Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

zegermans posted:

Elizabeth Warren's hail mary superpac that was literally just one Silicon Valley #girlboss throwing away 3 million dollars to keep her in the race through super tuesday

liz warren in general and every grotesque dogbrained pmc husk of a person that liked her for any reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

so pmc...that doesn't mean private military corporation?

kojima poisoned my brain

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Private Military Contractors and the Professional Managerial Class both make me want to cauterize out my Primary Motor Cortex

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Crazycryodude posted:

Private Military Contractors and the Professional Managerial Class both make me want to cauterize out my Primary Motor Cortex

vincegettinghorny.gif

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

An insane mind posted:

The time Obama dared to get dijon mustard

It was Grey Poupon and Hannity chewed on that bone for like a week

Grey Poupon is a Kraft product and is made in the US

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

sleep with the vicious posted:

when some random nobody democrat pac grifter got married and had ruth bader ginsburg as the officiant and nobody wore masks, and she posted it to twitter and said "my wedding was NOTORIOUS", and then rbg died two weeks later almost certainly of covid and it was completely covered up by the (fake news crooked) media, and then she closed her twitter, and then trump nominated some federalist monster to the supreme court, and tons of dem grifting morons posted on twitter the equivalent of "if Cena wins, WE RIOT" with posts like "we will raise hell like never seen before", then at a republican reception for the new judge all the top republicans caught covid including president donald trump, then the entire trump covid saga, then trump said he was immune like mr burns having every possible disease so he is invincible, then the republicans got the judge confirmed with no problems, and the dems turned over and dropped it without raising any hell while d&d argued about court-packing, then everyone just moved on and doesn't even talk about it any more

what a stupid selfish bitch

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

Marx Was A Lib posted:

Yeah now it stands for "Little Eichmann" because calling them exactly what they are would be a little too real

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Mr. Lobe posted:

to be fair, it accomplished its objective with aplomb

arguably it was a decisive factor between sinking sanders or no

then again I wouldn't put it past sanders to have capitulated anyways

Keeping her in definitely didn't help Bernie but its really unlikely it was decisive. If i remember right you have to allocate Warren voters like 70/30 to Bernie/Biden to make a major difference on super tuesday, and anything better than 55/45 is very optimistic about the actual leftiness of your average Warren supporter.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Once again I will ask politely, what the gently caress is this. I am legit triggered by whatever the gently caress this is supposed to be. It's so bad.

This is like the loving murals at the Denver Airport where you don't know what's going on but in your heart you feel something isn't right with whatever it is you're looking at.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Keeping her in definitely didn't help Bernie but its really unlikely it was decisive. If i remember right you have to allocate Warren voters like 70/30 to Bernie/Biden to make a major difference on super tuesday, and anything better than 55/45 is very optimistic about the actual leftiness of your average Warren supporter.

those numbers probably change if she endorsed him and had started campaigning for him and stuff

Schmeichy
Apr 22, 2007

2spooky4u

Smellrose

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Once again I will ask politely, what the gently caress is this. I am legit triggered by whatever the gently caress this is supposed to be. It's so bad.

This is like the loving murals at the Denver Airport where you don't know what's going on but in your heart you feel something isn't right with whatever it is you're looking at.

It reminds me of Midsommar

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Marx Was A Lib posted:

kojima poisoned my brain

I probably shouldn't toss it around willy-nilly because some extremely online twitter types seem to be devising an extremely stupidpol ideology that mostly revolves around twitter blue checks being the ultimate cause of all agony and "pmc" is their little watchword and I wouldn't want to be lumped in with them

but otherwise it's nice shorthand for over-educated "woke" conservative democrats that launder their reactionary views in faux-academic idpol language

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

It's Andrew Cuomo's self-perception of his leadership during the COVID 19 pandemic.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

I probably shouldn't toss it around willy-nilly because some extremely online twitter types seem to be devising an extremely stupidpol ideology that mostly revolves around twitter blue checks being the ultimate cause of all agony and "pmc" is their little watchword and I wouldn't want to be lumped in with them

but otherwise it's nice shorthand for over-educated "woke" conservative democrats that launder their reactionary views in faux-academic idpol language

it's easier to type on a phone keyboard than petit bourgeois

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I’ve never typed on a petit bourgeois

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

mrmcd posted:

it's easier to type on a phone keyboard than petit bourgeois

Technically petite bourgeois are owners who have to work while PMC are labor aristocracy

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

It's so weird I had to buy it just to own this weird outsider art. just such a victory lap before the pandemic is even over

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

theflyingexecutive posted:

It's so weird I had to buy it just to own this weird outsider art. just such a victory lap before the pandemic is even over

Yeah when was this made, in April? Tag yourself, I'm "Boyfriend Cliff" on account of that fuckin sweet blue GTO that Cliff is driving

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

theflyingexecutive posted:

Order your own through the Governor's website: https://www.governor.ny.gov/new-york-tough-poster

Which contains this horrifying quote from Cuomo himself that implies there's more of these posters out there and that this is the result of constant practice.

quote:

I love history. I love poster art. Poster art is something they did in the early 1900s, late 1800s, when they had to communicate their whole platform on one piece of paper. Over the past few years I’ve done my own posters that capture that feeling. I did a new one for what we went through with COVID and I think the general shape is familiar to you. We went up the mountain, we curved the mountain, we came down the other side and these are little telltale signs that, to me, represent what was going on.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

DMCrimson posted:

Order your own through the Governor's website: https://www.governor.ny.gov/new-york-tough-poster

Which contains this horrifying quote from Cuomo himself that implies there's more of these posters out there and that this is the result of constant practice.

wow i thought just some random crazy person made it, did cuomo make this??

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

wow i thought just some random crazy person made it, did cuomo make this??

yes!!! yes he did!!!!!! it's insane

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQq118cDqE4

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Tulip posted:

The weirdos on twitter describing how this schmuck made them incredibly loving horny.

This entire trend of libs having to be weirdly performatively horny for whoever the politician du jour is. Calf cramping and such.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

DMCrimson posted:

What the gently caress I thought this was just some random Twitter person with swiss cheese brain. Are those his kids and his dog then?

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

EUROPEANS
JAN-MAR
3 MILLION
COVID-19

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

sat on my keys! posted:

yes!!! yes he did!!!!!! it's insane

HNRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR WHAT THE gently caress

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I promise you can enter username:GalacticAcid Cuomo into the forums search bar and find nothing but seething hate. I despise the guy entirely. BUT: I love these dumb posters and his zeal for 1890s style political art is like the one humanizing feature that he has lol

Here’s an interview with the guy who made them —> https://gothamist.com/arts-entertainment/meet-brooklyn-artist-paid-manifest-cuomos-manic-late-night-fever-dreams

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Reminder that Mario Cuomo, the don of the Cuomo Family, ran against Ed Koch under the slogan Vote for Cuomo, Not the Homo. I'm sure he taught his boys well.

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

Crazycryodude posted:

What the gently caress I thought this was just some random Twitter person with swiss cheese brain. Are those his kids and his dog then?

skill testing question: what is the "boyfriend cliff" in that image?

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Reminder that Mario Cuomo, the don of the Cuomo Family, ran against Ed Koch under the slogan Vote for Cuomo, Not the Homo. I'm sure he taught his boys well.

What’s sad is cuomo was still the plainly better option

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

sat on my keys! posted:

I have no idea and I get the feeling it's better off that way

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

GalacticAcid posted:

What’s sad is cuomo was still the plainly better option

I am making the "Tails gets trolled" face irl

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Lol Koch was an abominable man

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Platystemon posted:

Ahmed’s cool clock

Richard Dawkins getting all huffy about how Ahmed didn't really make a clock and telling people off for congratulating him

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

sat on my keys! posted:

https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1252012223435886593

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
I’ll never think about meat balls the same way again

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

those numbers probably change if she endorsed him and had started campaigning for him and stuff

why would she do that tho

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Cuomo has made, like, I think 3 insane posters including the covid one? Dude loves a good poster.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Here are the other two lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Tag urself. I'm "NY yogurt world's best".