Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Faux Mulder posted:

If y'all like picross on ya Switches don't sleep on Murder By Numbers, either. It's a really well-written and funny detective VN in the style of Phoenix Wright/Professor Layton where you solve picrosses to pick up clues and evidence items, taking place on the set of a 1990s procedural detective show. It's by (an entirely different team at) the studio that made Fall Guys, and it's great.

Agreed. Also, it's on PC too and will run on a potato if you don't have a Switch. Such a great game, and much bigger and longer than I anticipated, especially for the low price. My playthrough took like 30 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Is there any relatively simple way to get DS roms to show up on my 3DS homescreen (like how .cia files work)? Or do you always need to go through a launcher?

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

MatchaZed posted:

Hey, anyone able to get Patapon to run on PPSSPP on Switch? Patapon 2 and 3 run, as do many other games. Tried multiple copies, can someone check?

Still can't figure this one out and my google skills are failing.

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Could just be a compatibility issue, it isn't perfect

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Yeah just can't find the compat list, athough it works on PC. FF1 had problems for a while and it runs now on switch.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
this thing isn't even out yet and lol
https://twitter.com/ghidraninja/status/1326947506224238594

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

What the gently caress, it’s not even out yet.:lol:

ExcessBLarg!
Sep 1, 2001
Some folks with UK preorders received theirs today.

Premeditated Toast
Apr 24, 2008

Same as it ever was.
I keep getting mixed answers from other older sources; is there a way to use old flash carts like CycloDS Evolution on the 3DS?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The 3DS blocked some earlier DS flashcarts on a hardware level, but you can use this to get around it:

https://github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_Launcher/releases

If that doesn't work, R4 carts are dirt cheap

flavor.flv fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Nov 17, 2020

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

A new 3DS update just dropped. First in a year.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

SeANMcBAY posted:

A new 3DS update just dropped. First in a year.

Rip browserhax 2020. That seems to be all the update fixed

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

MagusDraco posted:

Rip browserhax 2020. That seems to be all the update fixed

So you're saying I shouldn't update my hacked 3DS? :)

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

Premeditated Toast posted:

I keep getting mixed answers from other older sources; is there a way to use old flash carts like CycloDS Evolution on the 3DS?

RandomFerret posted:

The 3DS blocked some earlier DS flashcarts on a hardware level, but you can use this to get around it:

https://github.com/ApacheThunder/NTR_Launcher/releases

If that doesn't work, R4 carts are dirt cheap

I use NTR Launcher with my CycloDS Evolution so you should be fine with this.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

The recent 3DS update breaks certain exploits including the more recent browserhax. It also breaks Luma (a fix has been released since), so do not update your firmware until you update Luma first.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Also, if anyone can help me with this, it would be appreciated. I hadn't bothered yet with open_agb on the 3DS to play some GBA and thought this would be a good chance since I took out the SD card anyway.

I would like to play a good Emerald romhack, which would carry as many of the later games features as possible. I found this one called New Emerald, but it refuses to load under open_agb. I threw in a standard game as well to check if open_agb wasn't working, but it's fine, so I guess this particular romhack doesn't run. Any suggestions? I have also installed mGBA to see if it would handle and, while it does run the romhack, the audio keeps cracking and for some reason it freezes the system on closing the app, requiring a forced shutdown of the 3DS. No bueno.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

When you say open_agb are you converting the rom to a CIA for Virtual Console injection or are you running it through Twilight Menu? Because every GBA file I've tried to run through Twilight has issues but I've converted several, including patched ROMs, and they load with no issues.

Nevermind, I missed the part where you said another ROM works. Sorry.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I'm actually running it as a Luma payload, as in, the system boots straight to it (the same way I would for Godmode) instead of going through the 3DS OS. From what I read, this is the recommended way to do it since it boots things natively and doesn't require VC injections.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Does the romhack work on actual hardware?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Huh. I haven't started messing with payloads but like I said I've had no issues with VC injections.

I'm not sure I even understand the difference between the two.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
So there's finally some really good settings for PCSX ReARMed on the 3DS that I tested out with Valyrie Profile. They work a loving treat. 60FPS with a bit of loading hitch here and there on certain animations.

Way better than the 30FPS stuttery mess it was before, lot of asynchronous settings really help get things running nicely. Haven't tried Chrono Cross or FF7 or anything, but if it can do Valyrie Profile without many problems, I'm sure those'll be fine, too.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I'm installing that if the Mega Man Legends games run well.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Looks like you're installing it. I played like five minutes of MML and noticed one hitch in an opening cutscene, the beginning bit of gameplay runs like glass. I did have to add a bios for MML, but it loaded just fine after that. I also set it to synchronous, but I'm not sure that's necessary. The tutorial for MML2 ran perfectly, as well.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I bought a 3ds for megaman legends and I'm goddamn well going to play it!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

My friend is selling off his PS4 Pro and I'm considering buying it and modding it for the 60FPS patch for Bloodborne and the randomizer; what firmware does it have to be in order to do so? And is it a pain in the rear end to get it modded?

Commie Lasorda
May 15, 2009

IT'S CLOBBERIN' TIME!
It needs to be on version 6.72 last I checked. It's an easy to run web based exploit so hacking it is trivial.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

6.72 is what you need right now, the kernel exploit theoretically works up to 7.02 but someone needs to find a new userland exploit before it's usable

If the PS4 is already updated past 7.02 it's not much use for modding

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Distortion2 said that the Death Stranding PS4 Pro comes out of the box with a moddable firmware version, is that the case? I might just go that route if my friend's is too high.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

That model had firmware 6.70 yeah, but it was discontinued a while ago and the sellers that still have new stock are all charging >$500 from what I can see

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B07YBX9F4V/ref=dp_olp_ALL_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=ALL

It's an option if you don't mind paying PS5 money for a PS4

repiv fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Nov 21, 2020

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

RIP my stupid rear end then, I saw one going brand new on eBay several days back for under $400 and I didn't jump on it. Welp.

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
new wii u exploit

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
so im seeing a ps1 emu for 3ds but tell me honestly, will it play chrono cross

cause i have doubts

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Do we need a new exploit or is it just a cool find? I just spent the weekend softmodding my Wii U and I'm still downloading and injecting games so I want to know if that's all for nothing.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

so im seeing a ps1 emu for 3ds but tell me honestly, will it play chrono cross

cause i have doubts

I'm pretty sure it's just one of those "well, technically it works" type of things. I don't think it's good at any length.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

But enough about chrono cross' game design

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Walla posted:

Do we need a new exploit or is it just a cool find? I just spent the weekend softmodding my Wii U and I'm still downloading and injecting games so I want to know if that's all for nothing.

It's just an alternative, might make things easier for anyone who's not CFW in the future maybe but if you're done you're done and it's not worth thinking about

Muk Dumpster
Jun 27, 2020

Text Here
Like when the shop closes and haxchi dies

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Ok, good. I'm relatively new to the softmodding scene. I can copy files and follow instructions but gently caress me if I actually know what's going on under the hood.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Walla posted:

I can copy files and follow instructions but gently caress me if I actually know what's going on under the hood.

pretty sure this is most of the modding userbase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

LODGE NORTH posted:

I'm pretty sure it's just one of those "well, technically it works" type of things. I don't think it's good at any length.

dang