Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Fun fact: if you're in a domain with rotating drops during the daily reset, you'll get the drop from the day at the time you entered (if you succeed, that is)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I guess since we're posting our shames or something...

Featuring:

C6 Xiangling
C6 Barbara
C2 Ningguang
C2 Lisa (lol)
C1 Noelle

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
Guess it's my job to make everyone else feel better about their pulls, here you guys go!

To be fair I started late and I've been saving my pulls, but still.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Before this event I'd been saving fragile resins thinking 'oh I will spend them when I'm at 45', but thinking about it a bit more, that plan doesn't really earn extra five-star artifacts, does it? Time and resin are the same thing if you don't cap out, right? I'm not earning more five-star artifacts if I wait two weeks for natural resin regeneration to get me to 45, then using all the fragiles to do tons of domains, versus using all my resins today to get lots of adventure exp, then doing tons of domains over two weeks using natural regeneration

What I might miss from using all my resins is being able to spend them all to blow through an event in an afternoon, or maybe being able to use them all at once in a domain that hasn't released yet to get the new stuff on day one. Also, emergency Sunday boss resin

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The area of effect thing dropping progress is rear end. I do the middle difficulty one because getting thrown out and losing all progress sucks.

I main Aero MC. It helps to remember that enemy grouping is part of your main strategy, and you don’t have to finish a combo that sends them flying.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

bandaid.friend posted:

Before this event I'd been saving fragile resins thinking 'oh I will spend them when I'm at 45', but thinking about it a bit more, that plan doesn't really earn extra five-star artifacts, does it? Time and resin are the same thing if you don't cap out, right? I'm not earning more five-star artifacts if I wait two weeks for natural resin regeneration to get me to 45, then using all the fragiles to do tons of domains, versus using all my resins today to get lots of adventure exp, then doing tons of domains over two weeks using natural regeneration

What I might miss from using all my resins is being able to spend them all to blow through an event in an afternoon, or maybe being able to use them all at once in a domain that hasn't released yet to get the new stuff on day one. Also, emergency Sunday boss resin

Time and AR aren't exactly the same thing in this case since the daily commissions give you such a large amount of adventure experience

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Umm I'm finding chests in Brightcrown Mountains after 100%ing it.

The hell does that mean.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

kater posted:

The hell does that mean.

It means the completion% number rounds up for some dumb reason.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Since everyone's doing it:

Who needs 5*s in their core squad?

kater posted:

The hell does that mean.

They respawn! :tinfoil:

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Decided to go for a few more rolls on this banner despite having gotten Tartaglia, in the hopes of getting Diona finally. Instead... Rust. My second one from the character banner, in fact. It's not even featured (on this banner, at least), and I've pulled it more times than I have Diona. Wow.

I'm really torn on continuing to try, or just saving up for Zhongli and constellations for Razor and Chongyun (and of course Xinyan).

hit button
Mar 18, 2012

Yeah I've found at least 6 chests in a single region after hitting 100%. The requirement to 100% seems to just be a somewhat arbitrary amount of chests found, rather than an indication you've found them all.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Quetzadilla posted:

No wait gently caress this dude

Avynte posted:

0$, no rerolls, but started a couple days after release. Very average imo

That's the most normal roster posted... Diona is a 4*.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

bandaid.friend posted:

Time and resin are the same thing if you don't cap out, right? I'm not earning more five-star artifacts if I wait two weeks for natural resin regeneration to get me to 45, then using all the fragiles to do tons of domains, versus using all my resins today to get lots of adventure exp, then doing tons of domains over two weeks using natural regeneration

Resin is literally time, but in terms of blowing it all now for AR exp versus waiting until 45 to get lots of 5* artifacts... no idea how that min/maxes out. If anything I'd say the increased domain difficulty (and weekly boss difficulty) would skew towards splurging on resin at 45 to get your carry up to god status in the new domain level range. That's just me guessing, though.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

hit button posted:

Yeah I've found at least 6 chests in a single region after hitting 100%. The requirement to 100% seems to just be a somewhat arbitrary amount of chests found, rather than an indication you've found them all.

Good thing too, because there's a rep bonus on getting to 100%, and if I had to find every single chest I would probably ragequit

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

Started a couple weeks ago. I pretty much only get 4*s at the 10 roll pity and often they're lovely weapons. No 5* weps yet.... Pulled Jean off my starter set and pulled Klee on like, the last couple days of her banner.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
I only today realised that you can tell which lootable plants will spawn a Whopperflower, because the loot pop-up will have a speech bubble instead of the icon for the item you're looting.

Hopping on the roster bandwagon. No rerolling, which I do have some regrets about since I did a few rerolls much later on and got Keqing on one of them, and she was really fun to use. Too much time invested in this account though:

C6 Barbara (and gotten two more after maxing her out)
C3 Fischl
C2 Ningguang
C2 Xiangling
C1 Amber
C1 Beidou

Also got a 5 star weapon from the standard banner, Lost Prayers to the Sacred Winds, which is... I guess the movement speed is nice? Not that it sees any use since Barbara is using the dragon slayer book. Getting a 5 star weapon instead of character is such a letdown.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Nov 20, 2020

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hello, I am your local whale, double WP, double BP, packs, you name it (still haven't bought the 100 bucks pack, though)

Ft.
C6 Noelle
C4 Xiangling
C2 Sucrose
C3 Fischl
C1 Beidou
C2 Ningguang
C5 Barbara
C1 Kaeya and Lisa (heh)
C5 Xingqiu (aww)

Fun fact, Keqing was from newbie rolls, and Qiqi was from some common rolls I did with launch primogems or early chest gems (don't remember, rolling that banner was a newbie mistake at the time that helped me a lot instead), no rerolls.
I'll admit if it weren't for my initial luck, I might've not spent so much on the game so far.

Ashenai posted:

Good thing too, because there's a rep bonus on getting to 100%, and if I had to find every single chest I would probably ragequit

Is there? I thought it ended on 60 %?

AG3 posted:

I only today realised that you can tell which lootable plants will spawn a Whopperflower, because the loot pop-up will have a speech bubble instead of the icon for the item you're looting.

You also cannot loot them in co-op, only the world's owner can. They will grey out if you try to interact with them.

Sanya Juutilainen fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Nov 20, 2020

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I'm going to hit standard pity eventually due to free fates and I think half of the 5* weapons are exciting to me (both greatswords, harp, both swords). The fact 5* spears are in the banner with a single spear user in the game is dumb af though.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

AG3 posted:

Hopping on the roster bandwagon. No rerolling, which I do have some regrets about since I did a few rerolls much later on and got Keqing on one of them, and she was really fun to use. Too much time invested in this account though:

C6 Barbara
C3 Fischl
C2 Ningguang
C2 Xiangling
C1 Amber
C1 Beidou

Also got a 5 star weapon from the standard banner, Lost Prayers to the Sacred Winds, which is... I guess the movement speed is nice? Not that it sees any use since Barbara is using the dragon slayer book. Getting a 5 star weapon instead of character is such a letdown.

That is the strongest catalyst in the game, if you put it on an offensive caster like Ningguang you'll be happy to have it, it turns her into an offensive juggernaut.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
This is neat

https://twitter.com/genshinimpact/status/1329762883937345537?s=21

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

That is the strongest catalyst in the game, if you put it on an offensive caster like Ningguang you'll be happy to have it, it turns her into an offensive juggernaut.

I really want to level and gear her, but my resources.... :sweatdrop:

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

No Wave posted:

I'm going to hit standard pity eventually due to free fates and I think half of the 5* weapons are exciting to me (both greatswords, harp, both swords). The fact 5* spears are in the banner with a single spear user in the game is dumb af though.

Guess what I got from the standard banner when I hit a 5*. :shepface:

Also who the gently caress decided that Tartaglia & Diona both needed to use freedom books fit talents and why did I have to miss that day to farm yesterday because of work? Honestly.

YoshiOfYellow fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Nov 20, 2020

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

More incentive to roll for Zhongli then

Hopefully Rosaria is a 5* cause I want a higher stat crazy Battle Sister

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Also who the gently caress decided that Tartaglia & Diona both needed to use freedom books fit talents and why did I have to miss that day to farm yesterday because of work? Honestly.
I'm more mad that for talent level 7 they both use the same childe boss mat WITH HIS TWO OTHER MATERIALS HAVING NO CURRENT USE.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Can confirm this, I have it lvl80 on Klee and she hits like juggernaut even ten levels below Keqing and with suboptimal and mostly unleveled artifacts (so her survivability is kinda lacking, really need that pyro set from domain).

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

AG3 posted:

I really want to level and gear her, but my resources.... :sweatdrop:

Ningguang is so busted strong it's ridiculous, I'm just kicking out constant 8k crits with her charged attack, dropping Jade Screens for 10k, and all of this is mixed with tons of smaller hits from her AoE normal attacks. On top of that she is nearly immune to most ranged attacks and constantly generates shields for herself and the whole party in coop, it's nuts. All of this and I don't even have 5* artifacts or good substats on my purple artifacts yet.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

So is there a general 'winner' to the BP weapons now that the dust has settled or is it just dependent on what you have? I took the spine last time since I hit BP30 pretty early in when people all thought it was the best (and people didn't know yet that environmental damage ticks away at your stacks :v:) so I dunno what to take this time...

e: also just unlocked the 50k crit damage achievement, woo.

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Nov 20, 2020

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
At the request of my heart, can we stop posting rosters for a few pages? Or at least stop acting humble and referring to rosters with 4+ pulled 5*s as “normal” or “average”?

Either way, I am also hoarding all gems for TOTALLYNOTREXLAPIS.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

It's a question of what you need. All of them are crit rate 4*s with mostly irrelevant text. Black sword and solar pearl have relevant text so are a bit better on the few characters that can use them well.

I'm getting Viridescent Hunt because my support Fischl can use it. It'll be better than the rust I had on her before I pulled Tartaglia and then I can give the saceificial I have on her to the Diona I plan on leveling. (I'm actually really liking sacrificial on Fishl though tbh)

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
bandwagon posting

purchased welkin twice, bp twice (no 10 level boost), and maybe $60 of primogems that got me literal trash

C1 Venti
C1 Noelle
C1 Xingqiu
C1 Beidou
C6 Xiangling
C5 Barbara
C1 Amber

also mark me as clearly one of the only people who actually likes tartaglia

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Is there? I thought it ended on 60 %?

Uh, yeah, I got confused.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Looks like my account got hacked or phished because I logged on this afternoon to all my primogems gone and the records saying they all got rolled away on the permanent banner at 5am today. Angry obviously but also slightly baffled that's literally all they did. Didn't even delete my weapons, artifacts or any other mischief, just logged on, rolled, and logged off.

I really hope they add 2FA soon.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Did you get anything good?

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Seriously though. What is a Genshin

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

In trying to get rid of Ruin Guardians, i was wondering why is the Super Conduct effect with Kaeya and any Elec User? Wouldn't a water user with any elec user make more sense for that effect?

Also, gently caress that slime balloon daily commission quest.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

No Wave posted:

Did you get anything good?
Fischl and Rust. I hope the dude who rolled got a thrill at least.

TV Zombie posted:

In trying to get rid of Ruin Guardians, i was wondering why is the Super Conduct effect with Kaeya and any Elec User? Wouldn't a water user with any elec user make more sense for that effect?
Superconductivity is about super-low temperatures lowering resistance to electricity, I guess in magic fantasy china it also lowers resistance to being bonked with big-rear end swords.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

Pierson posted:

Fischl and Rust. I hope the dude who rolled got a thrill at least.

Superconductivity is about super-low temperatures lowering resistance to electricity, I guess in magic fantasy china it also lowers resistance to being bonked with big-rear end swords.

Superconduct lets electro reactions create more arcs, which makes some amount of sense, I would assume that the vulnerability to being bonked comes from the super low temperatures making things brittle.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Rexicon1 posted:

Seriously though. What is a Genshin

Genshin are the people that are called "Allogenes" in the english translation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR-qsEAhVD4&t=6274s

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

50 primos:

GOLNXLAKC58
https://genshin.mihoyo.com/m/en/gift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Tamba posted:

Genshin are the people that are called "Allogenes" in the english translation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR-qsEAhVD4&t=6274s

I guess Allogene Impact doesn’t roll off the tongue as well.