Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch

Boris Galerkin posted:

So after doing today’s quest Fischl is basically Don Quixote but not delusional? Everyone seems to wink wink nudge nudge humor her. Except I’m assuming she has actual powers since she’s a playable character but I don’t think the player has actually seen any of it in-game story wise.

Fischl reminds me of Rorschach with how she literally became her badass and delusional antihero identity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirbloody
Aug 21, 2005

Don't fuck with the Rabbi!
Just my luck. I have been pulling on the weapon banner to hopefully get a Rust for Childe. 3 pulls ago I managed to get a Bennett (I had no idea you could get characters on the weapon banner), now I FINALLY pulled a 5* on the banner (under 40 pulls ) .... Amos's bow so within 10 pulls I get 2 non-banner items. Stat wise the Amos bow looks like it will be AMAZING for Childe but I will have to see. Guess I can keep pulling on the banner because my next 4* and 5* should be a banner item right?

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Its kind of infuriating getting chain-knockbacked by bombs and pushed outside of the circle, and then watching your progress bar dip back down to zero as the game patiently goes through the death animation. :argh:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Sirbloody posted:

Just my luck. I have been pulling on the weapon banner to hopefully get a Rust for Childe. 3 pulls ago I managed to get a Bennett (I had no idea you could get characters on the weapon banner), now I FINALLY pulled a 5* on the banner (under 40 pulls ) .... Amos's bow so within 10 pulls I get 2 non-banner items. Stat wise the Amos bow looks like it will be AMAZING for Childe but I will have to see. Guess I can keep pulling on the banner because my next 4* and 5* should be a banner item right?
Amos bow is awkward. It's a 5* weapon specializing in the most underpowered archetype in the game. But it's still a 5* and when you count riptide bonus and Q it's better for Childe than R0 and probably even R2 rust so it's still good.

I'd just stop pulling, you're as far from a 5* as you'll ever be and you don't really want rust anymore unless you want to level amber and give her Amos bow instead (it's her BIS!).

kater
Nov 16, 2010

im sure they did this on purpose but i just noticed with the exception of diluc they made all the best characters off-banner 5 stars.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

kater posted:

im sure they did this on purpose but i just noticed with the exception of diluc they made all the best characters off-banner 5 stars.
Do you mean with the exception of Klee, Venti, and Bennett?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

MarcusSA posted:

Where did you see that?

It's this event, but on further reading it's not just inviting and being a specific AR, it's inviting up to three people AR7 or below and getting them up to AR15. I'll do a lot of stuff for free swag but the time investment in rigging that up (and the fact that half the rewards are only for the AR7 people) wouldn't be worth 180 gems.

So I get to continue being antisocial!

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

kater posted:

afaik Diluc is also off-banner, he appeared on the graphic for the first standard banner but wasn't any more likely than any other 5* on the banner

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
The delivery of Scaramouche(?)'s lines sounded impressively natural, nuanced like a real person in a real conversation. I wonder who his VA is.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hipster Occultist posted:

Its kind of infuriating getting chain-knockbacked by bombs and pushed outside of the circle, and then watching your progress bar dip back down to zero as the game patiently goes through the death animation. :argh:

Yeah some of these fights are 1000% bullshit.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

i like how some of the meteorites have mini-bosses nearby so you can invite them over and activate it for maximal chaos.

Flavahbeast posted:

afaik Diluc is also off-banner, he appeared on the graphic for the first standard banner but wasn't any more likely than any other 5* on the banner

i know, i suppose my phrasing was bad.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Easiest one is the one where you 1v1 a Fatui rogue guy and only need to kill 2 of them imo.

The mass Hillichurl one is surprisingly painful. Never get out of it without taking tons of damage, mostly from the archers that spam spread shots while outside the circle.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

One I fought was like 5 shovel guys who kept crowding me out of the arena. Due to a convienent ledge it was really difficult for me to get around them and re-centered.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
The worst is anemo hillichurl shamans or whatever the gently caress. First time I tried one there were too on either side outside of the circle, and inside the circle was a nonstop tornado while the big guys spun around in a death spiral. Targeting the shamans as soon as they spawn is the best move there.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Tsyni posted:

The worst is anemo hillichurl shamans or whatever the gently caress. First time I tried one there were too on either side outside of the circle, and inside the circle was a nonstop tornado while the big guys spun around in a death spiral. Targeting the shamans as soon as they spawn is the best move there.

Taking out samachurls first is always the good move. They'll either throw whirlwinds at you and suck you into an inconvenient spot, throw spike walls in your way as you dash, or make those stupid geo pillars to make your life harder.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bussamove posted:

Taking out samachurls first is always the good move. They'll either throw whirlwinds at you and suck you into an inconvenient spot, throw spike walls in your way as you dash, or make those stupid geo pillars to make your life harder.

Rain ones heal enemies, meanwhile, pretty rapidly too. Dendro ones are possibly the worst if you're using Pyro characters though because they can put Dendro on you, so if you light yourself on fire you will burn to death really quickly if you can't extinguish it somehow.

Archonex posted:

This is hinted at in her ascension items. You see, each of the elemental items relates to a possible take on a given personality trait that is dominant in the person. Water for instance relates to the purity of one's ideals and a devotion to see them through. Mona for instance represents her absolute devotion to prophecy. Barbara is reprsented her devotion to becoming an idol even though idol's are clearly from Alice/Klee's mom's world, who was isekai'd from another world. Meaning that no one even knows what an idol is in the alternate reality of Teyvat/Ark. Tartaglia/Childe is a darker take on that, what with his bloodthirstiness as well.

Electricity however represents royalty/nobility and a determination to make the world one's own. Meaning that the edgy book nerd edgy book nerded so hard that she may have actually gotten either reality or some being in charge of visions to acknowledge her as an incarnation of the very thing she was fawning over! The girl basically pulled a Morrowind and mantled her way to becoming a proto-goddess.

I'm curious about your take on the other elements, since all of the elements seem to have some desire to change the world or challenge their fate or something (befitting the characters having a Vision reflecting their will to see those changes through).

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
Everyone having trouble with the salvage operations clearly isn't running Venti or Sucrose because chaining the succ makes things go very quickly.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

this event is pretty fun if you have venti, his burst turns into an impressive clusterfuck with all the things spawning

Razeam
Jul 13, 2004

Nya~
Yeah, I've been happy with Venti's burst for this event.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Venti plus Klee has proved slightly unfair, yes.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Just hit C5 on Ningguang. Meanwhile I've pulled Beidou once, Diona not at all, and I'm on track to hit Childe before too long. That's fine, because I already have a Rust for him, but please game, just give me the catgirl, I want a cryo that isn't Kaeya.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Now that I raised Ningguang to a level where she can fight well (and gave her the Solar Pearl) she's really strong. Her second constellation seems bonkers (I have C3 on her IIRC). It lets me cast the wall constantly, which is a good source of damage (and lets you keep up the "pass through the wall" buff constantly). Her C1 also seems to be a big deal and results in a zillion damage numbers popping up when fighting groups. She also seems good at survivability, due to a combination of her wall, Geo shields, and being a ranged character.

I'm not sure if it makes sense to still try to finish the weekly "do X domains/leylines/bosses" BP objectives, since there's an opportunity cost of not doing the event. Clearing the event shop shouldn't be that hard, so maybe there will be enough left over.

YES bread posted:

yeah Genshin is like 1/3rd dudes currently but that is still an incredibly dude-favored ratio compared to a lot of gacha that aren't specifically targeting a female audience. and sometimes, well, it throws people off

In terms of announced 5* it's closer to half (and it'll be a majority of actual banner 5*s with the Zhongli banner).

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I'm not sure if it makes sense to still try to finish the weekly "do X domains/leylines/bosses" BP objectives, since there's an opportunity cost of not doing the event.

You don't have to spend the resin on any of those to accomplish the BP. Leylines spawn 4 per day. Bosses respawn after like 5min, and you can just do the first few floors of Abyss for domain credit.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I'm not sure if it makes sense to still try to finish the weekly "do X domains/leylines/bosses" BP objectives, since there's an opportunity cost of not doing the event. Clearing the event shop shouldn't be that hard, so maybe there will be enough left over.

those missions are all just a question of time/planning, since you don't need to spend resin to complete any of them. clear your 4 leylines a day and kill a couple bosses, leave the flowers behind and daily reset will wipe them so you can repeat the process. domains can be done by breezing through the lowest difficulty of one and just exiting without using resin after.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

dogsicle posted:

those missions are all just a question of time/planning, since you don't need to spend resin to complete any of them. clear your 4 leylines a day and kill a couple bosses, leave the flowers behind and daily reset will wipe them so you can repeat the process. domains can be done by breezing through the lowest difficulty of one and just exiting without using resin after.

The abyss also counts for domains so you can just start at 1-1 and do all you can really quickly to bang out that BP line item.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Its really easy to look forward and calculate how much you actually need to do to clear the BP and imo if you're going for it its definitely something you should be looking at. You don't necessarily have to do every weekly or even every daily to get to 50, there's a lot of slack. I barely did the leyline one at all last month and still had a ton of bep leftover

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

In terms of announced 5* it's closer to half (and it'll be a majority of actual banner 5*s with the Zhongli banner).

and no new dude 4*s so far which keeps the overall ratio roughly the same. even games like GBF where the overall most popular characters tend to be male doesn't nearly approach gender parity

homeless snail posted:

Its really easy to look forward and calculate how much you actually need to do to clear the BP and imo if you're going for it its definitely something you should be looking at. You don't necessarily have to do every weekly or even every daily to get to 50, there's a lot of slack. I barely did the leyline one at all last month and still had a ton of bep leftover

Yeah the bp gives a surprising amount of leeway, it's nice. I kinda go back and forth on enjoying the structure bp gives to daily play and being glad when I'm done with the chore list, though

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Pope Urbane II posted:

Everyone having trouble with the salvage operations clearly isn't running Venti or Sucrose because chaining the succ makes things go very quickly.

Not having Venti continues to be a pretty big tax to pay for starting a month late.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i like clearing the 4 leylines daily since they at least drop monster mats compared to domains and non-weekly bosses, though if you get some of the bad spawns that are just cicins + cicin mage it really doesn't feel worth it. and they're stuck in those bad spawns until you actually clear them with resin.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

There’s no way the weekly bosses are worth 60 resin past a40 if you don’t want the talent piece right?

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

kater posted:

There’s no way the weekly bosses are worth 60 resin past a40 if you don’t want the talent piece right?

Only if you're farming for 5* gladiator or wanderer's pieces? (Do general bosses drop 5*s at any rank?)

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
The question is why don't you want the talent drops?

But they also can drop 5* gladiator.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I don't see why you wouldn't want the talent drops or the prototypes, or at the very least the bep

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

is C1 Ninguang decent with Venti? None of my leveled dudes have good synergy with his wind ball and my only other catalyst options are Lisa, Sucrose and Barbara

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

Flavahbeast posted:

I got a second Diluc instead of Childe on the current banner a couple days ago so I'd say he's probably on it...

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Flavahbeast posted:

is C1 Ninguang decent with Venti? None of my leveled dudes have good synergy with his wind ball and my only other catalyst options are Lisa, Sucrose and Barbara

Swirl won't do anything for her but yeah in theory Venti's burst would actually work well with all the splash damage from Ningguang's normals.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

kater posted:

You would want to consider the opportunity cost. If you don't want to level your characters' talents past level 6, I have no idea what else you don't value.

dogsicle posted:

i like clearing the 4 leylines daily since they at least drop monster mats compared to domains and non-weekly bosses, though if you get some of the bad spawns that are just cicins + cicin mage it really doesn't feel worth it. and they're stuck in those bad spawns until you actually clear them with resin.

You could do them and not take the reward. Save that resin for elsewhere until tomorrow when the keyline will change to a different location.

Pope Urbane II posted:

This event is definitely punishing for overload teams and teams without proper crowd control; the former can throw enemies out of range, and the latter have hard time dealing with intentionally annoying enemy placement.

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch
Wow, Venti's story quest was really neat. I hope that Zhongli's is good as well.
Also, Mondstadt doesn't have any...rulers? Is it basically just an Ordenstaat like how Liyue is a Plutocracy?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Klee+Sucrose continues to trivialize most things and I couldn’t be happier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

does venti’s Q now suck up klee’s bombs?