Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

dis astranagant posted:

Some madlad actually completed a prestige tree mod with a good amount of content. I've been playing it for several days and there's no end in sight. http://raw.githack.com/pg132/The-Modding-Tree/master/index.html

Biggest problem with this one is that there are no autobuy features (at least, not in the time I've managed to play it which is a few hours or so), which is a shame because that was one of the best features of the original.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Ignatius M. Meen posted:

Biggest problem with this one is that there are no autobuy features (at least, not in the time I've managed to play it which is a few hours or so), which is a shame because that was one of the best features of the original.

It has them, but it does wait a little long to give them to you.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
"All right, I have my two characters in Idleon, won't be until I hit 30 on the first before I get the third..."

"... wait, I just got the third and I haven't even hit 20? :confused:"

"Oh poo poo, it's total level! :aaa: "

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Klungar posted:

Do we have a Goon World/Server for Legends of Idleon?

We don't at the moment. There's not enough social features at the moment for it to be too pressing. I do know that eventually there will be guilds and multiplayer dungeons though.

Manyorcas posted:

"All right, I have my two characters in Idleon, won't be until I hit 30 on the first before I get the third..."

"... wait, I just got the third and I haven't even hit 20? :confused:"

"Oh poo poo, it's total level! :aaa: "

Yeah, this is another important thing the game really does not tell you. It's up there with "Luck is the accuracy stat for beginners" and "You can change class on the 3rd map at level 10".

Incidentally, your second class change is on the 3rd map of zone 2. I'm not sure if there's a level requirement, but it feels like you won't be able to get there unless you're at least level 30 anyways.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.

Klungar posted:

Do we have a Goon World/Server for Legends of Idleon?

Until guilds are implemented there's no real reason to play in the same instance but you can hang out with me on carrot #4 if you really want!

Aiming to unlock my 5th character today, I am sold on this premise

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully
I like the game a good bit so far, pretty rough around the edges still (got stuck in a crash loop once I made my second character and had to reinstall) but the premise is cool and it reminds me of chill farming stuff in Runescape and MapleStory. Might wait a few patches for the kinks to get ironed out.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

postmodifier posted:

Until guilds are implemented there's no real reason to play in the same instance but you can hang out with me on carrot #4 if you really want!

Aiming to unlock my 5th character today, I am sold on this premise

I could probably get my 5th character today if I had managed my talent reset potions a little better; as it is, I've got 2 full-time crafters that can't gain levels quickly, and only 6 talent potion fragments.

And it's probably a bit too tough getting my 2 combat characters up to level 45 each.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Arzaac posted:

I could probably get my 5th character today if I had managed my talent reset potions a little better; as it is, I've got 2 full-time crafters that can't gain levels quickly, and only 6 talent potion fragments.

And it's probably a bit too tough getting my 2 combat characters up to level 45 each.

What level did you get your crafters to first? I'm aiming for 20 at the moment.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah 20 was my initial thought for where I should get characters before respec-ing them into crafters, but I think I set my sights a bit too low. I think maybe I should have gotten them at least to the jungle camp so that I could get that extra daily boss key.

And in the future I think it might be prudent to get new characters to their subclass before turning them into full time crafters.

Really it's probably a moving target sort of thing; the further in you get, the easier it is to get your side characters to more important milestones.

Also there might be something to be said about making a mage half-crafter/half-combat. Logging is just way, way easier to level up than mining is.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.
For mages, even, leave them full combat. It's trivial to get logs on alternate characters because of the daily chopping minigame, and the amount you need overall is way less than mining-related materials.

Class levels are worth way more talent points than skill levels, so pushing as high as you can before respeccing to a full crafter build is always worth it. To unlock the fifth character, at a bare minimum, you need 4 people whose main levels are some combination of 33/33/33/31.

I stopped leveling my warrior at 20 originally and respecced it to full mining, and that was a huge mistake. She's a level 18 miner now, but I was really feeling the loss of those extra 30 talent points now that I'm trying to max efficiency on iron ore. Swapped back over to full combat this morning and she's trucking along towards 31, but now I'm down to 2 respec potions and not happy with where that puts me with respect to farming the first boss.

It's likely always better to stay full combat until you get to a comfortable place to push for char #5, you can still mine resources AFK at way lower efficiency even without the relevant skills.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

That's all pretty helpful, thanks. I've been getting my guys to level 8 mining/choppin for the bronze tools then assigning them to mine/chop and leaving it at that. I don't think I realized there was another respec opportunity later down the line.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.
You can respec any time with the appropriate item - when you complete the level 10 quest from Prometheus that lets you pick a class, you get 1 full respec potion and 7 respec shards. 10 shards makes another potion, you can buy 1 shard per day from every shop (there are three shops open as of now).

It's slow and slightly expensive to make new potions in the beginning, so using the full potions you get from new characters sparingly is important. New patch is coming either late today or tomorrow apparently, where a few more potions per character will be awarded to make it a little easier to experiment/reclass.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I didn't realize the potion was a full respec, for some reason I thought they were one point at a time. So that's helpful too! Another question, does your sign choice when you make a character do anything other than give you some points to start out with? Like if I chose the +Strength class when making a character can I respec later and undo whatever I chose then?

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.
Those are fixed with no plans to let you completely reroll a character slot at the moment, so try and match it up to what you intend to have that character do down the line e.g. book worm for a mage, and so forth.

One caveat to that is you may want to roll your second archer with the luck sign if you plan on turning them into a rare drop farmer, but otherwise try and keep em' lined up.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Your sign is pretty unimportant in the long run, tbh. It's a small boost and I imagine it'll only get smaller the longer the game goes on.

Honestly you'll probably be fine picking either your primary stat or your secondary stat.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
This game gives me very mixed min/maxing feelings. On the one hand, I picked luck sign for my first character (warrior) and I feel absolutely no remorse on that option, even if +3 strength does far more for him. On the other hand, the talents give you juuuuust enough info that you REALLY want to know which one is mathmatically The Best but you don't know enough about stat scaling to be sure and it's very :supaburn: deciding them.

My current strategy is:
1) get enough accuracy to 100% hit whatever I'm farming (thanks whoever posted the first bosses hit% numbers)
2) get enough defense to take 0 damage from current mobs
3) max... mainstat? I guess???

Good to know that I won't need the profession talents for a while at least.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

MOM is surely nearby.
You're almost there, mainstat actually sucks for damage, on pretty much every class you want max sharpened axe on the first tab and your dead center skill on the second
Base weapon damage way outscales damage gains from mainstat.

Like, on the order of 3 times as much.

Also try not to spend talent points on accuracy or defense until you absolutely have to, stamps will give you huge flat bonuses and they're account-wide, also every piece of armor can be slotted with stones from the town shop for extra defense in a big way, like +30 defense all told

postmodifier fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 18, 2020

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Eh, you kind of need to spend talent points for accuracy though. Like, when you need 175-200 accuracy, it makes sense to have 30-40 talent points in your secondary stat for accuracy.

Agree that the defense talent is garbage.

Also I'm pretty sure that once you start getting like 150 min damage, it makes sense to start putting points in the % damage talents. Warrior and Mage get the ones that scale off of HP/MP respectively, Archer gets stuck with Gilded Sword.

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
The the Synergism discord make me unreasonable angry so I will ask here.

Is their a best/optimal time to reset my ants?

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

ScottyJSno posted:

The the Synergism discord make me unreasonable angry so I will ask here.

Is their a best/optimal time to reset my ants?

As of a couple patches ago, if you're not doing any kind of offering/obtanium run and just want to consistently sac on a regular basis, I believe most people are just setting the auto-sac timer to 10 real life seconds. It's worked very well for me.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Would the 10 sec resets also be advisable for someone still early on in the game, like first handful of Ascendancies early?

Cinara
Jul 15, 2007
Ant resets scale linear with time after a very short timer, so it doesn't really matter when you reset them.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

KazigluBey posted:

Would the 10 sec resets also be advisable for someone still early on in the game, like first handful of Ascendancies early?

I think so, but don't quote me on that. Back in the day autosacs were on a 15 min timer that you couldn't change because they scaled weirdly until that point; I'm not sure how early game has changed since that went away.

My understanding is that once you're past the 10 real-life second mark now the scaling is purely linear so there's no real difference between, say, sacrificing once at 60 seconds or six times at 10 seconds, but again I can't guarantee that. Fiddle with the times and rebirths and see if you're getting roughly about the same stuff in five minutes at different autosac timers.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
it's 10s in game I thought that the scaling started. I run 10s in game until that's too fast for challenges and then hit 10s irl, then I only press one button

there's no real reason to go longer unless it gets you fragments you wouldn't get but it should be mostly short no more than 10m in game outside offering runs later on in ascrnsions

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Not bad, wish it didn't take away automation every time you come to a new major layer and also that it gave out autobuyers sooner.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 08:25 on Nov 18, 2020

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

dis astranagant posted:

Not bad, wish it didn't take away automation every time you come to a new major layer

Even worse than Prestige Tree itself?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Prestige Tree was pretty decent until the 1.2 update

Not really feeling the mod, took ages just to get to the 2nd layer. It also doesn't show the requirements for successive layers or even show them at all so you have no idea how long you need to grind to get to the next bit
Also having to buy 75 Incrementy Speed manually every time i reset the first layer, yeah no miss me with that.

Ineptitude fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Nov 18, 2020

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
I asked earlier, but what's the trick to getting the secret drops from the Exile Titan in NGU?

I have all of his basic gear at level 100 (and fully boosted if that matters).

I read that something else is now supposed to drop which in turn let's you trigger something to have another chest piece drop or something too.

To be honest I don't even know if it's worth trying to get them instead of just ploughing on into the next zone.

I'm assuming I'm nearing the end of Evil now. All my evil NGUs are finally capped, so every rebirth is just gonna make my wishes go faster.

Is it best to wait until I've got all evil stuff like challenges, PP rewards, Q rewards and wishes out of the way before hitting sadistic or is that a bit unnecessary?

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Kin posted:

I asked earlier, but what's the trick to getting the secret drops from the Exile Titan in NGU?

To unlock the secret drop:

Max Exile gear for the set bonus.
Exile will now drop his nuts. This item has a flat 2% chance to drop from any version.
Assemble them like this, on the same slots as before. Reference image
Control click the unprotected Face of the Exile item, again while in the Sewers. A message will tell you that something has changed about the Exile.
The Exile can now drop his secret drop. This item has 0.0001% base chance to drop from any version (see The Exile#Loot for details). Good luck!

From the wiki

Malmesbury Monster
Nov 5, 2011

In Legends of Idleon, feels like my bank is slowly filling with statues I can't do anything with. Roughly when/where should I expect to be able to start using those? For reference I only have two characters - have been playing mostly idle/non-optimally.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Buy the hammer and chisel from the shop and give it to the block of marble. That unlocks statues' use.

Waltchelg
Jan 21, 2009

You can unlock the statues npc by buying the chisel from the store in town for something like 32 silver.

I'm at 5 char slots and have hit the point where things slow down a lot. Currently farming gigafrogs for their horns for the anvil's second tab unlock. From what others have said the recipes in there are pretty insane.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

I just unlocked my 4th player in Idleon, I have a Warrior Main, Warrior Miner, and Mage Chopper. Should I get an Archer to have at least one of each class, even if having a specialized Smither isn't super important? Get another Mage for Alchemy?

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Yeah I'd make an archer. Even if not for smithing, you can use him for catching or as a rare drop farmer.

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

NGU:
Sitting at the end of current content, finally. Please, 4G, finish the content and release me from this prison. It is insane how long I've been messing with this game.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Waltchelg posted:

I'm at 5 char slots and have hit the point where things slow down a lot. Currently farming gigafrogs for their horns for the anvil's second tab unlock. From what others have said the recipes in there are pretty insane.

Man, on this note, actually getting to gigafrogs is rough. I'm gonna be farming planks for so long...

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Speaking of ngu current content, with the new project being worked on is NGU idle done being updated or is there plans for one more patch and thats it or something? Has it been said?

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

Agent355 posted:

Speaking of ngu current content, with the new project being worked on is NGU idle done being updated or is there plans for one more patch and thats it or something? Has it been said?

4g is switching back and forth between them. This last week had a patch for NGU-I, so now he's working on an update for NGU. I think he said he wanted to do this until there was at least a certain amount of content in NGU-I, then fully complete NGU, then go back to completely focusing on NGU-I.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

LoI, the idea the thread has put forward is that you should get some combat focused characters first and farmers after? So like, how correct/wrong is it to go 1 war/arch/mage first and then do like one of each focused on their respective farming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Well it's...complicated. The problem entirely is that by far, the best source of talent points is from main character level. But if you level a character as a pure crafter, it's really hard to get combat experience. Sure, there's a special talent that allows you to convert crafting exp into main exp, but it's not very efficient (I think it maxes out at around 25% of your experience gained?) and you gain far less crafting experience in the first place.

So I think, ideally, you level characters as fighters for as long as you can, and respec them into crafters when you really need them to be. Which I think right now is around when you unlock subclasses, as you'll need those subclass points if you want to get anywhere with fishing and catching.

Thankfully, respeccing isn't too difficult. You effectively get 3/10 talent reset potions every day, and 1.6 talent reset potions every time you make a new character. So as long as you aren't too wasteful with them, it'll end up being okay. Also, allegedly in the near future every character is gonna get more talent reset potions to begin with, to allow for some more experimentation.

Arzaac fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Nov 18, 2020