black people so the Racisms are distributed proportionally.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

It's very class based. You will get overt flack less for your actual skin colour and more for not speaking and behaving like a white middle class office worker at all times.

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

History Comes Inside! posted:

We have something like twice as many Asian people as we do Black people so the Racisms are distributed proportionally.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
The last big "racists are mad at a commercial" incident I can remember here in the US is within the last year when Procter & Gamble did that ad about "The Talk" and it made white people really loving uncomfortable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Really? As someone in this lovely island by far the most obvious racism is towards anyone that is thought to be Muslim. Indians might get hit in the crossfire because racists aren't very clever. I'd say target number 1 is Muslims with 'immigrant' a close second. Immigrant meaning eastern European, north African or Syrian.