Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Don't forget to do the quests hidden in the event menu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The optimization argument is nice and all but Razor will perform more than well enough even if you aren't keeping that up time. Hell I've cleared up to Abyss 7 without even pairing him with a cryo because I'm a dumb baby. I would prefer Diona because she's offering more utility (shields and healing) than Kaeya who is there solely to proc cryo and otherwise does nothing.

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004

berenzen posted:

Abyss 12 is it's own dumb thing, because Diona's shield scales super hard in there, and the vast majority of enemies are, and you just run him in side 2 because huge amounts of the enemies there natively have cryo (aside from room 3 which is just fatui, who have -10% physical res to begin with) so you get superconduct without needing kaeya, anyway. Trying to revolve literally everything around abyss 12 is really loving dumb, because the abyss fucks with and forces certain team comps anyway. Trying to build your team as if every encounter that you have is going to be abyss 12 is really dumb, when the abyss fundamentally forces you to alter your teams builds that would work better when roaming around in the overworld.

Ok if you're taking about Razor keeping up with endgame carries it doesn't matter anywhere but harder content. If you're just talking overworld you'll be killing most things within a one superconduct application anyways. If you're doing overworld stuff you don't need a full hold shield with Diona, just tap to apply and it's just as much uptime as Kaeyas skill. Saying to only use Razor if you are getting 100% uptime on superconduct is also pretty dumb statement overall imo. I'm just curious on what particular content you are referring to where Kaeya is so much better than Diona.

I have played this whole game with Razor as my main carry and with Kaeya as support, and I would still use Diona over Kaeya for all content in the game. I'm not disputing that Kaeya has better cryo application, but if you have the option to use Diona over Kaeya I'd suggest doing so.

Of course if you don't want to because you don't like the character or whatever more power to you, use whatever you find the most fun is what I always say.

vandiar fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Nov 20, 2020

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

moush posted:

Don't forget to do the quests hidden in the event menu.

The UI for the event is such a goddamn mess.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Diona's Q seems amazing for razor. TBH I would even consider running both Kaeya and Diona because you could pump Diona's Q faster (frostgnaw makes tons of orbs), the resonance bonus is aight, and you're not swapping into support DPS as much with Razor anyways.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Purely for overworld I think two anemo, with a tall char, is the best option. I have had to switch up my party a bit for this event and it feels like I am moving in slow-mo.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't
There are times when I'm tempted to drop Diluc for a bit at least in overworld but when I try it I feel so slow...

Arbitrary Number
Nov 10, 2012

I use Diona's shield to go a little faster.

Don't know if it is overall but I'm zoomin

Sepah
May 13, 2014
I use Mona in overworld for her insanely fast sprint. It's just a bonus that she provides vaporizes and damage bonuses for Diluc.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
What is this island in the sky

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Boris Galerkin posted:

Secret anti-god nuke

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Boris Galerkin posted:

The main quest line will introduce it to you in Lihue

If you want to know now, it's Ningguang's floating Jade Palace

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
Do the meteorites get progressively more difficult the more you do? The first five or so weren't all that bad, but I'm starting to get what people mean when they talk about how annoying the archers are. Switching Xiangling out for Xingqiu helped a bit—applying Pyro wasn't working well with the meteorites' Pyro aura and being able to freeze the big guys in place is supremely helpful—but these combinations smart something fierce.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I think the enemies spawned will depend on your region. So the first region may have had easier enemies, then the next region happened to have harder ones. I haven't noticed any difficulty progression in the 13 or so encounters I've done though outside of the regional differences.

MadMadi
Mar 16, 2012

I'm still very early in this game (AR12), but hearing people with crazy deep rosters has me wondering if the frequency of pull currency picks up much. I've done 2 so far (Noelle and Ningguang) but don't feel like I'm getting more of the currency to do pulls.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

MadMadi posted:

I'm still very early in this game (AR12), but hearing people with crazy deep rosters has me wondering if the frequency of pull currency picks up much. I've done 2 so far (Noelle and Ningguang) but don't feel like I'm getting more of the currency to do pulls.

no, people have been playing for over a month (2 months?) at this point so have had a lot more time to accumulate stuff. its just slow tho. and of course some people spend money to get more pulls

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

They gave a lot of free pulls out at launch also. After the freebies dry up you get enough gems from the dailies to do a free pull every other day + whatever you get from daily logins + events + abyss

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

MadMadi posted:

It's the opposite, you get a lot more at the start from quests, abyss and opening all the chests in the world. After that you are down to the 60 per day from dailies and whatever they give you for events.

I started about a week after launch and from spending no money this is what i have.

(2 Venti, 3 Sucrose, 2 Chongyun, 3 Noelle, 4 Fischl, 5 Xiangling, 3 barbara, 1 Klee, 1 Qiqi, 1 Diluc, 1 Diona, 1 Ningguang, 1 Beidou)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Welkin for a week after I started the game, had enough pulls for basically 2 5 stars naturally.

Seriously, Welkin is the only buy I would highly recommend.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

I liked this event until I fought a hydro Fatui dude who absolutely refused to enter the circle, instead opting to spam heals on the electro Fatui dude inside the circle who's shield I could not break because I didn't have a cryo character. In general I'm not a huge fan of Fatui enemies who are nearly invulnerable if you don't have the exact correct element while having more required element types than you have slots on the team.

Flaming June
Oct 21, 2004

How do people like to build out their support DPS?

For Fischl, I have her set up with Thundersoother's (missing a fourth Thunderer's piece) with an Electro cup. Is it worthwhile to go for Crit % on her if I'm just using her to plop down Oz?

I also have a Venti with a Viridiscent set, but what artifact stats do people like with him? He's using a Favonius bow but would replace it with a Stringless if I ever get one.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

CJ posted:

It's the opposite, you get a lot more at the start from quests, abyss and opening all the chests in the world. After that you are down to the 60 per day from dailies and whatever they give you for events.

I started about a week after launch and from spending no money this is what i have.

(2 Venti, 3 Sucrose, 2 Chongyun, 3 Noelle, 4 Fischl, 5 Xiangling, 3 barbara, 1 Klee, 1 Qiqi, 1 Diluc, 1 Diona, 1 Ningguang, 1 Beidou)

That roster is bangin. I’ve bought two Welkins, the battlepass, and $30 of gems and I have Mona and Klee to show for it.

Gacha’s gonna gacha.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

MadMadi posted:

I just started a few days before 1.1 dropped and did the re-roll guide linked in the OP and don’t remember how many in total it was, but it has you pulling until you’re totally spent. Anyway now I’m at AR28 and spent $0. I’ve done ~30 pulls since the beginning (10x on the standard banner, 10x2 on the current banner, and whatever free standard pull tokens the main quests have given me). All my gems have come from doing every quest that pops up.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"

Vargs posted:

I liked this event until I fought a hydro Fatui dude who absolutely refused to enter the circle, instead opting to spam heals on the electro Fatui dude inside the circle who's shield I could not break because I didn't have a cryo character. In general I'm not a huge fan of Fatui enemies who are nearly invulnerable if you don't have the exact correct element while having more required element types than you have slots on the team.

Honestly the best way I have of dealing with that fight is that if you kill the Hydro Fatui first, then leave the Geo Fatui alive and just continuously kill the Electro Fatui you at least don't have to deal with continuous healing by someone you can't reach. It seems that there's a 'support slot' that the hydro/geo fatui occupies so if you leave them alive the game keeps spawning the hammer guy.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

CJ posted:

Counterpoint, I've been playing since a couple days after release and have skipped a few days of dailies but paid for one blessing and I've only got:

1 Qiqi, 1 Sucrose, 1 Klee, 5 Noelle, 3 Fischl, 4 Xiangling, 4 Barbara, and 1 Beidou. Got plenty of 4 star weapons, even if they're almost all the junk ones. Edit: Forgot to add one to count the original C0 pull of the characters I had constellations for.

nessin fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Nov 20, 2020

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I pulled Childe today and the game went from "oh, ok, this is fun" to "HOLY poo poo WATER BLADES GO BRRRR" and things are just falling at my feet. I'm doing Childe/Fish/Xinqiu/Baedou and just evaporating things, it's nuts. Maybe the game realized I picked up Welkin today and threw me a bone.

People have said so already but the two things that stood out most in helping me is

1) invest in artifacts, even if they're blue. Don't go nuts, but there's nothing wrong with getting them up a bit, 90% of that xp will transfer into the next thing you use. Also, upgrade those feathers! Those plus...

2) weapons! Upgrade them and keep them as high as you can. A 4 star is a massive upgrade over a 3 star and woof.

I wish I could blast those things to folks starting out, because I had no clue and didn't realize the game was faster paced than it was for me.

Side note, I got Welkin's today. What should I burn the gems on? Just more wishes? I'm assuming the little packs you can buy are largely garbage.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

2 blessing, 2 battle pass:

Pulling a lot of characters is mostly about making 40 to 50 pulls on each banner. It's something you have to do over time because different 4 stars take turns being rate up and trying to pull a non-rate up 4* is fruitless. The only characters I pulled without a rate up are Chongyun and Bennett (and Keqing on the beginner banner), everyone else was pulled on a banner they were rate up on (or in Razor's case bought from the shop).

So no matter when you start you shouldn't expect to get more than 3 new characters every 3 weeks to start with.

Saxophone posted:

Side note, I got Welkin's today. What should I burn the gems on? Just more wishes? I'm assuming the little packs you can buy are largely garbage.
Wishes for sure. Refreshes are something you should just tell yourself you never do (ok, I did one once and ofc it felt good but it's a bad way to spend gems).

No Wave fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Nov 20, 2020

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The only 4 star I'm missing is Chong. The only character I have at C2+ is Xingling and ugh Razor.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

MadMadi posted:

People who started early got showered in free wishes and did a lot of rerolling because of that. Add in Welkin ($5/month, 3000 gems doled out over that period) and the battle pass ($10 per 6-week BP, gives tons of good stuff) combined with just playing and getting apology gems... they accumulate pretty quickly. The two, and soon to be three, free characters on offer let you shore up problem spots in a team.

Unlike the above crazy lucky 5* ridiculous roster, a lot of people are more or less rolling with free characters and a handful of 4* pulls. You could refuse to spend a single gem from now on and have Ningguang (carry) + Xiangling + Fischl + Noelle. If you're not pulling the lever every time the slot machine resets then you'll eventually accumulate enough currency to go after something you really want, and when you make your pulls for that you'll pick up a bigger roster along the way.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
0$, no rerolls, but started a couple days after release. Very average imo

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Avynte posted:

0$, no rerolls, but started a couple days after release. Very average imo

Yeah this looks most representative of average so far. Missing one rate up 4* but hitting all the others is typical, two 5*s by this point is pretty normal without rerolling.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I started playing two weeks after release and have spent $35 ($5 in gems + the $15/mo subscription stuff) but I also rerolled until I got a 5* in my starter rolls

everyone is c0 except Xiangling (c3) Noelle (c3) Barbara (c2) Sucrose (c2) and Ningguang (c1)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I've been playing since launch. Didn't reroll for anybody, started with no 5*, have spent maybe $40 total.

Yes, my luck is hosed.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Week one. Rerolled for Venti. Bought two Welkin and one BP.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe
After building solar pearl and C2 Ning from the last BP and current banner, I was already intending to use my saved guaranteed pity (pulled Mona on Venli banner) on Zhongli. I'm now strongly considering getting Deathmatch (crit polearm) from this BP to go all in on big-numbers-burst squad (Ning, Mona, Bennet and Papa Geo). I previously planned to get the sword for some future character I don't have because it seems solid, but now I'm pretty set on this. Tell me how dumb I am.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I just did a batch of 4 meteorites, and they all pulsed cryo. One of which was 90% cryo slimes. Ugh

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Haven't unlocked it yet, is it known if you can have more than one of the craftable teleporter active at the same time?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Zebia posted:

Haven't unlocked it yet, is it known if you can have more than one of the craftable teleporter active at the same time?

Says in the description only one at a time

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

aparmenideanmonad posted:

After building solar pearl and C2 Ning from the last BP and current banner, I was already intending to use my saved guaranteed pity (pulled Mona on Venli banner) on Zhongli. I'm now strongly considering getting Deathmatch (crit polearm) from this BP to go all in on big-numbers-burst squad (Ning, Mona, Bennet and Papa Geo). I previously planned to get the sword for some future character I don't have because it seems solid, but now I'm pretty set on this. Tell me how dumb I am.

just wait for him to actually be out and people to run him through some tests. especially with a freebie 4* like Crescent Pike kicking around you'd want to be sure Deathmatch offers something meaningful enough for you to burn $10 on, unless you happen to really like the look or something (imo it's pretty cool, just doesn't jive with Zhongli's colors probably).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!

Whoreson Welles posted:

I’ve bought two Welkins, the battlepass, and $30 of gems and I have Mona and Klee to show for it.

What the gently caress is with everyone’s roster? Is my luck that poo poo?