Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I hope we get to see if Morax had a cute original form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i was curious about his female disguise from the past but i guess Hu Tao will fit the bill if she's the datamined character model i'm thinking of. their aesthetics seem to be similar by virtue of working together at the funeral parlor.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

MarcusSA posted:

Yeah this is where I’m at with Ningguangs C2. It seems on the face of it super OP.

This is correct, especially given how fast it casts, the scaling on the dmg, how well it knocks mobs around, and the range on the AE. Really looking forward to even more screen spamming/exploding shenanigans with Zhongli.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Kequing, this seems more like a gift for you than one for me.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

More like a gift for Chongyun or Zhongli, lol. Boys only

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

dogsicle posted:

i was curious about his female disguise from the past but i guess Hu Tao will fit the bill if she's the datamined character model i'm thinking of. their aesthetics seem to be similar by virtue of working together at the funeral parlor.

maybe someday we'll get the waifu-zhongli and chibi-zhongli

(web event text)

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I mentioned Honkai Impact 3rd the other day for a potential on how Mihoyo might handle the gacha in the future and so I come bearing a witness to what gacha overload looks like for any smart enough to not play that cursed game:

Everything except Expansion Supply and ELF has two banners like Event does. It wasn't always like this, but they just kind of crept in there by adding more and more, and more and more gacha currency to boot (note that on top of using crystals the event banner selected uses golden tickets to roll, the other event banner uses unique tickets as well, the elf banner uses elf tickets and every other banner uses one of three more standardized currencies.) And it's a model that seemed to work pretty well for them I guess, so Just as a heads up for what be in store for Genshin's gacha in a year or two I guess.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You can also farm for characters and they just give away 5 stars by that point.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, if 2 years down the line we have costume gacha, pet gacha, and furniture gacha, i won't be too salty if we get easy to focused-farm characters too.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Tae posted:

You can also farm for characters and they just give away 5 stars by that point.

Some characters, but yes it's a very useful and good thing. I managed to get some of my favorite characters fully maxed out grinding them over months, rather than rolling them from the gacha. You can also farm and grind for 5* equipment with some of the best stuff being crafted at the moment, it's not as bad as it looks, but it's also rough to start fresh at this point in the game.

On the other side, the character on the banner I have selected there, Argent Knight, this is only her third or fourth time being on a banner at all and every single time it's been a bullshit event banner like this one which makes her one of the rarest characters in the game because the only way to reliably roll for her is to spend crystals and they only put her up during events that are heavy on other hot button items like new characters or popular revivals. In this case, both just happened and then they announced she'd be returning and people got excited hoping that maybe this time it'd finally be a standard banner so all these tickets we've been accumulating would finally be spent: but nope, event banner again.

Avynte posted:

Yeah, if 2 years down the line we have costume gacha, pet gacha, and furniture gacha, i won't be too salty if we get easy to focused-farm characters too.

I really do hope they add in events where free-choice constellation upgrades are the main reward.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

need best strat for getting mona, qiqi, Keqing ty in adv

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
It would be cool if you could turn voices off in this game

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Bruceski posted:

Kequing, this seems more like a gift for you than one for me.

Look, she's already going on a date with you, what more do you want?

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

kater posted:

need best strat for getting mona, qiqi, Keqing ty in adv

Sell your car, buy primos

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

I think I just had an evilgasm...

Ibblebibble posted:

I am greatly enjoying the attack animations whenever they kick their weapons to do more attacks.

Now implement one of those for a catalyst user.

Sounds like you want a bitball user from Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Some Numbers posted:

I was just going through my artifacts and found this one.

:shrug:
Keep that one too (the other one is imo better if you're only leveling one of them). I've got 72 gold artifacts and zero 5* electro goblets. You can always scrap it later.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nuebot posted:

I mentioned Honkai Impact 3rd the other day for a potential on how Mihoyo might handle the gacha in the future and so I come bearing a witness to what gacha overload looks like for any smart enough to not play that cursed game:

Everything except Expansion Supply and ELF has two banners like Event does. It wasn't always like this, but they just kind of crept in there by adding more and more, and more and more gacha currency to boot (note that on top of using crystals the event banner selected uses golden tickets to roll, the other event banner uses unique tickets as well, the elf banner uses elf tickets and every other banner uses one of three more standardized currencies.) And it's a model that seemed to work pretty well for them I guess, so Just as a heads up for what be in store for Genshin's gacha in a year or two I guess.

Yeah, the banners in that confuse me. I've only touched the Dorm one (until I got the guaranteed S at 25 rolls, which actually took a while because that game is pretty stingy with crystals) and the other one that has a battlesuit. One thing that will limit the number of banners compared with HI3 is that Genshin doesn't have an equivalent to Stigmas (Artifacts I guess, which aren't gacha items).

I doubt they'll actually do this, though. Genshin is obviously aimed at a much broader audience, so they'll probably try to avoid confusing players too much (beyond what's apparently necessary due to Chinese gambling laws or whatever).

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Squiddycat posted:

I'd like to see this leaked map

Obviously major-ish spoilers, was from Reddit, but got deleted in meantime:

There was also more graphical stuff, like some kind of red seelies, armoured ruin guards, new book (or handbook?) with treasure hunting, etc

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

honkai's gacha was exactly the same as genshin's for the first few years. also farming characters was in from the start in honkai, so they're not directly comparable in that regard. i imagine after a few more regions are added they'll start doing some kind of "farm old characters/constellations with resin" type mechanic.

ThePineapple
Oct 19, 2009
Ok I just reached WL4 / AR35 and I literally cannot beat Oceanid. How do I handle this?
My typical team is Childe lv60 / Xiangling lv60 / Bennett lv40 / Xingqiu lv40. In addition I have all the free characters plus Ningguang c1, Diona, and Beidou (unleveled).
I want to beat Oceanid to ascend Childe but it just seems impossible. If the birds come out, it's over - Childe doesn't do enough ranged damage to them to kill them quickly so either I keep getting hit by birds until I die, or the boss does his unavoidable DoT that kills me. Aside from that, the ducks have a DoT vortex underneath them that kills me if I try to melee them, but again Childe's ranged damage generally isn't enough to kill them before they rush me down.

The only thing I can think of is to try to invest a ton of resources into Ningguang to also make her a DPS carry? I've tried using Kaeya and Lisa for freeze or electricity but they also get bursted down very quickly and don't end up helping that much. Other than that I could try to ascend my Xiangling first (and her weapon) but I'm still not sure how much that would help.

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER
Jul 12, 2014

ThePineapple posted:

Ok I just reached WL4 / AR35 and I literally cannot beat Oceanid. How do I handle this?
My typical team is Childe lv60 / Xiangling lv60 / Bennett lv40 / Xingqiu lv40. In addition I have all the free characters plus Ningguang c1, Diona, and Beidou (unleveled).
I want to beat Oceanid to ascend Childe but it just seems impossible. If the birds come out, it's over - Childe doesn't do enough ranged damage to them to kill them quickly so either I keep getting hit by birds until I die, or the boss does his unavoidable DoT that kills me. Aside from that, the ducks have a DoT vortex underneath them that kills me if I try to melee them, but again Childe's ranged damage generally isn't enough to kill them before they rush me down.

The only thing I can think of is to try to invest a ton of resources into Ningguang to also make her a DPS carry? I've tried using Kaeya and Lisa for freeze or electricity but they also get bursted down very quickly and don't end up helping that much. Other than that I could try to ascend my Xiangling first (and her weapon) but I'm still not sure how much that would help.

You don't keep kaeya/Diona out, you just swap them in quickly to freeze so your carry can attack uninterrupted. If your carry can't kill the enemies fast enough, you probably need to upgrade your artifacts/weapon

E: for birds, Lisa and fischl are good. I have fish, so I haven't tried Lisa, but if her ult can hit birds try coming in with that precharged. You'll also be able to get a free fischl soon

N-N-N-NINE BREAKER fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Nov 21, 2020

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
Get Fischl from the event in a couple of days, level Fischl, use Fischl to ride roughshod over Oceanid.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
The meteorite difficulty is definitely based on region. The ones in Monstadt are very easy, and the ones near the starting position are laughable. I had one with two fire assassins. One after the other, that was it. I got to AR45 just now and the Monstadt ones still seem very easy.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, the banners in that confuse me. I've only touched the Dorm one (until I got the guaranteed S at 25 rolls, which actually took a while because that game is pretty stingy with crystals) and the other one that has a battlesuit. One thing that will limit the number of banners compared with HI3 is that Genshin doesn't have an equivalent to Stigmas (Artifacts I guess, which aren't gacha items).

I doubt they'll actually do this, though. Genshin is obviously aimed at a much broader audience, so they'll probably try to avoid confusing players too much (beyond what's apparently necessary due to Chinese gambling laws or whatever).

The dorm banner is the generic banner you generally don't want to spend your currency on (except the dorm banner specific tickets) and yeah, I'd like to think we won't have gacha artifacts but if they take a turn to character specific artifacts like how stigma are set up in honkai they might. But you are correct that Genshin targets a broader audience so it is in their interest to keep things more simplified and streamlined.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

Tsyni posted:

The meteorite difficulty is definitely based on region. The ones in Monstadt are very easy, and the ones near the starting position are laughable. I had one with two fire assassins. One after the other, that was it. I got to AR45 just now and the Monstadt ones still seem very easy.

I don't think that's correct, the meteors are showing up near the rear end end of Liyue for me now, and they seem to be exactly the same. I definitely got two assassin meteorites there are well.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Ashenai posted:

I don't think that's correct, the meteors are showing up near the rear end end of Liyue for me now, and they seem to be exactly the same. I definitely got two assassin meteorites there are well.

Must be confirmation bias for me then. My first ones were all in Liyue and were an actual challenge. Guess I am lucking out on the newest batch.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
Difficulty depends on teamcomp too, for me the hardest one is probably the one with the Fatui lightning hammerbro and fat water gunner. Although I can't imagine the single assassin one being hard for anyone.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i haven't seen a single Mondstadt meteor, but yeah i've had the 2x Fatui Agent one. not hard but definitely obnoxious so the kill 2 requirement makes sense from a frustration standpoint? also they spawn alone out in the world, so outside of specific stuff like domains/Abyss it makes sense to me that they would do that. like i would be surprised if there were any meteors with Cicin Mages + adds.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
I had a Cicin Mage meteor, she summoned her stupid flies just fine. It was super frustrating because at one point she teleported on top of the loving meteor where I couldn't melee her, and she wouldn't come down.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Ashenai posted:

Difficulty depends on teamcomp too, for me the hardest one is probably the one with the Fatui lightning hammerbro and fat water gunner. Although I can't imagine the single assassin one being hard for anyone.

Yeah, I haven't even got that combo yet after having done enough to get all the exp and most of the money in the shop.

edit: I've done 25

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Ashenai posted:

I had a Cicin Mage meteor, she summoned her stupid flies just fine. It was super frustrating because at one point she teleported on top of the loving meteor where I couldn't melee her, and she wouldn't come down.

well she always comes with Cicins, i was thinking more of something like her + hilichurls or some other trash mob. like how you can get Cicin Mage+Treasure Hoarders in late Abyss, or Cicin Mage+Agent in the Noblesse domain. that stuff seems the exception to how they use enemies normally when the meteors seem to spawn groups closer to what you'd find in the wild.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
There's one Liyue one with some super powered Treasure Hoarders who don't get stunned very easily and will stagger their attacks to catapult you out of the radius.

They're also super beefy compared to the hordes of Hilichurls and it's quite frustrating.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

It's so loving annoying being shot at by dudes long range around the circle, leading to your painful stunlocky death

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

God I am so sick of the hilichurl archers standing well outside of the circle.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
Blew my entire stash of primos playing since launch (f2p) trying to just get a c2 ning but for my troubles got c6 fiona, c4 beidou, and an off-banner mona (but not ning). Also pulled sacrificial fragments which is probably good for someone. Won't have much to throw at zhaddy unfortunately :(

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tsyni posted:

The hardest meteorite for me, and the only one where I caved and did it on a lower difficulty after repeated failures with multiple team comps, was in Mondstadt. Because it was, like, ten Treasure Hoarders at once, two-three of the "leaders" running in to dropkick me in the face while the rest chucked fire and electric bottles and triggered constant overloads (not even on me; the lingering patches from their attacks seemed to interact with each other) to toss me around even more. It was agony.

This event has been pretty easy for me otherwise, but that one meteorite, wow. That was the worst.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Squiddycat posted:

It's so loving annoying being shot at by dudes long range around the circle, leading to your painful stunlocky death

HMS Beagle posted:

God I am so sick of the hilichurl archers standing well outside of the circle.

Sucrose does a great job of sucking them into the circle.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Quetzadilla posted:

Blew my entire stash of primos playing since launch (f2p) trying to just get a c2 ning but for my troubles got c6 fiona, c4 beidou, and an off-banner mona (but not ning). Also pulled sacrificial fragments which is probably good for someone. Won't have much to throw at zhaddy unfortunately :(

You have about 31 days to get zhong since pity counter carries over.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Quetzadilla posted:

C6 Diona is pretty nutty though. Time to switch gears and make a crazy overload, shatter, and/or electrocharge team (Or melt, I guess). Hope you have Sucrose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I'm surprised by how hard they made the meteors. I'm AR45 and Tartaglia+Fischl are two of my leveled characters so it should be easy as hell but some of these are still messed up on mobile (hydrogunner+lightning guy specifically).

I think a lot of the annoyance would be fixed if they showed what enemies would spawn before the fight started because fatui demand hard counters.