Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

seiferguy posted:

He injured (what appeared to be) his hamstring at the end of the game so who knows.

Did the splits while getting tackled. Did not look comfortable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Does Greg Olsen’s death save the Seahawks any meaningful amount of cap space?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Bob Socko posted:

Does Greg Olsen’s death save the Seahawks any meaningful amount of cap space?

It was just a one-year deal anyway. The next time we see Olsen will probably be in the FOX booth.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Where are all the shrill fire KNJ people now?

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

half cocaine posted:

He still needs to be fired they are still the worst pass d in history

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

half cocaine posted:

He still stinks OP

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i'll say it: cardinals need a new s&c coach. they haven't been healthy for 3 years straight.

kirkpatrick was a guy off the street they signed so whatever with him but the penalties otherwise are just completely stupid poo poo. mountains of false starts, bad holding penalties, lining up wrong, etc. when they're clicking they play fast and smart which is why it's so confusing. some real schrodingers coaching.

same thing with kliff. i like him but i don't think he's had a completely clean sheet of decisions in a close game. we've had early 4th down attempts go wrong that leads later to him not going for it on an easier try. his play calling isn't there yet either. but it's also more than halfway thru year 2

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

^Kliff was destroying Seattle with those screens and mid depth hooks. Then he started to use them less frequently and I don’t know why.

—-

KNJ called a much better game. The best game of the season by far.

Still don’t know if that means it was good or not because hawke are so used to trash play calling.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Hyde tonight was a reminder that there is a big difference between "RB" and "this person might be able to be an RB in the NFL". Carson is underrated and Hyde is still really good.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

half cocaine posted:

Feel free to fire KNJ still...

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Lifespan posted:

Hyde tonight was a reminder that there is a big difference between "RB" and "this person might be able to be an RB in the NFL". Carson is underrated and Hyde is still really good.

Also darn good run blocking by hawks OL.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

N: With 3.5 sacks in three games with the Seahawks, Carlos Dunlap has 0.5 more sacks than Clowney had for Seattle last year and 3.5 more than Clowney has for TEN this year.

V: :lol:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

half cocaine posted:

Hi, it's me, fire KNJ

Love blitzing on third down and defending Nuk Hopkins with a trailing Tre Flowers

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
Ken still puts his players in tough spots where it’s very unlikely they succeed.

Good win, closer than it should’ve been.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

the cardinals front 7 is 2 healthy pass rushers, simmons, and a bunch of practice squad guys. our only NT is on IR. do not expect that run game performance in the playoffs lol

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

hifi posted:

the cardinals front 7 is 2 healthy pass rushers, simmons, and a bunch of practice squad guys. our only NT is on IR. do not expect that run game performance in the playoffs lol

I mean, Hawks are going to get their center and starting rb back too. Run game doesn't have to be great, it just has to be credible so Russ can do his thing.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

All you fire KNJ people really mean get well soon Quill and dunbar.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

half cocaine posted:

All you fire KNJ people really mean get well soon Quill and dunbar.

...No, because they weren't killing it before. They are absolutely better than Flowers, but KNJ can't call a defensive game to save his life. Beating up on NFC East will be his savior for the next few weeks, but he should be out.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1N5t_xrujo

Should be required watching for anyone wondering why the fire KNJ train isn't slowing down. He's got talent to work with but appears to be actively working away from his players' strengths.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/1329652839568687104
Olsen dead? Alive?

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
Dead... Please stay healthy for this first time Dissly!

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Poor Greg Olson :( seems like that was probably the last game he’s played in the NFL with that injury

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Its Rinaldo posted:

It isn't any stupider than Safeco or T-Mobile or Century Link. Corporate names are always terrible

I was not happy when the Rams changed their dome to the Edward Jones Dome in 2002. What the gently caress is that poo poo?

The prior name, Trans World Dome, sounded way cooler.

And yes, corporate names are always mostly terrible.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

I hope cody Parkinson gets on the field soon. I love dissly and Hollister though.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Slim Jim should buy naming rights to a major North American sports arena/stadium.

Either that or Dickie's BBQ.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

shirts and skins posted:

Hi, it's me, fire KNJ

Love blitzing on third down and defending Nuk Hopkins with a trailing Tre Flowers

Tre has been solid.

He allowed like 5 for 50 yds to the best receiver in football.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Lifespan posted:

I'm a little salty about letting Hyde go to a divisional opponent, but he's still one of my guys and I'm glad to see him doing well. We got Unca Sherman, so I'd say we're a bit ahead on the deals.

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!

kensei posted:

N: With 3.5 sacks in three games with the Seahawks, Carlos Dunlap has 0.5 more sacks than Clowney had for Seattle last year and 3.5 more than Clowney has for TEN this year.

V: :lol:

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Gonz posted:

Slim Jim should buy naming rights to a major North American sports arena/stadium.

This would be incredible.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

This would be incredible.

Get the Slim Jim logo plastered all over the exterior in big neon lights and have all the concessions employees dressed up like the Macho Man in his red and yellow outfit, too.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Gonz posted:

Get the Slim Jim logo plastered all over the exterior in big neon lights and have all the concessions employees dressed up like the Macho Man in his red and yellow outfit, too.

Sold. I'm in.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
I’d say I look forward to Kyler Murray getting more consistent but I actually really, really don’t.

He was facing a lot of pressure, but he also just had a very rough game overall; lots of passes weren’t where they needed to be.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

rjmccall posted:

I’d say I look forward to Kyler Murray getting more consistent but I actually really, really don’t.

He was facing a lot of pressure, but he also just had a very rough game overall; lots of passes weren’t where they needed to be.

He looked hurt tbh. His passes just didn't seem as tight as I remember, and that miss to a wide open Nuk in the flat was a real head scratcher.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

shirts and skins posted:

He looked hurt tbh. His passes just didn't seem as tight as I remember, and that miss to a wide open Nuk in the flat was a real head scratcher.

They were constantly applying a hot towel to his shoulder on the sideline. It showed that he was in pain. I guess that's the only way to beat Kyler and Nuk when you're down CB1 and 2.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
The last couple of years have been so weird on the injury front because the Hawks have had a lot of people with long-term injuries but their opponents have often had a key player hurt or limited during the game, possibly the week before, which materially affected the outcome (see also Cook, Dalvin).

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

That was a good, fun game. Little chippy in parts, but good. Man it was good having Hyde back. Hawks and Cards are well matched.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

Looks like passing on Clowney was the right move after all. Still should have done more to address the pash rush early on, but . . .

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1330236428001927181?s=21

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Dunlap is already 10x better than Clowney.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I thought the Rams were out of winning the division after the Miami game but if they win tonight they get slotted into the number 2 seed so I am prepared for ultimate disappointment this time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!

DariusLikewise posted:

I thought the Rams were out of winning the division after the Miami game but if they win tonight they get slotted into the number 2 seed so I am prepared for ultimate disappointment this time.

Looking at all 3 schedules, all 3 of the Rams, Seahawks, and Cardinals look like they should be on track for 11 or 12 wins. Those 2 Rams/Cardinals matchups are huge. Seattle is maybe a slight favorite to win the division and get to 12 wins but my guess is all 3 are in it still in week 17. With the NFC West beating up on each other anybody in the division securing the #1 seed looks pretty unlikely though. Probably Green Bay ends up securing it, unless the Saints somehow keep winning without Brees. Or the Bucs go on a season final tear starting tonight.