Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

xzzy posted:

Like 99.9% of titan exotics are built around punching things, they should probably be pretty good at punching things.

Warlocks can be good at flinging magic around from a long distance.

They get a cross-map homing fireball that can track around corners. It is/was the best melee in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Also shoulder charge is poo poo and if you die to it you deserve it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Yeah shoulder charge is not good but I assumed he meant in PvE

Warlock stasis melee is still good, really good, it's just not completely ruinous anymore. It's a free kill in midrange

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's sad that the second best Warlock spec in the game got nerfed so all the Warlock players have to fall back on the literal best spec in the game, Top Dawnblade

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Any idea why the game wants me to do Last Call before i can go to the tangled shore? I did that months ago, and have been on the shore tons of times.

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Deviant posted:

Any idea why the game wants me to do Last Call before i can go to the tangled shore? I did that months ago, and have been on the shore tons of times.

Did you actually finish the Forsaken campaign? I know they reset any in-progress campaigns when they released Shadowkeep for some technical reason, so maybe they had to do that again with Beyond Light

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

Rubellavator posted:

Did you actually finish the Forsaken campaign? I know they reset any in-progress campaigns when they released Shadowkeep for some technical reason, so maybe they had to do that again with Beyond Light

Yes, this is new as of today. I've talked to crow and done tons of stuff on the shore.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Rubellavator posted:

Also shoulder charge is poo poo and if you die to it you deserve it.
Hot take but penumbral blast was no different. If you died to it you deserved it or were going to die anyways.

Stasis titan melee attack is basically like a more fair shoulder charge. (But it should maybe be better in pve)

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

yeah so it reset my forsaken progress. maybe i never finished it on my titan.
well i can go to the shore now so whatever ill finish it later.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
The difference is that Penumbral Blast has very little risk to just toss at someone while a shoulder charge whiff is very likely to kill you. I mean, you'll still throw it at doorways when you expect someone to come through you just can't catch someone across a room who isn't paying attention.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/destinyplayers1/status/1329472611735187457?s=21

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Eej posted:

The difference is that Penumbral Blast has very little risk to just toss at someone while a shoulder charge whiff is very likely to kill you. I mean, you'll still throw it at doorways when you expect someone to come through you just can't catch someone across a room who isn't paying attention.

My penumbral blast whiffs killed me plenty. There was plenty of times I hit someone, died to their gunfire, and no-one was around to follow up to kill them.

Now it's just like any other warlock melee where it's barely different then just landing 2 melees.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Landing two melees kills anybody so I don't know if you're saying warlock melee is hideously overpowered or you're confused

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

you'll have to ask someone else about the size of her cans

Hipster Occultist posted:

So I'm not super in tune in with all the destiny news so this came as a bit of a suprise, but isn't kinda of hosed that Bungie wants yet another $10 bucks out of me only a week after the release of their $50 expansion? The one with not enough content to begin with?

Also, while I've got a rant going, anyone else real disappointed with how Stasis is structured? A time-gated unlock system for a super that won't be as good as my Stormcaller for weeks seems kinda hosed too.

lol

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Eej posted:

Landing two melees kills anybody so I don't know if you're saying warlock melee is hideously overpowered or you're confused
No, I'm saying charged warlock melees are underwhelming in pvp because they don't really do much more then uncharged melees. ball lightning and bolts have a bit of extra range, but it almost doesnt matter at that point because if you're trading you'll probably just get shot or punched twice.

Meanwhile titan shoulder charge, while not without drawbacks is a "delete this person" button.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Warlock charged melees are some of the best PvP melees in the game. Celestial Fire has huge range and tracks so you it's a great finisher or something you can toss risk free plus if it kills while you're mid air it regens itself. Ball Lightning is basically an extra grenade that you can throw around corners or over cover. Penumbral Blast can still be used to stop shotgun rushers. Atomic Breach has insane melee lunge. Devour lets you completely dominate lobbies weaker than you.

Shoulder charges are almost universally better as movement abilities than actual melee attacks.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Finally got the Necrotic Arms exotic and goddamn its just absolutely filthy with a thorn equipped.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

What Titan exotics if any work with Stasis? I thought the Stand Asides might with the melee but nope

Also is anyone else seeing fps tank in the shore by Spider or Riis-Reborn specifically? I think it's all the particle effects but can't seem to sort it out.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

RBA Starblade posted:

What Titan exotics if any work with Stasis? I thought the Stand Asides might with the melee but nope

Also is anyone else seeing fps tank in the shore by Spider or Riis-Reborn specifically? I think it's all the particle effects but can't seem to sort it out.

Heart of Inmost Light

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Dunemarchers proc off every melee during Glacial Quake

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bideo James posted:

Heart of Inmost Light

I somehow still do not have that lol so I'll use the Dunemarchers then

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Dunemarchers and inmost light are the two big ones.

Synthoceps and wormgod are second tier options.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Finally got the Necrotic Arms exotic and goddamn its just absolutely filthy with a thorn equipped.

That sounds fantastic. Shame my warlock is a low level, it will be awhile until I get them.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Eej posted:

Warlock charged melees are some of the best PvP melees in the game. Celestial Fire has huge range and tracks so you it's a great finisher or something you can toss risk free plus if it kills while you're mid air it regens itself. Ball Lightning is basically an extra grenade that you can throw around corners or over cover. Penumbral Blast can still be used to stop shotgun rushers. Atomic Breach has insane melee lunge. Devour lets you completely dominate lobbies weaker than you.

Shoulder charges are almost universally better as movement abilities than actual melee attacks.

You make a compelling and well reasoned points, but I don't notice myself dying to that stuff nearly as much as I do to shoulder charges.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Do the two poison effects stack seperately? I'm also wondering about Monarque since I just managed to get that from the exotics booth.

Visual Basic Bitch
Sep 4, 2019

RBA Starblade posted:

Did this just start happening or have you been seeing it since BL launched? I haven't noticed anything myself.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Visual Basic Bitch posted:

Did this just start happening or have you been seeing it since BL launched? I haven't noticed anything myself.

Only in the last few days, when the Hunt started I think. It settles down after a minute or two but it feels like the game's going to crash until it does.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Apparently turning off Shader Caching (in your NVIDIA Control Panel) will fix the FPS issues.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

loving shaders ruining things again.

(Yes I know)

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

quote:

We’ve identified an issue where the Vanguard strike Playlist difficulty was unintentionally set to 1100 Power.

Somehow this "bug" just slipped by huh.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mill Village posted:

Apparently turning off Shader Caching (in your NVIDIA Control Panel) will fix the FPS issues.

Thanks, I'll see if that works

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I'm definitely noticing an improvement with this simple tweak.

Bideo James
Oct 21, 2020

Mill Village posted:

I'm definitely noticing an improvement with this simple tweak.

same here. huge improvements everywhere.

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
50% Entertainment By Volume. Guaranteed!
Pillbug
So is there anything to do in the Cosmodrome other than dailies and strike and 2 lost sectors?

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

there is a short campaign for new players, but no. The cosmodrome wasn't all that great in D1 and I think people are realizing it.

Hopefully when we get the SIVA-ified areas in, we'll see them add seasonal content to it.

Majere
Oct 22, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I forget if Archons Forge was good or not.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The cosmodrome was totally fine as patrol zones go, other than the not being able to sparrow between all the areas.

The problem with it, like all patrol areas, is there's no reason to go and spend time there. In D1 we were forced in to it because we needed destination materials.

I don't know how you change that without making everything grindy as gently caress, but in a game where your primary interaction with the world is shooting it I'm sure Bungie could come up with something that involves guns and loot.

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
50% Entertainment By Volume. Guaranteed!
Pillbug
OK, so nothing for returning players there to do other than the aforementioned items and collect spinmetal. Got it. Kept grinding stuff on Europa and just kept asking myself "When is this going to go to the cosmodrome?"

I really should start in on this hunt stuff...

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Shadowkeep is $12 at the Humble Store right now, but what does it actually add at this point? Anything other than its campaign and bounties on the Moon? I have Forsaken so I already have the middle line classes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

OzFactor posted:

Shadowkeep is $12 at the Humble Store right now, but what does it actually add at this point? Anything other than its campaign and bounties on the Moon? I have Forsaken so I already have the middle line classes.

It depends

I believe that expansion adds exotic quests for Deathbringer, a fun gimmic rocket launcher, and Xenophage, one of the best machine guns in the game

All of the weapons and armor in the expansion is 'sunsetted' but Bungie might reverse that