Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

marshmallow creep posted:

Hm. Missed that. What is the magazine called? Some things may still be broke on my end.

Robco Backyards Robotics Issue #1

If you have it you should be able to craft the recruitment beacon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Hm. Something's not working right. I have a settlement beacon but no one has shown up. Will need to do some experimenting.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Is it powered and turned on?

tom kite
Feb 12, 2009

Hm. Something's not working right. I have a settlement beacon but no one has shown up. Will need to do some experimenting.

Check that your version of workshop framework is up to date

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Leal posted:

Is it powered and turned on?

Oh yeah, regular settlers are showing up.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

I had this problem in Survival mode. Turning it to normal mode made the game work.
I recommend any of the non-survival difficulties anyway because there have been several times I had to revert to an older save because one of the quests broke on me (Vault Tec HQ) and some of the plot buildings bugged out during one of the tutorials.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

:nws: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/48332 :nws:

Every day we stray further from Atom's glow.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

+15 carry weight -1 charisma :v:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I trust the lone survivor will remember to put their gun's safety on before partaking

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Gonkish posted:

:nws: https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/48332 :nws:

Every day we stray further from Atom's glow.

Knew what it was before I clicked.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Knew what it was before I clicked.

Big fan huh

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Nah, I just saw that earlier while I was looking for mods to include with SS2 and that popped up in the general mods list. I knew once I saw it that it would end up here.

Reminds me of the thread title for (I think?) Stalker: "I love my gun. That ain't oil."

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Nov 10, 2020

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
lol, I combined Be Exceptional, Weapon Overhauls All-in-One, SS2, and drat Apocalypse, and somehow taking just the first level of Scrounger has given me thousands of .38cal and hundreds of .50cal and other high level ammunition. Clearly something has gone wrong.

This is why I've been using comprehensive stuff like Horizon as I've gotten older and just lost patience for building custom mod lists. I just want to play for once :unsmith:

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

What exactly is Horizon? I saw it’s some kind of gameplay overhaul but not sure what it entails. Is it like Ordinator for Skyrim?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
It's a complete overhaul. Perks, combat difficulty, survival mechanics, settlement building, the works.

Maybe Requiem would be a better Skyrim analogue?

Azhais fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Nov 10, 2020

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Original Sim Settlements (plus Industrial Revolution, I thnk) plus the scavenger beacons or whatever (call your NPC to come pick up a container or stuff and take it back to your base), I ended up with multiple ammo factories and ridiculous amounts of ammo just accumulating.

Water-baroning helps, of course, if you're regularly buying out all the ammo/scrap/materials with Atom's Finest Mostly-Pure Hydration. IIRC, I had the entire buildable area of the Sanctuary river filled with purifiers, at the end of my last run. (Had to make up for not getting the shitwater station down by the beached ship - the specific enemy I needed to kill didn''t spawn at the restaraunt/brewery. Seems it's a known bug, that the last enemy will sometimes pop at the construction site near the robotics plant, etc., and if you don't find and kill him, the recruitment mission stays locked. Couldn't even console-force it to complete. :()

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Azhais posted:

It's a complete overhaul. Perks, combat difficulty, survival mechanics, settlement building, the works.

Maybe Requiem would be a better Skyrim analogue?

Oh wow, ok. I remember Requiem and I remember not enjoying it much as it turned the game’s difficulty on its head. I’m not into mods that try to turn these games into survival or Dark Souls games.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Has anyone messed around with the caravan services in SS2? I assume it's like the IDEK's Logistics Station and set ups supply lines for you, right? Are the 2x2, 1x1, and interior plots basically the same thing?

Finding information on the different buildings is hard.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Electric Phantasm posted:

Has anyone messed around with the caravan services in SS2? I assume it's like the IDEK's Logistics Station and set ups supply lines for you, right? Are the 2x2, 1x1, and interior plots basically the same thing?

Finding information on the different buildings is hard.

It's roughly like IDEK's Logistics station, though it doesn't seem to be quite as intelligent.

They're municipal plots (either 2x2 or indoor), and they seem to connect to the nearest caravan post plot(s) available.

If the info I've read off the Sim Settlements forums is correct, they don't actually connect a supply line until the plot hits level 2, but that's relatively easy. Also, later on in the questline you get access to salvage beacons (which work exactly like the standalone salvage beacons mod), and apparently THOSE only work if a nearby settlement has a caravan plot up and running.

My biggest gripe with SS2 thus far is that the more advanced plots (especially municipal) are unlocked fairly far into the questline. I'd like the caravan post to be one of the earlier ones. I get why that's not a thing, but it's frustrating to basically have to run through the SS2 questline to get my supply network up and running.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

chaosapiant posted:

Oh wow, ok. I remember Requiem and I remember not enjoying it much as it turned the game’s difficulty on its head. I’m not into mods that try to turn these games into survival or Dark Souls games.

It reworks death so it drops you off at a nearby settlement. The gimmick is your health bar is bigger but harder to refill casually, though if you die it's not game over-- just kicks you out of your current excursion.

It does add some good challenge though and mixes up enemy weaknesses in interesting ways, and also rebalances the economy and loot so you don't leave every raider encounter with $5,000 in pristine weapons to flip.

There are definitely times where you'll wipe some jokers, and there are times you'll say nope and skip a fight that looks like too much while you're heading somewhere. It's a good change of pace.

Chronojam fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Nov 11, 2020

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I also like that it makes enemies much weaker in the weak spot, so if you're good and careful you can kill things very quickly. Also yeah stuff isn't hyper lethal to you, but your health is a resource you want to be careful about spending.

I would really describe it as a resource management game, you spend a lot of time thinking about whether you want to spend bullets and health doing something, and you want to collect resources to spend them on doing major areas. The collection focus also helps with getting rare materials to make better guns and build up your settlements which help to produce basic supplies for you and fast travel options. It's a surprisingly cohesive experience once it clicks. You're exploring to find stuff, you use stuff to beat obstacles and build up your power base, beating obstacles gets you rarer stuff which allows you to spend your resources more efficiently, building up your power base gives you a better jumping off point to explore from and automates basic supply gathering.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 11, 2020

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gonkish posted:

My biggest gripe with SS2 thus far is that the more advanced plots (especially municipal) are unlocked fairly far into the questline. I'd like the caravan post to be one of the earlier ones. I get why that's not a thing, but it's frustrating to basically have to run through the SS2 questline to get my supply network up and running.

I think it wouldn't too bad if there wasn't a mandatory wait period.

As it is after clearing Olivia you have to wait 2 days, then do the quest in Concord, and then wait another 2 days before you get the quest that unlocks the additional plot types. If they made it an option to skip the wait period through like dialogue options or something it would feel a lot better.

Chronojam posted:

It reworks death so it drops you off at a nearby settlement. The gimmick is your health bar is bigger but harder to refill casually, though if you die it's not game over-- just kicks you out of your current excursion.

My interest in Horizon just shot way up.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Does anyone know of a mod that adds a horizontal version of the concrete pillar/corner filler piece?

Or like a floor piece that size?

8one6 fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Nov 12, 2020

Hobo on Fire
Dec 4, 2008

8one6 posted:

Does anyone know of a mod that adds a horizontal version of the concrete pillar/corner filler piece?

Or like a floor piece that size?

I haven't used it in forever, but G2M Workshop (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17088) has a ton of oddball concrete parts, including at least a few that I think would fit what you are describing.

The same length and width as the concrete wall sections, but some only as high as a flat floor piece, others a bit thicker.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Hobo on Fire posted:

I haven't used it in forever, but G2M Workshop (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17088) has a ton of oddball concrete parts, including at least a few that I think would fit what you are describing.

The same length and width as the concrete wall sections, but some only as high as a flat floor piece, others a bit thicker.

Awesome, thank you!

Edit: This had exactly the piece I was looking for (plus a bunch of cool stuff.) Again thanks!

8one6 fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Nov 14, 2020

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Electric Phantasm posted:

My interest in Horizon just shot way up.

It completely redoes most of the gameplay loops in a way that, to me, feels way more satisfying. OwlFancier was spot on about resource management. You won't have limitless ammo, and weapon upgrades end up feeling substantial, and varied.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Oh yeah, regular settlers are showing up.

Have you had any luck with this? I've had the same issue and I've tried deactivating mods, starting a new game, the whole works. I'm just trying to figure out if it's my game, or if SS2 is broken for the moment.

Edit: Managed to get it working by building something in Red Rocket instead of Sanctuary. Now the plots aren't appearing in the menu after I got the ASAM

Edit 2: Issue solved completely through using a proper mod manager rather than the built-in mod downloader.

TheSwizzler fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Nov 13, 2020

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Glad you got it fixed. I'm not totally sure what was causing that particular problem for me. A lot of mods weren't working, and I checked my MO2 and one filepath was wrong. I fixed that and the broken mods started work, but nothing would make that dude show up until I started a new game.

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

I had the same problem as yall, updated frameworks, no mod conflicts, updated mod, tried restarting the game, cleaning with resave, disabling all other mods etc.

In the end it turned out to be a load order issue, the load order I was seeing in MO2 wasnt real, I checked in the mods tab in the game itself and it was wrong there, fixed that and it worked next time I rebuilt the broadcast tower.

IllustriousChen
Feb 16, 2012
Did you use LOOT through MO2?

LOOT is awesome for easy load orders.
Just click the button.

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

Think I'm going to take a break from SS2 and wait for it to get patched up. The Memory Lane quest is extremely buggy on my end.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
and now the needs HUD has disappeared completely. I've reinstalled all the mods, reloaded, used the holotape, tried starting a new settlement, short of reinstalling the entire game and starting fresh I think I've hit the limit

drat I love me some sim settlements but I think this might have been released a little early.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Just launched this game for the first time in forever and completely forgot I had installed a mod that replaces the main screen background with the Talking Heads' Once In a Lifetime music video (mod is now gone from Nexus, presumably from a copyright strike).

flightless greeb
Jan 28, 2016

Is there a mod that prevents radiant quests from sending me back to areas I've already cleared? I hate the make work feel of killing enemies I just killed and unlocking the same locks etc.

I don't love the radiant quests in general but I don't really hate them either - but the way the game is currently set up I'm like afraid to explore new areas in case I just get sent back to them again later

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

This might be common knowledge, but for whatever verisimilitude the O.U.C.H. mod adds to combat, it also adds an extreme flash / bloom / screen shake effect when the player is affected by AoE attacks. It was presumably introduced to make fighting glowing ghouls harder, but in practice it triggers for every field effect in the game, including those produced by robot companions that you build.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

What's the threads opinions on the best option to replace all the pipe weapon's? I'm gonna do another playthrough of four after I'm finished with NV, without some settlement wrecking my saves, but I'm really not feeling seeing a buncha trash guns in the world.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14598/
+
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/20725/

or

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21900/

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Thank you. Never again shall my my playthrough be blighted by a ton of rusted bullshit I refuse to even loot.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I also find that it helps to add in weapons like the Schofield No. 2, Mauser (Chinese pistol), N99 10mm pistol, 10mm SMG, trench shotgun, etc. These spawn on raiders too, and it gives them more weapon variety and makes them worth looting sometimes without being a huge jump in power.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

There is also a mod that just remodels all the pipe guns to have better models but I can't remember what it is called.