Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Penguin Patrol posted:

Dynamite is so so good and JR has pissed me off to the point that I have actually tweeted a tweet at him. This was probably a mistake but I hope others will follow my lead so we can actually get some change happening.

https://twitter.com/kiarrrash1/status/1329463392155922432

Have you ever supported a community bake sale?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I love community bake sales. But what I don't love is a guy IMMEDIATELY associating a women's community focused on wrestling with bake sales and then saying that out loud on national TV. You know why this is, stop playing devil's advocate.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Come on, this is a bad faith argument.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Because Tony Kahn is a billionaire funding a for-profit community for women / wrestling fans.

Heels should be a free outreach program, with any money brought in going to charity.

The joke is they don't need any of our money because all wrestlers /staff in AEW are doing better than the common person / fan, and holding a bake sale to raise more money that would go into a coffer that's already full to the brim.

But JR should lay off the wardrobe malfunction stuff ( happened once or twice?)

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not exactly thrilled with Heels being a paid program, but that isn't really the issue here.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

When the AEW Women's Division discourse hits

https://youtu.be/pEb_BV5TAfA

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Because Tony Kahn is a billionaire funding a for-profit community for women / wrestling fans.

Heels should be a free outreach program, with any money brought in going to charity.

The joke is they don't need any of our money because all wrestlers /staff in AEW are doing better than the common person / fan, and holding a bake sale to raise more money that would go into a coffer that's already full to the brim.

It’s a marketing initiative, these are not reasonable expectations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lol what are you smoking

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I like bake sales and now I want a brownie but have none :(

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

once and he already apologized for it

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

It's a shame The Undertaker is such a massive dipshit chud because he comes off as a pretty likeable old dude in this clip:

https://twitter.com/undertaker/status/1329461848362651649

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

It's a shame The Undertaker is such a massive dipshit chud because he comes off as a pretty likeable old dude in this clip:

https://twitter.com/undertaker/status/1329461848362651649

Lots of old folks are like that. Seem really likeable/normal and then you see them online posting poo poo about Trump for 10 more years or something crazy. Online was a mistake.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

No it's not and what you're doing here sucks.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Malcolm, it's a lovely joke because it's finding humor in the patriarchal idea that the only way a woman lead project can get funding is by holding a bake sale, which is sexist and patriarchal as gently caress

It's not that they don't need the money, that would require JR to mention the Khans, which he didn't

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

It is truly the day after Wednesday

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Maybe just ignore the bad posts and post more (potentially bad) tweets

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

You're thinking too hard about the joke. JR is just an old man and sometimes pulls out old jokes and turns of phrase. Which honestly would be pretty whatever if he wasn't also a professional talker and part of that is staying up to date with your audience. If the audience doesn't get or like the joke, they're not there problem.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Vince MechMahon posted:

No it's not and what you're doing here sucks.

Agree to disagree, friend.

Anyways: The dudes that run the iron sheik twitter are funny sometimes.

https://twitter.com/the_ironsheik/status/1329210638921555968?s=20

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ganso Bomb posted:

Maybe just ignore the bad posts and post more (potentially bad) tweets

Ask and ye shall receive

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackEvans711/status/1327864738794135553

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I feel like I’ve only seen positive reviews of Heels by people who’ve actually chosen to participate, so there’s that, even if there are valid criticisms to make about how it was launched and promoted.

Yeah there's a great idea in there that I want to love, there's just problems with how it's been delivered. And that's not all AEW's fault cause lots of their plans for it were reliant on there not being a pandemic. They're doing their best in terms of what you actually get for it, it's just the marketing strategy that's a big duff and it's promoting a message that isn't being reflected by the actual product

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

NienNunb posted:

After last week I think we’ll have good women’s division comments this week.

3 segments, banger match, looks like we’re going to continue to get Rosa in the division. Looks like they are pushing Jade and Anna. I’m assuming they’ll follow a similar path as Britt in terms of getting a push regardless of in ring ability, but as long as they have them up against vets like Deeb or Rosa or Shida, we should be able to get good matches out of it.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Shard posted:

Lots of old folks are like that. Seem really likeable/normal and then you see them online posting poo poo about Trump for 10 more years or something crazy. Online was a mistake.

Online is great, old folks are the mistake.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Lone Goat posted:

Online is great, old folks are the mistake.

gently caress you for making me remember the movie North by accident

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

NienNunb posted:

It’s super awesome and not tedious at all.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1329534504894021632

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Please Dave don't hurt 'em..... wait, disregard that, hurt WWE as much as you want, Dave.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Rhea is suffering from “Every woman must eventually be fed to Charlotte” and it’s a testament to how good Asuka is that she was somehow able to power through it.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Rhea losing to Charlotte at Wrestlemania will be a key moment in her story arc

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Rarity posted:

Rhea losing to Charlotte at Wrestlemania will be a key moment in her story arc

Yeah endings are pretty key moments.

Dr. Baker
Jan 25, 2012

Numb me, drill me
Floss me, bill me
My wife is a member of AEW Heels. She says the live zoom events are worth it.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Lets move on from the AEW bad discourse, for some... AEW bad discourse

https://twitter.com/TeamLouie/status/1329543613118881792

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

mfcrocker posted:

Lets move on from the AEW bad discourse, for some... AEW bad discourse

https://twitter.com/TeamLouie/status/1329543613118881792

Is this the guy who was in the Dark Order skits?

Also, I’m sure the people who want Cody dead and/or homeless will love this. He is so hated just for making a new promotion and it rocks.

Guess we’ll see where this goes!

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

ICR posted:

Is this the guy who was in the Dark Order skits?

Also, I’m sure the people who want Cody dead and/or homeless will love this. He is so hated just for making a new promotion and it rocks.

Guess we’ll see where this goes!

I like Cody a lot, but if there's even a shred of truth to this gently caress him.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Procrastinator posted:

yeah renee is a good teacher

This does fit with the mythology I have worked out in my head

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

mfcrocker posted:

I like Cody a lot, but if there's even a shred of truth to this gently caress him.

Every bit of this reads like the direct boss was using Cody hates you a gaslighting tactic.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

Vince MechMahon posted:

Every bit of this reads like the direct boss was using Cody hates you a gaslighting tactic.

Yeah, that's not a bad shout.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

God I love Sami Zayn.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Vince MechMahon posted:

Boss: "Cody loving hates you, he wants to throw up every time he sees you, it's only because of me you have a job at all"

Cody walking by: "HEY BUDDY" *high fives*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Vince MechMahon posted:

Who is the direct boss here? 6'5" Hall of Famer should narrow it down quite a lot