Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Pobrecito posted:

I read they were both in the Child Support division. Most likely to be a disgruntled individual related to that, if it’s even work related.

:thunk::thunk::thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bizarro Watt
May 30, 2010

My responsibility is to follow the Scriptures which call upon us to occupy the land until Jesus returns.
I really don't know much about Phelan at all. What about him is getting some of the Texas Republicans all up in arms?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Bizarro Watt posted:

I really don't know much about Phelan at all. What about him is getting some of the Texas Republicans all up in arms?

Allen West is grifting his way towards a run at the governor and absolutely no one is kissing the rings yet and the crazies arent happy about it

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

I'm guessing it's West and his cronies trying to gin up controversy, though I'm not sure why. Some BS power move probably.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

So what's Braddock's angle in all of this? What does he gain by publicizing this?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

saintonan posted:

So what's Braddock's angle in all of this? What does he gain by publicizing this?

He's the editor of an online news outlet?

The far right of the Texas GOP wants some nutjob in charge who will rubber stamp bathroom bills and abortion bans passed out of the senate. Looking at Phelan's list of supporters, which includes a lot of important House Ds, it's likely he's made some promises about not doing that. I'd expect him to be more like Strauss was, and you know how ET feels about him.

https://twitter.com/lrnlrsn/status/1329116810638204934

Here's a long, but good, read about the head of the HPD cop union, especially if you wanna get real mad about cops, the Houston City Council and police unions!

Here's something that stood out to me:

quote:

Partly out of frustration with Wilson’s CCRB complaint, Gamaldi transferred to the Houston Police Department in 2008, when he was 24. He was also tired, he said, of living in a three-bedroom apartment just outside Queens that he shared with two firefighters. A visit to his brother, a United Airlines executive who was based in Houston at the time, sealed the deal. “I was like, ‘You’re kidding: You can have a home for $150,000 or $200,000? I’m in.’ ”

Another loving carpetbagger from Long Island, here to gently caress up my state.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

zoux posted:

He's the editor of an online news outlet?

I guess, but this isn't news, it's just rumor mongering. He doesn't need to be the mouthpiece for nutballs.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

saintonan posted:

I guess, but this isn't news, it's just rumor mongering. He doesn't need to be the mouthpiece for nutballs.

State GOP officials accusing the incoming speaker of being racist is absolutely news. And QR has always been a rumor/inside baseball site.

But you're also not wrong that Braddock likes stirring poo poo up and getting in the middle of stuff. He always refers to Patrick as "Little Gov" which I find childish, but it's because Patrick had him specifically banned from the Senate chamber.

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007

zoux posted:

State GOP officials accusing the incoming speaker of being racist is absolutely news. And QR has always been a rumor/inside baseball site.

But you're also not wrong that Braddock likes stirring poo poo up and getting in the middle of stuff. He always refers to Patrick as "Little Gov" which I find childish, but it's because Patrick had him specifically banned from the Senate chamber.

At least half of watching TXLege is following the petty poo poo, and seconding that QR has a big focus on gossip. By the end of session, I have to figure out who is mad at whom to see who is going to vote down my bill out of spite, and try to talk them down.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mistaken Frisbee posted:

At least half of watching TXLege is following the petty poo poo, and seconding that QR has a big focus on gossip. By the end of session, I have to figure out who is mad at whom to see who is going to vote down my bill out of spite, and try to talk them down.

Uh oh here comes Jonathan Stickland to knock all your bills off local

I bet that motherfucker is mad he didn't stand for re-election lol

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

zoux posted:

State GOP officials accusing the incoming speaker of being racist is absolutely news.

Why?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Whoa oh black betty
https://twitter.com/PatrickSvitek/status/1329144010427019264

They say "presser" but I doubt he'll be taking questions, because people might ask why we're not going back under restrictions even though every single metric is worse than it was the first time he ordered stuff

https://twitter.com/ttupublicmedia/status/1329119908668596233

Just cancel sports you morons

Full thread:
https://twitter.com/ttupublicmedia/status/1329115316757159937

Also remember that it's going to be - at absolute minimum - 2-3x as worse by Christmas as it is now.

zoux fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Nov 18, 2020

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1329126253643837451

Oh boy, another 20 years of Kinky Friedman

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

alright alright alright

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

There's a zero % chance weed wouldn't be legalized under Governor Matt.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Would Matthew Mcconaughey make a good governor? Probably not, but a literal empty seat would be an improvement to what we have now so by virtue of not being Abbott he gets my vote.

Also I met the guy once. He was visibly drunk and was smoking a cigarette and had a dip in at the same time so I know his values closely mirror mine.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

jokes posted:

There's a zero % chance weed wouldn't be legalized under Governor Matt.

Manager Hoyden posted:

Also I met the guy once. He was visibly drunk and was smoking a cigarette and had a dip in at the same time so I know his values closely mirror mine.

I'm all in on McCaughaughnehey for governor.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

let's talk third party results

is anyone surprised that the libertarian result in the senate race is significantly higher than the presidential? in raw votes there's a larger defection than mj got to the greens

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/scottbraddock/status/1329175464372359168

Isn't that the GAY ice cream shop

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/1329126253643837451

Oh boy, another 20 years of Kinky Friedman

What would he run as? Would he go Independent?

Pobrecito
Jun 16, 2020

hasta que la muerte nos separe

radical meme posted:

What would he run as? Would he go Independent?

The Legal Weed Party

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the dems would hand him the nomination on a silver platter

Mistaken Frisbee
Jul 19, 2007
https://twitter.com/scottbraddock/status/1329166180351836161?s=20

Did not expect "cuck" to make it into the #txlege Twitter.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

northeast tarrant tea party strikes again!

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008
Buttery cuck?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/TexasTribune/status/1329214060483764226

We'll see what tune he's singing in mid December

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

"We didnt know it would be this bad"

"how could we know"

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

All joking aside, what would it take to unseat Greg Abbott? Do the Democrats have anyone who could give him a serious run for his money in 2022?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Bioshuffle posted:

All joking aside, what would it take to unseat Greg Abbott?

come on, man

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

I'm asking a serious question. McConaughey is not the answer. I'm just curious about the new batch of potential candidates to keep an eye on. With how badly he's handling the pandemic, I can see Texans turning their back on him if the right candidate comes along.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

:dudsmile:

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

:emptyquote:

Bizarro Watt
May 30, 2010

My responsibility is to follow the Scriptures which call upon us to occupy the land until Jesus returns.

Bioshuffle posted:

All joking aside, what would it take to unseat Greg Abbott?

Solid push should do fine

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Yet bamlanivimab (whoa black Betty!) is only useful in the early stage of infection. It is loving useless for anyone who isn't immediately admitted and given the drug on the first positive test result, so basically it is only good for rich greedy assholes not 99.99% of people getting positive tests right now.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Bioshuffle posted:

All joking aside, what would it take to unseat Greg Abbott? Do the Democrats have anyone who could give him a serious run for his money in 2022?

The only way Democrat’s unseat Abbott is with another tree.

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

Bioshuffle posted:

Most likely way to unseat Abbot is if the repubs wheel out some extremist anti-antifa candidate, despite the questionable history of internet trolling being a obvious handicap to their campaign that could really cripple them. Allen West could try to stand up to Abbot in a primary but it’s my hope that his social media gets disabled with more stringent community moderation like we’ve seen recently from Twitter. That would really paralyze his already lame internet presence and probably hobble his plans for larger office.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao

BoosterDuck
Mar 2, 2019
does mark cuban feel ready to step up to the plate

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

look here, fat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU