Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
They really should stop casting non-actors in this show so much. Having them is fine, but don't make them interact too much with eachother.

Cara Dune is pretty flat and hey I guess they can make her re-enlist and write her off the show now. But that chat with her and the cameo Rebel Pilot was pretty bad acting. Then you get Gideon a few seconds later only saying four words and acting a hell of a lot better.

drunkill fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Nov 20, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I do like how Moff Gideon is this huge threat but he's tooling around in some light cruiser they would have used for picket duty or sector patrol and he has like five tie fighters max.

And the New Republic gives no shits about the Rim and just sends schlubby guys nearing retirement to go poke around but not support them in any way.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Its Rinaldo posted:

I do like how Moff Gideon is this huge threat but he's tooling around in some light cruiser they would have used for picket duty or sector patrol and he has like five tie fighters max.

And the New Republic gives no shits about the Rim and just sends schlubby guys nearing retirement to go poke around but not support them in any way.

I did think of that. He's a Moff and he shows up with a bunch of Death Troopers, but Din was able to take off after downing his TIE without running into a Star Destroyer or anything. He's not exactly Vader.

rabidcowfromhell
Dec 27, 2004

Remember Iowa
I'm sure I'm not the first to come up with this theory, but since Stormtrooper armor obviously doesn't do poo poo to protect against blaster bolts, maybe it's more like safety armor, like a hardhat. Since they don't have any other worker-safety measures like guardrails, they just gave em protection for when they inevitably fall off of something.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Smythe posted:

Many ppl itt talking about star war resistance and rebels but I was under the impression that these were literally tv shows for young children like sesame street etc is this not the case? ??

Freemaker Adventures is pitched at a preschool / primary school audience (although the idea of Master Shake as a Hutt Crime Lord is one that can be appreciated by everyone).

Resistance is meant for 6+ and Rebels for a few years older.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

Its Rinaldo posted:

I'm sure they have a couple of smaller ships in a mini-fleet and he was just flying between a sector or two they control.

Although to be honest I hope they introduce live action Gladiator, not as big as an ISD but it'd make perfect sense for the remnant (or his remnant) to be based out of a carrier like a Gladiator. Hell, give him a Quasar carrier and a couple of Raiders.

Smaller scale stuff but big enough to subjugate a system if they roll into town.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I was being serious I do like that fact that these adventures are big deals in their little ecosystems but like if a couple Nebula B's show up Gideon be pissing himself and bugging out to hyperspace immediately.

A Gladiator or some old Quasar would be dope

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Those are some 70's Cylon-rear end looking droids. They also give me serious Phase 1 Darktrooper droid vibes, so I demand a Kyle Katarn cameo as well.

Oh poo poo, what if that's who Michael Biehn is playing

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

zoux posted:

How did Ahsoka avoid Order 66

Watch the last 4 episodes of season 7 Clone Wars, you really are doing yourself a disservice if you don't

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Werner Herzog’s clone scientist buddy also mentioned in his holo e-mail about the Child having a huge M-Count number, which, obviously, is Midichlorians.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
So those are either dark forces dark troopers or maybe some new elite stormtrooper armors made out of all the beskar Gideon probably has from the purge. Similar idea to what Thrawn had with the Tie Defender but scaled down to infantry. You know actual good equipment instead of the junk imps usually get. Or maybe it’s something closer to the force wielding shadow troopers from Jedi Outkast. That would make sense with all the experiments left in that base. Anything close to Dark Forces stuff will be cool at least, even if it’s a mashup of ideas.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I unironically love that Favreau brought up midichlorians again, if only because you know some Extremely Angry Fan is already drafting an extremely angry 16-tweet thread about it right now.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I was just coming in to post that. That is some extremely Dark Trooper poo poo in the finale.

rabidcowfromhell posted:

I'm sure I'm not the first to come up with this theory, but since Stormtrooper armor obviously doesn't do poo poo to protect against blaster bolts, maybe it's more like safety armor, like a hardhat. Since they don't have any other worker-safety measures like guardrails, they just gave em protection for when they inevitably fall off of something.

In the larger canon (both versions), the general consensus is supposed to be that stormtrooper armor can reliably deflect non-direct hits and smaller weapons like civilian handguns. Rifles and heavy blaster pistols like Han's DL-44 can penetrate it more easily. The Black Spire book portrays all of the blaster pistols the characters carry as totally ineffective unless they shoot for the black body glove.

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Gonz posted:

Werner Herzog’s clone scientist buddy also mentioned in his holo e-mail about the Child having a huge M-Count number, which, obviously, is Midichlorians.

Shhh, we don't say the M-word around here! Do you want to get us thrown down a lava vent?

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
IG-11 statue in the middle of the town square on Navarro

And someone onset for a second or two wearing jeans and a shirt and watch on his wrist.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Yooda using the force to steal some space macarons.

"There's no guardrail on this." :v:

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Well, that was pretty whatever aside from the teases for the big season arc. Pretty much confirms that Gideon wants The Child to try and infuse himself with force powers using it's blood. How the gently caress did they completely repair the Crest in the span of a few hours though?

Space magic!

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Those are some 70's Cylon-rear end looking droids. They also give me serious Phase 1 Darktrooper droid vibes, so I demand a Kyle Katarn cameo as well.

:agreed:

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Big Mean Jerk posted:

oh goddammit

I cannot get my hopes up about that

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

chitoryu12 posted:

Yes, the person who's really publicly vocal about LGBT rights is secretly beating up trans people for no reason. Definitely credible.

Maybe someone should file a similar lawsuit against you and let you fight it.

They knew each other for decades. I can definitely buy that it was more complicated and not as one-sided as the initial interviews with Dedrek Finey indicated. 18/20 of the cases being dropped voluntarily without settlement OR defamation counter-suits certainly implies something along these lines.

It's easy to believe there was tension between them, and that Dawson acted lovely and transphobic to be hurtful (possibly in response to Finey being lovely). Perhaps it culminated in a physical altercation. Point is, none of us know what actually happened and marginalised folks don't often step up and say "hey this perfect, beloved celebrity was actually pretty awful to me behind closed doors" just for shits and giggles. Again, mostly because of folks with attitudes like yours (and worse).

As for your last line... lol, I think you'd find such a lawsuit would hold even less weight than you purport Finey's to.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Poor Moff Gideon. Finds something that is force sensitive only it's tiny and grows super slowly. And it won't even get that much bigger. Can't get as much precious blood as he needs.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Can't get as much precious blood as he needs.

I mean even with 20th century tech as long as you're patient you could hook a toddler up to serious IV hydration and feeding and have a p. steady supply, no? Maybe the M-count doesn't regenerate as good.

Pretty lovely that the turncoat was a Mimbanese. Your people were ride or die anti-Imp dude.

E: The fact that Gideon's "star destroyer" is a Arquitens-class light cruiser kind of cements that he's a bit of a tinpot dictator who would get bowled over pretty easy if the New Republic took notice and sent 1 MC80 carrier group. He'd really be in business if Palpatine would just loan him one or two of the 480 billion Star Destroyers with Superlaser Dicks he's gonna be hoarding under the crust of sinister lightning planet for the next 30 years.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Nov 20, 2020

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Is this supposed to be a palp cloning lab?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I know my precious EU/Legends books described LOTS of cool sounding ships for both the Republic and the Empire, so I'd definitely get a kick out of seeing one CGI fest of a moderate-to-big fleet battle at some point in the Mandalorian's run.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

NowonSA posted:

I know my precious EU/Legends books described LOTS of cool sounding ships for both the Republic and the Empire, so I'd definitely get a kick out of seeing one CGI fest of a moderate-to-big fleet battle at some point in the Mandalorian's run.

If such a thing happened it would have to be the series finale or near it. I'm really enjoying the stakes raising very gradually. "Holy poo poo he has a TIE fighter and like 40 stormtroopers!" and "Wow these raiders have a dinged up surplus ATST!" being high stakes is good for telling Mandolorian stories.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

banned from Starbucks posted:

Is this supposed to be a palp cloning lab?

I am guessing whatever Gideon makes is Snoke, which is a hosed up Palp clone because he introduces his own DNA into it instead of the childs'. Then Palp clone proper can be cloned with the force blood from some of Luke's students?

Neon Knight fucked around with this message at 12:04 on Nov 20, 2020

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I love how Mando has figured out one of the benefits of having a small child; helping with the equivalent of the jungle of cords behind the TV when you're trying to install a new VCR, set top box and/or game system.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Neon Knight posted:

I am guessing whatever Gideon makes is Snoke, which is a hosed up Palp clone because he introduces his own DNA into it instead of the childs'. Then Palp clone proper can be cloned with the force blood from some of Luke's students?

Um palpy made snoke

He said so.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I demand a Paul Saltines cameo.

Herostratus
May 1, 2013
So with the tracker, Din is leading GIdeon straight to Ashoka. This cannot end well.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Ah, stock sound effects, was expecting the Ouroborous portal from City of Heroes to pop up for a second there.

I like that heavy speeder being basically a APC/mobile pillbox.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I’m glad there was more Horatio Sanz. I like him.

It was a fun ep and yeah I get some Kyle Katarn game vibes from this episode. The lightsaber battles in Jedi Academy were real fun and handled well, I always thought. I haven’t played the newest game but watching videos of it, it really bugs me how you can apparently slice through someone and it not immediately kill them. Whenever you faced a lightsaber wielding enemy in those later Jedi Knight games, whoever got tagged first died as it should be.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
those were some quick repairs

chitoryu12 posted:

I was just coming in to post that. That is some extremely Dark Trooper poo poo in the finale.

the series would've made for a kickass videogame. pity no one makes those anymore.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

i was thinking concept boba

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

I just realized something. Palpatine looked like poo poo in Rise of Skywalker. But he's a clone. So why didn't he look like a normal person that hasn't had their body damaged by using a shitload of dark side magic. It took OG Palpatine blasting the poo poo out of Mace Windu with force lightning for him to fall apart physically. When has clone Palpatine ever had to exert that much energy?

Herostratus
May 1, 2013

Sammus posted:

I just realized something. Palpatine looked like poo poo in Rise of Skywalker. But he's a clone. So why didn't he look like a normal person that hasn't had their body damaged by using a shitload of dark side magic. It took OG Palpatine blasting the poo poo out of Mace Windu with force lightning for him to fall apart physically. When has clone Palpatine ever had to exert that much energy?

You're probably thinkng about it harder than the actual writers did.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Something something evil sith soul burns through the husk/clone without X stuff that can’t be grown on a clone.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Herostratus posted:

So with the tracker, Din is leading GIdeon straight to Ashoka. This cannot end well.

It’s going to be loving amazing!
:allears:

Episode owns, Mandolorian owns, Cara Dune owns and needs a recast ASAP.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
That episode had some strong ANH vibes, even down to the wipes.

I'm impressed, Carl Weathers.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

“Me From Last Season’s Thread” posted:

"Baronjutter” posted:

posted:
Maybe cloning guy wanted to study him to create a clone of Yoda's species which is now thought to be extinct? A new imperial clone army, of yodas.

No, I’m pretty certain it’s Yoda. If I had to guess further, they cloned Yoda, a famously powerful Force user, so they could tear him apart and extract his midichlorians so Gideon could infuse his troops with them, creating an army of Force-wielding stormtroopers with which to conquer the galaxy. Maybe they’ll use it to retcon the whole “midichlorians cause Jedi” thing.

Okay, so I was definitely wrong about the Midichlorians thing, but it looks like I was right about the Force-using super troopers.

Also, did they cut out that the weird ferret thingy could breathe fire? That was awesome!

And it’s cool to see Katy O’Brian again after Black Lightning and Agents of SHIELD.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

You can't fool me. Those are Cylon Centurions.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

quote:

Okay, so I was definitely wrong about the Midichlorians thing, but it looks like I was right about the Force-using super troopers.

Also, did they cut out that the weird ferret thingy could breathe fire? That was awesome!

And it’s cool to see Katy O’Brian again after Black Lightning and Agents of SHIELD.

I think you're forgetting her greatest roll as George on Z-Nation, the greatest zombie show ever made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

badjohny posted:

I think you're forgetting her greatest roll as George on Z-Nation, the greatest zombie show ever made.

You can’t forget something you never knew!