Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

RBA Starblade posted:

What was this ??? Quest on the shore I just did? It was fun whatever it was

Did it give you three disks? That's for wish ender

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Spanish Manlove posted:

Did it give you three disks? That's for wish ender

Oh lol yep

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

hot take: one of the biggest problems with destiny 2's gun balance is handcannons because they occupy the space that scout rifles should and one of the few objectively good things that borderlands 2 did was making handcannons the same class of weapon as any other handgun

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

I had the same thing happen to me lol. I thought "oh cool hell yeah secret quest" then never bothered to finish the three disks. I think they're still in my inventory.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Kith posted:

hot take: one of the biggest problems with destiny 2's gun balance is handcannons because they occupy the space that scout rifles should and one of the few objectively good things that borderlands 2 did was making handcannons the same class of weapon as any other handgun

It's more because the fighting areas in D2 maps are shoebox sized with one or two notable exceptions per maps. So agile low zoom stuff is gonna dominate.

Scouts were more viable in D1 where they had a lot more huge maps (which were bad for other reasons).

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Kith posted:

turning revolvers from slow hipfire head exploders into button mashing semi auto pistols was one of the worst changes that series ever did

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Kith posted:

ive always thought handcannons were the thing for destiny

they could buff damage to scouts. but they wont.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

A bug came out yesterday that allowed you to duplicate weak Lure mods (the 2nd slot), but there are now reports that the Wrathborn Hunt mods don't even work, with perk exclusion/inclusion mods still resulting in weapons with/without the specified perks.

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

Horizon Burning posted:

i'd buy destiny novels by battuta. his baru novels are fantastic
googled this a few times and couldn't find anything

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

Picked up Beyond Light but haven't played in ages (Mercury patch?)

Can I safely dismantle all of my old purple guns and armor? Even these masterworks are useless if they cap at 1060 now I'm assuming. And energy seems to be a new armor mod mechanic that none of my old gear has

Funkameleon
Jan 27, 2009

Marzzle posted:

googled this a few times and couldn't find anything

The Traitor Baru Cormorant

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Boy, prisms suck to get huh

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Bideo James posted:

ive always thought handcannons were the thing for destiny

they could buff damage to scouts. but they wont.

Scouts seem balanced very well right now for the general sandbox and literally nothing else in the game.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Piss Crystals and Golfballs are hard to obtain for the first month of each season when the power cap and the Master activity level go skyrocketing. Best practice is to farm the heck out of 'em toward the end of the season and spend them during the lean times in the following season. Much like the husky bear preparing to hibernate in the winter

Marzzle
Dec 1, 2004

Bursting with flavor

ah I thought it was written by battuta and not seth dickenson lol

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

This is a new one.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/768156109792870431/778749107556188190/wtf_IQ.mp4

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

You can get 7 prisms from running a Pit of Sorrows and dismantling the 1060 masterwork armor it gives you for the last encounter. Managed it to do it with a buddy and it wasn't terribly tough? (Granted they know the mechanics well.)

Orv
May 4, 2011

Marzzle posted:

ah I thought it was written by battuta and not seth dickenson lol

One and the same.

Back Alley Borks
Oct 22, 2017

Awoo.

Oxyclean posted:

You can get 7 prisms from running a Pit of Sorrows and dismantling the 1060 masterwork armor it gives you for the last encounter. Managed it to do it with a buddy and it wasn't terribly tough? (Granted they know the mechanics well.)

Does this still work with the BL launch? They removed the Pinnacle reward for Pit so I assumed it wouldn't drop the armor anymore, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Gambit can suck my nuts. Invasion mechanics are still absolute garbage. Enemy invades with perfect line of sight on me and headshots me before I can even react.

Also I swear I just had an HVT gently caress off insanely quickly?

Codeacious posted:

Does this still work with the BL launch? They removed the Pinnacle reward for Pit so I assumed it wouldn't drop the armor anymore, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.
It's not a pinnacle, but it's still MW. I did it with a friend last week.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Oxyclean posted:

Gambit can suck my nuts. Invasion mechanics are still absolute garbage. Enemy invades with perfect line of sight on me and headshots me before I can even react.

Also I swear I just had an HVT gently caress off insanely quickly?

It's not a pinnacle, but it's still MW. I did it with a friend last week.

When I see an invasion I usually chill behind a wall for a few seconds, then pop out and shoot my Symmetry in the direction they should be (way from the current mob spawn location and away from enemies).

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
You guys still see invasions in gambit? It's been solved that first to bank a hundo is the winner so I typically see a wide open portal for the entire match.

Sometimes you get a blueberry who isn't in the know but they tend to be bad anyway and just get clocked & sent back to their side

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

I see them, yeah. Yeah, I've never lost a match in which I was the first to get the primeval but invading to slow that is still good.

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You guys still see invasions in gambit? It's been solved that first to bank a hundo is the winner so I typically see a wide open portal for the entire match.

Sometimes you get a blueberry who isn't in the know but they tend to be bad anyway and just get clocked & sent back to their side

I did play a game yesterday where we were severely down because I was playing with choads that only wanted to finish their bounties, but we managed to come down from about a 66% primeval disadvantage to win. That was largely thanks to our invader being pretty decent and theirs being an absolute horse's rear end. I mean we blanked their invader three times in a row. :effort:

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans
Want to grind out a lot of shotguns or fusion rifles or machine guns right now?

Grab all the bounties you can, fill up that quest log all the way.

Go visit Variks, and sit there and click the Hunt for the weapon you want over and over again.

Quests should goto your mailbox, multiple times, you gotta have Herealways for it tho.

Do some bounties and clear up some space (dont delete! bounties)

Goto postmaster and pick up those quests.

Complete those quests, do the hunt, goto Variks and see him hand you weapons without having to do that many hunts.

I just found this, recorded the entire thing on my twitch if you want proof.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Nice try, Bungie! Trying to get me to accidentally delete the crystals and golfballs from my postmaster!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The A button on the xbone controller I bought to replace my finally-dead 360 controller is breaking and only registers one in three presses so I guess I'm getting extra good at jumping or I'm giving up and using kb&m

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Kith posted:

Handcannons are the coolest gun type in Destiny PvP and everyone realizes this.

Scout Rifles are the worst gun type, as evidenced by the MIDA meta. Pulse Rifles aren't so bad because you can still have aggressive play with them.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The only bad archetype is submachine guns

All other guns are very cool and invited me to their birthday party

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I finally found this video again so I'm sharing it with you all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yXs0R370LU

I miss when Robo Dinkle scanned things endlessly

e: I will always love this ending on the PSO theme

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Nov 19, 2020

Orv
May 4, 2011
Destiny - The aliens that we shoot in the head and the aliens that we shoot in the stomach

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Stasis continues to be fun in PvP

https://i.imgur.com/TvbCtNu.mp4

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

Scyantific posted:

:toxx:

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Scyantific posted:

yeah, that’s a pretty good long-range fast kill for a super

wait

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

That stasis gun looks pretty fun for PvE too.

https://twitter.com/Gigz/status/1328663639486730240

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

SUNKOS posted:

That stasis gun looks pretty fun for PvE too.

https://twitter.com/Gigz/status/1328663639486730240

You can do the same thing with the grenade.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I've been able to reverse a team's progress when invading and pull a win out of new gambit.

Sample_text
Apr 28, 2018

by VideoGames
Wait so you can acquire previous season exotics EXCEPT the minigun, because.....reasons?
Lol this game

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

So I'm not super in tune in with all the destiny news so this came as a bit of a suprise, but isn't kinda of hosed that Bungie wants yet another $10 bucks out of me only a week after the release of their $50 expansion? The one with not enough content to begin with?

Also, while I've got a rant going, anyone else real disappointed with how Stasis is structured? A time-gated unlock system for a super that won't be as good as my Stormcaller for weeks seems kinda hosed too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

If you paid $50 (USD) you already have the season.

It's the $40 version that doesn't come with a season pass.