Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I just saw a video of the flying minecarts trick in botw and that's all I've been doing to do for the last hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

This has probably been asked already way too much but how is the D pad on the 8bitdo SN30?

I’ve been waiting to get the official wireless SNES controller from Nintendo but the drat thing is always sold out, and I hate the D pad on the Pro Controller.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I hope you can pet the doggos in BOTW2

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Violet_Sky posted:

I hope you can pet the doggos in BOTW2

Throwing hundreds of bird parts at them for love hearts even when you've already got their treasure is all the reward I need and basically identical to the experience of owning a sheep dog. They don't want pats when they're on the clock they want juicy meat.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006
I'm gonna need a dlc pack soon that includes linkle, skull kid, and tingle. I was really bummed they aren't in this.

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
My wife recently got her own Switch and she's been asking me a lot about "relaxing Switch games." Animal Crossing aside, she's wondering about Gris, Donut Country, Abzu (juuuust missed than $2 sale), and A Short Hike. I haven't played any of those but they all seem relaxing? Anyone have strong opinions about any of those listed? Other suggestions? This is her first time ever having a console since the Game Boy. She's excited and I'm excited for her.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
A Short Hike is perfect for her. Spiritfarer is also an incredibly relaxing game but has a few complex systems.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Dark Souls

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

dr.acula posted:

Dark Souls

She's been watching me play Dark Souls for 8 years. She hates Dark Souls.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Wildtortilla posted:

She's been watching me play Dark Souls for 8 years. She hates Dark Souls.

Divorce her and marry wifu Priscilla

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Solaris 2.0 posted:

This has probably been asked already way too much but how is the D pad on the 8bitdo SN30?

I’ve been waiting to get the official wireless SNES controller from Nintendo but the drat thing is always sold out, and I hate the D pad on the Pro Controller.

I personally prefer the dpad on the nes30 over the sn30 because it's smaller and clickier, but they're both way the gently caress better than the official one. The dpad is like the number one reason to get an 8bitdo.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Hollow knight is pretty relaxing imo

Worklurker
Jan 2, 2014

Oscar Wild posted:

If I just buy 1 picross game now, which one should it be?

Voxelgrams with steamworkshop support.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Worklurker posted:

Voxelgrams with steamworkshop support.

Is that on the switch?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Voxelgrams itself is, yes. It's the closest we're going to get to Picross 3D until Nintendo makes a proper one, and it's bare bones but passable. If you just want a single 2D picross any of the S ones are fine but S3 is probably the best starting point. They're all more or less the same poo poo.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Wildtortilla posted:

My wife recently got her own Switch and she's been asking me a lot about "relaxing Switch games." Animal Crossing aside, she's wondering about Gris, Donut Country, Abzu (juuuust missed than $2 sale), and A Short Hike. I haven't played any of those but they all seem relaxing? Anyone have strong opinions about any of those listed? Other suggestions? This is her first time ever having a console since the Game Boy. She's excited and I'm excited for her.

Outer Wilds

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

uPen posted:

Outer Wilds

Outer Wilds isn't on switch

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Solaris 2.0 posted:

It's good.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
I love Picross so much. It took a really long time for me to find Mega Picross to be enjoyable, like I think it was still a chore for me in all of the Picross e series on the DS, and it wasn't til the Switch games where it finally clicked with my brain.

Also, even though I've known her for years, it was only a few months ago that I found out my fiance does Picross on paper in puzzle books - which I hadn't realized was a thing but duh, of course it is

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001

Wildtortilla posted:

Animal Crossing aside, she's wondering about Gris, Donut Country, Abzu (juuuust missed than $2 sale), and A Short Hike. I haven't played any of those but they all seem relaxing?
GRIS is an odd one. The actual gameplay is pretty mild and it's a beautiful game. But it's also a highly emotional game about loss and coping. I think people generally find catharsis in it, but I wouldn't necessarily call it relaxing.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Isn't Stardew Valley supposed to be relaxing

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Outer Wilds isn't on switch

Huh coulda sworn I played on switch but maybe it was ps4, that's a shame.

Philosopher King
Oct 25, 2006

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Isn't Stardew Valley supposed to be relaxing

Stardew valley is the only game I ever felt like I could pay twice the full price for it and I would still feel like I got it for a steal. Definitely a good relaxing game. One you can sink 500 hours into on accident.

It was made by one guy.

Prepare to feel unaccomplished.

Bonus: https://youtu.be/ceFR8--6Obo

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

uPen posted:

Huh coulda sworn I played on switch but maybe it was ps4, that's a shame.

The Outer Worlds is on Switch, and it's easy to confuse the names, but maybe that's not what's tripping you up.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

I finished the Mario levels in Mario Picross recently so I decided to treat myself to S1. drat they automatically mark the completed numbers for you. This is so comfy, I love it. I’m sure this has been a feature for a while but it’s been a decade since I played Picross DS.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Wildtortilla posted:

The Touryst is a nice little quest. You are not punished severely for failure and a lot of the sounds come from the pretty environments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSQD5xJeXpk

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Spellman posted:

The Touryst is a nice little quest. You are not punished severely for failure and a lot of the sounds come from the pretty environments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSQD5xJeXpk

This looks really fun. Like I want to play it now.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I got Picross S3 and S4 in the sale

I really need to complete S2 before I play them though

The problem is Mega Picross: I like it way way more than regular Picross. Regular Picross is boring to me now

So I’ve completed all of S2’s Mega puzzles and now I have to go back and do the same ones in boring old regular Picross mode snorrrre

Maybe I’ll jump into S3 today anyway. I really wish it had more than 30 colour puzzles

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Lmao I got a chance to use the pro controller and the d-pad really makes mr driller painful

Other than that it's a good controller of course. But dang it's worse than I expected on that. Oh well, works great for goose game

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

so let me get this straight. the pro controller is the must-own accessory for the switch. however, its d-pad is awful. so awful, in fact, that it needs modification from its owner.

i'm not disparaging it, by the way. i truly want to know that's the case.

night slime
May 14, 2014
I have the old Splatoon one from 2017 that was apparently bad. Apparently they improved it since then but I'm not sure how if they really did: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/10/a_revised_nintendo_switch_pro_controller_has_been_spotted_in_stores

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
The dpad is fine but not good, the rest of the controller is perfect and the battery lasts like 2 months.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

abelwingnut posted:

so let me get this straight. the pro controller is the must-own accessory for the switch. however, its d-pad is awful. so awful, in fact, that it needs modification from its owner.

the snes 60 pro is better, outside of a game that needs gyro like splatoon

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Hedrigall posted:

I got Picross S3 and S4 in the sale

I really need to complete S2 before I play them though

The problem is Mega Picross: I like it way way more than regular Picross. Regular Picross is boring to me now

So I’ve completed all of S2’s Mega puzzles and now I have to go back and do the same ones in boring old regular Picross mode snorrrre

Maybe I’ll jump into S3 today anyway. I really wish it had more than 30 colour puzzles

If you like the color puzzles you should check out Pic-a-Pix Deluxe. The game is a little cheaper feeling but it’s got so many puzzles and DLC puzzles that you’ll probably never run out unless you’re an absolute Picross degenerate like myself. Those people have earned every cent of my money that I’ve given them

I’ve solved 2,040 puzzles in Deluxe plus another almost 900 in Pic-a-Pix Pieces. And some of those are massive, like 30x30 or bigger.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

abelwingnut posted:

IMO it's... ok? If you're trying to do really precise stuff in something like Tetris it might be a pain but mine's been pretty good. I also may have lucked out with a decent one.

Also agreeing with Stardew Valley, however the combat might be a bit much if she doesn't play action games at all. Everything else about it is extremely laid back. That spring music :allears:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The pro controller kicks rear end for almost every game

If you play a ton of Dpad games with dangerous inputs like Tetris99, use something else like an 8bitdo

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

night slime posted:

I have the old Splatoon one from 2017 that was apparently bad. Apparently they improved it since then but I'm not sure how if they really did: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/10/a_revised_nintendo_switch_pro_controller_has_been_spotted_in_stores

What's wrong with the Splatoon Pro Controller? Mine's been trucking along solidly for years :confused:.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
Stardew Valley is a good suggestion for a chill game, but there is a proportion of people who find it stressful instead, due to the time management element. It’s like cilantro or something.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I'm a broke brained minmaxer and found Stardew kinda stressful but also extremely rewarding. It's one of those games that when I get into it I fall down a hole and spend 500 hours building the most perfectly laid out superfarm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

nrook posted:

Stardew Valley is a good suggestion for a chill game, but there is a proportion of people who find it stressful instead, due to the time management element. It’s like cilantro or something.

Let me fish all day without getting sleepy :argh: