Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Floofy posted:

Tampa’s defence vs the rams, or Miami vs Denver?

Absolutely Miami imo. Denver is a mess offensively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Pick 3:

Chase Claypool (v. Jaguars)
Christian Kirk (v. Seahawks)
DK Metcalf (v. Cardinals)
Tee Higgins (v. Football Team)

Call me crazy, but I'm thinking of sitting Metcalf. His last four performances against the Cardinals have not been good.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

spinst posted:

Pick 3:

Call me crazy, but I'm thinking of sitting Metcalf. His last four performances against the Cardinals have not been good.
DK has only played the Cardinals three times; twice as a rookie. I wouldnt read that much into it. He had a bad week last week getting covered by Jalen "Giant Baby" Ramsey and had a bad game against the Cardinals earlier this year, but he's still #4 in WR PPR scoring. Dont sit your studs. If it were me I would sit Kirk or Claypool because Metcalf & Higgins' consistent production should play - Higgins did great last week against the stingy Steelers. Kirk has been targeted a lot lately and has scored a bunch of TDs so I might sit Claypool? Its a tough decision.

edit: The Steelers vs Jags game could be over by the end of the first quarter so Claypool may not get a lot of work, but again its really hard to say and I'm no expert :\

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Nov 19, 2020

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

spinst posted:

Pick 3:

Similar conundrum here except swap out Lockett for Metcalf. I don't think I'd sit Metcalf - especially because that game's likely to be a shootout. I'm only sitting Lockett because of injury concerns.

FWIW, I've got Justin Jefferson as well so I'm going with a WR in the flex over Mike Davis and Duke Johnson. (Might swap out Kirk for Davis if CMC doesn't return.)

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Got a couple of Hyde related questions, assuming Carson is out

no PPR

James Conner @ Jax
Carlos Hyde v Ari

Great matchup for Conner, but he's been trash the last couple of weeks in good matchups. Hyde is Seahawks RB so should get a lot of carries.

Half PPR

Hyde v Ari
Zeke @ Min
Chase Edmonds @ Sea

Zeke has been trash since Dak died, but Dalton back after a bye to get back on track. Edmonds had a huge game against Seattle last time and should be a high scoring game.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

dxt posted:

Got a couple of Hyde related questions, assuming Carson is out

no PPR

James Conner @ Jax
Carlos Hyde v Ari

Great matchup for Conner, but he's been trash the last couple of weeks in good matchups. Hyde is Seahawks RB so should get a lot of carries.

Half PPR

Hyde v Ari
Zeke @ Min
Chase Edmonds @ Sea

Zeke has been trash since Dak died, but Dalton back after a bye to get back on track. Edmonds had a huge game against Seattle last time and should be a high scoring game.

Hyde for the first.

I don't want to recommend a Cowboys so I cannot comment on the second.

Need a flex in .5ppr

Gio @WTF
Drake @SEA (Thu)
Du. Johnson v. NE

Currently have slotted in Du... Du Johns.... Duke Johnson and am also thinking of that one Rammschtein song when I hear his name.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

PPR - need 1 RB, 2WR, 1 Flex
Bolded currently in.

Zeke @Min
Gibson vs Cin
Woods @TB
Kirk @Sea (Thursday)
Crowder @LAC

Golladay @Car (if he plays)

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

1 PPR, pick 1 flex:
Mike Davis vs Det
Antonio Gibson vs WFT
Jakobi Meyers @ Hou
Kenyan Drake @ Sea

I am leaning Mike Davis but almost feel like gambling on Meyers being the only standout WR on the Pats and the Hou D being bad against the pass.

1 PPR, pick 1 TE:
Jonnu
Shultz

Obviously leaning Jonnu but he's been averaging two targets a game the past few weeks while with Dalton back Shultz might get more looks, but I might be overthinking it?

edit: Might change my name Andy Dalton Shultz

Chernabog posted:

PPR - need 1 RB, 2WR, 1 Flex
Bolded currently in.

Zeke @Min
Gibson vs Cin
Woods @TB
Kirk @Sea (Thursday)
Crowder @LAC

Golladay @Car (if he plays)
I like it.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Someone tell me DSYS in wanting to bench James Robinson for a terrible matchup and QB situation for either Tee Higgins (solid floor) or Christian Kirk (a salivating matchup) as my flex.

(Derrick Henry and Mike Davis are RBs.)

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

1 PPR, pick 1 flex:
Mike Davis vs Det
Antonio Gibson vs WFT
Jakobi Meyers @ Hou
Kenyan Drake @ Sea

I am leaning Mike Davis but almost feel like gambling on Meyers being the only standout WR on the Pats and the Hou D being bad against the pass.

1 PPR, pick 1 TE:
Jonnu
Shultz

Obviously leaning Jonnu but he's been averaging two targets a game the past few weeks while with Dalton back Shultz might get more looks, but I might be overthinking it?

edit: Might change my name Andy Dalton Shultz

I like it.

1- Can't go wrong with any of the first 3 I think
2- I'd probably stick with Jonnu.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Dango Bango posted:

Someone tell me DSYS in wanting to bench James Robinson for a terrible matchup and QB situation for either Tee Higgins (solid floor) or Christian Kirk (a salivating matchup) as my flex.

The Steelers may curbstomp the Jags really hard, or maybe the Jags will go all Mr. Hyde and give them a hard time like they did for the Packers? If it were me I would be tempted to play Higgins over JRob in that situation, but I'm not sure and I cant honestly recommend sitting a stud like JRob even against the Steelers.

Chernabog posted:

1- Can't go wrong with any of the first 3 I think
2- I'd probably stick with Jonnu.
Thanks, thats what I was thinking.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
With Hyde playing tonight and assuming Carson is out.

Hyde is my flex currently, but i also have Gio on my bench waiting to see if Mixon is out or not. Do i just roll with Hyde? Other option would be Landry but ew.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Hmmm...I've got one player (Kirk) who has a game tonight, and am waffling on if he's worth starting over my other dudes.

1PPR, 1QB/2WR/2RB/Flex/TE

WR
AJ Brown
Jefferson
Kirk
DJ Moore
Antonio Brown
Pittman Jr, Diggs (BYE)

RB:
King Henry
RoJo
Henderson Jr
Gio Bernard
CMC (OUT)

Bolded are my current starter selections, with room to add 1 FLEX. If I start Kirk I'd throw him in the WR slot to keep my FLEX options open.

Is he worth starting above the others? Things get muddled to me after my bolded selections. I do need a homerun though - I'm the underdog this week and currently 3rd place out of 10.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

VietCampo posted:

With Hyde playing tonight and assuming Carson is out.

Hyde is my flex currently, but i also have Gio on my bench waiting to see if Mixon is out or not. Do i just roll with Hyde? Other option would be Landry but ew.

I'd go with Hyde over Gio if both Carson and Mixon are out.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I think I'm going to flex Gibson over Crowder. The two targets last week seem like an anomaly but they got me spooked.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Dango Bango posted:

with Henry and Davis in your lineup I think flipping a coin on JRob or Tee is fine. As a fellow JRob owner, monitor his practice reports though, he was limited yesterday but could be rest day for him.

Kirk plays tonight so if you do go with him make sure to put him your WR spot instead of Flex

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Chill Penguin posted:

PPR, pick 1:
Mike Williams v Jets
Jalen Reagor @ Browns

Didn’t get any feedback, also have Gio @WFT slotted in now.

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

0.5 PPR

Should I play Melvin Gordon or Chase Edmonds in my FLEX?

MY other RB are RoJo and Swift

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Chill Penguin posted:

Didn’t get any feedback, also have Gio @WFT slotted in now.

Mike

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

0.5 PPR

MG

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Quiet Feet posted:

Need a flex in .5ppr

Gio @WTF
Drake @SEA (Thu)
Du. Johnson v. NE (Q with supposedly non-covid illness)

Wouldn't normally rehash on the same page but Drake is playing tonight. Seattle is supposed to be a good matchup but Drake sucks and is in a time share whereas Duke seems to be getting 95% of the snaps and Gio has already put in a few good weeks and can ha dle passing downs.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
With Carson and Mostert still hurt, my RB situation this week continues to be bad. I need to pick two in .5ppr

Carlos Hyde
Gio Bernard
Salvon Ahmed
Melvin Gordon

I am learning towards Hyde and Ahmed. Gordon has been trash and I do not trust him at all. My only concern is workload - is Alex Collins going to eat into Hyde's playing time? Is Breida coming back going to hurt Ahmed?

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Pick 2 half ppr:
Harris @ HOU
Duke Johnson vs NE

Hyde vs ARI

il serpente cosmico posted:

With Carson and Mostert still hurt, my RB situation this week continues to be bad. I need to pick two in .5ppr

Carlos Hyde
Gio Bernard
Salvon Ahmed
Melvin Gordon

I am learning towards Hyde and Ahmed. Gordon has been trash and I do not trust him at all. My only concern is workload - is Alex Collins going to eat into Hyde's playing time? Is Breida coming back going to hurt Ahmed?

I like Gio the most out of them. Not sure where to put Hyde as I'm trying to figure that out myself.

freeman fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Nov 19, 2020

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

DeadMansSuspenders posted:

0.5 PPR

Swift is mysteriously in the concussion protocol so you might need to start both. Neither is a great option but I'd start Edmonds tonight so you don't get stuck on Sunday if Swift doesn't play.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735

Quiet Feet posted:

Wouldn't normally rehash on the same page but Drake is playing tonight. Seattle is supposed to be a good matchup but Drake sucks and is in a time share whereas Duke seems to be getting 95% of the snaps and Gio has already put in a few good weeks and can ha dle passing downs.

I like Drake the least of those three, Duke the most.

e: also with no Carson I love Hyde tonight. Just in general.

Popero fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Nov 20, 2020

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Anti-Hero posted:

Hmmm...I've got one player (Kirk) who has a game tonight, and am waffling on if he's worth starting over my other dudes.

1PPR, 1QB/2WR/2RB/Flex/TE

WR
AJ Brown
Jefferson
Kirk
DJ Moore
Antonio Brown
Pittman Jr, Diggs (BYE)

RB:
King Henry
RoJo
Henderson Jr
Gio Bernard
CMC (OUT)

Bolded are my current starter selections, with room to add 1 FLEX. If I start Kirk I'd throw him in the WR slot to keep my FLEX options open.

Is he worth starting above the others? Things get muddled to me after my bolded selections. I do need a homerun though - I'm the underdog this week and currently 3rd place out of 10.

Mea Culpa for reposting on the same page, but Kirk is playing tonight. I feel like it’s a coin flip whether I start him this evening, but that matchup against Seattle...

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Chris Carson is inactive for tonight.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

Chris Carson is inactive for tonight.

Alex Collins and Travis Homer are also inactive, so Hyde should be in for a bell cow role tonight.

EDIT: I'm glad I started Hyde. This is the first time since week 7 one of my RBs has scored a TD ffs

il serpente cosmico fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Nov 20, 2020

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Gobias Ind. posted:

Swift is mysteriously in the concussion protocol so you might need to start both. Neither is a great option but I'd start Edmonds tonight so you don't get stuck on Sunday if Swift doesn't play.
Thanks! I did start him. Very happy he found the endzone.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

I need to pick two in .5 ppr:

Justin jefferson vs. Dallas
AJ Brown @ baltimore
Gio bernard @ Washington

I'm somehow in first and playing against the worst team, (lost CMC, Mixon, and Golladay), but there's like 5 teams breathing down my neck.

My gut tells me AJ and Jefferson but I'm worried about baltimore, a thielen game, vs. Gio's opportunity...

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

basement jihadist posted:

I need to pick two in .5 ppr:

Justin jefferson vs. Dallas
AJ Brown @ baltimore
Gio bernard @ Washington

I'm somehow in first and playing against the worst team, (lost CMC, Mixon, and Golladay), but there's like 5 teams breathing down my neck.

My gut tells me AJ and Jefferson but I'm worried about baltimore, a thielen game, vs. Gio's opportunity...

I would personally start Jefferson and AJ Brown.

I have another conundrum.

I need to pick three of:

Adam Thielen vs Dallas
Justin Jefferson vs Dallas
Diontae Johnson @Jax
Will Fuller vs NE

I am leaning towards sitting Fuller, which feels bad, but such is the problem with having too many good WRs, I suppose. I think all four guys are really close to each other on a weekly basis, but the first three guys on that list all have killer matchups, whereas Fuller does not, and he has been a little TD dependent this year. I could be talked into sitting Jefferson for Fuller, but that would also feel very bad with as many deep passes as Dallas is giving up.

There is downside to playing two MN WRs, though. If it becomes another Cook dominated game, they just won't get much opportunity.

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
With devonte adams looking to play, I have to pick between Jefferson and Ridley. Has to Ridley, right?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

Floofy posted:

With devonte adams looking to play, I have to pick between Jefferson and Ridley. Has to Ridley, right?

Probably yes, but you're fine either way (unless Ridley reinjures himself 💀)

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I would personally start Jefferson and AJ Brown.

I have another conundrum.

I need to pick three of:

Adam Thielen vs Dallas
Justin Jefferson vs Dallas
Diontae Johnson @Jax
Will Fuller vs NE

I am leaning towards sitting Fuller, which feels bad, but such is the problem with having too many good WRs, I suppose. I think all four guys are really close to each other on a weekly basis, but the first three guys on that list all have killer matchups, whereas Fuller does not, and he has been a little TD dependent this year. I could be talked into sitting Jefferson for Fuller, but that would also feel very bad with as many deep passes as Dallas is giving up.

There is downside to playing two MN WRs, though. If it becomes another Cook dominated game, they just won't get much opportunity.
I would sit Jefferson without a second thought. Now that I say this, as a Cook owner, Dallas will have miraculously fixed their run D and I'll eat my words.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Full PPR, need to sit one of these guys. Based on matchup and the fact that Taysom Hill is QB I was thinking Thomas but man it's bold to start a rookie over him right?

Devonte Adams
Justin Jefferson
Chase Claypool
Michael Thomas
Terry McLaurin

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
DSYS but for my FLEX in a .5 PPR league am I starting

Jamaal Williams over Ezekiel Elliot? Their floors seem shockingly similar and I dunno if there's a reason to think Elliot is about to blow up this week aside from name value.

(I also have Sammy Watkins but I don't trust him to actually play this weekend.)

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Sammy is playing.

Producing is another story.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I would sit Jefferson without a second thought. Now that I say this, as a Cook owner, Dallas will have miraculously fixed their run D and I'll eat my words.

Thanks. I hate sitting him for a juicy matchup, but it Fuller is the more reliable play, and it does mitigate some risk with Thielen also starting.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Thanks. I hate sitting him for a juicy matchup, but it Fuller is the more reliable play, and it does mitigate some risk with Thielen also starting.
Yeah and my luck I'll have said that and Jefferson will go off (he's on my bench, too). I'm no expert but its just one of those "out of those 4, he is who I would sit" things, and no one has spoken to up to say how wrong I am lol

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

Full PPR, need to sit one of these guys. Based on matchup and the fact that Taysom Hill is QB I was thinking Thomas but man it's bold to start a rookie over him right?

Devonte Adams
Justin Jefferson
Chase Claypool
Michael Thomas
Terry McLaurin

I think I’d sit Jefferson or Claypool. Hill’s pretty familiar with the offense. Are you really comfortable starting someone else knowing Thomas has the ability to ball-out any given Sunday?

Inspector_666 posted:

DSYS but for my FLEX in a .5 PPR league am I starting

Jamaal Williams over Ezekiel Elliot? Their floors seem shockingly similar and I dunno if there's a reason to think Elliot is about to blow up this week aside from name value.

(I also have Sammy Watkins but I don't trust him to actually play this weekend.)

Similar question to the one I posed above, but with a caveat: Williams is going up against Indy, while Zeke has Minnesota. Indy’s clearly a worse matchup, and Williams isn’t even GB’s primary RB. All that said, if you still feel like they have a similar floor, considering Zeke’s potential this week, how pissed off would you be if Zeke was Zeke and you had him on your bench?

I feel like you’re both overthinking this a bit much, and I get it because uncertainty is a helluva thing, but DSYS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Need help on my RBs and flex in 1 PPR

Todd Gurley @NO
Robert Woods @TB
Kareem Hunt vPHI
Duke Johnson vNE
Damien Harris @HOU
Salvon Ahmed @DEN

Am i nuts for wanting to start Harris and Ahmed over Gurley and Woods this week?