Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Gumball Gumption posted:

It would make no sense but he could get away with something dumb like putting it on a skateboard deck and carrying that around

He should put it on a skateboard and then drag that skateboard around with a piece of string

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gumball Gumption posted:

It would make no sense but he could get away with something dumb like putting it on a skateboard deck and carrying that around

A custom TNT title deck would actually be pretty dope.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

WRESTLING. i enjoy WRESTLING

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
they STILL need to change those steps down to the ring into a ramp, steps are too sketch for out of ring spots on that side IMO

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

smikey posted:

they STILL need to change those steps down to the ring into a ramp, steps are too sketch for out of ring spots on that side IMO

agree

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I think Jack Evans gets gassed sooner than cd

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Jack Evans with the creaky, slow bridge

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Really nice bridge at the end there

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

Jack Evans with the creaky, slow bridge

Feet on the calves though!

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Mr. Squishy posted:

I think Jack Evans gets gassed sooner than cd

i suppose you could call huffing whippets getting gassed

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

(Rosa/Snow would have been a better main event)

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I just finished the Jurassic Express match and I dig how they’re using Dark to establish submission finishers for people too.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

My roommates watched Dark with me this evening, which is always interesting because they don't have wrestling brain like I do. They loved Luchasaurus, Leyla Hirsch, Rosa, and Lindsay Snow, think Darby is a dweeb, and think TH2 are pieces of poo poo, but in a way where they want to see them get beaten up. They've also dubbed the feud between TH2 and SCU "stepdads vs. mom's new boyfriends."

They also both correctly guessed where Joey Janela is from despite not hearing his introduction.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Darkthoughts

Ooh, new title sequence.

Apparently there's a storm underway.

1) Bshp King, Joey O'Riley, and Shawn Maluta vs the Gunn Club. First look at Youngest Gunn. Colton is part of the Dark Order apparently. Colton got them longbois. Colton's also got okay fundamentals. Joey O'Riley looks like a leprechaun from a beer commercial about how New York leprechauns are hard bastards. This match is very sloppy, but not boring. Quick Draw remains the worst finisher in AEW.

Storytime with Jake and Lance. Goddamn, Lance is a great promo. Give him someone to feud with, goddamn.

2) Travis Titan vs Ricky Starks. This is some next gen scrub ring gear. Starks is such a total package, to the point where I worry if he gets in his own way sometimes. Ogogo stealths in on commentary, hi Anthony! Travis Titan is perfectly competent but there wasn't enough here to judge. I love Ricky's spear.

3) Joey Janela vs Mark O'Stunt. Yeah, Sonny's butt has that effect on everyone, Joey. This could be a fun GCW match. Now just what the gently caress is this music? I am having a really good time with this dumb match. Janela's spinning suplex is a lot of fun.

The waiting Room. Love the set here. So many pictures of Toney. Love the bit with the Bucks book. "get your copy now, I'm not sure where". Britt is doing a good job, but needs to tighten up just a bit. Angelico blanking Britt on the fist bump ruled. "Brian Pissing Pillman Jr".

This is a very solid setup. It works on Dark but you could put this straight onto Dynamite with some tightening.

4) Frankie Kazarian vs Griff Garrison. This could be great. Starts off with some very solid chain wrestling. I knew Kaz had these skills but it's fun to see them from Garrison. Very enjoyable back and forth match. If you can hang with Kaz, you've got something.

5) Rahne Victoria vs Penelope Ford. Less goth and more Amateur Disney On Ice. This is a fairly straightforward match, but Ford has improved in the driving seat. It is clearly pissing it down during this match. Scruffy ending, but this was fine.

6) Ryzin vs Brandon Cutler. I continue to love Ryzin's 2004 indie gear. This is bubbly and high energy to start. Love Cutler's diving leg drop. This is a fun match and I wish it had a hot crowd. Cutler fucks up the huricanrana, but this is overall fun.

7) Leyla Hirsch vs Tesha Price. Tesha is dressed like a mall store fashion model. Hirsch is dressed like she's going to loving murder you. Love Hirsch's swagger. This is a fun hard hitting technical match. Hirsch is laying in those corner elbows brutally. Good combination of swagger and getting too cocky. Price kind of hosed up whatever she was trying in the corner. Good match and definitive win for Hirsch.

8) TNT vs Jurassic Express nice, dynamic start. TNT are impressing me so far. They hit hard, their stuff looks good, they sell well. I don't know if we need more tag teams, but they could do a lot worse than these guys.

9) the Acclaimed vs D3 and Angel Fashion. Rome hat. Trojans are also Greek, Taz. Max lost the facial hair. The line about couldn't get booked for a portrait of your family was awesome. gently caress, the Acclaimed are such a fun team. Get them on Dynamite against someone fun. They're working heel but you could put them against anyone and they'd have fun. It also helps that Bowens is an exceptionally handsome man.

10) Alex Garcia vs Ivelisse. Some fun stuff to start, albeit a bit clunky. Ricky's on commentary for this one? Hi, Ricky I guess. This match is a bit of a mess. Ivelisse was bumping for lariats that never happened.

11) Thunder Rosa vs Lindsay Snow. Not here for white people dreads, but I am here for Rosa's purple gear. Good strikes from Snow here. I love Rosa's submissions. Hell of a corner dropkick from Rosa there. And the Thunder Driver is just DEADLY. Fun match.

Continental Peter Avalon is awesome. I really want them to have him eventually meet Walken.

12) Big Swole vs KiLynn King. Love King's new ring jacket. Swole. Swole. Love the ring spill that keeps the lock up together. Don't talk about crazy women, Taz. This is better than a standard Swole match. Love how into it King gets. This is a very balanced match, lots of fun back and forth. Swole wins with the cloverleaf but had to fight for it. (Swole fell over a bit)

Taz is Ricky's favourite dude. Aww. Darby and Cage out. Cody out with his Miami Vice shirt. OK, sure.

Third time tonight for the Bubbly ad. Third time tonight for me mishearing Santana's line as "dat rear end, yo"

13) Jack Evans vs Christopher Daniels. God, this match is fun. Evans is so unorthodox, and Daniels is enough of a veteran to work with anyone or anything. The amount to which Daniels can still go at 50 is just wonderful. Loved this match.

Overall a decent show with a couple of outstanding matches.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Tazz is a national treasure.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I give a pass to snows dreads because the rest of her look is very clearly modern punk Celtic/Viking warrior so it fits.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Vince MechMahon posted:

I give a pass to snows dreads because the rest of her look is very clearly modern punk Celtic/Viking warrior so it fits.

Agreed - she has a unique look and in-ring style. Hoping we see more of her in AEW.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

ready to ruin tommorrow by staying up watching eight hours of dark GET HYPE

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The Architect of Destruction, Taz

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

snakew'm'n look is very power rangers, very powerful

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

You can just introduce him as an Olympic medalist, no need to get down in the specifics of the metal.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

that winds a-gustin'

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Swoles cloverleaf looks nice, but gosh that Tiger driver

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

i am furious the big swole match is over and taz never sang her music

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

p. mediocre but swole's charcter stuff is good

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

It's funny that nothing has changed for Johnson after signing with the Nightmare family.

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

BIG MATCH JOHN

silver got them long bois

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

No coat for reynolds

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

agogo sucking up to the bossman

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Is there anything more nasty than Team Taz?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Taz hates pronouns

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

on record for being Long Island's biggest baby

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Long Island's Biggest Baby

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova