Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

MGS5 Ocelot or a different Ocelot?

MGSV ocelot, also works with miller :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Miftan posted:

It came off more aggressive than I wanted, sorry. I think it's important to realise that any solution needs to come from/be approved of by the local population and it usually gets sidelined in these discussions.

No worries mate, I get you

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal

Guavanaut posted:

And it's because we obsessively never talk about things like that as a society, probably for reasons relating to 'only current outgroup ever does terror', so that the only people going on around "did u know that the militant right-wing Zionists Jews did a terrorism too?" are exactly who you'd expect.

My grandfather was staying at the King David Hotel - he'd just gone out for a walk when it went up. We didn't really talk about it either.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Clean Your Teeth posted:

sure, nothing lasts forever, but the shark eating fish paradigm has existed for half a billion years and is still going strong. conflict is sustainable on a long enough timeline that saying that perpetual conflict is not a sustainable state of affairs for humanity is just optimistic nonsense.

So long as you don’t mind the conflicting parties being different populations and indeed different species over time, sure.

The continued existence of carnivorous cartilaginous fish doesn’t tell us much about the sustainability of a specific conflict between two specific groups of homo sapiens.

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

Miftan posted:

...our ancestral home...
This one concept turns up so invariably in the history of human conflict it's remarkable. There's something about that claim which just makes humans suspend all rationality and compassion. It has "taking back" resonance like the brexit slogan.
That's why solutions like a UN mandate or relocating Israel to less contended territory wouldn't work. It's not about land. It's about our land.
This weekend, I'm going to take back my ancestral Volvo 240.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Endjinneer posted:

This one concept turns up so invariably in the history of human conflict it's remarkable. There's something about that claim which just makes humans suspend all rationality and compassion. It has "taking back" resonance like the brexit slogan.
That's why solutions like a UN mandate or relocating Israel to less contended territory wouldn't work. It's not about land. It's about our land.
This weekend, I'm going to take back my ancestral Volvo 240.

Which actually makes Hertzel almost putting the state of Israel somewhere in Africa even more hilarious.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
https://mobile.twitter.com/DawnHFoster/status/1329891375098290176

Feels like we've hit the big time

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Convex posted:

also I remember when he wore a tie and the grotesque reality of his uncontrollable lust for power became evident. thank god we ended up with boris, a politician who truly understands the plight of the forgotten man
importantly, boris's blunders are charming and suited for a man in high office - unlike corbyn, he's unlikely to say "his royal heenis the ducky of york". you can see why the great british public selected him

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

BTW some oval office was just on HIGNFY (well, 5 of them, really) and said something along the lines of "we should bomb and kill 200,000 Corbyn supporters at Glastonbury". Don't know exactly what the line was...

Anyway, he was clearly doing it to get in on a right-wing grift like The Wanktastic Mr. Fox, so, don't retweet this or comment on it...

https://twitter.com/FinTaylorcomedy/status/1329905391019438083?s=20

But you *could* go and report it for threatening violence.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

WhatEvil posted:

BTW some oval office was just on HIGNFY (well, 5 of them, really) and said something along the lines of "we should bomb and kill 200,000 Corbyn supporters at Glastonbury". Don't know exactly what the line was...

Anyway, he was clearly doing it to get in on a right-wing grift like The Wanktastic Mr. Fox, so, don't retweet this or comment on it...

https://twitter.com/FinTaylorcomedy/status/1329905391019438083?s=20

But you *could* go and report it for threatening violence.

Heh, I noticed that a few UK comedians I follow liked it, but seem to have unliked it in the last hour or so. Wonder why.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Lol they really hate young people.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

He looks like a young person but he also has one of those bellend beards.

I don't know why but something about that facial hair is forming a negative association in my head.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/DawnHFoster/status/1329904978199244800?s=19

Of course he's someone's nephew

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Gonna point out that there is no way he came up with that gag on his own, the gaggle of writers who are never credited on these shows did. Source: my ex was a gag writer on these panel shows, and there were dozens of them. Very few comedians ever got leeway to veer off-script, especially an up-and-comer with no profile

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
He's got a website with a bio that looks like a Michael Spicer parody. Picture this next to an image of him looking smug (because that's what the page displays):

quote:

Fin Taylor has made a name for himself as one of the most talked about comedians working in the UK. A favourite of Edinburgh Festival audiences, his regular 5-star sell out shows have propelled him on to appearances on BBC2's Live At The Apollo, The Mash Report, and 8 out of 10 Cats (E4).

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Nilbop posted:

He's got a website with a bio that looks like a Michael Spicer parody. Picture this next to an image of him looking smug (because that's what the page displays):

quote:
Fin Taylor has made a name for himself as one of the most talked about comedians working in the UK. A favourite of Edinburgh Festival audiences, his regular 5-star sell out shows have propelled him on to appearances on BBC2's Live At The Apollo, The Mash Report, and 8 out of 10 Cats (E4).

I never heard of him until this thread this evening!

Just read some of the tweets about the name. To me, "Fin" is the sort of name the men in Mills & Boon novels would have had - arrogant, single, company executives who wear expensive suits and cufflinks.

In my world, Bill Bailey is the most talked about comedian.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Nov 21, 2020

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Nilbop posted:

"Most talked about" seems a lie

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

forkboy84 posted:

"Most talked about" seems a lie

obviously it is, if it weren't he'd have more than 6k twitter followers. obviously a believer in the no-press-is-bad-press school of thought

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
What's the serious unironic take on getting the Midlands involved in this?

(Because the serious unironic consequence is getting a bunch of lovely rural Tories out of it, but lol that's happening with large bits of Yorkshire so it's not much different to Bagworth, but the Mercian movement is going nowhere, so where's the North-South line for this?)

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Right wing comedians rule. They're like the UKIP of comedy. You see their poo poo get tens of thousands of likes, they get on the TV and then you see the crowds they draw and it's like 12 people on an open mic.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Guavanaut posted:

(Because the serious unironic consequence is getting a bunch of lovely rural Tories out of it, but lol that's happening with large bits of Yorkshire so it's not much different to Bagworth, but the Mercian movement is going nowhere, so where's the North-South line for this?)

Someone not affiliated with us has started this https://twitter.com/Mids4NIP lol

Our position as a party is that places that border the 'core' northern areas should be allowed a vote on joining.

E: incredibly popular UK comedy megastar Fin Taylor has fewer followers than the NIP

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Thread:

https://twitter.com/FelicityBuchan/status/1329851898367791106?s=20

"It didn't happen to me, therefore it didn't happen" logic.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Thread:

Ratio.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Parliament is just where we put everyone who's rude to the waiter.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Continuity NIP posted:

Someone not affiliated with us has started this https://twitter.com/Mids4NIP lol

Our position as a party is that places that border the 'core' northern areas should be allowed a vote on joining.
Cool, fits my view that the North begins at a line from the mouth of the Severn to the mouth of the Nene (the latter of which those South of are pronouncing wrong) from the basis of a Westminster Parliament.

And that the True North begins similar between the mouths of the Mersey and Humber, but nobody even gives a poo poo to look up there from Westminster.

Itzena
Aug 2, 2006

Nothing will improve the way things currently are.
Slime TrainerS

Guavanaut posted:

Start the "Mercia Independence Party" :v:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It already exists but I think all three of the remaining members are Magna Carta freemen on the land. :v: (if not before this year then definitely now)

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Thread:

Time until Kensington receives emergency funding from that one obviously corrupt committee...

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Watch me whip, watch me Nene.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
This now has to be pronounced in a blunt Fenland accent as "wach me wip, wach me nen" or it's regionalist.

SpaceCommie
Oct 2, 2008

I'm escaping to the one place that hasn't been corrupted by Capitalism ...

SPACE!

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Just read some of the tweets about the name. To me, "Fin" is the sort of name the men in Mills & Boon novels would have had - arrogant, single, company executives who wear expensive suits and cufflinks.

I'm a Fin (Findlay) it's a good Scottish name. There are a lot of Finleys though. gently caress them!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

SpaceCommie posted:

I'm a Fin (Findlay) it's a good Scottish name. There are a lot of Finleys though. gently caress them!

Before people settled on my actual name of Cameron apparently Finlay was considered. Think I lucked out.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I have to say this NIP thing needs better colours because at the moment it looks like a splinter branch of the IRA. Also orange is a terrible colour just generally.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

OwlFancier posted:

I have to say this NIP thing needs better colours because at the moment it looks like a splinter branch of the IRA. Also orange is a terrible colour just generally.

They're the colours of the St Oswald flag

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

SpaceCommie posted:

Updates UKMT.xlsx

But do you wear cufflinks? :birdthunk:

Oh haha just googled

https://www.millsandboon.co.uk/products/hqnsingle-06913204

Finn's Pregnant Bride:

quote:

Furious is the only way to describe tycoon Finn Delaney when he discovers his onetime lover sold her story to the press. He’s determined to have his revenge, but before he does, he wants one last taste of Catherine Walkers’ deceptively sweet passion…and then he’ll never see her again.

Honestly, I was just guessing when I said Fin was a Mills & Boon name.... I read a handful of M&B about 20 years ago when I thought I might make a few bob on the side writing romantic drivel. Was so bored I gave up that idea.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Nov 21, 2020

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

upon inspecting twitter's emoticon captions it is not, in fact, orange and green but is apparently yellow and red.

It is therefore bad because I can't see it.

Also I have never heard of saint oswald or why he has a flag.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

upon inspecting twitter's emoticon captions it is not, in fact, orange and green but is apparently yellow and red.

It is therefore bad because I can't see it.

Also I have never heard of saint oswald or why he has a flag.

Northumbrian King who gets credit for overseeing the conversion of Northumbia to Christianity

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Northumbria was almost certainly definitely better before it did that. Why would you not go with more angry germans yelling at each other and throwing axes around?

Also surely the Cumbrians would object.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Nov 21, 2020

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Up until at least very recently Facebook considered Fénian to be a slur worthy of being kicked off for, which created an awkward situation for an Irish friend who was named that by incredibly Republican parents, who otherwise went by Fin and ended up having to fax them ID and resented it massively for the obvious 'we need to see your ID' reasons that would apply there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

OwlFancier posted:

Northumbria was almost certainly definitely better before it did that. Why would you not go with more angry germans yelling at each other and throwing axes around?

Northumbria after Christianity was not short of angry Germans waving axes