Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Davros1 posted:

Kalibak, Darkseid's son would've made more sense.

Yeah he looks way cooler and is mildly more recognizable. No matter how you slice it though, going from LEX LUTHOR AND DOOMSDAY to "a Darkseid henchman" is a very weird call. Just have it be Darkseid who cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1329202870567063553?s=10

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

They're really doing it huh.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That's worded in such a way that part of me isn't sure its not the trailer debuting on Christmas.

Madkal posted:

The choice to make Steppenwolf the main villain is still baffling, so many years after the movie came out. Like I understand if they want a build up to Darkseid in the never to be released 3rd movie, but to have someone that really is kind of not a big deal unless you follow the comics, and especially older comics, as the main villain just seemed baffling. When he was announced as the villain did anyone say "finally, Steppenwolf is making it to the big screen". They could have still built up to Darkseid by having stuff happen behind the scenes like Glorious Godfrey being a Fox News type seen on TV screens and some such bullshit while the league battles the White Martians or something, but Steppenwolf was just such a final end boss of a character that they could have just made an original creation with the exact same design and called it a day.

Its not an entirely fair comparison but with hindsight and Infinity War/Endgame it kind of feels like Marvel had decided to make Infinity War all about one of the Dark Order. And not all of the Dark Order. Just one of them.

Also if had been the first Avengers film and not the 20th film once it was already a machine.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!
They clearly thought they were going to make 10 movies with a different New God as the villain in each, building up to Darkseid in the last one, each of which would make a billion dollars, so they had to start with the shittiest one.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Hmm. I kinda wish they had just delayed it to next summer but oh well. At least we'll finally see it. :munch:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Official word now

https://twitter.com/pattyjenks/status/1329211121790664704?s=21

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Now put Black Widow on Disney+, Marvel

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PafavR0l6JI

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Good now I'll actually watch it

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Oh nice. I like hbo max.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I wonder how that'll work in Canada since we don't have HBOmax. Hopefully it'll be on something I already get

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Retro Futurist posted:

I wonder how that'll work in Canada since we don't have HBOmax. Hopefully it'll be on something I already get

Hoping it comes to Crave (as I have Crave and they put on a bunch of HBO stuff and Max stuff like Raised by Wolves)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Everything else on HBO Max is on Crave and WB is their own distributor in Canada so it should be doable but who knows if different contracts come into play here.

Netflix has Man of Steel and Aquaman, but not Wonder Woman, Justice League, BvS, or Shazam. Those don't seem to be streaming anywhere in Canada.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Nov 19, 2020

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Isn't HBO Max exclusive to North America for the moment? Trying to follow the Disney+ digital release strategy seems like a pretty bad idea if you don't have a market presence in Europe, South America, and Asia.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

JordanKai posted:

Isn't HBO Max exclusive to North America for the moment? Trying to follow the Disney+ digital release strategy seems like a pretty bad idea if you don't have a market presence in Europe, South America, and Asia.

Just the US.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Your move, Disney. Give us Black Widow now. :colbert:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

JordanKai posted:

Yeah but that's why they're putting it in theaters too. Some places aren't insane like the US and have the virus contained so it's actually safe to see a movie in theaters.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pretty much just New Zealand.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

JordanKai posted:

It's also not available on my smart tv or my fire stick so I can't even log into my brother's account.

Edit: VVVVVVV well well well (twirls mustache)

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Nov 19, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

HBO Max is available on Fire devices as of yesterday.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

HBO Max is available on Fire devices as of yesterday.

Yeah if you had the regular HBO app on a Fire TV it most likely just upgraded itself to the HBO Max app on its own.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I downloaded the HBO app earlier in the day to see if I could log in, and then a couple of hours later it was the HBO Max app.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Very glad I get HBO Max for $5 with my grandfathered AT&T TV Now account! Christmas is looking good!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

HBO Max is legit the best streaming service for actual good movie.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

can someone explain to me what the difference between HBO, HBO Go, and HBO Max?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

SlimGoodbody posted:

One of these HBOs only tells the truth, and one of these HBOs always lies

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

They killed Go, there's just HBO and HBO Max. The former is the mobile companion for your HBO subscription and the latter is standalone with all of that plus exclusive content.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

SlimGoodbody posted:

HBO Go no longer exists so you can just forget about it.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

The Dave posted:

They killed Go, there's just HBO and HBO Max. The former is the mobile companion for your HBO subscription and the latter is standalone with all of that plus exclusive content.

yeah, Go/Now/Max made for considerable branding confusion so they simplified things

Vandar posted:

Your move, Disney. Give us Black Widow now. :colbert:

wait for their Dec. 10 investor day, fingers crossed. they have a lot of options (Premier Access as with Mulan, standard Disney+ as with Soul, simultaneous theatrical/Disney+ as with WW84, theatrical release followed by Disney+ a month or less later as WB was reportedly considering for WW84)

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

muscles like this! posted:

HBO Go no longer exists so you can just forget about it.

I'll never forget about it.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Mr Hootington posted:

HBO Max is legit the best streaming service for actual good movie.
Does HBO Max still only have a small portion of the movies that the Criterion Channel does?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

How Wonderful! posted:

Knock it off. Dunk on the design if you want but if you're going to say stuff like this you can say it somewhere else.

You're 100% right, that's a lovely way of putting what I was getting at. What I was saying was that a lot of the praise seems to have two aspects, the first being that THIS will prove that DC movies are superior to Marvel movies, and its somewhat cultish. Related is the comments that go "This is a more adult version of the character, gone is the baby disney Whedon version", and that makes me confused on why him being more spikey makes him more adult. Did we miss him having a giant swingin' dong? If they were just going "Whoa that looks cool" or "I like that more than the old JL design" yea go nuts, that's what you like, go for it. It's putting all this extra stuff onto the design that is confusing and makes me think people are seeing more into this movie than there is. Maybe it would have been better "some of these comments remind me of people who still are supporting Star Citizen", but then that's not fair because Synder is going to actually put out a product.

Every time i encounter the "DC movies are for adults, Marvel is for babies" attitude that a very vocal group of people are constantly harping on I get very confused. I figure its like the "you need to have a high IQ to get Rick and Morty" crowd. You're not comparing Jodorowsky to Stuart Gordon here, people.

Oh that's awesome. As others have said, i hope its on Crave. It doesn't have everything HBOMax has, like Harley Quinn isn't on it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's because Harley Quinn already had a broadcast deal in Canada from its time on DC Universe.

Anything actually made for HBO Max has been on Crave.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

That's because Harley Quinn already had a broadcast deal in Canada from its time on DC Universe.

Anything actually made for HBO Max has been on Crave.

What channel was it on in Canada? I haven't had cable in like 6 years.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I wonder if any of this has to do with making Maxwell Lord vaguely Trumpy, what with him (assuming any semblance of legal cohesion and societal integrity) finally getting the boot before the movie would've been in theaters

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

The United States posted:

Does HBO Max still only have a small portion of the movies that the Criterion Channel does?

Yes. I have no idea if they rotate. I've had it for a month.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

What channel was it on in Canada? I haven't had cable in like 6 years.

It's on Adult Swim, which has a Canadian solo version that's not just Cartoon Network at night.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

JordanKai posted:

The design itself is horrendous too.
I'm hoping that the armor looks better in action. If it's dynamic and reacts to the environment (changes shape, bristles, breathes) then it might save the design.

It reflects the kind of recursive design of the motherboard, but in a different direction with the spikes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

It's on Adult Swim, which has a Canadian solo version that's not just Cartoon Network at night.

I had no idea it was on that. This ads I see for it only mention Rick And Morty and a few classic AS stuff like Birdman and ATHF.