Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

So I can't compete any of the meteorite things, I just get shredded in seconds every time. How do I do anything vs 5 archers, an abyss mage, two giant axe guys, 3 big fire slimes and like 5-6 small slimes at the same time? It's just overwhelming and I just spend all of my time dodging until I run out of stamina and die.

I have no idea what your team comp is like, but the answer is likely to munch food and run around in circles. Everything has jacked hp/defenses and the lock-on will constantly screw you, so it's just a slow plod toward victory with the only satisfaction being that you're done for the day. I wound up burning buff food today just to make it through some of the bullshit.

Boris Galerkin posted:

What do I even do at this point of the game? I don’t have any more quests available that I’ve found and the OP says I shouldn’t be feeling for artifacts until AR45.

You shouldn't blow resin on, or massively upgrade, artifacts before 45 when domains start spitting out 5* ones constantly. Once you have your carry in decent artifacts for them you can easily crank them to +10 or so. I've got a bunch of levels in them (at AR36) just because I ran out of artifact space. The main thing is to realize that until you get 5*s these are all disposable and you shouldn't spend time and effort trying to max them out or hunting for good ones. Give your junk artifacts with HP buffs or nice set bonuses to your supports. Blowing your resin on domains to get a nice AR30 artifact set becomes a waste of time in a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I just slash everything in the event with lvl80 Keqing, rarely have to use anyone else (though water mages + cryo slimes were really tough combo).

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Boris Galerkin posted:

Is there a general guideline for what level my artifacts/weapons should be relative to my current AR? I’m at I think AR27 and I have my 4 star relics upgraded to 8 but everything else is at 4. My Klee is at 50 and everyone else at 40 and I’m having trouble clearing even floor 3/chamber 1 cause I don’t think I have enough dps or I’m just really bad at mechanics.

What do I even do at this point of the game? I don’t have any more quests available that I’ve found and the OP says I shouldn’t be feeling for artifacts until AR45.

Not sure about artifacts but your main DPS and their weapon should be at the max level it's possible to have at your AR.

I think at your point in the game you should be durdling round opening boxes, doing the daily missions and the event until you hit AR29 and the next main quest opens up

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

Is there a general guideline for what level my artifacts/weapons should be relative to my current AR? I’m at I think AR27 and I have my 4 star relics upgraded to 8 but everything else is at 4. My Klee is at 50 and everyone else at 40 and I’m having trouble clearing even floor 3/chamber 1 cause I don’t think I have enough dps or I’m just really bad at mechanics.

The Traveler doesn’t have a vision? What about those things on her sleeve that glowed blue in the first scene with Venti when the dragon saw her?

Work on your weapons, ascensions and talents and dailys. Tho with the event running you should probably just focus on that.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I got to AR45 with 56 fragile resin intact. But now I don't want to spend them. I just like looking at them.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i went ahead and maxed decent 4* artifacts i came across into +16 fairly early on, so i've always had DPS running around like that with supports trailing a bit behind. feather is the first priority for DPS, cup next if it's element%, and a raised flower will give a good amount of extra bulk to anyone. i did also farm up two decent 4-5* sets of Venerer around AR40 that are sitting half-leveled on my Sucrose and unused Venti. at least in that case the set effect felt potent enough to aim for even if the pieces will be replaced later.

definitely agree with some of the combat struggles in this event. the electro pulses triggering overload on you is quite annoying and i think fucks up using Bennett, archers and enemies in general sitting on the edge or outside the circle are annoying, and running into cryo Fatui in the rain is hell (why did it take waiting multiple days for rain to subside?). Childe and Sucrose at least help solve some of the issues and mostly i'm finding it a fun opportunity to flex a janky Childe team.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Unused Venti...

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

I just slash everything in the event with lvl80 Keqing, rarely have to use anyone else (though water mages + cryo slimes were really tough combo).

Yeah same except Diluc go brrrrr as mentioned. Diona with her low cooldown shield and aoe heal helps a lot. I imagine Bennett would as well.

I'm actually having a blast with the meteorites, I try to see how much idiotic havoc I can create in the tiny space with xiang ults and bears, flaming birds, ice storms and MC tornadoes all going. poo poo's hilarious.

On an alt account I've built up Ningguang and just park her near the meteorite and let her do her artillery thing, her screens help a lot with archers and such, and crystallize clears the element.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Diona's ult into Venti's ult is disgustingly good.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Ok, I think it was my own fault that I was having so much trouble, does the event scale to world level? Because I was trying the highest difficulty at WL5/AR42 and I think it was just scaled way too high for my level 60-70 characters. The second difficulty level was actually pretty easy.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I've been finding that my current team of Xiangling/Qiqi/Fischl/Noelle have been an absolute blast in the meteorite fights, just making GBS threads out massive amounts of physical dps and sustain along with aoe burst when I need it. I've cleared out the event shop of the xp and have gotten Qiqi and Noelle to 70 and Bennett to 50 with it all. It's nice to be at a point where I'm gated by ascension materials again.

Also, I burnt through my entire collection of 3* and lower artifacts leveling up a bunch of 4/5* artifacts. What's a good way to get more until I hit AR45 and start farming artifacts in earnest?

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Nuebot posted:

The second tier of those meteor missions broke me and I no longer care about the rewards, they're just too not fun to force myself through them. The circle is too small, and it combines every single aspect I hate about the domains into one tiny package. The one I tried earlier threw me in a tiny area with like a dozen of the fire bomb treasure bandit guys, while the meteor its self kept spitting out almost constant electro pulses. So the instant I failed to dodge even one thing I was juggled into oblivion on a wave of perpetual explosion reactions.

I'm beating the meteors pretty easily despite being underleveled and not having any of the broken five stars. I just run Noelle+Diona and have permashields up.

Granted it sometimes takes me 5-6 mins to clear a meteor, but I haven't failed one yet. I think people need to respect survivability more, or at least not make shocked Pikachu faces every time their max DPS team gets hit by something.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I've realised that the worst part about the Childe boss fight is that it means it's one more disappointment per week when I don't get any prototypes

I'm hitting a point where I could do with more 4* weapons but I'm hesitant on pulling on the weapon banner because I'm not building towards the character banner pity and even then 3 of the 5 rate up 4* weapons would be completely useless to me so the chances of me getting something useful are pretty small

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Ibblebibble posted:

I've been finding that my current team of Xiangling/Qiqi/Fischl/Noelle have been an absolute blast in the meteorite fights, just making GBS threads out massive amounts of physical dps and sustain along with aoe burst when I need it. I've cleared out the event shop of the xp and have gotten Qiqi and Noelle to 70 and Bennett to 50 with it all. It's nice to be at a point where I'm gated by ascension materials again.

Also, I burnt through my entire collection of 3* and lower artifacts leveling up a bunch of 4/5* artifacts. What's a good way to get more until I hit AR45 and start farming artifacts in earnest?

Just run a few artifact dungeons anyway. I've never understood why the community consensus seems to be "DON'T EVEN THINK OF ENTERING ARTIFACT DUNGEONS UNTIL AR45!" when A. Levelling artifacts is the single best way to power up your characters and B. Artifact exp is really hard to come by. I ran around 15 artifact dungeons between 40-45 and I don't regret that use of resin at all.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Ok, I think it was my own fault that I was having so much trouble, does the event scale to world level? Because I was trying the highest difficulty at WL5/AR42 and I think it was just scaled way too high for my level 60-70 characters. The second difficulty level was actually pretty easy.

I think you might just have been bugged, honestly? I'm AR43 and I've seen at most four minions and one big guy in the meteor at a time.

There can still be world spawns in the area where the meteor landed, but you can clear them out before you start the fight. If everything in that ten-man pile-on was respawning, that just sounds like it spawned two different sets at once.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Sheesh, I know Klee's more damage but this event is showing me how handy Ningguang (C2) is. Longer range, AOE damage thanks to C1, geo shields to avoid knockbacks/interruptions, the geo screen stops a lot of the annoying ranged bullshit during the fights, and while the +60% damage bonus from the event makes her a killing machine she's quite handy even without that. I know the high end abyss floors and such need the super damage optimizations and such but for now I might just... stick with her for open world stuff.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Ibblebibble posted:

The only way to get them is artifact domains, ascension material bosses, daily artifact routes, and weekly bosses. For the next week you should focus on buying out both event shops though.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

as long as you don't go into artifact domains expecting to have an endgame set just dropped in your lap then it should be fine, you'll of course get fodder and maybe an upgrade or two to your existing stuff

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012
If you're having trouble with these, rework your team comp for either shields or anemo CC. You don't need Venti, Sucrose is at most a modest downgrade and is superior for some team comps (i.e. Klee). Ninguang geo screen, Diona shield, Noelle shield, etc. are all hard counters to a bunch of small fry dumping reactions on you.

Tl;dr don't be married to your overworld team, treat this like abyss and build for the challenge.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Bland posted:

Just run a few artifact dungeons anyway. I've never understood why the community consensus seems to be "DON'T EVEN THINK OF ENTERING ARTIFACT DUNGEONS UNTIL AR45!" when A. Levelling artifacts is the single best way to power up your characters and B. Artifact exp is really hard to come by. I ran around 15 artifact dungeons between 40-45 and I don't regret that use of resin at all.

Oh I already run a few. It's just that with all these ascension mats that I need right now, artifact domains are pretty low priority for me at the moment.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Pretty sure I have not updated artifacts at all since WL3, currently at WL5 and not having any trouble. DPS has level 8-16 4*s, support all have 4-8 3*s. Half the time I will play with a support like Chongyun with no artifacts :effort: . Am I the only one that does this? It just feels like artifact management is such a pain, I keep dumping artifacts into decent 5* berserker set pieces since I am constantly maxed out at the 1000 artifact limit. I know I have better artifacts in my inventory than what my DPS has, but I start going through the interface, decide it is too much work and keep bopping slimes. Maybe at AR45 I will try and go through and set up 8 people with reasonable artifacts and try and go through the Spiral Abyss past the 5th floor.

I guess this is in reference to waiting until AR45 to farm artifacts. As I mentioned in a post a while ago, why waste resin for inferior results when you do not need good artifacts, at least through WL5.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Nov 19, 2020

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

At WL5 I did 15% weekly bosses, 70% ascension material bosses, and 15% weapon ascension materials (I had BP so was ok on mora and xp). Idk how people find the time for artifact domains.

Pain of Mind posted:

Pretty sure I have not updated artifacts at all since WL3, currently at WL5 and not having any trouble. DPS has 8-16 star 4*s, support all have 4-8* 3 stars. Half the time I will play with a support like Chongyun with no artifacts :effort: . Am I the only one that does this? It just feels like artifact management is such a pain, I keep dumping artifacts into decent 5* berserker set pieces since I am constantly maxed out at the 1000 artifact limit. I know I have better artifacts in my inventory than what my DPS has, but I start going through the interface, decide it is too much work and keep bopping slimes. Maybe at AR45 I will try and go through and set 8 people with reasonable artifacts and try and go through the Spiral Abyss past the 5th floor.
I find artifacts really addictive and fun and am jealous of your 1000 artifacts. What you can do is at the very least go through your 4*s and look for anything with a good primary stat and two or more good substats and lock them, those will potentially be useful. Putting 4-piece exile on your level 20 support characters actually gives a lot of value as well. Almost all of your artifacts will be berserker/instructor/exile so it shouldn't be too hard to figure which of those sets you want on each character.

Also look for any purple goblets with % elemental damage for your damage characters, swapping ATK% to one of those will give you the biggest/easiest DPS boost.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Nov 19, 2020

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

Artifacts below certain milestones aren't wasted - you can still feed those to better ones later at a cost of 10% xp.
You shouldn't neglect anything between character levels, weapons, talents, and artifacts on your main DPS or team, but you simultaneously don't need to max out any. If you're just looking for something to focus on, I recommend those in that order.
If you don't have time or patience, you can do leylines and get something out of it. It's true for everything that it'll be more rewarding and more difficult at later world levels, but that's how the game scales - gotta get stuff to get there. Nothing is wasted unless you're running domains for ascension materials you don't need.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
90% of the time I use resin it feels like I am running out the door to go to work while I am maxed out at 120/120 before the limit was raised, so I often would dump resin on boss kills to quickly use it. I probably have spent resin 85% on weekly or mini-bosses, 10% on leylines and 5% on domains. I like this current event because it makes it easy to keep resin at 0 while being productive.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Nov 19, 2020

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

You'll have enough artifact XP to +20 the 40 artifacts you can use eventually. At that point all you'll care about is the # of golds you see. The number of golds you see between AR40 and AR45 jumps by 300%. Nothing else scales that much between AR40 and AR45.

Obviously doing artifacts at AR40 will make you short-term stronger. But why do you need to become stronger in the short term? You can beat floor 11 without doing them and floor 12 is a freakin brick wall unless you own Diluc and Klee.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I haven't used Venti in weeks apart from Abyss. Sucrose is more fun and doesn't mess with melee.

I suppose having 95%+ completion in every zone is also a factor, though.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm slowly raising him just to have anemo access/cc in a second abyss team but the way people talk about him ended up making me glad i didn't lean on that particular crutch immediately (just Diluc and Qiqi instead :cheers:)

Sucrose ftwbtw

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
What's a good place to collect crabs

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

inthesto posted:

Falcon Coast - north next to a cryo Whopperflower, next to the hilichurl camp, and south near a glowing crack in the cliff; around 20 total
Lihua Pool - 3 of those pools contain 3-4 crabs each

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

inthesto posted:

Hidden island in the northeast of the map has a ton.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Hyper Inferno posted:

Hidden island in the northeast of the map has a ton.

I'll have to remember to put a teleporter there when I unlock it

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

No Wave posted:

Also look for any purple goblets with % elemental damage for your damage characters, swapping ATK% to one of those will give you the biggest/easiest DPS boost.
What percentage of a character's damage output should be elemental for this to make sense? Like Diluc for example feels like he's doing about 50/50 physical and fire except during his ult.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Are the main stat artifact modifiers set specific or just slot specific? Like I've seen a bunch of wanderer's string kettles with differing elemental damage but I never seem to get that modifier on other sets that use the same slot.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

they're slot specific, so you can get weird combinations like pyro% on a Venerer cup and so on

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Osmosisch posted:

What percentage of a character's damage output should be elemental for this to make sense? Like Diluc for example feels like he's doing about 50/50 physical and fire except during his ult.

It's usually always worth it to specialize unless it's a perfect 50:50 split. You're trading +46.6% base ATK for x1.466 DMG on your preferred element, which is actually a lot.

Base ATK is typically around 650-700 at level 80, so ATK goblet will give around +320 ATK. Let's say your ATK is ~1500 without the goblet, then an ATK goblet adds 21% effective DMG.

dogsicle posted:

they're slot specific, so you can get weird combinations like pyro% on a Venerer cup and so on

I'm running a 5* Lavawalker with cryo DMG, lol

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Osmosisch posted:

Diluc players generally spec him for pyro. I think much more than half of his total damage should come from pyro given that his ult has a 12 second CD and his normals deal pyro damage for 8 seconds afterwards - combined with his E + ult I'd imagine he's at least 2/3ds pyro.

If a character really is 50/50 (conceivable with DPS Xiangling) it's better to choose phys because phys bonuses get more % than elemental bonuses (I think it's a 1.875:1.5 ratio). ATK is very rarely correct - off the top of my head it would involve an elemental threesome with Chongyun or C6 Bennett.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Nov 19, 2020

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Osmosisch posted:

The only time you want phys damage imo is on Razor/Xiang Crescent Carry/Phys Klee. Every other time you want the element. And they're both better than atk because they're multiplicative multipliers and it's usually harder to find dmg then atk. Also dmg modifiers apply to your feather while atk does not.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I have no Diluc, Jean, or Venti. I do have Sucrose and Bennet... but they are both level 1.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Hackan Slash posted:

The only time you want phys damage imo is on Razor/Xiang Crescent Carry/Phys Klee.

Physical Klee? That doesn’t make sense to me since she can’t deal physical damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Hackan Slash posted:

The only time you want phys damage imo is on Razor/Xiang Crescent Carry/Phys Klee.

Did you perhaps meant Phys Keqing rather than Klee?