Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

The only wrong Ys game to start with is Ys 2.

(I kid. I just kind of feel like Ys 2 is a slog compared to the other games, even Ys 1.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Agrias120 posted:

The only wrong Ys game to start with is Ys 2.

(I kid. I just kind of feel like Ys 2 is a slog compared to the other games, even Ys 1.)

It's also a direct continuation of Ys 1, so it's extra a bad one to start with.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Just don't start with Ys V.....

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I asked some friends about Ys and they slammed this link at me which is apparently like the Ys launching pad with multiple avenues of game order progression you can choose from like it's a video game moral choice.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jesus, just play them in any order you like there's little if any continuity, other than Y 1&2 which are virtually impossible to get separately anyway.

Not V though

Zongerian
Apr 23, 2020

by Cyrano4747
Yeah just play VIII, you can slide jump around at 50 mph like Ryu Hayabusa

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Only played 8 but want to play more. Only have a Vita at the moment though, lol.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

hadji murad posted:

Only played 8 but want to play more. Only have a Vita at the moment though, lol.

Well, from my memory, you should be able to trivially play Memories of Celceta, Ys Origin, and Ys 7, since the first two are Vita games and the third is a PSP game. I know there's a PSP release of Ys 1+2 Chronicles, I just don't know if it's available.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I was glad the store wasn't so broken now I couldn't add BUGSNAX.

Some day I may even own a PS5 and play it :)

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The vita version of Origin is trash unfortunately. I love the game but that version is unstable and has lots of hitching and framedrops, especially during bosses which is when you need that poo poo least. Avoid!

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

In Training posted:

The vita version of Origin is trash unfortunately. I love the game but that version is unstable and has lots of hitching and framedrops, especially during bosses which is when you need that poo poo least. Avoid!

This is a fair point, I've never played that version of the game and you can easily get a good experience elsewhere.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

hadji murad posted:

memories of celcetta is excellent too

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I think 8 is the weakest of the party Ys games, not having played 9 yet.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I own Ys: Origin and Oath in Felghana on Steam and Ys: Origin on PS4, these two are the ones I've played so far and liked them a lot. Is there any other on PS4 worth playing?

Ninja edit: seems that I own Ys I and II on Steam too.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ys 8 is on PS4 and great.

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

Guillermus posted:

I own Ys: Origin and Oath in Felghana on Steam and Ys: Origin on PS4, these two are the ones I've played so far and liked them a lot. Is there any other on PS4 worth playing?

Ninja edit: seems that I own Ys I and II on Steam too.

Memories of Celceta just recently came to PS4 and is definitely worth checking out. It was my first Ys game, and I really enjoyed it.

kirbysuperstar posted:

I think 8 is the weakest of the party Ys games, not having played 9 yet.

I was really underwhelmed by 8, so much so that I just couldn't finish it. Honestly, I'm not too excited for 9, but I really hope it's better.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Nioh 1 and 2 coming to ps5.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/11/13/the-nioh-collection-announced-for-ps5-launches-next-february/

No Nioh 1 upgrade, Nioh 2 is a free upgrade (if you own the base game you get the ps5 Nioh 2 base game. And you get dlc for ps5 if you own it on ps4)

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?
E: phone posting on the wrong forum

Schremp Howard fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Nov 14, 2020

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

Schremp Howard posted:

These jerseys all look super cool, so I can’t wait for the league to announce they’ll wear them for warm ups in a preseason game in China and not make them available for retail sale.

what

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the playstation team is gonna wear these new jersey in a preseason game in china but make them unavailable for purcahse, whats confusing about that

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Schremp Howard posted:

These jerseys all look super cool, so I can’t wait for the league to announce they’ll wear them for warm ups in a preseason game in China and not make them available for retail sale.

yeah, China gets all the cool stuff

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wolfsheim posted:

I was glad the store wasn't so broken now I couldn't add BUGSNAX.

Some day I may even own a PS5 and play it :)

The store is currently so broken I can't add it and also every link for my account is broken as well lol

Good job Sony

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

The store is currently so broken I can't add it and also every link for my account is broken as well lol

Good job Sony

I think people said you could log out, delete all your (Sony) cookies, and log back in and that fixes it sometimes

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

morallyobjected posted:

I think people said you could log out, delete all your (Sony) cookies, and log back in and that fixes it sometimes

Ah that did the trick, thanks. The links are still broken though lol

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

Ah that did the trick, thanks. The links are still broken though lol

yeah, the mobile store is still probably the best experience. I haven't had any problems with it, anyway.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

For what it's worth here are some of the deals in Best Buy Canada's flyer for Black Friday, should give a general idea of what some BF prices might look like. Note that there are no discounted PS4 console bundles listed. All prices are in CAD. All listings are for PS4 versions of games.

Days Gone (PS4) - $29.99 (regularly $49.99)
Death Stranding (PS4) - $29.99 (regularly $49.99)
FIFA 21 (PS4) - $39.99 (regularly $79.99) [upgrades to PS5 version for free when available December 4th. Must redeem PS5 upgrade before FIFA 22's release in late 2021 (August-October)]
FIFA 21 DualShock 4 Wireless Controller Bundle (PS4) - $99.99 (regularly $129.99) [controller only works on PS5 for PS4 versions of games]
Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4) - $49.99 (regularly $79.99) [November 22 to 30]
Ghost of Tsushima (PS4) - $49.99 (regularly $79.99)
Madden NFL 21 (PS4) - $39.99 (regularly $79.99) [upgrades to PS5 version for free when available December 4th. Must redeem PS5 upgrade before Madden 22's release in late 2021 (likely August)]
Marvel's Avengers (PS4) - $39.99 (regularly $79.99) [November 22 to 30] [will upgrade to PS5 version for free when available in 2021]
Marvel's Spider-Man, Game of the Year Edition (PS4) - $29.99 (regularly $49.99) [does NOT upgrade to PS5 remastered version, this is only available with Miles Morales Ultimate Edition. However, will export save to PS5 version with a to-be-released patch] (this should be a "vanilla version" disc with a season pass PSN voucher, expect beefy download to be required)
MLB The Show 20 (PS4) - $19.99 (regularly $49.99) [no PS5-native version is planned. MLB The Show 21 will likely release around March 2021]
NBA 2K21 (PS4) - $39.99 (regularly $79.99) [November 22 to 30] [does NOT have an upgrade path, free or paid, to PS5 version]
NHL 21 (PS4) - $39.99 (regularly $79.99) [no PS5-native version is planned]
Nioh 2 (PS4) - $19.99 (regularly $49.99) [will upgrade to PS5 version for free when available]
Star Wars Squadrons (PS4, Xbox One) - $29.99 (regularly $54.99)
The Last of Us Part II (PS4) - $39.99 (regularly $79.99)
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 (PS4) - $49.99 (regularly $59.99) [November 22 to 28]

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Amazon Canada just dropped all the Greatest Hits titles plus Kingdom Hearts 3 to $9.99 CAD and BestBuy Canada dropped them to match. I’m guessing there will be a similar sale on PSN as we get a little closer to Black Friday.

Snagged physical copies of Horizon Zero Dawn, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Nioh for $30. :hellyeah:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Two out of the three current PSN sales end today so it's likely Black Friday sale time.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

BGrifter posted:

Amazon Canada just dropped all the Greatest Hits titles plus Kingdom Hearts 3 to $9.99 CAD and BestBuy Canada dropped them to match. I’m guessing there will be a similar sale on PSN as we get a little closer to Black Friday.

Snagged physical copies of Horizon Zero Dawn, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Nioh for $30. :hellyeah:

The greatest hits boxes are so relentlessly ugly though :(

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Black Friday stuff is live in the UK at least, grabbed Resi 3 for £16

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Well, that old PS Store link posted earlier in the thread is dead now. Farewell, usable old webstore. :(

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

this still loads for me https://store.playstation.com/en-us/home/games?smcid=psapp

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

A note for PS5 havers: If you get a disc PS4 game that has a free PS5 upgrade, this takes the form of an upgrade pack purchased for free through the store. This means you'll need a PSN account for an appropriate region of the discs you're upgrading (e.g. if you're in Europe and import discs from the US or Asia you will need to roll a North American or Asian PSN account for the purposes of downloading the PS5 upgrade client). If you absolutely want a self-contained disc with no PSN requirement you will have to get the PS5-only disc versions.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, it must be just for EU then because that takes me to the new store. :(

E: Also Black Friday sales are up and there are some doozies there.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I just noticed the new store also doesn't include add-ons? Like if I like a game and want to see if the DLC is on sale (or if it even has DLC) it's just not there. A+ web design gents

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah it fuckin sucks lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

this is the first sale I've tried to use the new store and you can't even sort anything. it's comically bad lol

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Just use psprices.com to search for deals and when you find one, use the store search to buy. The new store is such poo poo.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I noticed the PS Black Friday sale was on because PSPrices vomited out like 40 emails at me when I was playing Demon's Souls so I wandered over to the on-system store and they have no link for deals. :dawkins101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Wow am I gonna know the prices once PayPal tells me or what