Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

track day bro! posted:

Don't you have to visit for them to be trapped in the random void or we. Am still open btw, but I do want to play some ring fit in a bit.

Nah, I have to work until 10:30 tonight and I started at loving 8 AM so I am not going to do poo poo once I interview this next beige nincompoop who can't understand loving Zoom. Um, I mean, thanks but I'm really busy tonight and won't make it.

BTW the RingCon is NOT an anal trainer. You...know that...right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

My hypothesis was correct. I got a Maple Leaf DIY recipe but didn’t learn it, so Isabelle gave me the maple leaf announcement this morning and I got the red leaf pile. I now have that, the Leaf Stool and Maple Leaf Pochette. Nice, these recipes are refreshingly common unlike those fall bounty ones :argh: still need the acorn pochette

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Zuzie posted:

That's Pavé the Peacock and yes he's the main host of AC's equivalent to Carnivale

Hang on I thought Pavé was for Mardi Gras. A quick and dirty Wikipedia lookup turned up a TV show called Carnivale, which I assume isn't right.

What is Carnivale then?

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

It's a Festivale for the rest of usle:

https://animalcrossing.fandom.com/wiki/Festivale

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
"Leaf stool" makes me think of deer poop.

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt

Silver Falcon posted:

Hang on I thought Pavé was for Mardi Gras. A quick and dirty Wikipedia lookup turned up a TV show called Carnivale, which I assume isn't right.

What is Carnivale then?

Different name for Mardi Gras

Spellman
May 31, 2011

App will be convenient for finishing the Able's catalog

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

"Leaf stool" makes me think of deer poop.

I made that joke, too. “Leaf stool, that’s like when you eat a lot of leaves right?”

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
and you get a Mush Stool when you don't eat enough, I guess.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Can't find a straight answer on this but: If you get a visitor to your campsite, can you get them to leave?

It's not my first campsite visitor. My island isn't full yet. I haven't set aside land to sell for new residents yet either.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Crain posted:

Can't find a straight answer on this but: If you get a visitor to your campsite, can you get them to leave?

It's not my first campsite visitor. My island isn't full yet. I haven't set aside land to sell for new residents yet either.

So long as they aren't your first campsite visitor, just leave them alone and they'll be gone the next day. The first one will be smug and will be there every day until you bring them in, and after that you can just ignore who you hate.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

J-Spot posted:

The storage upgrade is the most exciting addition for me.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I dumped all my clothing for storage space for the last month and then they add so much more space :negative:

CherryCola
Apr 15, 2002

'ahtaj alshifa
I've been camping the balloon spawn and all I'm getting are hats I already have. fml

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Honestly there's only one specific DIY recipe I absolutely gotta get by the end of the year and it's this one.

I don't even care that it's a part of a catch-all Festive Series.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

When is Festive Season? Next month?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Opening up Isla Sorna for a while why I try to catch the sea pig (again :bang:) go AFK
Bunch of free stuff and a few DIYs laying around
CJ is here and you can buy whatever you want from the shops

Celeste finally decided to show up too, she's stuck at the pier

Dodo Code: closed

The Door Frame fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Nov 18, 2020

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

When is Festive Season? Next month?

Yeah sometime next month.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Leif brought tulips at last. Now I have all the flowers.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Gonna be opening up for a little while, since Redd has a spare Nice Painting I feel someone ought to have. see the PGS thread.

ed: closed, and thank you!

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Nov 18, 2020

Steric Hindrance
Sep 29, 2018

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Gonna be opening up for a little while, since Redd has a spare Nice Painting I feel someone ought to have. see the PGS thread.

Thanks! Left you a message on your notice board.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Anyone have an idea of how many DIYs use the red maple leaves? So far we have the leaf pile and the bigger tree, and we caught something like forty leaves in the past two days.

EDIT: Being that we can still pick mushrooms, are mushroom DIYs still dropping from balloons? Or would we have to find someone with extras at this point?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Anyone have an idea of how many DIYs use the red maple leaves? So far we have the leaf pile and the bigger tree, and we caught something like forty leaves in the past two days.

EDIT: Being that we can still pick mushrooms, are mushroom DIYs still dropping from balloons? Or would we have to find someone with extras at this point?

Here ya go.

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

There are 9 maple leaf recipes, here’s a list of them. I spent a while farming balloons yesterday and I did get a few mushroom recipes, and even one from the acorns & pinecones set. So they are still available, though I did notice that the majority were from the maple leaf set. There may be a priority weight given to that set, assuming I’m not just reading patterns into pure chance.

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

drat, that is a nice infographic. Also... I better keep on top of catching these maple leaves!

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Thanks for all the info friends!

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

DIYs for those can only be found in ballons right? Your villagers won't teach you?

I'm still at zero for mushroom/leaf designs

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Julia has been camped outside my house for THREE DAYS STRAIGHT because she is obsessed with my statues. She won't leave and it's getting creepy.

https://twitter.com/pox_please/status/1329067141627219968?s=19

THREE DAYS OF THIS

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Poque posted:

Julia has been camped outside my house for THREE DAYS STRAIGHT because she is obsessed with my statues. She won't leave and it's getting creepy.

THREE DAYS OF THIS

Please don't be mean to Julia

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Look I just need my space

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Hobo Clown posted:

DIYs for those can only be found in ballons right? Your villagers won't teach you?

I'm still at zero for mushroom/leaf designs

I'd like to know this too. I still want to mush lamp.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Poque posted:

THREE DAYS OF THIS

Put up some statues in her yard and she’ll spend more time there.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

How do balloon spawns work? This guide says they should spawn at :4 and :9 and should be from one side of the island with a changeover at sundown, but I feel like Im only seeing them at :4.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Oxyclean posted:

How do balloon spawns work? This guide says they should spawn at :4 and :9 and should be from one side of the island with a changeover at sundown, but I feel like Im only seeing them at :4.

It’s not a guaranteed spawn. I’d guess it’s slightly more than a 50% chance but they can definitely spawn every five minutes if you’re lucky.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

You can force the game to spawn balloons, they spawn at times that end in 4 or 9 so :04, :09, :14, :19 etc and if you pop a balloon then go into a building for a few seconds then exit the game will almost always spawn another balloon at the next spawn time. They take about 60-90 seconds to reach the shore after spawning. That’s how I’ve gotten almost all of the fall & mushroom DIY’s.

Thank you for this info.

But now I want to know if you also experience the phenomena I did putting what you said to work where if you get a DIY to drop immediately after you got one from the previous balloon that there's a high chance it's the exact same one. Like not just from the same seasonal series I'm talking the same exact wall. Like the presents are coded in such a way that if the RNG lands on "Give them a DIY" within that ten to fifteen minute time frame that it's always gonna be that specific DIY during that time?

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

Yeah, it’s random. In the last half hour I’ve gotten:

Balloon
Balloon
No Balloon
No Balloon
Balloon
No Balloon

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

3 concurrent seasonal events and I'm getting my nth recipe for large cardboard boxes? :negative:

At least I'm not missing much with the tree's bounty and leaves.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Thank you for this info.

But now I want to know if you also experience the phenomena I did putting what you said to work where if you get a DIY to drop immediately after you got one from the previous balloon that there's a high chance it's the exact same one. Like not just from the same seasonal series I'm talking the same exact wall. Like the presents are coded in such a way that if the RNG lands on "Give them a DIY" within that ten to fifteen minute time frame that it's always gonna be that specific DIY during that time?

I’ve never experienced that, but you can certainly get duplicates. From my experience it does seem to be weighted more toward giving you new ones. Yesterday three balloons in a row gave me new maple leaf recipes.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

If anyone's missing these seasonal DIYs, I have a spare Acorn Pochette, Pine Bonsai, Traditional Balancing Toy, Tree's Bounty Lamp and a Spooky Fence (in case someone completely missed Halloween).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.
I farmed balloons for about an hour and a half two days ago and got 2 new mushroom recipes.

Then I farmed for an hour yesterday and got no recipes at all; 100% furniture or clothing I already have except one balloon, which had 5,000 bells.

I had no idea there were quite that many fall recipes. I really wish the sole distribution system for them wasn't balloons.