Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Back in Forsaken there was a website that had a nice-looking dynamic graphical timeline showing the myriad daily/weekly/etc. resets in D2. Anyone know what that is?

abraham linksys posted:

i simply only play one character, because i have other video games to play
:hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

the only game I've played where celeb voice actors were worth it was Fallout New Vegas because the characters were so good.

it's usually not worth it, especially in a live game which is supposed to keep getting updates over time

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Roman posted:

the only game I've played where celeb voice actors were worth it was Fallout New Vegas because the characters were so good.

it's usually not worth it, especially in a live game which is supposed to keep getting updates over time

no no no just avoid advancing the plot and kill people off offscreen, that way you can avoid spending money!

also your game’s plot will get really weird and convoluted so you can save a few bucks

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
You don't have to play three times as much if you have three characters. Some would even say it saves you time to have alts, thus freeing up valuable hours for Crysis or whatever the hot new PC game is

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Some would even say it saves you time to have alts

I'll bite, what's the logic supposed to be here

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Doesn't look like there's anything new on Europa this week, at least not yet, save for a t3 engram from the stranger for getting 100 stasis kills off-world.

Last week I unlocked a "empire hunt weekly challenge" but I don't see any sign of it?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Ciaphas posted:

I'll bite, what's the logic supposed to be here

No big trick or anything, but some sources of Powerful Drops are very fast and easy (do a 1250 Nightfall for 2 powerful rewards) while some are very slow (do 2 Empire Hunts). Since your characters practically share power levels, I can get the 50 point power climb done in a sliver of the time by just doing the sources I find fast and/or fun on my characters, and can skip the tedious ones!

I got to 1230 true in about 20 hours of gameplay last week. Getting to 1250 should only take another 8 hours or so.

Oxyclean posted:

Doesn't look like there's anything new on Europa this week, at least not yet, save for a t3 engram from the stranger for getting 100 stasis kills off-world.

Last week I unlocked a "empire hunt weekly challenge" but I don't see any sign of it?

Yeah there's something hosed up with that. It's supposed to be visible when you have an Empire Hunt quest active, but sometimes it's not. It's just "do 2 empire hunts" for a powerful reward. i think later in the season we continue to upgrade Variks and make his hunts more rewarding & more powerful, like the Magic Trash Compactor in drifter's room last season

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Oxyclean posted:

there's a second penguin to be found :v:

suspect we might get some stuff revealed after the first raid completion. lots left to be done given all the triumphs, not sure that they'd really mete it out slowly given that's what the season is for

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Any pointers for Ice-Titan in PvP?
Im going insane in the moments im not frozen, which isnt very often...

Ice Wall Grenade + Sliding into it with the Aspect = Dead Guardians.

You can even slide through enemy ice and kill them with it.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Get your big actor for the main story campaign, resolve their plotline in said campaign, and then have them return to their home planet / go to a big farm upsate at the end.

Maybe at least have them record a few 'yes' 'no' 'what's this' and 'scanning' lines in case you need to cobble together an absolute basic presence for them later, and then you don't have tonal weirdness like Ghost suddenly being absolutely silent during House of Wolves.

Or you know, hire one of the hundreds of voice actors who would be happy for the work.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Get your big actor for the main story campaign, resolve their plotline in said campaign, and then have them return to their home planet / go to a big farm upsate at the end.

Maybe at least have them record a few 'yes' 'no' 'what's this' and 'scanning' lines in case you need to cobble together an absolute basic presence for them later, and then you don't have tonal weirdness like Ghost suddenly being absolutely silent during House of Wolves.

Or you know, hire one of the hundreds of voice actors who would be happy for the work.

the did this with ana bray and then had to get her a new voice actor when they wanted to bring her back lol

though it wasn't a stunt cast originally so it wasn't nearly so difficult to replace

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Oxyclean posted:

Are we expecting a Dreaming City-esque change after the raid completion?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

CottonWolf posted:

if completing the raid breaks the sunsetting curse then I’m reinstalling baby

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

CottonWolf posted:

Not sure, we definitely know there is something to come based on datamines and stuff, and I would be surprised if narratively it was a discovery in the Deep Stone Crypt.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I guess we'll see then!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Destiny is already heading down the road of no voice work. Most of the narrative is a big wall of text and an enormous exposition dump, while the NPC says "I can't believe it... the secrets.. all along... were right in front of me?"

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

personally, im excited for destiny: the visual novel

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It's called MANGA, Jeff, and you can't tell me to stop reading them at the dinner table because you're not even my real dad

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Destiny is already heading down the road of no voice work. Most of the narrative is a big wall of text and an enormous exposition dump, while the NPC says "I can't believe it... the secrets.. all along... were right in front of me?"

While I liked Asher I got a big lol out of how they wrote him later like how after apparently months of thought he figures out that the Pyramid ships want to take or do something to the Pyramidion and this giant brain thought put him way ahead of everyone else. No poo poo. At least Sloane and Vance had the excuse of "I don't give a poo poo I'm putting on this hosed up bestial power armor and going out with a bang" and "I don't give a poo poo I'm going to tear the eyes out of all the other mes" respectively.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
So if you nope out of an exo stranger quest after youve read the insane shopping list she wrote for you, you cant take another quest instead.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Yolomon Wayne posted:

So if you nope out of an exo stranger quest after youve read the insane shopping list she wrote for you, you cant take another quest instead.

She doesn't have time to explain why she doesn't have time to write another list

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Does there really have to be sbbm in Mayhem of all modes? I joined this game near the end so I didn't have to deal with it much but it was very laggy.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Mill Village posted:

Does there really have to be sbbm in Mayhem of all modes? I joined this game near the end so I didn't have to deal with it much but it was very laggy.
I thought they removed SBMM from everything except competitive a few months ago? Unless I missed something in the BL patch notes

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

There's literally no evidence that SBMM is back.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I don't know, a screenshot from a single bad game is pretty damning evidence. I for one am convinced.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Skill based lobby balancing yes, but only Survival (and gambit lol) uses skill based match making

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Rubellavator posted:

Someone said that a line from the playlist description that says it prioritises connections has been removed, but that's about it.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Rubellavator posted:

I guess I just had an anomaly in matchmaking then. I'm not really sure why I would get a lobby like this considering my location.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
How do i get more Varix missions, ive done 3/3/1 sabotages and no more are available since last week.
I thought start of new week will have more, but same status.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Mill Village posted:

I guess I just had an anomaly in matchmaking then. I'm not really sure why I would get a lobby like this considering my location.

Join-in-progress uses its own funky form of matchmaking. Bungie acknowledges that it is a disadvantage to have someone quit. They try to balance this by using their SBMM formula to fill the vacant spot with a higher skilled player than the one who left. Because of that, it won't prioritize connection and you'll get matches like that.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

A sunsetting question: is it assumed that next season's gear will have a Power Cap of 1660, as opposed to this season's gear with a Cap of 1410, so that the gear remains relevant for 1 full year and useable with the next expansion (assuming 50 LL increases per season and another 200 for each expansion)?

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Or Ghost complaining to you during story missions about how he's scared of you using the darkness and that you're toeing the edge of danger when in reality you're just mercing some dudes in a fifteen minute mission and occasionally tossing a stasis grenade or two

Like chill out little guy

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Yolomon Wayne posted:

How do i get more Varix missions, ive done 3/3/1 sabotages and no more are available since last week.
I thought start of new week will have more, but same status.

It's presumably gated behind stuff happening on Europa.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah we have to wait and see which streamers become the canonical saviors of the Deep Stone Crypt before Europa comes alive

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Holding out hope for eater of worlds esque upset so we can get some good streamer sadmads

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Psycho Landlord posted:

Holding out hope for eater of worlds esque upset so we can get some good streamer sadmads

You should always hope for streamer sadmads.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

So if you combine Sturm and Drang with the damage boost from freezing someone, Sturm will one-shot you with a headshot in PVP.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

started progressing the triumphs for the "Europan Eclipsed Zone" while running random patrols and public events in whatever the topmost area of Europa is, dunno if that was a bug or Europan Eclipsed Zone is just a fancy word for "when you can't see poo poo because of storms"

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

I haven't played in ages so when my quests sent me into Gambit and the game ended after a single round I actually said out loud "holy poo poo it's playable now".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
https://old.reddit.com/r/raidsecrets/comments/jw275m/mod_duplicate_glitch_for_the_lure/