Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Trying to calculate if I can get to AR45 before the week ends for the weekly bosses, otherwise I will just do them now. You get 1500 exp for the dailies and 900 for using 180 resin/day, correct? I need 10589 more exp and have already done today's dailies, but not resin, so assuming those numbers are correct, I should reach it mid Sunday? Do the event quests give AR exp? I cannot recall if the first set did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

All resin expenditure gives ARXP. The quests did not.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
It's a shame that the enemies spawned specifically for the meteorite shards don't give EXP or loot or anything (so there's no benefit to sticking around to fight them). It'd be nice to get a little farming in alongside the shard gathering without having to take detours to do so.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I wish these fuckers would drop drat arrow heads.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Pierson posted:

All these youtube videos I watch say that Childe is on the field for a good time, not a long time

That's more or less what I've been hearing too. My plan is to run Tartaglia/Xiangling/Bennett/flex slot, where the last could be Sucrose for VV buffs (most likely), Qiqi or Barbara for more heals if needed, or Razor for dealing with things that only a claymore can handle well.

Tartaglia is the big hitter, Xiangling is sub DPS for melee stance recharge time and fire setter, Bennett is a healer/buffer/elemental resonance add.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

I wish these fuckers would drop drat arrow heads.

Right there with you man. :respek:

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Boris Galerkin posted:

E: In other gatcha games I’ve played it wasn’t ever worth it to lvl up 4 star characters cause the 5 stars were just that much better. But here people are using 4 star characters. Is that just because the game is so new and there aren’t that many characters yet?

Aside from limited character selection, I'd also say that because the characters represent unique move sets and effects then they will mostly have use in some context even if they get crept. You can see people who have Venti preferring Sucrose because her abilities move Klee's bombs, for example. Or people in this very thread who don't use Diluc because he's boring mechanically. I think, rather than totally creeping 4s out of the running, new characters are more likely to introduce complicated interactions that give previously homeless characters team comps to shine in.

Gerdalti
May 24, 2003

SPOON!
The whole salvage portion of this event starts in a few hours right? It's not already going?

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Gerdalti posted:

The whole salvage portion of this event starts in a few hours right? It's not already going?

It hasn't started in NA. Asian and European servers have been live with it for a few hours.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
I accidentally farmed Oceanid one too many times and kicked myself into WL5 before doing the wolf for this week. I am now running a 70/70/60/40 team and getting trashed by leylines because Klee's DEF is paper thin. I can beat Cecilia Garden's top level, but I get the nerf to damage dealt and burn a ton of food and there doesn't seem to be any statistically significant upgrade to the drops. Guess I'm at the mercy of the 70-80 grind for at least two, maybe three dorks, and officially done pulling on banners until I resin up enough mats to get back to surviving bosses. Sigh.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Hm, I have a decision to make on wishes. Do I continue pulling on this one to try to nab Diona who would pair well with Razor (and potentially Diluc??) or do I save up for Zhongli's banner and hope for Popsicle Boy as my cryo unit.

On the one hand Diona seems to be a real good support character but on the other Chongyun is a Certified Good Boy.

This game is terrible for me I just want everyone and it sucks.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Hmm, got a second Flute at some point. Build it up to have both Jean and Kequing use them, or boost it (final hit goes from 100 to 125%) and find another sword for Jean.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

zgrowler2 posted:

I accidentally farmed Oceanid one too many times and kicked myself into WL5 before doing the wolf for this week. I am now running a 70/70/60/40 team and getting trashed by leylines because Klee's DEF is paper thin. I can beat Cecilia Garden's top level, but I get the nerf to damage dealt and burn a ton of food and there doesn't seem to be any statistically significant upgrade to the drops. Guess I'm at the mercy of the 70-80 grind for at least two, maybe three dorks, and officially done pulling on banners until I resin up enough mats to get back to surviving bosses. Sigh.

you can co-op domains if you feel like it.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Hm, I have a decision to make on wishes. Do I continue pulling on this one to try to nab Diona who would pair well with Razor (and potentially Diluc??) or do I save up for Zhongli's banner and hope for Popsicle Boy as my cryo unit.

If you have Razor and Diluc you already have a very good and an extremely good carry, so Popsicle would just get swapped in to press a button. He'd probably work ok in a melt comp with Diluc. Diona is a pretty good support, especially of you have sac bow, so there's that. Diona was all I wanted from this banner so I'm a little biased, but when you're rolling with papa pyro all you really need are backup dancers.

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
The main problem I see with the next banner is THREE greatsword users.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Bruceski posted:

Hmm, got a second Flute at some point. Build it up to have both Jean and Kequing use them, or boost it (final hit goes from 100 to 125%) and find another sword for Jean.

Refine it and find another sword for Keqing.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Chongyun is not a 'can press two buttons for element and swap out' support at all, if you are rolling with Razor and want a Superconduct he aint it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Waci posted:

Refine it and find another sword for Keqing.

Does she not do well with the Flute?

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Chongyun is basically there to enable meleeing a Ruin Guard/Hunter since physical damage is poor against those mobs.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Yeah I'm definitely spoiled for choice on carries between Childe, Diluc, and Razor so going for Diona is probably the play to make. Everyone is cool in this game and it's not fair that I have to make decisions.

e: And then I get Diona in the 3 pulls I had saved up. I've finally been saved from Kaeya Hell! \o/

YoshiOfYellow fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Nov 18, 2020

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

Bruceski posted:

Does she not do well with the Flute?

It's less that she does poorly with it, and more that if you're considering taking it away from either her or Jean she's the one who would benefit more from a different weapon. There are physical-damage-only Keqing builds that do very well with the Flute, but they're simultaneously more situational and also require more investment in terms of specific artifacts to make great than the more accessible and broadly applicable electro builds where the Flute gets outshined by even better (4*) weapons. Something like the Black Sword (from the BP) are near-equal for the niches where the Flute is good for her, and vastly superior for the more common builds, so while the Flute is just fine for her, if you're going to give a new weapon to someone anyway she's quite likely to benefit from the switch more than Jean would.

Waci fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Nov 18, 2020

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

I'm having a... unique problem of having Too Many Archers and Not Enough Bows. I got Rust on Childe, Stringless on Fischl, and Favonius Warbow on Venti. This kinda leaves Diona with nothing useful she could really benefit from unless she steals the Favonius Warbow from Venti... which then leaves him without a decent weapon.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

I must be misunderanding how stats work. While her talent converting all her damage to Electro is a clear sign to avoid Prototype Ranceur's physical damage stat I thought attack like what the Flute boosts was factored into everything.

What should I be looking at for her?

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Black sword is a good go to for her from what I hear. The issue for flute is that the atk% boost is like, the only thing going for it. Yeah the aoe does damage but its not that much damage in the long run. In comparison at level 70 the black sword only loses out on 14% attack but she gains 22% crit, which is crazy good with her skills since she gets crit dmg on ascensions. Also at some point just stacking atk% actually falls off and you start gaining more from crit dmg/crit rate/electro dmg.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Bruceski posted:

I must be misunderanding how stats work. While her talent converting all her damage to Electro is a clear sign to avoid Prototype Ranceur's physical damage stat I thought attack like what the Flute boosts was factored into everything.

What should I be looking at for her?

The flat attack bonus secondary stat does factor into everything, other characters just get more out of it in specific situations. I think Jean heals as a portion of damage dealt, which is a good reason to keep an atk boosting weapon on her. I really don't know too much specifically what he's on about re: physical builds, I was using the Flute perfectly fine with Keqing up until recently, but he's right in saying that there are other options that are better, even if the difference doesn't seem huge at first. If you have the Battle Pass, get the sword from there, because its secondary stat is crit rate and Keqing likes to stack crit rate because as she ascends she gets naturally high crit damage, and that way her crit normals/charge attacks will also heal her. That's what I'm doing right now and she's an absolute monster.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.

S.J. posted:

I was using the Flute perfectly fine with Keqing up until recently, but he's right in saying that there are other options that are better

Yea, it's not that the Flute is bad for Keqing (it's fine at worst or even great for some builds that don't benefit as much from what other weapons can offer), it's that some of the other options like the battle pass weapon that others mentioned are even better.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Boris Galerkin posted:

I followed the maps to pick up all the meteorites but I only have 215 when I’m suppose to have 218. Are those last 3 going to be important to hunt down?

E: In other gatcha games I’ve played it wasn’t ever worth it to lvl up 4 star characters cause the 5 stars were just that much better. But here people are using 4 star characters. Is that just because the game is so new and there aren’t that many characters yet?

Don't worry about missing a few single shards. They can be there as nice surprises for when you explore later. I used it as an opportunity primarily to take some weird paths to find unlooted treasure and mark down some of the specialties I haven't yet.

The event's moving on to a resin trial, where 20 gets you 35/40/45 star shards at level 55/65/75. That's basically a day's hard scavenging on less than a fragile resin worth. It looks like the shop works on the anemo/geo sigil principle, where there's more to get than you can spend on the limited items and you'll get some consolation cash for everything else.

Currently the whale attraction in this game is e-penis with possibly a side of deep abyss diving, far beyond any other challenge the game expects you to do to actually progress your characters. I run Power Plant Amber (exile 4-piece + favonius bow because something in that elemental burst is going to crit) and Reaction Lisa with Kaeya and Noelle as largely my main team (though if I'm being fair I did luck into Jean and will pull her out sometimes when I don't need a claymore), and while the Internet can't get enough of dumpstering on those first two, I do fine.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I don't think there's a legitimately bad character in the game fwiw

e: even Lisa

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.
I can't wait to roll for the fancy dan new character that shows up in the new phase 2 quest from Inazuma

S.J.
May 19, 2008

There's gonna be a 5* cryo sword user samurai lady at some point and I assume that's where she's from

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

Glazius posted:

Power Plant Amber (exile 4-piece + favonius bow because something in that elemental burst is going to crit)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought weapon skills only triggered if the character was out? or do you just keep amber in on her ult?

I guess favonius bow has energy recharge as a substat anyways, though.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
The meteor challenges are a pain in the arse so far. I don't have any damage-y ranged characters, the arenas are really small, and enemies such as the charging big hilichurls or agents love to hang around on the edge or outside. Stepping outside reduces progress really quickly. Also, my highest level character is Diluc, who throws enemies outside the arena with his burst

e: actually this last one had a bunch of hilichurl elemental crossbows spawn outside the arena shooting in, pah

bandaid.friend fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Nov 18, 2020

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought weapon skills only triggered if the character was out? or do you just keep amber in on her ult?

I guess favonius bow has energy recharge as a substat anyways, though.

Yes, I keep Amber out for the few seconds her ult's going. Baron Bunny's usually off cooldown and he doesn't pop for a while in most cases, so I just toss him out after the ult fires.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I'm having a... unique problem of having Too Many Archers and Not Enough Bows. I got Rust on Childe, Stringless on Fischl, and Favonius Warbow on Venti. This kinda leaves Diona with nothing useful she could really benefit from unless she steals the Favonius Warbow from Venti... which then leaves him without a decent weapon.

Unless you plan to run them together, you can just swap weapons for the ones you are not using. Nonetheless, yes, this is the trap; aiming for a character when you don't have a good weapon to pair her with.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
If you do a meteorite thing and the enemies are a cryo and electric fatui and it's raining, do leave and use the "time pass" feature until it's not raining.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Ok, forget saving up for Xiao. I'm all in on the guy from the new quest. No idea who he is or when he'll get put in the game, but the only thing cooler than having a cape is having a hat with a cape.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

Mailer posted:

Ok, forget saving up for Xiao. I'm all in on the guy from the new quest. No idea who he is or when he'll get put in the game, but the only thing cooler than having a cape is having a hat with a cape.

the hat has a face on top of it, and also looks like it could be used as a shield.

basically he's the coolest motherfucker alive

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I'm pretty sure that my luck of having leveled four people that are boosted by this event is very helpful. Xiangliang, Chong, Fischl, and Mona are a pretty decent team.

A meteorite that spawned an electro cicin mage twice gave me the most trouble. Mostly because she just stayed outside the barrier hanging out rather than try to get me a few times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:

No Wave posted:

If you do a meteorite thing and the enemies are a cryo and electric fatui and it's raining, do leave and use the "time pass" feature until it's not raining.

Cowardice. One of mine had a tiny arena and spawned nothing but cryo slimes in the rain

I used fragile resins to get thirty meteors done and bought all I could from the shop