Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Xavier just wants X of Swords to end and doesn’t want anything else to spin off into more tie-ins so he’s cutting wherever he can.

I mean, my first thought was "Xavier doesn't want the FF's drama right now and is willing to gently caress up Franklin's day to do it."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This may come as a shock to some but Professor Xavier is a JERK!

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Xavier just wants X of Swords to end and doesn’t want anything else to spin off into more tie-ins so he’s cutting wherever he can.

He's getting too old for these newfangled event comics and crossovers.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This may come as a shock to some but Professor Xavier is a JERK!

:wth:

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I have really liked most of X of Swords, but I am really starting to want Mystique to go ahead and break Sabretooth out of jail so we can kill one of the Five already. Hickman is doing a great job but a lot of the other writing is starting to be a drag.

A big 22 part crossover was a mistake.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
wow, a copter AND a chopper.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Dawgstar posted:

FF spoilers: Franklin Richards isn't a mutant anymore, thanks to Slott. And we just had a miniseries about how he was. Also a really good miniseries some years ago about it, but I guess Cerebro needed that latest firmware update to know for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql9hrV40LvM

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Was Age of X-Man any good? I'm looking at it and thinking "Yeah, I thought this dude was so cool when I was a kid."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Nilbop posted:

Was Age of X-Man any good? I'm looking at it and thinking "Yeah, I thought this dude was so cool when I was a kid."

I liked X-Terminators.

The build up in Uncanny was dumb and bad and basically destroyed X-Man as a character for other people to use, but it wasn't as bad as what happened in Uncanny afterwards.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

site posted:

I'm a little curious, since this was handed to you like that is this like, a reverse aero/swordmaster situation where they wanted to develop a mecha series that will be translated for a Japanese audience? Are there figurines in the pipeline?

Lego just announced some Marvel-theme mechs but it could be a coincidence.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

I hate to deviate from my own tangent so quickly but I just got done with Hulk 40 and I was smiling like a dope the entire chapter long. Ewing's ability to jump between tones is unparalleled. And he gave me two of my favourite lines in a long, long time.

Three if you include the title drop. That wonderful title drop.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

Nilbop posted:

I thought the same thing growing up so I'll save you time: no it isn't good

nemesis_hub
Nov 27, 2006

Nilbop posted:

I hate to deviate from my own tangent so quickly but I just got done with Hulk 40 and I was smiling like a dope the entire chapter long. Ewing's ability to jump between tones is unparalleled. And he gave me two of my favourite lines in a long, long time.

I was in a terrible mood and that issue perked me right up. we’ve gotta be building to something big with issue 50 right?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nilbop posted:

The title drops are one of my favorite things in this run. You can always read them like six different ways and this last one was just so loving good.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Artelier posted:

My one wish is for Tony Stark to armour up into Iron Man to armour up into Hulkbuster to armour up into Hulkbuster Mecha to armour up into Combined Avengers Mecha.

Tony walks the other Avengers out to the hanger and shows them the five mechs that form come together to form the ultimate Avengers mech. Steve congratulates Tony on growing and learning to trust his friends to work together as a team. Tony looks at Steve puzzled as 4 remote controlled Iron Man suits come out and climb into the pilot seats of the other mechs.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

If the Avengers are getting combining robots I don't want just the main seven to get robots, I want all the Avengers to get robots, and I want all of them to combine so the result is one of those Power Rangers robots so big and complex that the guy in the suit cant actually move

like that, but every part is a different Avenger

Gripweed fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Nov 21, 2020

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Tony walks the other Avengers out to the hanger and shows them the five mechs that form come together to form the ultimate Avengers mech. Steve congratulates Tony on growing and learning to trust his friends to work together as a team. Tony looks at Steve puzzled as 4 remote controlled Iron Man suits come out and climb into the pilot seats of the other mechs.

:hmmyes:

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
And the Cap just looks at him and says "that's not what I meant when I said ww should all be wearing matching suits."

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand

Gripweed posted:

If the Avengers are getting combining robots I don't want just the main seven to get robots, I want all the Avengers to get robots, and I want all of them to combine so the result is one of those Power Rangers robots so big and complex that the guy in the suit cant actually move

like that, but every part is a different Avenger
Man, Shinkenger was such a fun series but the mech design...oof...

...was even better :shepface:

radlum
May 13, 2013
For some reason, Marvel 616 is not available on Latin America, but it seems the episode about comics is a pretty good self own for Dan Slott according to this thread: https://twitter.com/Matt_Sibley/status/1330172627529457664

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
See, what I was thinking was that they found a way to monetize their intervention.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I don't remember slott having a deadline problem?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'm just saying, after watching 616 I'm going to be very disappointed if Marvel doesn't announce a Brute Force series written by Paul Scheer very soon.

Also I could have listened to Donny Cates explaining US-1 to an increasingly confused Paul Scheer for the entire hour.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I didn't even realize this was a thing. I'll have to check it out.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

radlum posted:

For some reason, Marvel 616 is not available on Latin America, but it seems the episode about comics is a pretty good self own for Dan Slott according to this thread: https://twitter.com/Matt_Sibley/status/1330172627529457664

Also this is one of the problems with starting out something by saying "I haven't watch it yet but" because the entire episode in reference deals with the Marvel Method of writing and the reason it's Slott is because he's one of the only writers that still uses it. And most of the episode is about how terrible he is at deadlines.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I would think the Marvel method would make it easier to complete work under deadline (for the writer at least) because the artist isn't as dependent on getting a complete script before starting their own work.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Soonmot posted:

I don't remember slott having a deadline problem?

Yeah, it's long been a thing. I think he improved when he got Spider-Man, but his She-Hulk and Avengers: Initiative issues seemed to always be late.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Oh, looks like Marvel Unlimited just added a huge chunk of Nocenti's Daredevil. Still missing whatever was immediately after Born Again. Born Again ends in issue 233, then it has #238, then skips to 252. Looks like they have everything from 252 on now at least.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lol

https://twitter.com/xtop/status/1330246884036898817?s=20

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Deleted. What was it?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

Deleted. What was it?

"Instead saying 'God give me the confidence of mediocre white men' it's now been shortened to 'God give me San Slott.'"

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

X-O posted:

Also this is one of the problems with starting out something by saying "I haven't watch it yet but" because the entire episode in reference deals with the Marvel Method of writing and the reason it's Slott is because he's one of the only writers that still uses it. And most of the episode is about how terrible he is at deadlines.

it's a thread, if you click through, the guy watches the whole episode and posts screencaps of like Breevort going "gee whiz this fella sucks at deadlines but god love 'em" and what have you

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians

Skwirl posted:

Oh, looks like Marvel Unlimited just added a huge chunk of Nocenti's Daredevil. Still missing whatever was immediately after Born Again. Born Again ends in issue 233, then it has #238, then skips to 252. Looks like they have everything from 252 on now at least.

So happy about this!

Now if they can just fill in the massive gaps on Spectacular Spider-man and Web of Spider-Man I’ll be happy. It’s insane how their flagship character is missing SO MUCH of the 80s and 90s runs....

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah, it's long been a thing. I think he improved when he got Spider-Man, but his She-Hulk and Avengers: Initiative issues seemed to always be late.
Also Christos Gage has co-written a bunch of his stuff. He's basically the go-to 'Dan's not finished scripting yet and we need this issue done' guy.

Skwirl posted:

I would think the Marvel method would make it easier to complete work under deadline (for the writer at least) because the artist isn't as dependent on getting a complete script before starting their own work.
Unfortunately, assuming the 616 episode is right, Slott's so terrible at getting stuff in on time that the artists still have to rush to get things done before the deadline.

I mean, I have my own problems with procrastination, but then I'm not employed by a major comics company to write some of their flagship characters.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I haven't been paying that much attention to this whole thing 'cuz, at the end of the day, the amount of Slott books I read continues to be zero, but if it's gotten to the point that it's a consistent burden on the artists who have to work harder to make up for his lovely work ethic then..........yeah F that. This whole trend of failing upwards in the industry is really disheartening.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I'm reading this random Captain America trade and it's got an issue of Uncanny X-Men in it, and I have a question I'm hoping you guys can answer for me.

My question is, what the gently caress?

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Gripweed posted:

I'm reading this random Captain America trade and it's got an issue of Uncanny X-Men in it, and I have a question I'm hoping you guys can answer for me.

The 'lights' are the first wave of mutants after M-day. Referencing the Cerebro map. Hope, Primal, Idie, that speedster who ages faster Velocidad, maybe goldballs? transonic the flying blue girl and Zero.

Unless your question is about the art... I got nothing there

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Nov 23, 2020

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Gripweed posted:

I can only hear this dialog in the Oney Cartoon voice.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Harold Fjord posted:

The 'lights' are the first wave of mutants after M-day. Referencing the Cerebro map. Hope, Primal, Idie, that speedster who ages faster Velocidad, maybe goldballs? transonic the flying blue girl and Zero.

Unless your question is about the art... I got nothing there

When will we see Kid Akira in the current X-Men stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Lord_Hambrose posted:

When will we see Kid Akira in the current X-Men stuff?

I can answer that no better than I can answer why I did this

Only registered members can see post attachments!