Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Original holiday special is better, but the Lego one was cute. Though I'm irrationally angry that they did the whole "holidays are a time for friends and family" thing but still actively refuse to let Ben reunite with his family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

So every year my close friends and I get together to watch rhe SWHS and get drunk as poo poo. Is this Lego worth adding to our annual life day celebration?*

*for COVID yes they are part of our 10 person bubble.

If you're looking for something "so bad it's funny," then no.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Lego Star Wars Xmas is pretty adorable. I do wish they had done more with the central aspect of it though, but it is a cheeky version of what is probably an actual story.

thrawn527 posted:

I really enjoyed it. It was exactly the dumb fun I was hoping it would be. Sheev was especially fun.

“Make with the fighty fighty.”

I liked "me wanty, you getty!!!"

Also the Stormtroopers confused on what to do when there are two Vaders or their reaction to Baby Yoda

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

twistedmentat posted:

Lego Star Wars Xmas is pretty adorable.

It definitely had its moments. It's such an obvious joke, but the two patrol clone troopers had me laugh out loud.
"I was just about to say that! Jinx! Double jinx!"

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Hot drat that was a good episode. Great action, adorable Baby Yoda moments ... this season is hitting it out of the park so far.

Dark Troopers!?

e: Bryce Dallas Howard and Carl Weathers are two names I never would have guessed would direct great Star Wars action but here we are.

Moon Slayer fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Nov 20, 2020

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Bryce did the first cara dune episode last season too I think. I'm glad Carl got a turn behind the camera because this was a great one

boo on bringing midichlorians back tho lol

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I think that was my favorite episode of the series so far, or at least the strongest action.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

I've been watching Rebels and am on season 4 and I have a question: do Ezra or Kanan ever kill anyone with their lightsabers? They do a whole lot of reflecting blaster bolts and cutting guns in half but I just noticed it recently and now it's bothering me.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Badger of Basra posted:

I've been watching Rebels and am on season 4 and I have a question: do Ezra or Kanan ever kill anyone with their lightsabers? They do a whole lot of reflecting blaster bolts and cutting guns in half but I just noticed it recently and now it's bothering me.

Yes, but it's fairly rare. There's a couple of Kill Count videos, but they are pretty spoilery for stuff you haven't seen yet. Google them at your own risk.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Moon Slayer posted:

Hot drat that was a good episode. Great action, adorable Baby Yoda moments ... this season is hitting it out of the park so far.

Dark Troopers!?

e: Bryce Dallas Howard and Carl Weathers are two names I never would have guessed would direct great Star Wars action but here we are.

if we get Kyle Katarn out of this...

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Badger of Basra posted:

Rebels had a very inconsistent approach to "good" killing in general really. It could radically shift every episode. You'll go an episode where the show takes great pains to show that not even a single Stormtrooper died even if shot, and characters talk about how the heroes never kill anyone. Then the next episode will be a killapalooza where the heroes casually kill like 30 guys, admit they killed them, and no one cares. I don't know if it was different writers/directors having different opinions on the tone of the show, or something like every now and then a producer/exec would demand them to tone it up/down and the crew would do so but change bit back once said execs attention wandered.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

I do like that Resistance - for as kiddy as it is - actually has the main characters actively dodging laser fire every now and again instead of every shot missing spectacularly

[dryly] Not being a Jedi certainly helps raise the tension, it turns out

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Rebels also blew up several star destroyers which must have a crew of hundreds.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Moon Slayer posted:

9,235 officers
9,700 stormtroopers
27,850 enlisted crew

per ship

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Fascists don't count as people

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Chopper is the biggest Mass Murderer in the galaxy only after Tarkin.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

galagazombie posted:

Rebels had a very inconsistent approach to "good" killing in general really. It could radically shift every episode. You'll go an episode where the show takes great pains to show that not even a single Stormtrooper died even if shot, and characters talk about how the heroes never kill anyone. Then the next episode will be a killapalooza where the heroes casually kill like 30 guys, admit they killed them, and no one cares. I don't know if it was different writers/directors having different opinions on the tone of the show, or something like every now and then a producer/exec would demand them to tone it up/down and the crew would do so but change bit back once said execs attention wandered.

Lets not forget the finale the rebels plan was get all the Imperial garrison on that planet into a ship. Then to send it into space and blow it up.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Moon Slayer posted:

yeah this is why the fact that they never slice people with their lightsabers is so striking

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

twistedmentat posted:

Chopper is the biggest Mass Murderer in the galaxy only after Tarkin.

Who counts as "firing" Starkiller Base? That blew up several planets.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

OB_Juan posted:

Who counts as "firing" Starkiller Base? That blew up several planets.

That lies on the one who gave the order to fire, so Hux

Which reminds of me the Huxlo fodder that the Lego Holiday Special gave that particular segment of the fanbase all the ammo they'll ever need for the rest of time

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Badger of Basra posted:

yeah this is why the fact that they never slice people with their lightsabers is so striking

Nameless ships exploding gets you a very different tv rating than your main characters actively maiming and impaling people.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Remember when Ahsoka decapitated like five Mandalorians at once? I like to, every now and then.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Moon Slayer posted:

Remember when Ahsoka decapitated like five Mandalorians at once? I like to, every now and then.

Ahsoka always owns Mandalorians.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTWxWK9_zrU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sW81fn28_V0

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

And then she became one.

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

So as an Ultra Orthodox Mandalorian does Din believe Darth Maul is the true Mandalore?

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Edit: oh wait there’s a Mando thread

Joke Miriam
Nov 17, 2019

It just occured to me the name Bo Katan is basically like saying her name is Staff Claymor

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Joke Miriam posted:

So as an Ultra Orthodox Mandalorian does Din believe Darth Maul is the true Mandalore?

Either his sect is very selective about what they include in their history books, or he was just a bad student.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

Joke Miriam posted:

Even if that's true, Maul has been dead for a while at this point.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
More on rumored Boba Fett miniseries which is sounding more and more likely:

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2020/11/rumor-boba-fett-miniseries-disney-plus.html

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I definitely should have expected this from this show after the Bo-Katan episode. No cameo, no wink and nudge, just straight into Ahsoka kicking rear end. The lightsabers, the theme, the owl ... everything. Hell yeah.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Grogu :kimchi:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

I'm surprised she never once mentioned having left the Order, given how hard she's leaned into "I am no Jedi" in the past.

Also, lots of people looking for things in this season. Mando looking for a Jedi, Bo-Katan looking for the darksaber, Ahsoka and presumably Sabine looking for Thrawn and most likely Ezra.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Moon Slayer posted:

I'm surprised she never once mentioned having left the Order, given how hard she's leaned into "I am no Jedi" in the past.

Also, lots of people looking for things in this season. Mando looking for a Jedi, Bo-Katan looking for the darksaber, Ahsoka and presumably Sabine looking for Thrawn and most likely Ezra.

Also, New Republic looking for Mando, and Gideon looking for the child.

quote:

When one chooses to walk the way of the Mandalore, you are both hunter and prey.

The Armorer was not joking around.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
So it turns out I was in fact still hype af when Ahsoka appeared on screen

drat you Dave for giving Baby Yoda a name, I'm still gonna call him Baby Yoda gently caress you lol

The Thrawn line makes me think this was a backdoor pilot

I wonder if whatever Jedi makes contact after they reach the temple will be someone we know, or someone new

Michael Biehn!

Loth-cat!

site fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Nov 27, 2020

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Yeah, the first time I heard Grogu I hated it, but I came around to it over the course of the episode. But yeah I expect he'll still be "the kid" to Mando and "Baby Yoda" to the fans for a long time.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

site posted:

I wonder if whatever Jedi makes contact after they reach the temple will be someone we know, or someone new

It'll be Jorus C'baoth

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
:eyepop:

dave should go whole hog and have it be Freddie Prinze Jr as Force Ghost Kanan

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

site posted:

:eyepop:

dave should go whole hog and have it be Freddie Prinze Jr as Force Ghost Kanan

Ghost Windu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

site posted:

If any of Gideon's experiments are successful, it probably won't be a Jedi that finds them.