Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Nothing to do with anything really, but lol nonetheless.

https://twitter.com/pareene/status/1328712538675171328?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Nothing to do with anything really, but lol nonetheless.

https://twitter.com/pareene/status/1328712538675171328?s=19

if you can save $1.43/unit and a few developer hours then having your cars randomly fail is a minor price to pay

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

lol that's the most disingenuous headline/article combo I've seen in a while

"President Trump 'asked senior advisers for options on Iran nuclear strike'"

:aaa:

Oh.

Surely the headline is that Trump was even considering it?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

jabby posted:

https://twitter.com/paulwaugh/status/1328782363409739776
lol even the Starmer backers on the panel voted to re-admit him.

Genuinely surprised that Josan chose to go with the flow. He's one of the furthest right NEC regulars.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

suck my woke dick posted:

if you can save $1.43/unit and a few developer hours then having your cars randomly fail is a minor price to pay

unless it like... lets people repair or otherwise post-purchase alter their cars in which case spend spend spend gotta keep them on the hook for the maintenance contract.

stev posted:

Surely the headline is that Trump was even considering it?

The point is that the article is about a conventional weapons strike on iran's nuclear capability, not a nuclear weapons strike on iran as the headline very strongly implies...

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Apparently my wife's office has a rule that no-one, ever, can take two consecutive weeks or more off as annual leave. How legal is that? I know employers generally hold the cards on when and how leave is taken, would be keen to know what posters who know more about it think

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

They don't randomly fail. It's really predictable.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Apparently my wife's office has a rule that no-one, ever, can take two consecutive weeks or more off as annual leave. How legal is that? I know employers generally hold the cards on when and how leave is taken, would be keen to know what posters who know more about it think

Is it a rule or something unofficial that is just enforced?

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Can't help but think that by keeping Corbyn in the party the right are keeping the whipping boy close by and ready for another round. They'll always have an excuse now.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Quite legal as far as I know. As long as they aren't preventing you from taking holiday at all they can limit consecutive days etc.

Incredibly lovely though. Basically forbidding any employee from ever having a genuine break?

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

I'm pretty sure this is legal, but not certain.

She should check with her union.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Darth Walrus posted:

Genuinely surprised that Josan chose to go with the flow. He's one of the furthest right NEC regulars.

I have a feeling they were shown some pretty compelling legal arguments

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

thespaceinvader posted:

The point is that the article is about a conventional weapons strike on iran's nuclear capability, not a nuclear weapons strike on iran as the headline very strongly implies...

To be fair, dropping a big-rear end bomb on a facility containing a couple of tons of partially enriched uranium wouldn't be great for anyone downwind.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1328786477430566916

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Keir's humiliation is complete. With this entire debacle, he's successfully managed to enrage both the left and right wings - the left because this happened at all, and the right because Corbyn was let back in.

If he'd just let this poo poo lie then the EHRC report would already be a distant memory.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Comrade Fakename posted:

Keir's humiliation is complete. With this entire debacle, he's successfully managed to enrage both the left and right wings - the left because this happened at all, and the right because Corbyn was let back in.

If he'd just let this poo poo lie then the EHRC report would already be a distant memory.

that's what i find so utterly mystifying about all of this. all the entire debacle has done is to further tarnish anyone's positive opinion of him

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

ThomasPaine posted:

I've just set my subs to minimum rates (£2odd/month) and I'm staying put so I keep my internal voting rights. I can just about stomach giving them the price of a half in London every month to keep the pressure on for the little good it'll do, even though I'd likely not vote for them as they are at present.

Also, question about the US system. They have the election in November but the president-elect isn't inaugurated till January. So... maybe a dumb question, but what, exactly, is stopping Trump spending all of December going full salt the earth? I'm guessing nothing, but this seems a significant oversight!

Yeah, nothing I think. The 3 month thing is a relic from the time when a new prez might have to ride to Washington on a horse from the other side of the country, I think.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

WhatEvil posted:

Yeah, nothing I think. The 3 month thing is a relic from the time when a new prez might have to ride to Washington on a horse from the other side of the country, I think.

pretty much. trump can do anything he largely wants to right now that doesn't require any kind of explicit congressional oversight and there's literally nothing stopping him. i can imagine if he's honestly considering running again in 2024 that may stay his hand to some extremely minor degree but honestly i think he's just too busy wailing and gnashing his teeth to bother

he has decided to pull a bunch of us troops out now for some reason

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Comrade Fakename posted:

It's almost as if centrism is an empty ideology offering nothing, but nevertheless telling both sides that neither can have what they want.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its even funnier now if it wasn't actually starmer responsible for suspending him but the right wing dick he made general secretary who spent the 80s kicking leftists out of the party

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/keir_starmer/status/1328793679268634624?s=21

Political interference

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

mediaphage posted:

that's what i find so utterly mystifying about all of this. all the entire debacle has done is to further tarnish anyone's positive opinion of him

Have you considered that Starmer didn't think this through?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

So he doesn't agree with letting Corbyn back in? A painful day? What a load of rubbish.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

What the gently caress? Is he trying to handle this as badly as possible?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Who the gently caress is answering yes I'd like to vote Labour in polls :laffo:

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Have you considered that Starmer didn't think this through?

This is all part of his brilliant plan to trip over his own shoelaces and fall dick first into a wasp nest

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
i'm unbelievably excited for the change uk part 2 campaign

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Lol if you think the melts are leaving the party.

The cuktigs have shown them there is nothing for them outside the party.

They will make a load of noise to try and gain concessions, and starma will give them to them.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

If kier and his supporters had any fuckin backbone they'd have held the party line when this entire fiesta kicked off under corbyn and worked with the party to solve the problem, rather than backstabbing the party as many times as humanely possible and then claim that only he can save it.

Antisemitism is a scourge that needs to be eradicated but literally spreading poo poo so much that people genuinely believe that corbyn is somehow the next hitler who wants to reopen auchwitz and 50% of labour members are pending suspension for antisemitism has done nothing but permanently tarnish the parties image forever. And for what, as a stick to beat corbyn with?

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Starmer police, suspend this man

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Julio Cruz posted:

Starmer police, suspend this man

How has no one else made this joke yet?

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/jessicaelgot/status/1328795969618665481
So he can either:

a) Restore the whip and massively piss off the Right
b) Keep the whip suspended even though the only reason for doing so was the investigation which has now concluded

Might have some tricky questions to answer if he goes the second route considering all his BS about not getting involved in the process.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

lmfao this is the most pathetic display I've ever witnessed

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1328793535781466117?s=19

now that would be funny

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.
loving hell he just can't resist the chance to punch himself in the balls, over, and over, and over again

he isn't a tory plant he's a political masochist

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum
What even is that tweet for? "I know that this has been horrible for you." ...yes? And?

Two paragraphs to say nothing. The tweet equivalent of unflavoured Skips.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

I just realised this is a full tweet thread, so in case anyone else missed it:

quote:

I know that this has been another painful day for the Jewish community and those Labour members who have fought so hard to tackle antisemitism.

I know the hurt that has been caused and the trauma people have felt.

Jeremy Corbyn's statement in response to the EHRC report was wrong and completely distracted from a report that identified unlawful conduct in our tackling of racism within the Labour Party. This should shame us all.

I will not allow a focus on one individual to prevent us from doing the vital work of tackling antisemitism.

When I stood as leader of the Labour Party, I was clear that my first priority would be to root out antisemitism. It still is.

I know we have a long way to go, but I am absolutely resolute in my determination to make the Labour Party a safe place for Jewish people.

I stand by the commitments I made last month to accept the findings and the recommendations of the EHRC’s report in full.

That must mean establishing an independent complaints process as soon as possible in the New Year.

This is my commitment and my promise to our party, the Jewish community and the British people.

what was that the guardian was saying about keir's aims for party unity

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

Labour is populated by two disparate groups with irreconcilable ideologies and until one eradicates the other this stupid dance will go on forever

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

kecske posted:

this stupid dance will go on forever

My wooing technique.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Corbyn was stupid for saying what he said when he said it (what did he expect?), the party was stupid for suspending him. They had to let him back and I’m glad they have, but it’s an absolute fiasco all round.