Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Well, we had a good run. Maybe next time the game won't be a contender for the buggiest thing since the world's largest ant colony was found.

I'm assuming this isn't actually the end of the game. Shush.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Hm. Honestly it's more surprising it hasn't crashed(?) sooner.
Maybe it needs a minute to sort itself out; could pass the time flipping to random parts of the blue book.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Wait, gently caress, when did it save last? Oh god, how much glitchy progress did we just lose?

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Blow on the cartridge, blow on the cartridge!

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

> HELP

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Hostile V posted:

Blow on the cartridge, blow on the cartridge!

Thats clearly an old DOS screen. There's no cartridge to blow on. MASH CTRL-ALT-DEL!

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Gotta go with ctrl+s on that one, maybe we'll get to save the promise and the shroud at least?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

If this isn't already in the blue book, we best be taking notes.
Though don't think it would help other players that much, hard to repeat our blend of luck behind these glitches(?).

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
I was hesitant about it before, but I'm leaning into Ctrl+F8 now.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

XkyRauh posted:

I was hesitant about it before, but I'm leaning into Ctrl+F8 now.
No! Holy End sounds much better than Hell End, I don't want a glitch between those two.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
Alright, point taken. Let's see what comes next.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

I'unno. Purgatory End sounds more our speed :v:

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

▴▴▴

Huh?

Wh- where did she- Counselor? Red? BLUE?

ANXIETY: [ ??? ]

What is this? Camp? But... but so much green growth...

The Sun. I can see it. It's so warm and- where AM I?

"Hey, Cass! CASS! WAKE UP!"

I spin around reaching for my gun, but realize I'm not being called to. Around a growth of trees and vines that hide me, there was a tall and lean kid with dark hair, wearing a Blue Bombers shirt. They help up the girl who is asleep in the grass, Cass, with her Red Rooster shirt and scruffy blonde hair. I go still and listen.

"Vincent! I- wow... did it end? Did we win?! Is Gaziel ok??"

They smirk and brush Cass off before hugging her, pointing around the field. I can hear cheering from somewhere nearby- thousands of voices cheering. Vincent speaks with a teenager's racing enthusiasm, looking to impress their friend.

"It's good! He's safe! We're all safe, it's all over. Remember how Ulthar thought there might be a Dreamlands borehole here? They were right! It was this Spider from the Dreamlands the entire time. Things got worse and worse after you tested out, but the Black Crows just kept WINNING. The Emperor really saw them through. Being in the Town Guard under her is going to win me soooo much cred now, Cass! I mean, I think a lot of it was their Counselors- they turned out to be total monsters! They all killed the Spider so hard it's trapped in the Dreamlands FOR-EV-ER."

Cass nods along excitedly at the news. She seems to be used to this kind of surreality, smiling at Vincent with impressed enthusiasm. "Wait, so what happened to me? All I remember after I fell was... silk and silence."

Vincent shrugs with a smile, and slaps her arm. "Testing out means you got your soul in the web. A lot of Home's team died and fell into it over the summer... but now every soul is free! Bella's witchcraft work with Counselor Burner pulled everyone's souls back to their bodies, and the Camp's magic is healing everyone. Anyways, come on, let's talk over lunch! All the Campers are saying goodbye - Director West had a huge ceremony to thank us, and now we're rounding everyone up for a party! Let's find Gaziel while he's still young. I wish we three could have been on the same team; we would have kicked SO much butt. He totally outperformed smug mister Ultrahuman, too!"

I watch them run off, towards what I think is the center of the Camp, barely visible through the abundance of flora. I don't know what to do. Did they say Burner...? I don't know what's happening- is this the mushrooms? The Camp's magic? Something Red or Blue did? But this feels real, this feels like-

"HEY!"

I spin around going into a crouch, my hand at my sword and my shroud keeping my eyes shaded from the Sun. But my snarl doesn't scare the short girl in front of me, her features Sylvan red and with a frizzly mane of pearl hair that dragged along the ground. Her teeth were sharp when she smiled, wearing an Orange Crabs shirt with pride. She could see the top of mine through the shroud, and gestured at me in victory.

"Black Crows always gonna win! I didn't see you before, dude- were you one of the disqualified? Your team kicked rear end!!"

I hesitate. I don't want to speak too loudly.

"I̵ ̢d͝o͝n'͡t-̧ ̶I d̕on̸'t ̛kn̡ow.͠"

She blinks in concern at the sound of my voice and difficulty speaking. But she smiles, after waiting a second to think.

"Jeeze. That shitbrain Spider really jazzed you up, huh? It's alright. It's over. We'll all heal soon. Come on! We're going Home after a goodbye party. I can FINALLY drink again without a Counselor swiping my stash."

"Home?"

The word leaves my mouth with a taste like tourmaline. Something warm falls from the sky onto my hands, and I realize that it's softly raining- but there wasn't a single cloud in all the sky, which scintillates where the Sun passes through the rain.

"Wow. Did that purple fatass eat some of your memories? Well... mine are only half back anyways. Gonna miss being a kid again. Let's roll, Crow."

She grabs my hand and pulls me along. I want to object, to tear away and run into the dark of the trees- but her grip was strong and sure. She was relaxed, and smiling. I wanted her to take me along, over these impossibly green hills, under the cloudless raining sky. We crest one tall ridge, and I see it.

I see it...

ANXIETY: [ ??? ]

"What a RUSH that all was! So many of us getting our souls plucked out was scary poo poo, but... all safe and sound now. West is handing out hella commemorative merch, so get as much as you can carry before it turns into ghostdust or whatever. Hey come on, this way!"

The serein was growing stronger, as a tropic breeze gusted through the forevergreen trees, whipping my shroud around. The girl pulls and races me along the paths of the Camp, bringing me past a dozen rotwood structures overgrown with moss and flowers.

"Talk about a summer vacation." She was swift, enjoying the energy she was still brimming with, able to talk while barely out of breath. Her hair whipped behind her in a pearlescent cloud. "I was pretty scared by the end when you guys managed to piss the Spider off enough to draw it out, but I was SO not expecting your Counselors to be that hardcore! I thought I was hot poo poo, but Counselor Dancer kicks like a machine gun. I mean, she was already the best since she was the only goddamn one who'd let any of us drink."

Dancer?! We jog in silence. I don't know what to say. She seems to sense that, slowing the pace.

"Hey. You ok? I know this was a really hosed up time, but West promised our memories of it would fade. Just leave the happy moments."

She stops me, and I think about, my, and how it had hurt, and, I shouldn't I can't but I need to I need to tell her please listen please "T͜he͟y made̕ ͘m̨ȩ ęat ͜th͠em̸ ̀I͠ ͏h͘a͡d͟ ̷tơ E͘A̕T t͢h̨em͡ a̶nd̷ ͏I ̵d͟o҉n't k͜n̸o͜w ҉if̨ I̸'m g̵o̕i҉n͟g͠ to̵ b̛e o͞ķ ̧I ̴d͡on'͘t I ͏d͜oń'̡t" im going to be sick please dont look at me please dont ruin this why am I ruining this

(Disquiet) 16 - [6]+[3]+[2] = 11 - Success...?
[ANTEPRELAPSARIAN]

her hand is on my back
im kneeling by a river
shes holding my hair and telling me to breathe
she says the water is clean (what is this this color tourmaline?)
drink and get it out
i let it all out
and its all out

It stops hurting. I feel empty, clean. My throat doesn't even burn. She helps me up and hands me a rag to wipe my mouth with. God, I'm tired. But the pain was gone. I felt CLEAN. Why was this happening? Her voice was gentle; it didn't have a single lie in it. "...it can't hurt you now. It's gone, for good. Hey. The Doc will see after you and all of us, no worries. Home provides." I let her pull me again by the hand. I'm too tired to resist. Too empty and clean, not a single anxious tension in my body. I let her guide me, her eyes more somber now, and I remember you that blue fire dawn and I wish so much I had said goodbye.

I was in the Camp with her soon, hand held fast, guided as I stayed hidden under my shroud. The Sun was looking down from the absolute of noon, showing everyone clearly to me - I walked among thousands and thousands, children and teenagers and Counselors, all talking cheering crying hugging shouting boasting. So many colorful team shirts. The silver of my neurons were quiet, but I could still hear the warm echo of the thousandfold emotional fountains surrounding me. Auras of color stained the Camp's soul with holybright, and my heart hurt with the catharsis of seeing so many free. The girl shouts to me above the din, looking up into the cloudless rain with a smile.

"LET'S FIND YOUR TEAM SO YOU CAN GET WITH THEM AT THE WINNER'S TABLE! AND HEY- LOOK! IT'S YOUR WINNING PHOTO!"

"O҉k̛!"

She pulls me eagerly to a stylized wooden booth being mobbed by hundreds of happy Campers, who all grab a copy of a photo from bottomless boxes of them installed inside. She swipes a stack for herself, and hands me one while she joins a massive wave of voices shouting proud- "BLACK CROWS ALWAYS GONNA WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!"

I look at the photo and... and there I am...? Shrouded like I am now, a shadow, but there I am in the back, right there! Under it read BLACK CROWS - 200th YEAR CAMP CHAMPIONS. And there was Red and Blue! Blue in the air cheering, Red giving the peace sign with two burned fingers. But who are these strange four in the foreground with them? Two regal young women, one of them human, the other sylvan. The human was a strange witchy girl with Valkyrie adornments. The sylvan girl was more plain, lethal with her lazy smile. Under them was some kind of... strange fungus crab creature, inside of a bulky turtle-shell style tank armor. The last one was-

-tall, hyena, lean, dusky gold, her face hidden, she was holding up her hand in a rude childish gesture I couldn't see her face-

"COME ON DUDE! THEY'RE WAITING FOR YOU!"

-they're waiting? She was pointing to West's cabin, covered with lights and banners and the Black Crow symbol, and there I could see golden the letters "CONGRATULATIONS GRADUATES" above it, and hadn't I been THE #1 Camper? Did it mean they wanted me? That I won? They were waiting for me! Red, Blue-

I can't stop running. My voice hitches, screaming over the cheer of the thousands gathering for the party. Red. Blue. I look at my hand and her gemscar was still there, I feel the weight of the shroud she made for me, I run and I know they're inside by the stove making coffee with the other Campers and West was going to tell everyone over dinner how brave we all were and we'd say goodbye and I want it. I want it. I want it!

ANXIETY: [ Gone ]

Black August fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Nov 19, 2020

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Get the feeling we should try to talk to West if we get a chance.
Whatever this is, don't think we should stick around longer than necessary. Not yet.
If, for absolutely no other reason, we have a chicken to get back to.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

So for those who are a little less knowy on words that be big, here's a quote i pulled up from.... /X of all places

quote:

With sudden fury, the world goes Anteprelapsarian - that is, regresses to a Garden of Eden state.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So... where are we? Did we end up in the Dreamlands? And is West's first name Herbert by any chance?

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

You run in through the door, shouting and calling Red! Blue! I'm here for you! I-

...inside the cabin was nothing but old ruin. Collapsed ceiling, mold rot, gray light seeping through broken stone- no no no no. No!

You turn around, slamming through the screen door outside it was an empty empty overgrown field with nothing but trees and clouds and a single rusted loudspeaker NO!

NO!!!

You're swinging your sword and cleaving through the growth the girl was just THERE the booth was right THERE where where where where? Anyone? ANYONE? .................................just you.

Just you?! JUST YOU!

no no please don't-

(Disquiet) 9 - [6]+[2]+[6] = 14 - Failure.

-STOP, PLEASE. PLEASE?!

You beg through the gross of your tears. You take out the skull of Mr. West, and rest it at the bottom of the loudspeaker. Please. Please. The scar was still on your hand. The shroud was still on your shoulders. The photo- it was there there there in your breast pocket! THERE! It was real, right? It wasn't a lie, RIGHT? You know you had been tempted to lie just one little tiny second of [Fingers Crossed] behind your back when you told her that but you really meant it YOU SWEAR YOU MEANT IT LET ME BACK!

You're clawing at the metal. I promise. I promise. I promise. Please let me back. Please believe me. Please.

DAWN OF THE FIFTH DAY.
HP: [ 19 / 19 ]
FP: [ 10 / 14 ] [Uneasy Sleep...]

ANXIETY: [ X ][ X ][ 30% ] [Disquiet]

You wake up under the small fort of beds you made in the wreckage of one of the cabins. You gently unclench your hand, allowing the photo to drop into your lap. You look at it one last time, and then pocket it. You didn't hurt... but as you undress and redress yourself, you notice the fresh scars across your left ribs, and the gemscar still glinting on your palm. You feel clean and empty. Slow, and sad. You know this place was empty now. The quieted Silver Mind hears no psychic noise, save for the fading drone of the loudspeaker. As you stand up under the gray of the cloudy dawn, you can hear Mr. West's voice fading as he speaks to a crowd of thousands of departing children. It follows you as you walk alone past the nameless sign that once said Camp Daring, before the intercom's rusted head falls to rest by the skull forever.

"I'm proud of you. You've all done great job this summer. But it's time to go Home. One last time with me, kids. Camp Daring's motto!"

So many voices, in harmony...

"Ready?"
"Set."
"THRIVE!"

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Quest Log posted:

Camp Daring
'Be the best Camper that Camp Daring has ever seen. Ready? Set. SURVIVE!'

During this Quest...

* You went into the hidden forests and found Camp Daring.
* You encountered Dancer, the Sixth Lord.
* You encountered Burner, the Fifth Lord.
* They became your Counselors at the Camp.
* You picked the Black Crows for your team.
* You did three activities.
* You didn't lose a single activity!
* You trusted the Silver Mind.
* You earned the #1 Camper spot.
* You saved Dancer's life.
* You learned Dancer's secret thought.
* You angered the Spider of Leng.
* You uncovered the truth about the Camp.
* You banished the Spider of Leng!
* You put Mr. West to rest.
* You made a Promise.
* You got a Ticket to Paradise.
* You learned you have a great singing voice.
* Dancer / Backup are Friendly/Random to you.
* Burner / Sunburners are Tolerant of you.
* You got one Minor Artifact.
* You scouted the Center of the holy valley.
* You overcame Camp Daring!

[Level Up!]

All Considered - You're Alive, But Shook Up
[+Disquiet]

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

[There was no longer any doubt- this was both a confirmation of some old suspicions, and new territory. The evidence was right there. The Sunset Shroud had been produced in glitches before, but not from a known event or random drop; until now.]

[No known run had ever produced a Lord as a Counselor. Not one. Even Kaigen had an improbable chance to be rolled as a Counselor for the Camp, but not these two. But they had dialogue! FULL dialogue! Special interactions! In every Relations status screen of every run, each Lord faction could get to 'Hostile' at BEST - but here were two of them, both above Neutral. Some bugs had given players a Ticket to Paradise item with no description or function, but never as a functional Perk from an Event.]

[The Camp quest was fully won, weeks ahead of any typical run's schedule, and WITH the Spider of Leng banished. Most Camp runs never bothered fighting the Spider in the optional extended full quest, thanks to the difficulty of it. But with it fully done, it set certain flags. That left the east and west side of the Camp area to search for a hopeful RNG event that'd be an even bigger time saver (and was one reason so many runners dared the Camp in the first place). There was no telling where this run was going now.]

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So on the plus side, we now know that Burner and Dancer are the explicit names of the lords and not just titles, and have a good idea of how powerful they (and presumably the other lords by comparison) are. On the down side... we have a LOT of work ahead of us to catch up to them in power. But hey, their cults tolerate us, which is... actually kinda massive. Though I do wonder if this means that we missed out on actually being able to get at least one of them killed by failing at the games, or if they're just too powerful to die from the challenge.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Randalor posted:

So on the plus side, we now know that Burner and Dancer are the explicit names of the lords and not just titles, and have a good idea of how powerful they (and presumably the other lords by comparison) are. On the down side... we have a LOT of work ahead of us to catch up to them in power. But hey, their cults tolerate us, which is... actually kinda massive. Though I do wonder if this means that we missed out on actually being able to get at least one of them killed by failing at the games, or if they're just too powerful to die from the challenge.

Maybe we should do a 180, keep being friends with them, and avoid ever having to catch up to them

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Maybe we can unite the Lords and go against the lady who sent us on this quest?

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
We should probably try to figure out why or how they are lords, so we can better understand what the hell is going on.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

I think we may have found a legitimate alternate path here, along with maybe an alternate victory condition. And given that no-one else has managed to win this game yet, I think it would be a good idea to keep exploring it. We shouldn’t do anything so overt as to tell Smiercia to gently caress off - yet - but maybe there are other ways to survive than doing what she says? Maybe by the time the six-month time limit is up we’ll be strong enough to oppose her, with the Lords at our side, or maybe we can escape into some far corner of the Dreamlands. (Ulthar seems benevolent?)

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

sourdough posted:

Maybe we should do a 180, keep being friends with them, and avoid ever having to catch up to them

Hey, I said catch up to them in power, I didn't say anything about fighting them. And we know that there's an eighth lord as well, from when the game glitched out and he... continued to give us tutelage despite us not even knowing he exists yet. One possibility is that we'll either get powerful enough to supplant him as the eighth lord, or stand alongside them as a new lord. Buuuuuut we are the Tyrant... maybe with Burner and Dancer backing us, we can work towards unite the lords under us once we're more powerful?

Stoner Sloth
Apr 2, 2019

Randalor posted:

Hey, I said catch up to them in power, I didn't say anything about fighting them. And we know that there's an eighth lord as well, from when the game glitched out and he... continued to give us tutelage despite us not even knowing he exists yet. One possibility is that we'll either get powerful enough to supplant him as the eighth lord, or stand alongside them as a new lord. Buuuuuut we are the Tyrant... maybe with Burner and Dancer backing us, we can work towards unite the lords under us once we're more powerful?

maybe the 8th lord is us from the future!

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Y'know, I would make a joke about that, but we have already had one "glitch day" happen.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Whole day ahead... spiders all gone. The land would be utterly empty of life for a while, until it was known that it was finally safe to be here again. Nothing but you, the trees, and the great emptiness inside as you fight with what happened. If it happened. Did it happen? Why did it happen? That dreaming certainty had been so powerful you had forgotten everything about your quest, just for one day. Now you were uncertain and alone. So you wander. Red's shroud keeps you warm against the deep mist of the morning, as you prepare to search each corner of the remote forest- the east bend, north slopes, west waterway, and the Camp itself. You eat the last of the trail mix they gave you as a morning meal.

Event Log posted:

You first walk to the far east first, and discover the great arching forest spidertunnel that bored down with ultraviolet rock into the monochrome hell of Leng. Nothing could come out of it, but you could go INTO it, and risk passing into Leng itself. You decide to...

* Risk exploring inside. The owner isn't home anymore.
[Search Check]

* Let's get out of here.
[Leave]

You walk down into the lifeless cold violet cave. The chill was... pleasant. Oh Leng was deadly deadly darkest cold, but that little breeze of it through the gaunt trees around the grand cavemouth... you spread your arms wide and welcome the numb. You search with rigid vigor among the rocks.

(Search Check) Rndm - [1]+[2]+[4] = 7 - Very Good!

You don't see anything the entire time. You get just close enough to feel the cold start to slowly kill you, staring into the so-close void of Leng's hellwhite. You turn back, but not before finding the strange sight of a grand yellowpale blade of a crumbly metal, sharp and slaying and still stuck within a stone of fossilized spider egg, inside of which is only a shadowy mass of midnight soft silk. You drag both out with ease, strapping the massive sword to your back, and cramming the raw silk into your pack.

[Looted - 'Black Leng Silk']
[Looted - 'Tchoblade']

You wander to the north next, staring up at the impossibly tall and narrow peak that crowned the center of the holy valley. The stone of it caught even the faint stormlight with ease, casting a ghostly pallor over its barren peak. You search around where there's a narrow and treacherous path in the north forest end, so steep you need to climb just to walk.

Event Log posted:

This mountain is death. You can try to at least explore around the opening carved into its base from the Camp area, and see why there's such an unnatural supermountain here.

* Climb a ways and see what's around.
[(ST) Climb Check]+[Search Check]

* No way, staying at Base Camp thank you.
[Leave]

So thing is, there's a secret not many people knew. It was really cool. Kind of a big deal for the select circle. This was the trick - Climbing? It wasn't just for Dexterity. It could also rely on Strength for its use, and when you were this high-paying a member in the Six-Pack Subscription club, well, it let you start to do stunts like power-scale sheer rock walls of a hellish megamountain like it was gently caress You.

(Default Climbing Check: Strength-10) 9 - [1]+[1]+[5] = 7 - Success!
[+1 Strength!]

Absolutely no problem. Look at you. YOU are the Spider now. LOOK AT YOU! YOU ARE THE SPIDER NOW. But what was up here?

(Search Check) Rndm - [1]+[2]+[2] = 5 - Excellent!!

This mountain was more important than you first reckoned. The sky was turning black and starry, cold and candle-lit, the higher you ascend. You swear you could see a City at the peak of the mountain, but it was a good hundred miles off or so. Could you do that? Not yet, no. But there WAS something immense far up there, gloaming gold and space-dark. You continue to look around, effortlessly scaling up and down to discover small caches of pale lavender boxes and old Camp duffle bags. Supplies! One discovery is an armored black chest that rots open, revealing a strange object within.

'What's in the chest?'

[Looted - 'Mountain-Origin Item']
[Looted - '3 Days Rations']

You get down from the mountainside before it gets too cold to be safe anymore. That was a good workout! Next was a stop back at the Camp...

Event Log posted:

It's just ruins. Overgrown. There was a hundred activity structures scattered around the forest, all of them collapsed and rotten and full of wet slop. No flowery overgrowth.

* Maybe there's something left.
[Search Check]

* I don't want to be here.
[Leave]

(Search Check) Rndm - [6]+[2]+[5] = 13 - Unlucky...

...just...

Just a small stale burger, wrapped in paper.
You have a small lunch, and try not to think about yesterday.
Oh well.

[Small Satiation]

All that remained was the narrow cleft through the mountains into the water to the west. Then you had to figure out how to get out of here.

Event Log posted:

The shore was vast and cold, with the silent menace of the western lake. From here you could see it - the grand cloud over the northwest sky, pouring endless rains down the westmost mountains. The storm felt aware of you in a way that you couldn't shake from the peering of your third eye. What was out there?

* I got the time to walk the shores.
[Search Check]

* I don't want the storm to watch me.
[Leave]

(Search Check) Rndm - [6]+[1]+[1] = 8 - Good!

Hey. Hey now. There- hey! Of course, yeah! There's a whole area of Camp activity stations and structures around! You race down the shore, searching far and wide, when you find it.

West's own personal kayak of custom make and incredible durability! You could use it to get around the lake! Better than that, you could avoid the mountains and paddle home. You'd make it back to Kwiat safely and in time! This has been great luck. Ever since...

ANXIETY: [ X ][ 20% ]
[-Disquiet]

You take a deep breath. You had to get ready to paddle back to the Hideout. You had a lot of new supplies, and a confidence that was hard to ignore. Despite how out of your depth you were, you managed to keep your cool, and overcome. With help, yes - but you still proved yourself, and had one less great terror to worry about. Camp was over.

You just hoped you'd see Red and Blue again someday soon.

You drag the kayak out into the water, pushing off slowly and surely, using your strength and lunch to power off into the vast waters blue. It'd be a good ten miles of paddling to get back. You take a moment to rest and wait, and find your focus before taking off.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Character sheet has been updated. Congratulations! With the +1 to your base ST, and the +1 from wearing the shroud, you now have ST 20, increasing your base damage. The loot found has been added to the item list. Voting on the special item found will end tomorrow noon.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

huh. was wondering why the charsheet had the tchoblade.
Guessing in a normal run players would want to get the blade to fight the spider, if it wasn't unlocked by the spider being dead of course.
Things seem to be going quite well for us. Maybe the trip home will even be uneventful?

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

quote:

BURNER

[5th Lord] - ALIVE

1 chance missed.

DANCER

[6th Lord] - ALIVE

1 chance missed.

:eyepop:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

I'm still wondering about the possibility of an alternate victory route. Smiercia doesn't seem to want the Lords dead as an end in itself, iirc; it seems to be more about getting the power to resurrect her daughter, with the death of the Lords as the way to that. If the ultimate goal is to resurrect her daughter, is it possible to find an alternate method that would satisfy her, particularly if we can actually befriend some of the factions here? We appear to be in uncharted territory.

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

Strictly speaking, the letter of the quest on our charsheet is:

quote:

[Main] Capture the Seven Lordly Souls of the cult lands. Failure to do so will result in your erasure from existence.
Gathering the seven lords together, voluntarily or otherwise, might technically fulfill that request.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Psi powers don't count magic right? Bit of a shame our mage perk does nothing yet then. maybe we'll get some fire magic stuff from the shroud though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

Hold on, what level are we? The sheet says we’re level 4, but I thought we started at level 4 and levelled up at least once after finishing the tutortial and once after finishing Camp. (For that matter, what does levelling up actually get us?)

e: Also, I read this choice as “red, black, or yellow?” Red is the colour of Burner, black is the colour of the Tyrant, yellow is the colour of the hyena lord whose graffiti we saw and of Carcosa. I’m going yellow, because I’m curious about that lord and because this feels like a relatively safe way to learn and/or get an in with them.

pumpinglemma fucked around with this message at 11:25 on Nov 20, 2020