Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I'm enjoying Iwakakeru too, it's a pretty solid sports anime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
https://twitter.com/SentaiFilmworks/status/1329137912387153921?s=20

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Seems cruel to announce that on twitter.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Adachi and Shimamura is such a set of "JUST DO IT ALREADYYYYY" but it's really sweet :syoon:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

FilthyImp posted:

Adachi and Shimamura is such a set of "JUST DO IT ALREADYYYYY" but it's really sweet :syoon:

I'm fine with the slow burn. They need time to work out their feelings. Admittedly things would go a lot faster if someone would just explain to Adachi what a lesbian is and that it's fine.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
when will we get an adaptation of the lesbian manga about two office women who violently beat the poo poo out of each other and shoot intense stares when they can't beat the poo poo out of each other

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

The Colonel posted:

when will we get an adaptation of the lesbian manga about two office women who violently beat the poo poo out of each other and shoot intense stares when they can't beat the poo poo out of each other

Wait is that a real manga?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Kwyndig posted:

Wait is that a real manga?

yeah. i forgot the name of it though it hasn't gotten updated in a while

e; it's black & white https://mangadex.org/title/53205/black-white

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, printing in color can be expensive, but what's the series called?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
There's also LOVE/DEATH, about a lesbian relationship so unhealthy that it loops all the way back around to being weirdly wholesome.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
There's also please accept my fist of love.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That one is not so much unhealthy as just they are extremely dumb.

If you want unhealthy relationships, please consult the collected works of Takemiya Jin.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
*looks at takemiya jin creating a pink haired witch in animal crossing and then drawing them as a tall woman with a big butt* i dont see wahts unhealthy here chief

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Well they're not all unhealthy.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
There's also Murcielago, which is about many murder lesbians

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Some sort of Geass announcement in a couple weeks. Just says 'new project,' so it could be anything from a new movie, a new tv series, or something that isn't an anime. Like, iunno, a game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lelouch vi britannia commands you to whale

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Gonna be hard for any Geass mobile game to top the Geass Granblue event ending Which just had the cast decide to stay in the Granblue world cause it was way less lovely than their home world

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
i saw the preview images for the next episode of yashahime, and now i'm sad

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

chumbler posted:

As the sole person still watching it, I'm still enjoying Iwakakeru. Its biggest flaw however is that Iwamine is not in every scene.

I like climbing and it pissed me off too bad that the main girl starts out lead climbing extremely difficult stuff, I think it would have been better for to actually have to learn something at some point.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Gonna be hard for any Geass mobile game to top the Geass Granblue event ending Which just had the cast decide to stay in the Granblue world cause it was way less lovely than their home world

I miss all the good GBF crossovers.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Acerbatus posted:

I miss all the good GBF crossovers.

they just announced a demon slayer one

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it's the first time i have been tempted to granblue but I'll just avert my eyes from zenitsu and inosuke and whatever other awesome characters they add like rengoku/akaza/doma/uzui

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I started playing cause of the Precure event which was amazing but now am deep in gacha hell thanks to cags and Katalaina/Vira

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Endorph posted:

Some sort of Geass announcement in a couple weeks. Just says 'new project,' so it could be anything from a new movie, a new tv series, or something that isn't an anime. Like, iunno, a game.

I hope it's a pizza hut promotion where pizaa hut comes out with a new recipe that's better than the oil laden stuff they put out

wielder
Feb 16, 2008

"You had best not do that, Avatar!"

Endorph posted:

Considering they're making a bigger deal out of this, it'll probably be a new anime in some form.

They already announced a mobile game earlier, like about a year ago...and then they walked it back.

Doesn't mean they couldn't also launch a new mobile game as a tie-in though, but not as the main thing.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Could be an actual game-game and not a mobile game? Like an RPG or SRPG in the setting or something. They made some of those for DS back in the day, and stuff like the Fairy Tail RPG has done pretty decently.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Elaina ep 8: Ya'll are loving weird.

I wonder if she's ever going to...you know...get any blowback from her attitude towards others.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

AlternateNu posted:

Elaina ep 8: Ya'll are loving weird.

This whole show is weird. I'm waiting for the swerve where it goes back to being a melancholic non-morality tale.

https://i.imgur.com/zTQlPEb.mp4

Malsangoroth
Apr 2, 2015

Elaina is amateurishly written, but that last episode was actually pretty funny. Perhaps this show was a comedy all along? Perhaps it was... I who was in the wrong all this time? Are my eyes opening to the light at whimsy? That I shouldn't have taken it seriously from the get-go!? Was I was the equivalent of that one really religious aunt you had growing up who caught a glimpse of you watching Animaniacs and shrieked about how satanic liberal TV was indoctrinating kids to the gay joys of defenestration which set off Uncle Ted and one thing led to another and by the end it culminated in a blood-curdling family brouhaha over whether Lincoln was a monster for subjugating the South and Thanksgiving was ruined!?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
bro it's just a clunky adaptation of a light novel

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Malsangoroth posted:

Elaina is amateurishly written, but that last episode was actually pretty funny. Perhaps this show was a comedy all along? Perhaps it was... I who was in the wrong all this time? Are my eyes opening to the light at whimsy? That I shouldn't have taken it seriously from the get-go!? Was I was the equivalent of that one really religious aunt you had growing up who caught a glimpse of you watching Animaniacs and shrieked about how satanic liberal TV was indoctrinating kids to the gay joys of defenestration which set off Uncle Ted and one thing led to another and by the end it culminated in a blood-curdling family brouhaha over whether Lincoln was a monster for subjugating the South and Thanksgiving was ruined!?

What on earth is this post?

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I have a weird time talking about Elaina because I like the books enough that I want to come to the rescue when I hear people bashing the show, but the show itself is genuinely weird and bad enough as an adaptation to not really be worth much effort defending. But it's also the main way most people I know are engaging with a thing I like. :negative:

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I don't think it's a bad adaptation, but I don't think it made the best choices in how it chose to adapt things either.The stories that the anime has been choosing to adapt especially this week's episode so far is making me think they are very likely building toward a certain story from vol 3, that does recontextualize a lot of things about how Elaina acts as a neutral observer majority of the time though I dunno how well it'll play out in execution. Well, it's also likely to be the finale, but we'll see. I still think starting with Elaina's origin was a mistake just solely cause it primed people into thinking the series would be fluffy, when it's a travel log series where she'll run into hosed up situations, light-hearted ones, comedy routines, and just plain weird places. Also cause vol 3 ended up featuring more Elaina's flashback training stories which actually built up to one my favorite Elaina stories, which I hope the anime will adapt, but I have doubts will happen cause it now has an issue of having to tell a flashback story to set up the next one. It's not impossible anyways, I just doubt the anime will adapt it smoothly. Anyways, not every story has a moral, sometimes it's just silly or sad. Like one of the stories that got cut just features this muscle troupe that Elaina keeps running into, which is basically a completely silly story. The anime still retains them in cameo form though if you've been paying attention.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Endorph posted:

Knowing this year, it'll probably be a pop-up clothes shop again.

...Not that I'd mind, I still wear some of the Geass clothes I bought last time I was in Japan.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Archer666 posted:

Knowing this year, it'll probably be a pop-up clothes shop again.

...Not that I'd mind, I still wear some of the Geass clothes I bought last time I was in Japan.

I mean, where else are you going to find appropriate coverage for your terrifyingly powerful magical eyeballs?

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Allarion posted:

Like one of the stories that got cut just features this muscle troupe that Elaina keeps running into, which is basically a completely silly story. The anime still retains them in cameo form though if you've been paying attention.

I was wondering what was up with the dudes in vests doing bicep curls in the background. They popped up back-to-back at the end of ep 6? and the beginning of ep 7? Something like that. It was just a weird thing to notice when all the other recurring characters have speaking parts.

That said, if you want a show that is adapted pretty much perfectly, you should join us in the Sleepy Princess thread. Best show of the season! :v:

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Nov 21, 2020

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Something feels off about Jujutsu Kaisen. Im enjoying it quite a bit but each episode seems way too short? Like I feel like we are losing quite a lot of story or background or something. I dont think its pacing so much as jumping between set pieces too frequently?

I dunno. Still a fun show and I want to see the panda fight.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

jujutsu kaisen is such a basic by the books shounen but a lot of the ususal boring poo poo associated with shounen got cut out and the fight scenes are very well done so it's pretty enjoyable to watch. also the ed is extremely stylish

i'm really glad they're not letting things like character flashbacks and backstories drag the show down constantly like shounen usually does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Also I love actual dumbass/dorky teenagers. Even the "smart" ones are still dorky/dumbass/both.