Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
PS4 thread help! I played the first 20 minutes of Resident Evil: Biohazard and just killed my wife and I am worried this game might be too scary.

Do you ever at any point get a weapon or something that really boosts your confidence or am I supposed to just be in pants-pooping terror the entire time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

BisterdDave posted:

Hopefully it's a remake of the Gameboy 007 game. Actually, just port it since it's already A-tier.

My friend talks about that game. Because he had it as a kid and learned to play b
Baccarat from that game.

Personally I hope that it is a port of this Bond game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giNqlTN0As0

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
I've been watching some Demon's Souls videos as people try to find the door opening and man I can't wait to play. Looks slick and I've never played the original. hopefully i can get a Ps5 on thanksgiving.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Bust Rodd posted:

PS4 thread help! I played the first 20 minutes of Resident Evil: Biohazard and just killed my wife and I am worried this game might be too scary.

Do you ever at any point get a weapon or something that really boosts your confidence or am I supposed to just be in pants-pooping terror the entire time?

The first few hours you're underpowered and scared, but then you start collecting the typical RE arsenal. Like by the end you're gonna have a shotgun, flamethrower, grenade launcher, etc.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

PS4 thread help! I played the first 20 minutes of Resident Evil: Biohazard and just killed my wife

Adding this to the Rodd family lore

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
thanks I will sally forth with a fresh diaper and hopefully make it to the boomstick before i die of heart failure.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

exquisite tea posted:

Truth be told I've already had a couple chances to buy a PS5 if I really wanted one, meanwhile entire RTX 3080 listings disappear in between the Add to Cart and Checkout pages.

I almost feel bad for saying it because I know it has to suck if you can't get a PS5 right now, but the RTX 3080 launch was sooooo much worse. No preorders offered anywhere, so I got up 3 hours early on launch day to watch "available soon" buttons instantly flip to "out of stock" across a half dozen different retailers, and spent the following 3 weeks running to a computer every time I got a discord push notification. Absolute misery

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Bust Rodd posted:

thanks I will sally forth with a fresh diaper and hopefully make it to the boomstick before i die of heart failure.

It's pretty freaky and scary for the first ~third or so. Once it becomes less inspired by horror movies (minor spoilers Texas Chainsaw Massacre, the Fly) it definitely becomes more classic RE.

Lamont
Mar 31, 2007
Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
aw yeah Katamari remake drops tomorrow

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Re7 in VR is a trip, especially the spoopier parts

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Lamont posted:

aw yeah Katamari remake drops tomorrow

Like...the first Katamari? Not Katamari Forever, the best Katamari? Disappointing.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

FlamingLiberal posted:

Star Wars Squadrons is adding the best Star Wars ship to the game.....the TIE Defender. And also the B-Wing.

https://www.ign.com/articles/star-wars-squadrons-to-add-fan-requested-b-wing-tie-defender-new-map-in-holiday-updates

I was going to say "missileboat when" but apparently they aren't doing any more content additions. The Defender shouldn't be allowed anywhere near multiplayer, though.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Booted up Dark Souls and in the first few minutes a Balder Side Sword dropped. (That was one that someone mentioned on stream) not enough dex to use it though.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Paracelsus posted:

I was going to say "missileboat when" but apparently they aren't doing any more content additions. The Defender shouldn't be allowed anywhere near multiplayer, though.

I think the missleboat was the first time I said to myself "this thing is a bit overpowered"....in a single player game....way before the internet.... (at least getting to and flying the b-wing in x-wing was loving hard and I think I never got past the third mission after you moved it into the squadron)

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
And i just got the black knight dude in Undead Town, got his shield and a blue ring :D

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

VideoGames posted:

And i just got the black knight dude in Undead Town, got his shield and a blue ring :D

yes!!! I remember he actually backed me into the fire one time and I thought "hmmm....maybe?" and it worked and so I learned about cheese.

Still proud of it.

e: wait, is undead burg called undead town in the english version?

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Oh burg! Sorry I forgot the name of it. It feeels like a town :) I managed to level up the balder sword to +3 because titanite keeps dropping too. Just two more levels till I can wield it properly!

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
I’d like to tell you all that I now possess a PS5 so my time here in this thread is coming to and end.

However I am moving back to my own flat on Saturday having been dispossessed for three weeks and I don’t really want to use my PS5 or play Demon’s Souls for the first time on an old barely functioning and barley 1080p monitor balancing on a suitcase so it’s staying in its delivery packaging until I’m back.

Godspeed all.

(I meant to post a cat tax but the SA app won’t let me upload the cat picture :( )

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

VideoGames posted:

Booted up Dark Souls and in the first few minutes a Balder Side Sword dropped. (That was one that someone mentioned on stream) not enough dex to use it though.
Haha I knew this would happen. If you hear a faint noise it's just a bunch of people who spent hours trying to farm one screaming.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

VideoGames posted:

I replayed DS1 last weekend and decided to try out the Balder Side Sword and it took me 2.5 hours to farm!!! You should get enough dex to use it IMO.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I have been opening shortcuts left right and centre!

Bell gargoyles done. Wandering around the undead burg with poison dogs but now I have three ways to get down there.
Got my dex up to use the balder sword (now a +5 balder sword thanks to lots of titanite dropping) but it seems I am too used to my axe which does more damage. Unless I am using the balder sword wrong?

Wearing thief gear from the undead burg and see some white fog in the distance! :3:

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

VideoGames posted:

I have been opening shortcuts left right and centre!

Bell gargoyles done. Wandering around the undead burg with poison dogs but now I have three ways to get down there.
Got my dex up to use the balder sword (now a +5 balder sword thanks to lots of titanite dropping) but it seems I am too used to my axe which does more damage. Unless I am using the balder sword wrong?

Wearing thief gear from the undead burg and see some white fog in the distance! :3:
Oh god. Good luck down their Veeg, you're probably gonna need it.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Hahaha. As soon as I went through the door I died to Capra demon. Wow. Not even a moment to move with full health. That is the second time tonight a boss has killed me as soon as I have walked through the fog.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

VideoGames posted:

Oh burg! Sorry I forgot the name of it. It feeels like a town :) I managed to level up the balder sword to +3 because titanite keeps dropping too. Just two more levels till I can wield it properly!

It couldn’t present itself as a burg any more clearly! 😤

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

VideoGames posted:

Hahaha. As soon as I went through the door I died to Capra demon. Wow. Not even a moment to move with full health. That is the second time tonight a boss has killed me as soon as I have walked through the fog.

Balder sword scales more with dex than strength and from your first video i think you're adding more to strength than dex. Whatever you think is fun. The axe is pretty darn solid for at least the first half of the game, though I usually use reinforced club when I do slvl 1 runs.

Capra demon is one of the more bullshit bosses in the game with the size of the arena and the dogs, you can get stunlocked very easily. There are stairs to the back left that you might find useful.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Club crew club crew

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

The Question IRL posted:

My friend talks about that game. Because he had it as a kid and learned to play b
Baccarat from that game.

Personally I hope that it is a port of this Bond game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=giNqlTN0As0
This reminded me of that weird kind of old school video game enemy that just runs back-and-forth and if you touch them you die for some reason. Even if you’re James Bond.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

Escobarbarian posted:

You’re pretty far in. Depends if you have the DLC or not (and you should get it if not, it’s fantastic). Have you been to Cainhurst? If not look that bit up

VideoGames posted:

I get these posts now! :D

Do not worry you are quite a way in and have done a couple of toughies! (The bell-ringing witches were the third boss I faced after Father Gasqweegs). I promise there are a couple of really special moments still to come!

i did wind up buying the DLC but still haven't touched that part of the game yet. seeing as i'm quite often left scratching my head on where to go next i suppose the DLC can be a good distraction, but i'm also itching to be finished with the story already. relieved to know there isn't too much left bc the whole song and dance of new area -> turn every corner with extreme caution -> survive until the end -> find the shortcut -> die at the boss -> frustratingly rush through everything to kill boss is getting a little old.

also, since at one point i was feverishly mad at the game, i've resolved to killing every NPC i come across regardless of how it impacts the "story" that i have been paying basically zero attention to anyway. old guy sitting in a chair pointing at the moon? dead. spider guy with a face in a library? dead.

i really wish this game/series pandered a little bit more to the lazy shits like me but i also definitely appreciate that it's vague and cryptic for those who get a real payoff out of digging in deeper than surface level.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Escobarbarian posted:

Club crew club crew

I will say that DS2 and 3 offer better great hammers that don’t look like fossilised turds

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"
I am absolutely hooked on Bugsnax! Also, this is the first time that I've seen Everything go on sale on the PSN Store, so I grabbed it for a few bucks.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Read After Burning posted:

I am absolutely hooked on Bugsnax! Also, this is the first time that I've seen Everything go on sale on the PSN Store, so I grabbed it for a few bucks.

I've seen everything go on sale before and I even platinumed everything before. It's definitely an interesting game if you like experimental stuff.

It's such a fun name to use

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

For a second I was like 'wow the Black Friday sale must be good this year'

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

How are DB Kakarot and the spongebob remake ?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

fit em all up in there posted:

How are DB Kakarot and the spongebob remake ?
I played Kakarot to finally experience the DBZ story in a more enjoyable way then watching 275 episodes of cheaply made anime and it definitely succeeded in that way.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Samurai Sanders posted:

I played Kakarot to finally experience the DBZ story in a more enjoyable way then watching 275 episodes of cheaply made anime and it definitely succeeded in that way.

Any way you can get it imo

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

tuo posted:

I think the missleboat was the first time I said to myself "this thing is a bit overpowered"....in a single player game....way before the internet.... (at least getting to and flying the b-wing in x-wing was loving hard and I think I never got past the third mission after you moved it into the squadron)

I was always more of an Assault Gunboat man.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Squadrons continues to be rad. There is this continuous worrying thing where when I finish a mission it hangs on the loading screen, and when I restart from the last checkpoint my controls are locked out and so i have to force quit and restart the application.

Luckily the checkpoint saves have held up so far because if I had to replay a whole mission I would probably just give up lol

el oso
Feb 18, 2005

phew, for a minute there i lost myself
PS4 thread v good, PS5 thread vv bad

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The other day I posted about a PSP game that I had bought the downloaded version of but now it’s delisted listed from the store and even isn’t in my download list anymore, and someone recommended I look on the PS3’s list to see if it was there, but no dice. It’s just straight up gone from everything.

I don’t know how many total games this has happened to. I don’t suppose there’s a list anywhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

IGN got to play Cyberpunk 2077 for 16 hours, and they thought it was extremely impressive. The only caveat is that the build that was being run was an older version that had a lot of bugs.

https://www.ign.com/articles/cyberpunk-2077-the-final-preview