Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Vim Fuego posted:

The immodium thread in question- from E/N in 2014

I watched my husband die last night.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3682018

drat, some brutal replies

Goons weren't always tremendous pussies lol. Meditate on this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

lol keeping this one

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Smythe posted:

Lol shaddup you dork

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Vim Fuego posted:

The immodium thread in question- from E/N in 2014

I watched my husband die last night.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3682018

drat, some brutal replies

Thank you for posting this. I learned a little bit more about how people try to get high. :drugnerd:

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?
don’t be boofing the tooting drug

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

TCC is indeed quite something

it is one hell of an educative resource as a catalog of experiences of drugs going bad in amazingly awful and different ways

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

redleader posted:

tcc is fuckin wild. they're on a completely different level to the rest of the forums

harm reduction forum

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
someone post the skeleton lsd quote tia

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Kitfox88 posted:

someone post the skeleton lsd quote tia

its really amazing how the actions of goons and mods are so freaking far beyond the pale that its actually impossible for a bystander to believe.

proposal: i am going to make an environmentally sustainable yoga retreat in hawaii

reality: a y2k survivalist paid goons a "food stipend" to help me clearcut a rainforest, dig a road by hand, torture and mutilate animals to death on camera, and bathe in/drink from an improperly filtered kiddy pool that wild hogs poo poo and pissed in

proposal: i am going to make a fun zipline for kids at camp

reality: a goon spent tens of thousands of dollars constructing a machine that kills children, entirely by accident

proposal: a fad diet thread in the exercise forum

reality: a mentally ill man resembling a melted candle, the pied piper of ham joints, told people that eating nothing but eggs and bacon and lard in paint buckets (they were literally buying and eating buckets full of lard in the name of good health) would not only make them lose weight, but was so healthy it would cure heart disease and cancer. an enormous fat powerlifter who cant run for 20 seconds probated and banned anyone who challenged this wisdom until it lead to a man barely in his 20s being prescribed statins.

proposal: a thread about animal husbandry in the pet forum

reality: a moderator unrepentantly killed animals with ac/dc hadoukens and probated people who asked questions

proposal: a forum for "responsible drug users" and "harm reduction"

reality: a man falls through the earth and into parisian catacombs. taking a torch from the wall he spies row upon row of skeletons. grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling "my nigga have u tried lsd"

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

That last one is just good wholesome fun

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

World War Mammories posted:

proposal: a forum for "responsible drug users" and "harm reduction"

reality: a man falls through the earth and into parisian catacombs. taking a torch from the wall he spies row upon row of skeletons. grasping the nearest by the shoulders, he shakes it madly, yelling "my nigga have u tried lsd"

somewhere, I think in TCC specifically, was a drugs.txt thread, and honestly, it was the world's greatest anti-drug resource you could possibly loving imagine.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Taintrunner posted:

somewhere, I think in TCC specifically, was a drugs.txt thread, and honestly, it was the world's greatest anti-drug resource you could possibly loving imagine.

It's still there, sadly have not been too many posts as of late.

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Zil posted:

It's still there, sadly have not been too many posts as of late.

Harm reduction in action. :colbert:

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
that’s probably the best post in forum history

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Smythe posted:

That's loving bullshit and you know it

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

didn't SA essentially create the "internet tough guy" meme way back in the day?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

goons also spread "hell I," to the rest of the internet

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Vox Nihili posted:

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Marx Was A Lib posted:

didn't SA essentially create the "internet tough guy" meme way back in the day?

the outsized influence of these stupid forums never fails to surprise me

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Vox Nihili posted:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
That list really needs the joose goon thread broken out as it's own entry

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

slave to my cravings posted:

opposable thumbs.db
Jan 7, 2008
It's hard to say that it's wrong that my life revolves around my dog when she is cuter and more interesting than me
Pillbug
https://twitter.com/3liza/status/1007159329466667008?s=19

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

no the best is still getfiscal posting a modest proposal to join the military and kill officers in gbs

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

brevity is the soul of wit and wet butt's seminal work "was i picked on in middle school?" is the true apex of posting. the best long-form post is ingwit writing the ultimate hustler into the iliad. thank you, for accepting these truths

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

the mainstay of the heroin thread, that halcyon call of, "oh yeah, we can manage on the weekend, no problem" in a thread filled with people posting about nodding off

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

slave to my cravings posted:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
https://twitter.com/KristenClarkeJD/status/1328837185743810560?s=19

The republicans on the board overseeing the vote in Detroit won't vote to certify the results because Trump didn't win.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Thoguh posted:

https://twitter.com/KristenClarkeJD/status/1328837185743810560?s=19

The republicans on the board overseeing the vote in Detroit won't vote to certify the results because Trump didn't win.

Its ok, nothing will happen the system will work.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/nancykaffer/status/1328836317137022976?s=20

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

World War Mammories posted:

wet butt's seminal work "was i picked on in middle school?" is the true apex of posting

Wet Butt posted:

was i picked on in middle school? hmm let me think
* Weighed 750 pounds
* Parents were both Charles Manson (long story)
* Wore a bath robe to school every day
* Had the word "homo" instead of a mouth

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

if the government refuses to acknowledge the outcome of an election, don't boo, vote!

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Shear Modulus posted:

if the government refuses to acknowledge the outcome of an election, don't boo, vote!

But my vote is one of the ones they are saying don't count anyway? I can vote for my vote?!?!?!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

my favorite was probably FSAD convincing GBS posters that he was a black marxist who went to africa and convinced a village of people to become communists and murder their local priest

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Emote set for your discord of choice

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Kitfox88 posted:

just do opiates like actual working class people god loving ivory tower libs

They probably get an incredible rush off of all the child loving they do

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Terror Sweat posted:

They probably get an incredible rush off of all the child loving they do

wtf?!?!??!?!?!?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Reiley posted:

Emote set for your discord of choice

i dnt recommend posting on offsite discords, theyre full of the most deranged, mentally broken, psychotic goons and ex-goons who were too vile for even this place. every time an offsite discord splinters it gets sicker and more perverted, and many of these have been splintering and shattering like a sexually sadistic fractal for years and years

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
or, you could post on discords with your other (mostly) non-goon friends like a normal person

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

or, you could post on discords with your other (mostly) non-goon friends like a normal person

mostly text with these ppl personally. im glad you're enjoying a different internet experience though. be well my friend, and keep fragging