Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

indigi posted:

Lock....bad?
Yeah we knew from the beginning.

Lock can throw the ball really hard, but he's not a good precision passer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

LiquidFriend posted:

Yeah I noticed he's been overthrowing receivers quite a bit.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Yesterday’s performance was Tebow-esque.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

LiquidFriend posted:

Yeah we knew from the beginning.

Great precision, but terrible accuracy.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

MU didn't do him any favors by hiring Derek loving Dooley as his OC.

I thought he needed to sit for a few years, so of course they rushed him out there when he came off IR last season.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
He did look good against the Texans last season, even though the first pass he threw that game could have easily been a pick-6 and swung momentum Houston's way. In any case that game is clearly an outlier.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Lol

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Lol, the Chargers.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Honestly I'm gobsmacked we're now 3-4. I mean I'm stoked but didn't see this one coming.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
very magnanimous of everyone except Melvin Gordon to exact revenge on his behalf

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
"Now's the time for Gordon to extract revenge on his former team"

*gets tackled for a three-yard loss*

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

That first down Gordon reached for at the end of the game was pretty big

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Raiders are a good 4-3 team and are now entering the non-hellish portion of the schedule

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Derek Fcking Carr posted:

the non-hellish portion of the schedule

They put up a thing saying the Chiefs had the easiest schedule for the rest of the season a couple of times yesterday.

They failed to emphasize 'entering this week' which is kind of funny. I mean it's not a hell schedule or anything, but the Jets were doing quite a bit of work making that the easiest schedule left. They do have the Bucs and Saints left, plus Raiders. And the Chargers who just break those kind of stats by being super competitive while losing absolutely everything.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Raiders are a good 4-3 team and are now entering the non-hellish portion of the schedule

The only gimme is the Jets and maybe the Falcons but even they play good for stretches. Everyone else is fairly competitive week to week and AFC West division games have pretty much always been "throw the records out the window" type of games. It's definitely a lighter schedule than what we just went through and if the O-line can ever play more than 3 snaps together the playoffs might even be a possibility!

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

It's almost like I told you guys the Raiders were going 11-5 this season.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

super competitive while losing absolutely everything.

I actually feel a little bad for the Chargers today, but also looking forward to seeing the Raiders lose a playoff game.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Chargers would have won that game if it weren't for those meddling cameras peeking in at every angle.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/danielrpopper/status/1325570359836307458?s=19

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

The Raiders cannot fail at being a 10-6 team every year they can only be failed by injuries and incompetent coaching

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Housed by both the Chiefs and Raiders. This is a disaster

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kull the Conqueror posted:

Housed by both the Chiefs and Raiders. This is a disaster

It feels worse to just barely lose to them

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Chargers would've housed them too but...well, you know

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Pat Shurmur sucking was a known quantity heading into this season, but this is dire. Devontae Booker being the guy to stick the knife in was just too perfect.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Raiders having to play the Chiefs coming off their Bye week for the third consecutive year is bullshit

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Simplex posted:

Pat Shurmur sucking was a known quantity heading into this season, but this is dire. Devontae Booker being the guy to stick the knife in was just too perfect.
I really believe switching from Scangarello to Shurmur is playing a big part in Lock's regression.

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.
Someone on these very internet forums assured me that Shurmur would be fine!!! They were wrong!!!!!

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/chiefs/status/1328420415404994562?s=21

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Go away andy, I want to like you again

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Rooster Brooster posted:

Someone on these very internet forums assured me that Shurmur would be fine!!! They were wrong!!!!!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Guys I hate to say it but I think the Broncos are technically a football team

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Guys I hate to say it but I think the Broncos are technically a football team

Enjoy your third place schedule next year losers

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Raiders having to play the Chiefs coming off their Bye week for the third consecutive year is bullshit

Meh, at least we get the game over with. We'll probably lose but splitting with the Chiefs and having a mostly soft remaining schedule to close out the season and positioned for a playoff spot is a pretty good place to be. I usually stop giving a poo poo about football by this point in the season so I'm pretty excited right now!

No loving idea how this O-line is still really good considering it's been completely hosed every week with injuries but it's definitely been the key to winning these games. Mad props

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Spending from 2001 to 2008 in Colorado I feast on the tears of Denver fans.

I went to Broncos vs Chiefs game for Military appreciation night. I was in full uniform cheering for the Chiefs. This loving rear end in a top hat turns around looks me square in the eye and tells me to shut the gently caress up.

Now I'm not saying that as a troop I should have had some magic armor or whatever, but the fact I couldn't do or say anything back pissed me off because I felt like it was such a cowardly thing to do.

If I had been in civilian clothes I would've told the guy to eat the corn out of my poo poo but instead I had to suck up this guy being a total loving rear end in a top hat to me.

Soured me on Broncos fans in general for years after that.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

SalTheBard posted:

Spending from 2001 to 2008 in Colorado I feast on the tears of Denver fans.

I went to Broncos vs Chiefs game for Military appreciation night. I was in full uniform cheering for the Chiefs. This loving rear end in a top hat turns around looks me square in the eye and tells me to shut the gently caress up.

Now I'm not saying that as a troop I should have had some magic armor or whatever, but the fact I couldn't do or say anything back pissed me off because I felt like it was such a cowardly thing to do.

If I had been in civilian clothes I would've told the guy to eat the corn out of my poo poo but instead I had to suck up this guy being a total loving rear end in a top hat to me.

Soured me on Broncos fans in general for years after that.

Why would you think you shouldn't tell him to shut up?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1328458136894771204

Get ready for some 2018 Mahomes Magic

because he's running and gunning for his life

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Black Sunshine posted:

No loving idea how this O-line is still really good considering it's been completely hosed every week with injuries but it's definitely been the key to winning these games. Mad props
"Cable, bumaye!"

kiimo posted:

Get ready for some 2018 Mahomes Magic

because he's running and gunning for his life
On the other hand it’ll be against the Raiders d-line.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Why would you think you shouldn't tell him to shut up?

I was in dress uniform and there is this thing about having to be "respectful" and not telling people to gently caress off and die.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

japtor posted:

"Cable, bumaye!"

Yeah, I'll gladly eat crow on that re-hire. Turns out he was just sabotaging Seattle for whatever reason and was saving all his inspirational energy for a team-up with Gruden.

japtor posted:

On the other hand it’ll be against the Raiders d-line.

Hopefully we don't blitz at all because that's how we basically shut that offense down in the second half of that win. Drop 8, rush 2 and have Key spy Mahomes, simple!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rooster Brooster
Mar 30, 2001

Maybe it doesn't really matter anymore.

i appreciate this reference