Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Inspector Gesicht posted:

100 bugsnax to collect, 38 sidequests to complete, 12 grumps to persuade to return to Snaxburg. 10+ hours long.

In this kid-friendly game you play an investigative-journalist of all things. Your camera comes in useful identifying bugsnax and your main goal is to host an interview with every non-edible character you encounter.

The cast of characters are a species called Grumpuses. One character believes in a hidden conspiracy called the Grumpinati that's watching his every move. He's right

It's not really about the bugsnax, but instead the curious cast who all try to remedy their personal issues by eating bugsnax.

The average character has a quaint name like Filbo Fiddlepie.

Getting set on fire is usually a pain the rear end, but since there's no game-over it can be beneficial to use your burning body to set other bugsnax on fire.

About a third of the cast of gay though this never manifests as either a joke or a heavy-handed message.

Your grumpy editor is described as, "Someone who used to like Mondays, but now hates them."

You are described at one point as the next "Grumpter S Thompson".

Also they used the onion’s quote of the game being poo poo but one of the top 11 ps5 games in their ad copy which is huge power move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Mygalomorphs like tarantulas live several years, with females living up to 25 years. :colbert:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Disco elysium’s equippable clothes raise or lower your stats with tiny descriptions on each stat they change, and one pair of shoes you can find gives a point of Empathy because you are “In someone else’s shoes”

Turpitude II
Nov 10, 2014

Gay Rat Wedding posted:

Disco elysium’s equippable clothes raise or lower your stats with tiny descriptions on each stat they change, and one pair of shoes you can find gives a point of Empathy because you are “In someone else’s shoes”

i like the bonus from the conical hat item

"+1 Logic: Super logical for a cop to wear this" :haw:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It looks like the AT-AT has a gigantic lightsaber

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

oldpainless posted:

aw man i thought they ended all the stupid EU stuff

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?

oldpainless posted:

That's an AT-ST! AAARRRGGHHH

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Oh no guys! The two-legged AT-AT got him!

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
lmao look at these dunb fucks that don’t know they’re called Thai fighters

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Zoats were a race of chubby lizard centaurs from early Warhammer 40K who acted as diplomats for the Tyranids before GW decided they were dumb and had them unceremoniously eaten. They also appeared as a race of solitary and mysterious, to the point of being near mythical, magical beings for one edition of the early fantasy game.

Well, now they’re being added to the Wood Elf roster for a newly announced Total War: Warhammer 2 DLC.

Almost every Warhammer video game release pulls out some weird unit like that, and it’s always a good time.

Edit: Last year, a voice actor did a fan project in which he recorded voice lines for Throt the Unclean as if he were to be included in Total Warhammer. So when CA was working on this new DLC that features this character, they reached out to him to voice it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-A-WSiSt98

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 00:51 on Nov 20, 2020

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

Nioh 1 was a decently fun game with a lot of severe problems; and one of them was a huge gameplay feature, swapping your guardian spirits, was only available after beating the final boss. Nioh 2 tied a lot more stuff to the spirit system, but also literally all it took for your character to be able to have 2 set was seeing the sixth boss do it, which is very convenient.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Morpheus posted:

Oh no guys! The two-legged AT-AT got him!

If it only has two legs then its just an AT.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Deep Rock Galactic is a bit like the original release of Red Faction meets Killing Floor - carve out tunnels with mining axes and drills looking for resources including different minerals, fossils, and plant life, while fighting off waves of aggressive enemies with flamethrowers, grenades launchers, turrets, energy weapons, miniguns, and more.

One larger enemy is the Bulk Detonator; and as the name implies it blows poo poo up. It REALLY blows poo poo up - especially when it dies, and sometimes you get two of them at the same time leaving massive holes behind. One variant exists which coats every destroyed surface in minable gold. There has never been a time where killing one of these didn't make me think 'gently caress that was really awesome'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhzolYWb_is

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I don't know which thread to actually put this in but Kassandra just fuckin drops pickup lines like a champ doesn't she?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Len posted:

I don't know which thread to actually put this in but Kassandra just fuckin drops pickup lines like a champ doesn't she?

I can't imagine anyone has ever opted to play as Whatever Her Brother's Name Is but the whole time I'm playing through I picture him coming off as a weird creep rather than hilariously charming like she is.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Len posted:

Kassandra is one thirsty lady.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

I can't imagine anyone has ever opted to play as Whatever Her Brother's Name Is

It's not my fault, no one told me! Joking aside, is Valhalla any good? I'm buying it for my brother for Christmas and I'm thinking of just buying two copies.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

grittyreboot posted:

It's not my fault, no one told me! Joking aside, is Valhalla any good? I'm buying it for my brother for Christmas and I'm thinking of just buying two copies.

I'm liking it a lot, but jumping straight in from fast combat games like Odyssey was kind of a mistake. The constant stream of new weapons and armor is gone, and the combat seems much slower and weightier with stuff like dodging and heavy attacks depending on a stamina meter that you fill by doing light attacks or backing off. Not an objectively bad thing, but definitely some mental whiplash if you go in expecting more of the same system.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Go max bow and headshot damage, delete enemies three times your level from across the map.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
Fyi bugsnax is also on PC. most people do not know this as it is an epic exclusy.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

I'm liking it a lot, but jumping straight in from fast combat games like Odyssey was kind of a mistake. The constant stream of new weapons and armor is gone, and the combat seems much slower and weightier with stuff like dodging and heavy attacks depending on a stamina meter that you fill by doing light attacks or backing off. Not an objectively bad thing, but definitely some mental whiplash if you go in expecting more of the same system.

Thanks! I'll remember to play as the lady this time too

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

If you mean valhalla you actually should play as the dude in that one, apparently its the reverse of odyssey where this time the lady is just kinda phoned in and the dude does a excellent performance, or so everybody who I talked to who were playing it were saying.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Zoig posted:

If you mean valhalla you actually should play as the dude in that one, apparently its the reverse of odyssey where this time the lady is just kinda phoned in and the dude does a excellent performance, or so everybody who I talked to who were playing it were saying.

Sad if true, I'm too far in to switch around. She's reasonable enough but not an all time baller like Kassandra.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Captain Hygiene posted:

I can't imagine anyone has ever opted to play as Whatever Her Brother's Name Is but the whole time I'm playing through I picture him coming off as a weird creep rather than hilariously charming like she is.

My partner played Kassandra so I did a playthrough as Alexis, and he sounds like a himbo most of the time which was fun. Didn't find him as bad as others were saying, though Kassandra is def better overall.

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

"I Guess Somebody Fixed All the Problems" -- Confused Citizen

Zoig posted:

Everyone I've heard talk about it seems to think letting the Animus decide is the way to go, since apparently there's some relevance to its decisions, and afaik the woman is the primary one there. Pretty disappointing if the performance just lands flat, then.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

Morpheus posted:

My partner played Kassandra so I did a playthrough as Alexis, and he sounds like a himbo most of the time which was fun. Didn't find him as bad as others were saying, though Kassandra is def better overall.

Yeah, same. It was completely worth it for getting to see Kassandra chewing scenery as Deimos.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Alexios wasn't bad but Kassandra was just head and shoulders above him. I'm enjoying thr big hairy viking man this time around. I like that you can choose songs or stories while you ride in your boat and if you choose stories people will make jokes about the storyteller.

Sick Ness Monster
Dec 25, 2016
I'm replaying Dishonored 2 at the moment, going through New Game +.

For anyone who doesn't know, you can choose one of two characters to play as at the start of the game, each with their own special powers. In New Game +, whoever you play as you get access to all of the powers, even the ones that are normally restricted to the other character. The little thing I enjoyed about it was that the pause menu, the drawings that show the powers being used have your player character as the one using it, even if it's normally the other character's power.

For example, the drawings that would normally show Emily using Far Reach or Doppelganger will show Corvo using it instead. Completely unnecessary to add in the alternate images, but I like that they took the time to do so.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
I'm only very early into Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity, but it's doing a lot of good really fast.

The runes from Breath of the Wild make a return as the equivalent to the original Hyrule Warriors' items, which is great even if they obviously aren't as weird and fun as they are in BotW... except for Zelda herself. Her fighting style is to 'be creative with the Sheikah Slate', which translates to her movelist including all of the BotW rune system's crazier combos. She fights like if you translated the 'I bet I could kill an entire outpost with just a door' playstyle into a Warriors game, and it's great.

EDIT: Also, Zelda's voice actor is clearly the same person, but is MUCH better this time around. That's good, since her performance was the worst part of BotW.

Cleretic has a new favorite as of 15:12 on Nov 20, 2020

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Captain Hygiene posted:

Sad if true, I'm too far in to switch around. She's reasonable enough but not an all time baller like Kassandra.

Go into the menu and select Animus, you can switch to Male Eivor there. If you don't like him you can always switch back too.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Go into the menu and select Animus, you can switch to Male Eivor there. If you don't like him you can always switch back too.

Oh poo poo, I saw that in the intro and completely forgot :tipshat:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I'm playing as Gal Eivor, because Eivor is a female name, and I like to play as a gal whenever a game gives me the option. I don't think her voice-acting is as bad as you think it is, it's just an enormous contrast to Kassandra.

A small thing I like about Valhalla is that you can pet cats.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

bony tony posted:

I'm playing as Gal Eivor, because Eivor is a female name, and I like to play as a gal whenever a game gives me the option. I don't think her voice-acting is as bad as you think it is, it's just an enormous contrast to Kassandra.

A small thing I like about Valhalla is that you can pet cats.

Did you know you can also pet dogs? The future is now.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Not buying anymore video games until they program cats to get upset at every closed door

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Good: Odyssey has a mechanic where I can kick a wolf in the face and make it my friend

Bad: wolf friend dies in like two hits so I have no choice but to go on a rampage

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Both of my big new game purchases (Valhalla and Miles Morales) feature pettable cats, which is amazing. Miles can even websling around town with a cat in his backpack, making it an instant GOTY. The only downside is that I'd somehow assumed it'd have some kind of helpful cat powers rather than just being another outfit. Oh well, maybe we'll have the technology for that when the PS6 comes around.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Doesn't it use cat powers in some finisher animations? (as in the very end of this trailer)

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

christmas boots posted:

Not buying anymore video games until they program cats to get upset at every closed door

Cats break reality, how the hell can you expect a game engine to handle more realistic cat behavior.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

haveblue posted:

Doesn't it use cat powers in some finisher animations? (as in the very end of this trailer)

I guess that's what I was vaguely remembering, maybe it does a bit more than I'd thought. It's weirdly split up in that you can rescue a couple cats in the game but you basically have to turn them in right away, you don't get that full outfit until New Game+ which I haven't done yet. I think it just adds an extra animation though, not any active power during regular gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

I'm glad that petting dogs, and occasionally cats, has gained mainstream acceptance. But what I'm waiting for is the technology that allows us to dangle a string around for a cat to play with, or perhaps to play fetch with a dog.

At least Monster Hunter Rise appears to be making forward strides in the cat department.

https://i.imgur.com/4DmOdbk.mp4