Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

More wrestlers should have the reaction at winning a match that Leva has

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lanky_Nibz
Apr 30, 2008

We will never be rid of these stars. But I hope they live forever.
Eh it looked like Ivalisse was no-selling that whole match. Something was definitely off, it kept all breaking down whenever she was in the ring lol.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
Of all the names you could pick, Jennacide is certainly one of them. Cool wrestler though. Dreamgirl Ellie was good too.

I also enjoy Leva's capering, for lack of a better term.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Darkthoughts

Ricky Starks on commentary. His shirt is AWOL.

1) TNT vs Chaos Project. Getting some strong GoD vibes from TNT. I think Luther is finally loosening up and getting into his tag team role. He's sincerely limited, but if he's just used for weird poo poo he's actually okay. The bit where Serpentico was refusing to go to the top rope was fun. I'm still waiting for more from TNT. The crawl to the corner was not good. There's more to see here and I look forward to it.

2) The Acclaimed vs Louie Valle and Justin Blax. Create-a-wrestler-rear end gear going on here. Bowens and Caster look great. Having the beat come out of their theme works great. Confident and fun tag work from The Acclaimed. Starting these guys off as heels works well for getting them over quickly, but there is some powerful face energy waiting to come out here.

3) Top Flight vs Baron Black and Frankie Thomas. Baron Black has a king hat. Frankie Thomas is hang dog as hell. Top Flight come out looking like signed guys. Top Flight are smooth as hell and get huge air. I wonder if this is a test of their ability to run a match. If so, this looked a bit scruffy all over but not too bad. The standing Spanish fly was insane. The setup for the corner dropkick was indieriffic but this was fun.

Continental Peter Avalon having a private dinner in obviously an elevator was fun.

4) The Captain Shawn Dean and Adam Priest versus TH2. New gear for Shawn Dean, looks like. Dean is such a good hand, everyone looks good against him because he knows how to enhance. That lungblower move Dean has is a killer. Fun match, with TH2 looking effective and Dean showing some skills. Adam Priest was theoretically also in this match.

5) Ashton Starr and David Ali vs LUCHA BROS, MEXI KINGS, ZERO MIEDO, MEET YOU IN THE RING. Starr's look is wild. This is an absolute poo poo kicking, which is fun.

6) Dani Jordyn vs Leva Bates. Give Jordyn 30 seconds in on video before the match to walk us through each entry in the burn book. Like Leva's new music. Fun character work, would be even more fun if we could see the book. The match will trouble no five star lists, but it's fun. Leva gets a singles win, which is nice.

7) Fuego Del Sol vs Alan 5 Angels. Fuego has become a favourite of mine largely through Sammy's vlog. Whoo! Fast start! Angels is such a solid junior heavyweight fightyguy. The Tornado DDT gag is great. Fuego now has the best losing streak in wrestling.

8) Dreamgirl Ellie and Jennacide vs Las Sicarias. Absolutely love the look of Ellie and Jenna. 80s Joshi as hell. Jenna has some real power. We need another AEW women's division hoss. This is a fun match. Ellie and Jenna clearly have skills and I'd like to see them back. A David / Goliath match with Jenna and Red Velvet could be fun.

9) Bad Romance vs Jurassic Express. Marko Stunt in Slap Shot glasses. Turns out that he's not illiterate. This match is as wild and fun as you might expect. Oof, that stuff on the floor was incredibly awkward. Overall a good match but I was hoping for great.

Not a bad show, and some solid enhancement wins. Sign Jenna and Ellie.

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties
That ducked spin kick into a pump kick sequence from Luther genuinely got a "wow" out of me. I didn't realize he was that spry.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Zombie Lemur posted:

That ducked spin kick into a pump kick sequence from Luther genuinely got a "wow" out of me. I didn't realize he was that spry.

The trick is to do that really early in a match while he still has some gas in the tank. Fun match, though. Pointm'n and Snakem'n are figuring their team identity out and doing some cool, unique stuff.

edit: it also helps that it's November, so it's not 90 degrees out and humid as gently caress during tapings.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

CombineThresher posted:

The trick is to do that really early in a match while he still has some gas in the tank. Fun match, though. Pointm'n and Snakem'n are figuring their team identity out and doing some cool, unique stuff.

edit: it also helps that it's November, so it's not 90 degrees out and humid as gently caress during tapings.

We're in the narrow Goldilocks zone between "it was too hot and Luther got gassed" and "it was too cold and Luther got arthritis"

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

CombineThresher posted:

Yeah I think this is making a big difference.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I'm extremely behind in dark but I just saw Caster rapping with the backing music and man that ruled.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

hooman posted:

I'm extremely behind in dark but I just saw Caster rapping with the backing music and man that ruled.

such a small tweak but it really fixes it.

Next step is letting him and Shook Crew do proper callout videos.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Lamuella posted:

We're in the narrow Goldilocks zone between "it was too hot and Luther got gassed" and "it was too cold and Luther got arthritis"

Speaking as someone with arthritis, oldm'n Luther's flexible hips fill me with an envy I'm not used to. Dude's suplexes have a lot of snap.

Jordan7hm posted:

Yeah I think this is making a big difference.

It's noticeably improved the roster's ringwork across the board, I've noticed.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Leva Bates has a more credible cross-face than Miro and that's delightful.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
it's awesome how many young poc you see competing in AEW, as well as wrestlers comfortable being out as LGBTQ, just a random thought that struck me watching dark

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

smarxist posted:

it's awesome how many young poc you see competing in AEW, as well as wrestlers comfortable being out as LGBTQ, just a random thought that struck me watching dark

Yeah there were at least four queer performers, all of whom are BIPOC, on the card last night and it didn't come up because it's just an ordinary fact. Really awesome to see.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

rantmo posted:

Yeah there were at least four queer performers, all of whom are BIPOC, on the card last night and it didn't come up because it's just an ordinary fact. Really awesome to see.
Wait, really? That’s awesome! Which ones? (Besides Sonny Kiss, obviously.)

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Sonny, Diamante, Anthony Bowens, and Ashton Starr.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Ellie had a bit of a Yuka Sakazaki crossed with Ginyu Force thing going on, and I can never hate that

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
arenaline,
in my soul
marking out forr
fuego del sol

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Lamuella posted:

The second AEW show is just an hour of Luther, Jericho, Daniels and Dustin Rhodes rubbing their knees and ankles and talking about how it's going to rain.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

I wonder if Fuego is genuinely getting over enough that they're starting to sweat that they're actually going to have to sign him (and deal with all the cripplings that will come from his prolific use of the tornado DDT)?

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

If he gets over I think they would probably be happy to sign him?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
the Cody rub is real as gently caress

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

Wezlar posted:

If he gets over I think they would probably be happy to sign him?

QT loving hates that guy.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Anthony Bowens has a kickass theme. Feels like it would fit at the end of a Marvel movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niBlW232ouA

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
Further catching up on Dark. Watching John Silver come into his own in the ring, and in his character work has been an absolute joy.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Get your “who’s secretly signed” speculation revving based on who is and isn’t on this official group poster for this week’s card:
https://twitter.com/aew/status/1328699919826378758?s=21

Mainly surprised that Tesha Price made the graphic, but Alex Gracia didn’t. Also interesting how large KiLynn King is, acknowledging I don’t know if the person making this graphic does it with any idea of what’s going down on the show.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Do we know what this is
https://twitter.com/RealBrittBaker/status/1328821404662370304?s=19

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Britt has a talk show now, there are spoilers floating around about the content.TK clarified that it was shot for Dark and not Dynamite.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

it's a new interview segment according to that guy who leaks stuff from AEW

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The description of it from the spoilers sounds hilarious so I can't wait to see it.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

the baby steps towards making Dark a real show continue

(which is going to piss off some people I know who are Dynamite-only)

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Figures that it was actually taped for Dark, knew it wasn't realistic that TH2 would actually be granted a chance to talk on Dynamite.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Waiting Room is a really good name for a dentist themed talk show. She should make her guests fill out all their answers on forms.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

It should also air 45 minutes after the scheduled time with no explanation.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i hope it goes full Between Two Ferns

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

TRIPLE GUNN-GUN

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

MORE Gunns!?!

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

billy and his Large Adult Gunns

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Colton for the dark order

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

John Dudebro posted:

billy and his Large Adult Gunns

:golfclap: